Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Match 13068 Goliath (Gargoyles) vs. Bane

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

That's actually a bit debatable. In Macbeth, Goliath's also faced a skilled opponent that's lived over a millenium and likes to use gagdets in combat. He's also fought Xanatos, a skilled and clever fighter in his own right who likes to wear enhanced battle suits.

LOL! Xanatos in Steel Clan armor vs. Azrael would be a helluva follow-up match to this.

#22 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

Ah, yes, must have been thinking of that match. Well, you definitely made this your own, so congrats, and, personally, i am aware that Bane has enhanced Venom in this fight but, as i said in my comment, i still doubt he wins, but either way it's damn close.

Thanks, man. I've actually had this match in mind for Goliath ever since shortly after I added him to the databases way back when.

LOL! Xanatos in Steel Clan armor vs. Azrael would be a helluva follow-up match to this.

Heh, yeah. In the end, though, I could almost see Xanatos somehow managing to convince Jean-Paul to work for him. :D I already have a match in mind for Xanatos, though, so maybe it could made into a matchup outside of this arc one day.

#23 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Ignore Corvette, he's just a Bane fanboy. :P

In all seriousness, nice set-up, Skillz. I see Goliath taking this after a tough fight. Experience, as well as the advantage of flight, should see him through. Despite what a certain Vette says, Xanatos in the power armor would rip Bane a new one.

#24 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Tried posting a reply but it didn't take.

That's actually a bit debatable. In Macbeth, Goliath's also faced a skilled opponent that's lived over a millenium and likes to use gagdets in combat. He's also fought Xanatos, a skilled and clever fighter in his own right who likes to wear enhanced battle suits.

Any chance we'll see Xanatos in Steel Clan armor vs. Azrael sometime in this arc? That'd be cool.

#25 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Ignore Corvette, he's just a Bane fanboy. :P

In all seriousness, nice set-up, Skillz. I see Goliath taking this after a tough fight. Experience, as well as the advantage of flight, should see him through. Despite what a certain Vette says, Xanatos in the power armor would rip Bane a new one.

Thanks, AVP! It never really mattered to me who won in any of my matches, though, as long as the match is entertaining and at least fairly close. I tried to make things as even as possible with this one, and I've also made arguments for both fighters in my comments.

Tried posting a reply but it didn't take.

Did you press the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of my previous post? Doing so automatically quotes it in the typing space for the next post you want to make. As for your question:

Any chance we'll see Xanatos in Steel Clan armor vs. Azrael sometime in this arc? That'd be cool.

Heh, yeah. In the end, though, I could almost see Xanatos somehow managing to convince Jean-Paul to work for him. :D I already have a match in mind for Xanatos, though, so maybe it could made into a matchup outside of this arc one day.

#26 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Thought I had said something but it didn't post. Although I've never seen Gargoyls, Goliath has ben used enough times and debated enough that I feel confident in voting for him. And good set up Skillz! But maaaan that was a long time inbetween parts!

#27 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Thought I had said something but it didn't post. Although I've never seen Gargoyls, Goliath has ben used enough times and debated enough that I feel confident in voting for him. And good set up Skillz!

Thanks, leroy!

But maaaan that was a long time inbetween parts!

Heh, yeah, I'm not exactly the most prolific of writers. I promise it won't be another two years before the next chapter, though. :lol:

#28 L.I.C. (-Large In Charge-)

L.I.C. (-Large In Charge-)

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Movies & Adventure, Martial-Arts, Science-Fiction, Transformers, Godzilla, MOTU, Video Games.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

A very long and well detailed match. However I've already made the Goliath VS Bane match, the first one!

#29 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Ignore Corvette, he's just a Bane fanboy.

I don't know what you're talking about. I was just defending the character everyone's saying will lose for fun.

EDIT: ASDFG SMILEY FACE

EDITEDIT: Removed.

#30 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

You're not fooling anyone, buddy. We all know of your secret love for Bane.

#31 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

What's your point? :P

#32 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

My point is... Bane's nothing more than a junkie. e.e

#33 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

You have no idea.

#34 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

A very long and well detailed match. However I've already made the Goliath VS Bane match, the first one!

Heh, yeah, you beat me to putting out the very first match between these two, and a good one. I did have the concept for mine a long time prior to that, though.

#35 L.I.C. (-Large In Charge-)

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Movies & Adventure, Martial-Arts, Science-Fiction, Transformers, Godzilla, MOTU, Video Games.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Heh, yeah, you beat me to putting out the very first match between these two, and a good one. I did have the concept for mine a long time prior to that, though.

And it is very well done too. I salute you! You've got your confedence is back too I trust.

#36 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

And it is very well done too. I salute you! You've got your confedence is back too I trust.

Thanks, man! One of the things I'm hoping for is that the final vote for the match is around as close as it was for yours. I never lost my confidence, though; I just knew I had to wait for a while longer before I posted this.

#37 L.I.C. (-Large In Charge-)

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Thanks, man! One of the things I'm hoping for is that the final vote for the match is around as close as it was for yours. I never lost my confidence, though; I just knew I had to wait for a while longer before I posted this.

I just hope in your match Bane loses. Because in my match Bane won

#38 Confession FPT

Confession FPT

The Cacti Guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Lucha Libre, baby!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

DEARGAWD THAT PICTURE OF BANE ALWAYS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

#39 The Lord Dragon Reborn

The Lord Dragon Reborn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 360, SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS/MOVIES, FOOTBALL, AND NONREALITY TV SHOWS

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Bane crushes Goliath!

#40 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Okay, just a couple more hours until this wraps. Any more comments, votes, etc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users