Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

http://www.usatoday....cticut/1769367/

This makes me sick. I wish I could get my hands on the man responsible. Get ready for more gun control laws. Good job major news companies, they love to give people ideas. This *&^**& was probably watching the coverage on the Aurora shootings and thought "I could do that". Dressed just like the Dark Knight Shooter. When you constantly talk about it, it makes their psychotic body and brain feel like they accomplished what they wanted.

#2 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'm so pissed right now. Most of the kids were in kindergarten. That would be ages from 4-6. I'm angry, sad, and disgusted all at the same time. I frustrated because there is nothing that can be done. Those kids were so young. I am just so angry right now. I want to to do something about it, what can I do? What can any of us do? Take guns away will not take them away from the psychotics and criminals. What can we do? Sorry to be rambling but this is terrible. God bless all that died, I'd take those children's place if I could.

#3 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I know how you feel. I'm disgusted as well.

#4 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Trust me when I say this, it hurts 20x worse the closer you are.

In CT, we're all heartbroken, and as for me, even just hearing about it now, I'm deeply disturbed and severally angered by this.

Since this is the adult board, I'll say this without hesitation, I hope that *@!#! rots in hell, and I wish all those families the best.

EDITED: This is no longer the Adults Only Board.

#5 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Words just aren't enough to describe what I feel about this.

#6 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

This is so sad the state our country is in where these sick people commit such crimes. What a piece of S@!#!.

#7 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

All those lives cut short before they can even really begin...

If this isn't considered the worst of the current state of gun control and mental health in the United States, I don't know what is.

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Something seriously needs to be done now. It's happening too often.

#9 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

People are going to get guns whether they're legal or not.

There isn't too much that people can do to prevent things like this.

#10 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

People are going to get guns whether they're legal or not.

There isn't too much that people can do to prevent things like this.

In this particular case, just like in many of the other similar cases, the weapons belonged to a member of the family.

Making sure that the weapons you own are secured, i.e. that other people in the family can not get a hold of them, would go a pretty long way to help prevent things like this from happening.

Putting laws in place, requiring people to keep their weapons secure, would help a lot. It wouldn't completely prevent things from this happening, but it would make procuring weapons, more difficult. And that way, discourage some of the potential shooters.

If the shooter this time, had not been able to get a hold of firearms that belonged to his parents, would he still have gone ahead and done the same thing? Maybe, maybe not. There's no way to say, but the possibility alone, that it could prevent similar shootings, is enough.

And best part of laws like that, would be that the pro-gun people can't really argue against it. It wouldn't be taking away their right to own a firearm, it would just be a legal requirement, to keep their firearms secured.

#11 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I've been offered 20 bucks to to buy a gun in the inner city, they are not hard to get a hold of.

#12 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Did I claim it was?

But even buying a gun for 20 bucks in town, is more difficult than simply grabbing your parents' weapons from your own house.

#13 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I hope those families can pull through ok, they've lost their babies in such a terrible way.

Also, I don't think it's that cool to be debating gun laws in this thread you know? Seems a bit... I dunno.

#14 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I didn't want to mention it either, but it is an inevitability. The real scumbags making cheap political points are the news people interviewing young kids after being traumatized.

#15 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Shooting Victims: 'Hero' Teacher, Principal, 20 Kids:

One was a first-grade teacher who reportedly threw herself in front of the gunman to shield her students. Another was a well-liked principal.

Both were among those killed when Adam Lanza, 20, stormed into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., with guns blazing Friday, killing six adults and 20 children before killing himself.

Lanza also killed a seventh adult in the rampage -- his mother, Nancy Lanza. She was killed in her home, shot in the face before her son's assault on the school, sources told ABC News.

Few other victims' names had emerged as of early this morning, but that was expected to change at a police news conference. Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said officers had identified the names of all the victims at the school.

"They were successful working with the medical examiners establishing positive identification," he said. "Our detectives then went and made notification to all of the family members."

The few that emerged early came with compelling stories attached.

Vicki Soto, 27, one of the adult victims, loved being a teacher, her cousin, Jim Wiltsie, told ABC News' Chris Cuomo Friday. In fact, her first-grade students' safety was such a high priority that Soto reportedly lost her life protecting them.

"The family was informed that she was trying to shield, get her children into a closet and protect them from harm, and by doing that put herself between the gunman and the children," Wiltsie said. "And that's when she was tragically shot and killed.

"I'm very proud to have known Vicki," Wiltsie added. "Her life dream was to be a teacher. And her instincts kicked in when she saw there was harm coming to her students.

"It brings peace to know that Vicki was doing what she loved, protecting the children," he said. "And in our eyes, she is a hero."

The circumstances of Dawn Hochsprung's death are less clear, but those who have spoken have had nice things to say about the Sandy Hook principal.

"When we had our orientation, you could tell she loved her job," Brenda Lediski, a parent, told ABC News by phone.

Hochsprung, 47, only became principal of Sandy Hook in recent years, according to a local news report.

"She was always enthusiastic, always smiling, always game to do anything," Kristin Larson, a former PTA secretary, told the Boston Globe. "When I saw her at the beginning of the school year, she was hugging everyone."

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos, Dan Harris and Lauren Effron contributed to this report.
Also Read

#16 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

http://m.voanews.com/1564820.html

Let's ban knives! I'm sure that would make everything better.

#17 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Also, I don't think it's that cool to be debating gun laws in this thread you know? Seems a bit... I dunno.

Appropriate? Fitting? On topic?

Asking about gun laws when interviewing the people directly affected by the tragedy, is despicable. I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that.

But those people were killed by a nut with firearms obtained from his own home. If there is any time that is right, for talking about gun laws, it is in the wake of a tragedy like this one. When the topic is fresh in people's mind.

It is,without any shred of doubt, a horrible tragedy. And frankly, we should be doing everything we possibly can, to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again. I honestly can't see why you disagree with that.

#18 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

http://m.voanews.com/1564820.html

Let's ban knives! I'm sure that would make everything better.

Banning knives, just like banning guns, wouldn't change anything.

#19 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yeah. I know. That's kind of the point I was trying to say. I failed miserably I suppose.

#20 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

I would argue that now is definitely the correct time to debate gun laws. Not interviewing those involved though, obviously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users