Photo
- - - - -

Vs. #3: Armory Wars - Batman vs. Iron Man vs. Reed Richards

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Armory Wars (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who has the best Weapons Armory?

1. Batman (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Reed Richards (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Tony Stark (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

What point? That Doom isn't familiar with Batman's tech? That won't be a big enough factor to make a difference. If I had to choose between a well-known Nuke, or an unfamiliar pistol, I would choose the pistol.

Am I the only one that picked up on this?

Also, Force, you say it's not fun to debate with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about and that is true. It's also no fun debating with a condescending asshole. So, you reap what you sow, I guess.

#42 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Their satellite Brother Eye gave him incredible powers and transformed him into the One-Man Army

But I digress, the point was to choose a armory here. I still go with Batman due to Brother Eye due to the fact that it could assimilate the Doom bots and Doom's tech further progressing itself. It then basically turns Doom's army into its own.

Yes, it DID give him incredible powers, USING THE OMAC VIRUS. If I say some killed another person, that says nothing about the methods used to kill that person.

Can you prove that Brother Eye can assimilate Doom Bots? Especially since half the crap Doom makes is far more advanced than Brother Eye?

#43 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yes, it DID give him incredible powers, USING THE OMAC VIRUS. If I say some killed another person, that says nothing about the methods used to kill that person.

Can you prove that Brother Eye can assimilate Doom Bots? Especially since half the crap Doom makes is far more advanced than Brother Eye?

That Doom isn't familiar with Batman's tech? That won't be a big enough factor to make a difference.

The fact that it can assimilate any tech. This is where Doom not knowing Wayne's tech is key. The highlighted phrase is the key you stated earlier that could be the direct downfall of Doom.

#44 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

The fact that it can assimilate any tech. This is where Doom not knowing Wayne's tech is key. The highlighted phrase is the key you stated earlier that could be the direct downfall of Doom.

What fact? Show me any proof at all that shows that Brother Eye can take over Doom's tech. Especially since the AI running some of the Doombots are just as complex as it is. Umm, no, it won't. It'll make some difference, but Batman's armory on the whole is still much too weak compared to Stark's.

#45 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

What fact? Show me any proof at all that shows that Brother Eye can take over Doom's tech. Especially since the AI running some of the Doombots are just as complex as it is. Umm, no, it won't. It'll make some difference, but Batman's armory on the whole is still much too weak compared to Stark's.

Because it was able to assimilate any tech in the DCU. Therefore it would have ability to do the same in the Marvel U. While yes Doom and his tech could resist, it still would have the chance. The Brother Eye tech is advanced enough to outhink some of the greatest minds in DC and they had Batman's schematics on Brother Eye. Doom knows nothing of it or its specs. This would provide enough trouble for Doom on a broad scale that would allow the more stealth weapons and tech to be used to infiltrate Latveria and secure a win.

#46 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Because it was able to assimilate any tech in the DCU. Therefore it would have ability to do the same in the Marvel U. While yes Doom and his tech could resist, it still would have the chance. The Brother Eye tech is advanced enough to outhink some of the greatest minds in DC and they had Batman's schematics on Brother Eye. Doom knows nothing of it or its specs. This would provide enough trouble for Doom on a broad scale that would allow the more stealth weapons and tech to be used to infiltrate Latveria and secure a win.

Then show me examples of it assimilating and taking over DC tech. Brother Eye was outsmarting people when it was sentient, and intelligent. The version Batman has is not sentient, it was Alexander Luthor that made Brother Eye sentient. Therefore, all it is, all it was designed for, is a surveillance system. Which is jack shit to Doom.

#47 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Then show me examples of it assimilating and taking over DC tech. Brother Eye was outsmarting people when it was sentient, and intelligent. The version Batman has is not sentient, it was Alexander Luthor that made Brother Eye sentient. Therefore, all it is, all it was designed for, is a surveillance system. Which is jack shit to Doom.

It was sentient but under Batman's command. Alexander Luthor only made it realize that it could be so much more if it refused its creator and followed its own objectives.

Announcing that "the Great Disaster has come to me," the Eye directs Karate Kid to Blüdhaven. Soon after, it reactivates its offensive protocols and assimilates the hangar it is being held in, turning the people within the hangar into new OMAC cyborgs, and itself travels to the ruins of Blüdhaven and assimilates its infrastructure and the people within it, using the Atomic Knights and Firestorm as power sources

You seem to be going in circles and are now back to saying it is only a surveillance system. Who are you trying to convince? Me or You?

#48 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

It was sentient but under Batman's command. Alexander Luthor only made it realize that it could be so much more if it refused its creator and followed its own objectives.

Announcing that "the Great Disaster has come to me," the Eye directs Karate Kid to Blüdhaven. Soon after, it reactivates its offensive protocols and assimilates the hangar it is being held in, turning the people within the hangar into new OMAC cyborgs, and itself travels to the ruins of Blüdhaven and assimilates its infrastructure and the people within it, using the Atomic Knights and Firestorm as power sources

You seem to be going in circles and are now back to saying it is only a surveillance system. Who are you trying to convince? Me or You?

"It was then revealed that Brother Eye was wrested away from Batman by Alexander Luthor, Jr. and became an important part of Alex Luthor's plan to bring back the Multiverse. Luthor granted the satellite sentience, allowing it to evolve into a brain capable of directing the energies of the dimensional "tuning fork"."

