9 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

The man and the woman look at each other over their cooling coffees. She cuts her pie into tiny slices and begins pushing it across her plate with disinterest.

“Bruce, I don’t know. This sounds like a really good idea now, but these things always seem to get out of hand. Remember how that whole War Games thing turned out,”

“That wasn’t me,” the man in the dark suit replies, “That was Stephanie, she only briefly held the position of Robin. But she was a perfect example of why the team needs to be more prepared. If the League were to be compromised like it was five years ago, the team may be our only hope of taking down our own people.”

She sips some coffee.

“But,” she interjects, “ we can run simulations. We can train them like we have been doing. And it’s not like we’ve been treating them lightly. Last week Cassie was cold-cocked by an nine foot albino space biker.”

“That’s not the right kind of challenge. They’ve always relied on us for strategy and direction. What happens when we aren’t there to direct them? What happens when they need to make contingency strategies to deal with us? They need to go up against the best the league has to offer as preparation. I NEED to be their false foe now, so that they’ll be ready if any of us were to become a real one in the future. Trust me Diana, I know what I’m doing.”

Diana rubs her temples.

“But this whole thing is rather convoluted isn’t it?”

“Hardly,” Bruce replies, “All you need to do is make sure that the rest of the league is unavailable. Tell them you got kidnapped by space Gods again.”

“That’s the third time this year I’ve used that excuse for personal reasons; I think the kids are getting a wee bit suspicious.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll make it look real. Once you’re gone, I’ll put on a show to make Nightwing think I’ve gone insane.”

“Yeah,” she mutters, “that’ll be reaaaly difficult.”

Bruce continues on and pretends not to hear her.

“Then the team will have to stop me before I can neutralize them. It doesn’t matter how. It’s not important since I have no intention of permanently harming any of them. However it will be a test to see if the team is ready to take on The Light, not to mention to test if they can stop a Leaguer who goes over the edge. But everything needs to look entirely real, so under no circumstances can you or anyone tell them what’s really happening.”

“Yeah, kidnapped by sexy evil space Gods. Got it.”

Bruce raises his mug and sips.

“I didn’t say they were sexy.”

“Hey, it’s my lie Bruce. They can be whatever I want them to. Either way this entire plan is Ba… oh.”

There’s a pause. Bruce lowers his coffee.

“You were going to say bat-shit crazy, weren’t you?”

“I was but then,”

“You realized that I’m actually where that phrase comes from.”

She raises a bite of pie.

“Yup.”

--------------------------------

TV show Young Justice, second season. Current Comic book Batman. His plan: to pretend to turn evil to test the team and see if they could actually stop him should he turn really evil in the future. Morals are on, but Young Justice has no reason to believe this isn’t real.

This isn’t a cage match, its war. After convincing Nightwing of his malevolence Batman can use any strategy, as can Nightwing and YJ. Will it be Tower of Babel Jr or will his protégé and his team be able to take down a rogue bat?

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Learn More About
Young Justice (TV Series)
Read more about Young Justice (TV Series) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Cartoon Network Links: Wikipedia DC Comics Database Young Justice Wiki

Batman
Read more about Batman at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Batman Entry The Dark Knight Golden Age Batman Site

#3 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'll argue devil's advocate for YJ because Nightwing might be able to tie batman in terms of strategy, knows all of Bat's plans, and has a big numbers advantage. Though I'm guessing Batman might be the favorite here, because he's the god-damn Batman.

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Good setup. With Nightwing leading the team and using everything Bruce taught him Young Justice eventually puts him down after a long hard battle. Nightwing has the skills and intellect to do so. Plus he has some powerful members on Young Justice he can use to help coordinate a well thought out plan.

#5 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

I agree with the above comments. Nightwing alone can stalemate Batman and with the likes of Miss Martian, Blue Beattle, and Superboy they will make Bruce proud, by making him pee himself.

#6 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Double post

#7 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

I have to disagree with some others. This is comic batman vs tv young justice. They have proven to be formidable but this is a batman that knows everything about them and has shown different depths of experience compared to the cartoon versions. While it may not be easy, I believe batman will show them areas they need improvement on.

#8 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Batman had ways of taking down the Justice League. He definitely has ways of taking down anyone else he sees as a potential threat, whether they become so deliberately or accidentally, and he definitely has ways of taking down this team of super-kids. Also, Batman has far more experience, skill, resources and intellect to utilize. The Young Justice team wont know what hits them. Nightwing will be a big help, but the emotional impact of the situation will affect his mindset at least somewhat, and Batman knows that Nightwing knows him very well, so Batman will have to think really far outside his box. It'll be a tough war, but the goddamn Batman wins it, eventually.

#9 Drey Songs

Drey Songs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Bats whupped jla but. Young justice are toast.

#10 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

... Well, yeah.

#11 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
B