Photo
- - - - -

Vs. #3: Armory Wars - Batman vs. Iron Man vs. Reed Richards

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Armory Wars (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who has the best Weapons Armory?

1. Batman (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Reed Richards (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Tony Stark (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Welcome to a topic that was really hard to name. In these topics, I will routinely post a question. After the question is posted, you guys will debate it. Easy. The questions will mostly be comparing two or more non-sentient items or places that normally wouldn't make for good CBUB matches.

Ex:
Which weapon slashes and pierces through the hardest objects: Adamantium or a Lightsaber?
Whose body is more durable: Hulk or Superman's?
Can a lightsaber block Darkseid's Omega Beams?

These are all questions that were brought up in a Rumbles Page fight. My hope is that you guys will post some really good references and images that back up your thoughts and not just spew crap that you think. My goal is that these will be used as definitive back up in arguments on the CBUB. these topics will go on indefinitely as a poll will be created to keep track of people's thoughts.

So first question: Batman, Reed Richards and Iron Man's full armories have just become property of the U.S. government. You have only one to choose before America goes to war against Latveria or assassinate Dr. Doom. Which is the best for this mission?

The armories have every weapon that the pair has acquired past or present in Canon fiction. Basically, it's the weapons without the heroes (No Ultimate Nullifier level weapons).

#2 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Batman isn't even a factor in this fight save for the Insider Armor, which there's only one of. So between Richards and Stark, I would choose the weapons made by the weapons designer.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

It could be argued that Batman's armory could be used in a more stealth attack on Doom's fortress; a special forces, small team attack. Remember there is a mission (Please do not do your condescending thing, I am merely asking questions for debate. I'm not in the mood today).

#4 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Or you can use Iron Man's stealth suits and get the job done faster.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

This one. Good suit. Could Doom detect it? Who would have a better chance at a stealth attack on Doom? A small team of guys in Bat tech or one guy in the Stealth Iron Man suit? Another good question.

#6 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Actually, nearly all Iron Man suits after that one have stealth tech, including the ability to turn invisible, that's old tech. And to answer your question, the one guy in the iron man suit. A normal Batsuit is pathetically low-tech, the Iron Man suit is literally better in every way.

#7 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Actually, in this specific scenario, I would probably go with Batman.

Both Richards and Stark have more advanced tech., but that's a moot point for the purpose of this scenario. The 'objective' is to kill Dr. Doom, either by assassination, or through all-out war on Latveria.

Now, Doom has experience with both Richards' and Stark's tech., he has been up against both of them on several occasions, and knows(or at least has plans for) how to deal with it.

On the other hand, he has never encountered Batman's tech. before.

And considering that Batman has access to both Apokoliptian, Kryptonian, Martian tech, and tech from the future, on top of top of the line tech. from Earth(dc), including things like Brother Eye(that created the OMACs), giant robots that essentially has the powers of the core JLA members(one robot per jla member), the Insider Suit, etc.

As well as various forms of tech. he has confiscated from villains.

Batman's armory(within the rules of the OP) is pretty extensive.

#8 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

The complete Stark armory still has more raw destructive power, and it's just plain better in almost every way and situation. Batman doesn't have the Brother Eye anymore, and I don't think the Eye can make OMACs, all the Eye is is a surveillance system. Also, the Insider Suit isn't all that impressive. Also, I don't know what robots you're talking about.

#9 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I don't know

I will remember this moment forever.

#10 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

The armories have every weapon that the pair has acquired past or present in Canon fiction.

Batman doesn't have the Brother Eye anymore

#11 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

:lol:

#12 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

-snip-

"The complete Stark armory still has more raw destructive power, and it's just plain better in almost every way and situation."

This is true. And if you actually read my post, I even said that much at the very start of my post. "Both Richards and Stark have more advanced tech."

That is also, completely ignoring the point I was making(a point, btw, that you've done absolutely nothing to counter).

"Batman doesn't have the Brother Eye anymore,"

Again, reading.

The armories have every weapon that the pair has acquired past or present in Canon fiction.

"and I don't think the Eye can make OMACs, all the Eye is is a surveillance system."

1. The Eye is "a semi-autonomous artificial intelligence surveillance system."

2. Look up Buddy Blank. The human that Brother Eye transformed into OMAC.

"Also, the Insider Suit isn't all that impressive."

In and of itself, it's only moderately impressive(no matter how you swing it, accessing the Speed Force, and utilizing energy from the Emotional Electro-Magnetic Spectrum, through pure, earth-based technology, is impressive). The most impressive part about the Insider Suit, lies in its potential. With the energy source in the suit, it can only utilize each 'mode' for a very limited amount of time. But if you put someone with just a smidgen of common sense in charge of it. It would only take a more powerful energy source/reactor, to make it much more useful(and powerful). Instead of being able to use the Speed Force(for example) for 10-30 seconds(I can't remember the exact number), then a several minute recharge period. One could use the Speed Force for several minutes, or even hours, depending on the power of the energy source.

The OP says that the U.S. Government gets a hold of the armory. That doesn't mean that they can't modify it.

"I don't know what robots you're talking about."

Batman created(and I quote) "Giant Mechs out of construction equipment that mimicked the strengths of the JLAers. Also a Robot JLA that actually had the powers of the JLA".

#13 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Actually, in this specific scenario, I would probably go with Batman.

Both Richards and Stark have more advanced tech., but that's a moot point for the purpose of this scenario. The 'objective' is to kill Dr. Doom, either by assassination, or through all-out war on Latveria.

