#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Deathstroke has this in the bag.

He has plenty of prep. with complete information about his targets.
His targets are completely unaware of his identity, capabilities and possible weaknesses(they're even unaware of his location).

The incendiary grenades is enough to incapacitate Sandman(turning him into glass)
And his Energy Lance is more than capable of taking out all of the others with a single hit each.
If they get into close combat, his reaction speed is enough to easily go toe to toe with any one of them, and his Promethium sword is enough to take any one of them down(once sandman is incapacitated by the incend. grenades).

Chances are that the 4 Semtex grenades will be strategically placed around the place where he was sniping from. Once the Sinister Six Five get up there(or how many of them it actually is that move to that location), a single shot from the Energy Lance is enough to detonate the grenades, taking out those members that are there.

He knows their capabilities, he knows their tactics, he knows how they think and react in most situations. He's already won, they just don't know it yet.

#22 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Deathstroke has this in the bag.

He has plenty of prep. with complete information about his targets.
His targets are completely unaware of his identity, capabilities and possible weaknesses(they're even unaware of his location).

The incendiary grenades is enough to incapacitate Sandman(turning him into glass)
And his Energy Lance is more than capable of taking out all of the others with a single hit each.
If they get into close combat, his reaction speed is enough to easily go toe to toe with any one of them, and his Promethium sword is enough to take any one of them down(once sandman is incapacitated by the incend. grenades).

Chances are that the 4 Semtex grenades will be strategically placed around the place where he was sniping from. Once the Sinister Six Five get up there(or how many of them it actually is that move to that location), a single shot from the Energy Lance is enough to detonate the grenades, taking out those members that are there.

He knows their capabilities, he knows their tactics, he knows how they think and react in most situations. He's already won, they just don't know it yet.

Yeah, I forgot to factor in the prep time. That's like giving Doom prep time. Can't change the vote though.

#23 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, I forgot to factor in the prep time. That's like giving Doom prep time. Can't change the vote though.

And this is why I generally don't vote until the last day of the match. Because there is a good chance of someone bringing up facts that I had either forgotten, or was unaware of, that changes the outcome.

#24 The Warrior of Many Faces

The Warrior of Many Faces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Given that Deathstroke has prep time, I honestly don't see the Six taking this.

If Deathstroke didn't have any prep time, he could probably still take most of them. He's taken on a similar situation when he took on some of the Justice League. http://4.bp.blogspot...y crisis #3.jpg Granted, that was Post-Crisis, but New 52 buffed him if anything with that Nth armor. So he could take most of them. Doc Ock wouldn't be a problem, not with Deathstroke's stealth advantage. Mysterio's stuff might slow him down, but he's trained enough to be able to hear Mysterio's actual movements. Kraven doesn't have much of a chance given Deathstroke's stealthy position, and Electro is only a man. Bullets still kill him.

Sandman is the real problem here. Deathstroke would need very careful maneuvering to use his grenades well enough to turn Sandman to glass. Without prep time, he wouldn't have the time with five metahumans after him. With it, he could arrange them all to die without ever having taken a hit.

#25 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

It can move. It can cover points being attacked by thought. It can form weapons and is very durable.

Ah ha. Thanks, dude.

I still don't see Deathstroke winning. He could easily take out some of these villains, but he can't take them all out quickly enough to win this. With the amount of powers and gear being thrown at Deathstroke, which he'd have to spend time and effort countering or dodging, even if he did know what they were gonna do, he wont be able to keep up with everything, and both Sandman and Electro could take down Deathstroke pretty easily, considering their powers, and considering the inevitable opportunities they would get to do so.

#26 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Deathstroke having prep doesn't always mean a definite win for him. Also Doc Ock would't have a problem finding him as he could use his small mini ock robots to find Slade as he spreads them out over the area. Keep in mind Mysterio could use his illusions to change the landscape in Deathstroke view to something else. Hell he could create a forest illusion for example which would make it hard on Slade's part to take out the Six. In addition keep in mind Mysterio's illusions do harm as well so a illusion of a team of Avengers would do damage to Slade. The Sinister Six are smart and they know how to work together currently to get the job done. They have many ways they can take out Slade here.

#27 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, Deathstroke has the drop on them with a 50 cal sniper, most of them will die before they realize it.

#28 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Sinister Six went for cover the second they saw the laser on Chameleon. Deathstroke sniped Chameleon then disappeared and went from cover. By the time he goes back to try to snipe them they will be gone. The Six and Slade went for cover. Neither will know where the other is.