Lol, taking over passive infrastructure like a freaking hangar, and a primitive city, means jack shit to Doom. Brother Eye couldn't even assimilate a single Doombot, forget someone who easily has the technological and magical prowess to absolutely destroy the Brother Eye satellite, pr take IT over.

I never said Batman's version was anything but a simple surveillance system, that's all it was designed to do. It never did anything else until it gained sentience. Unfortunately, Batman's version is not sentient.

#49 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

"It was then revealed that Brother Eye was wrested away from Batman by Alexander Luthor, Jr. and became an important part of Alex Luthor's plan to bring back the Multiverse. Luthor granted the satellite sentience, allowing it to evolve into a brain capable of directing the energies of the dimensional "tuning fork"."

Lol, taking over passive infrastructure like a freaking hangar, and a primitive city, means jack shit to Doom. Brother Eye couldn't even assimilate a single Doombot, forget someone who easily has the technological and magical prowess to absolutely destroy the Brother Eye satellite, pr take IT over.

I never said Batman's version was anything but a simple surveillance system, that's all it was designed to do. It never did anything else until it gained sentience. Unfortunately, Batman's version is not sentient.

then evidently you have not read the new 52 version of it that he developed with cadmus.

#50 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

then evidently you have not read the new 52 version of it that he developed with cadmus.

If we're talking New 52, then Batman doesn't get Brother Eye at all, because he didn't develop it by himself. That's like giving Iron Man Ragnarok, just because he was involved to "some extent". Anyways, as far as AI goes, Stark has much more impressive AI than Brother Eye.

#51 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

ok well since you seem to ignore the entire argument we will agree to disagree. Im tired of dragging you in circles for the last few days.

Batman developed it on both accounts and its abilities are the same on both accounts. It being sentient or not does not matter since it would be in control of the government anyways. It can assimilate tech and that has been shown. It can simply take control of other tech and that has been shown.

#52 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Tough one.

Batman: focuses on stealth more than straight combat, which could be a disadvantage. On the other hand the Shroud was very effective at getting through Doom's defenses in Super Villain Team-Up way back when. He was a magic based character rather than a tech-based, but he was also very much a Bat-clone back them. Doom's never faced Batman before but, by the same token, Batman's never had to take on Doom. I don't know which way this advantage skews.

Mr. Fantastic is by far the most familiar with Doom and is most likely to have weapons designed specifically for Doom's defenses. The problem is that Reed really isn't focused on building weapons. He doesn't have an armory so much as an attic full of eclectic inventions. On the other hand... Reed has a functioning time machine, which I think outranks any other weapon mentioned here in military value.

Tony Stark is (used to be) in the weapons-making business. When it comes to sheer volume of high-quality weapons, I'm sure he outdoes the others easily. My first thought was to go with him. On reflection, a direct strike on Doom is asking for a world war and the whole point of this exercise is to avoid that.

I'm gonna go with Reed. Set the Wayback Machine to Doom's college days and put a bullet in him while he's in a hospital bed recovering from his accident. (What? You thought I was going to kill him off as a little kid?)

#53 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

ok well since you seem to ignore the entire argument we will agree to disagree. Im tired of dragging you in circles for the last few days.

Batman developed it on both accounts and its abilities are the same on both accounts. It being sentient or not does not matter since it would be in control of the government anyways. It can assimilate tech and that has been shown. It can simply take control of other tech and that has been shown.

He developed it Pre-New 52, he simply oversaw its creation in the New 52, it's not his, so it's not in his armory, it belongs to Project Cadmus, plain and simple. Being Sentient matters a f*ckton. What you're saying right now is that a dog can do the same things intellectually, that a human can. Not the most retarded thing you've said though, which is pretty sad. Taking control of building and passive infrastructure =/= taking control of Doom's armory. Plus, it did all of that while it was sentient. Like I've already said before, Batman's Brother Eye is only capable of sitting in outer space, and gathering data. Until Dooms shoots it down.

#54 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Tough one.

Batman: focuses on stealth more than straight combat, which could be a disadvantage. On the other hand the Shroud was very effective at getting through Doom's defenses in Super Villain Team-Up way back when. He was a magic based character rather than a tech-based, but he was also very much a Bat-clone back them. Doom's never faced Batman before but, by the same token, Batman's never had to take on Doom. I don't know which way this advantage skews.

Mr. Fantastic is by far the most familiar with Doom and is most likely to have weapons designed specifically for Doom's defenses. The problem is that Reed really isn't focused on building weapons. He doesn't have an armory so much as an attic full of eclectic inventions. On the other hand... Reed has a functioning time machine, which I think outranks any other weapon mentioned here in military value.

Tony Stark is (used to be) in the weapons-making business. When it comes to sheer volume of high-quality weapons, I'm sure he outdoes the others easily. My first thought was to go with him. On reflection, a direct strike on Doom is asking for a world war and the whole point of this exercise is to avoid that.

I'm gonna go with Reed. Set the Wayback Machine to Doom's college days and put a bullet in him while he's in a hospital bed recovering from his accident. (What? You thought I was going to kill him off as a little kid?)

Tony Stark has a time machine also. Plus, if the government was to take Reed's time machine, it still wouldn't be able to use it. All of Tony's weapons, save for his armors, are readily usable. Also, just because Shroud's a "Bat-Clone" doesn't mean Batman can do what he does, lol. Shroud actually has powers, access to the Darkforce Dimension. Batman doesn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users