Now, Doom has experience with both Richards' and Stark's tech., he has been up against both of them on several occasions, and knows(or at least has plans for) how to deal with it.

On the other hand, he has never encountered Batman's tech. before.

And considering that Batman has access to both Apokoliptian, Kryptonian, Martian tech, and tech from the future, on top of top of the line tech. from Earth(dc), including things like Brother Eye(that created the OMACs), giant robots that essentially has the powers of the core JLA members(one robot per jla member), the Insider Suit, etc.

As well as various forms of tech. he has confiscated from villains.

Batman's armory(within the rules of the OP) is pretty extensive.

This ^^^

The highlighted would be the biggest advantage of all.

#14 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Iron Man's current suit is really overpowered. If the goverment had some of those suits, I'm pretty sure they could kill Doom easily. Of course I don't know much about the batsuits.

#15 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

"The complete Stark armory still has more raw destructive power, and it's just plain better in almost every way and situation."

This is true. And if you actually read my post, I even said that much at the very start of my post. "Both Richards and Stark have more advanced tech."

That is also, completely ignoring the point I was making(a point, btw, that you've done absolutely nothing to counter).

"Batman doesn't have the Brother Eye anymore,"

Again, reading.

"and I don't think the Eye can make OMACs, all the Eye is is a surveillance system."

1. The Eye is "a semi-autonomous artificial intelligence surveillance system."

2. Look up Buddy Blank. The human that Brother Eye transformed into OMAC.

"Also, the Insider Suit isn't all that impressive."

In and of itself, it's only moderately impressive(no matter how you swing it, accessing the Speed Force, and utilizing energy from the Emotional Electro-Magnetic Spectrum, through pure, earth-based technology, is impressive). The most impressive part about the Insider Suit, lies in its potential. With the energy source in the suit, it can only utilize each 'mode' for a very limited amount of time. But if you put someone with just a smidgen of common sense in charge of it. It would only take a more powerful energy source/reactor, to make it much more useful(and powerful). Instead of being able to use the Speed Force(for example) for 10-30 seconds(I can't remember the exact number), then a several minute recharge period. One could use the Speed Force for several minutes, or even hours, depending on the power of the energy source.

The OP says that the U.S. Government gets a hold of the armory. That doesn't mean that they can't modify it.

"I don't know what robots you're talking about."

Batman created(and I quote) "Giant Mechs out of construction equipment that mimicked the strengths of the JLAers. Also a Robot JLA that actually had the powers of the JLA".

What point? That Doom isn't familiar with Batman's tech? That won't be a big enough factor to make a difference. If I had to choose between a well-known Nuke, or an unfamiliar pistol, I would choose the pistol. And besides, Doom is "familiar" with Stark's tech on a surface level in most cases, most notably Stark's armor. He doesn't have in-depth schematics or specs (although he's tried many times to get them before), things that would really make a difference in the knowledge department.

My fault.

Non-canon. That was Pre-Crisis. New Earth Brother Eye is only a surveillance system.

We don't know the extents of its speed, just because it has access to the Speed Force doesn't mean he's as fast as Barry Allen or Wally West, or anywhere near them, it's heat vision is obviously nowhere close to as powerful as Superman's. And I doubt the US Government can develop a better power source than Batman. Also, if you take into account the Government and what it can do, you've just put a lot more unknown variables into this equation.

Which just made me think of a vulnerability to Stark's armory that I hadn't thought of before. The suits require immense skill and intelligence, not to mention technical expertise, to wear and use effectively, especially the later models. Not even the suits, as we saw in Director of SHIELD. Which Government is this? Are we to assume they have the necessary people needed to take full advantage of Stark's armory?

That's it? How many mechs? What do they mean by "mimicking", to what extent? Is it like the Insider Suit as far as capability level or what?

#16 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

What point? That Doom isn't familiar with Batman's tech? That won't be a big enough factor to make a difference. If I had to choose between a well-known Nuke, or an unfamiliar pistol, I would choose the pistol. And besides, Doom is "familiar" with Stark's tech on a surface level in most cases, most notably Stark's armor. He doesn't have in-depth schematics or specs (although he's tried many times to get them before), things that would really make a difference in the knowledge department.

My fault.

Non-canon. That was Pre-Crisis. New Earth Brother Eye is only a surveillance system.

Actually its canon just not current. Treach specifically said tech from past and present.

#17 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Actually its canon just not current. Treach specifically said tech from past and present.

So I guess Pre-Crisis Superman is canon to New Earth Supes then. Guess what guys? According to Legacy's infallible logic, Superman is about to win a lot more fights around here!

#18 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

So I guess Pre-Crisis Superman is canon to New Earth Supes then. Guess what guys? According to Legacy's infallible logic, Superman is about to win a lot more fights around here!

problem is Brother eye isnt Pre Crisis. Its Pre Infinite Crisis. Nice try though.

#19 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

problem is Brother eye isnt Pre Crisis. Its Pre Infinite Crisis. Nice try though.

No, it's set prior to Crisis on Infinite Earths, which determines "Pre-Crisis" and "Post-Crisis". How about you do some basic research on some things and get back to me, it's no fun debating someone who clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

#20 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

No, it's set prior to Crisis on Infinite Earths, which determines "Pre-Crisis" and "Post-Crisis". How about you do some basic research on some things and get back to me, it's no fun debating someone who clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Brother eye was created after Crisis on Infinite Earths and before Infinite Crisis. Learn before you speak. Seems to be a pattern. Do you really want to dispute that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users