#29 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Good set-up, LEGACY

Now, if Deathstroke just blindly charged in to take on the Si-- er, Five without some kind of plan or knowledge on them, and the Six were a more cohesive unit, he'd be beaten fairly quickly and probably killed. However, that wouldn't really be Slade's -- or the Sinister Six's-- style. DS almost always knows what his targets are fully capable of and plans accordingly, and the set-up reflects that. He already knows what these villains are capable of, he has the tools and skill to take them out, and the Six-- uh, Five have already been caught off guard.

Deathstroke eventually finishes them off with some effort. Would've been a bit more interesting if he didn't have that Nth metal armor, though.

#30 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Sinister Six went for cover the second they saw the laser on Chameleon. Deathstroke sniped Chameleon then disappeared and went from cover. By the time he goes back to try to snipe them they will be gone. The Six and Slade went for cover. Neither will know where the other is.

You really don't think Slade would be counting on them going on the move?

#31 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Doesn't matter if he did. The Six have already taken cover and Slade took cover as well. Slade then went for higher ground. You don't really think the Six will stick around right? The Six in that time Slade stopped shooting and went for cover will leave the building where they are to go to a another area outside of where they are where they have homefield advantage and can draw out Slade.

Now granted Slade probably planned for them to get out the building where he might have more of a advantage but Ock and others are smart enough to know that so they will be careful as they move quickly.

#32 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Homefield is negated by a week worth of prep, and I'm pretty sure Slade has been to NYC more then a few times. Besides, whatever cover they do have, would have to be pretty strong to stop a 50 cal.

#33 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Sandman, Electro ,and Kraven (Immortal) can survive being sniped. Slade could snipe Ock. Mysterio could be sniped but won't happen as he would be casting illusions and making that hard. Home field advantage means they get out the building where Slade can pick them off. Once Slade realizes he has to fight them because sniping won't work. The Six can take him out in a fight with teamwork. Slade knowing New York doesn't really mean anything at the moment with the location their at. Although if Slade let Electro fly off to the city nearby to powerup even further he would be screwed.

#34 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Elektro can't survive being sniped, and Kraven, while he would survive, would still be incapacitated by a .50 cal to the head.

#35 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Electro is a maybe because he always has electricity around him that could protect him and plus I have seen bullets fail against Electro when cops try to shoot him. If I can find a scan I will post it. Kraven would heal from a bullet to the head and get right back up. Slade's best bet is to just cut his head off which I could see Slade doing.

#36 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

The Nth metal is more impressive than I knew. The weapons you've given him plus the chance to plan does give him a chance to take down the entire six. If he's facing them all at once, I still think the odds favor them.

#37 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

If he were facing classic Six then in a straight out fight new 52 Slade would have no problem. However Deathstroke having prep doesn't mean automatic win like some people seem to think. I love new 52 Deathstroke but I think in the end Six win. I do agree Deathstroke could win as well if he plays it right. However I just find myself siding with the Six.

#38 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Is this the Mysterio that was in Old Man Logan? If so then his illusions are more than enough to stop him, but to actually kill him would be quite difficult to do and luckily he has backup. Electro is not some guy that shoots lightning, he is a guy that shoots lightning and can become it as well. So he will be hard to hit or damage. Being near water is a great advantage that DS can use to his benefit though. Kraven is another opponent that is a tough cookie. Slade is just better and in my opinion by a lot, but in this fight he would serve as a claymore to Slade (COD reference)

Sandman, nothing anyone has can beat him (anyone in this set-up) Slade can slow him down if he is the water-down version, meaning that if sandman doesn't just sand-paper him to death a la sand tornado. and then there is Ock. he sucks, but on scan he has stalemated and beaten spiderman, so again he serves as a claymore, or no a bouncing betty is more like it.

All in all if Slade can dodge them long enough to find Mysterio, he can win. If not Mysterio will be able to render him incapable of being 100% as his illusions stimulate all 5 senses and its the only reason why Spiderman wins since he has a 6th sense. (refer to Old Man Logan)

6/10 SS win.

#39 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Sandman, nothing anyone has can beat him (anyone in this set-up) Slade can slow him down if he is the water-down version, meaning that if sandman doesn't just sand-paper him to death a la sand tornado.

Remember, though, in the set-up Slade has incindiary grenades that can turn Sandman into glass, and he's stealthy enough to detonate them near Flint before he's seen.

#40 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
B
B
A Maybe do a little more breakdown of paragraphs to make it easier to read. leroypowell3
A
B Good continuation of the arc. It might be a bit predictable for Slade to go after Spider-Man later, though.
SCORE
Deathstroke: 19
Sinister Six: 15
FPA: 3.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users