• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Batman (Nolanverse)

Posted Image

- Peak Human Strength

-Peak Human Stamina and Speed

- Master in Tiger, Panther, Jiujutsu and Ninjutsu

- Is wearing Armored Bat-Suit

- Is equipped with Utility Belt

- Is equipped with Batarangs, Grappling Gun, Forearm Blades, Timed Explosive Launcher

- Does not have experience with Yautja, No Prep Time

Predator

Posted Image

- Blooded in Rank

- Class 4 in Strength

- Adept in Jehdin Martial Arts

- Is wearing Medium Grade Dlex Armor

- Is armed with Medium Grade Dlex Wristblades, Medium Grade Dlex Combi-staff, Smart Disc, Dart Gun

- Moderate experience with Humans, no Prep-Time

Environment

Underground Sewer Tunnels

Posted Image

#2 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Predator. With no prep time and no knowledge of the predators, Batman won't be looking for something that's invisible. Not to mention that his peripheral vision can't be great with the mask.

Comics batman would stand a chance, but Nolan's batman is constrained by realism.

#3 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Predator. With no prep time and no knowledge of the predators, Batman won't be looking for something that's invisible. Not to mention that his peripheral vision can't be great with the mask.

Fair enough. Of course, I don't think that the peripheral vision would be a problem, seeing as the inability to turn his head was fixed with the suit from Dark Knight Rises.

Comics batman would stand a chance, but Nolan's batman is constrained by realism.

Well, the crossovers of Batman vs Predator are not canon. So they don't hold any water as far as debates go unless the debate in question allows them to be in use. But in a straight up fight, Batman had been bludgeoned by a Yautja. And that was the first meeting of their fight against a Blooded, and in the second comic, he almost got done in by a Young Bad Blood.

-Rakai'Thwei

#4 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

as much as I like Bats, he loses to a Pred with no prep and extensive knowledge of them.

#5 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

They should have equal knowledge of each other. The Yautja having experience with humans is a pretty big edge, seeing as the Nolanverse Batman is far more human than the comic book version. Other than that, the Yautja would win anyway, as this Batman has nothing in this fight to even it out.

And Batman could turn his head for the first time in The Dark Knight, not Rises.

#6 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

as much as I like Bats, he loses to a Pred with no prep and extensive knowledge of them.

Mm'kay.

And bear in mind, this is a low ranking Predator in this fight, so I tried to keep things relatively even without the more powerful weapons like the plasma caster. Think of the Yautja in this fight relatively close to or equal to Diablo Predator from the first Predator movie.

They should have equal knowledge of each other. The Yautja having experience with humans is a pretty big edge, seeing as the Nolanverse Batman is far more human than the comic book version. Other than that, the Yautja would win anyway, as this Batman has nothing in this fight to even it out.

I don't think that the United States Governement would be willing to allow a vigilante like Batman confidential files on extraterrestrials. Or anyone else for that matter, that's just common sense. Also, I am kind of treating this similarly to how the first Batman vs Predator, but if you want a story then you'll be disappointed to know that I haven't come up with one. The closest would be to that of this:

Also, I gave Batman the timed explosive launcher. I had to Wiki a bit on the Nolanverse Batman.

-Rakai'Thwei

#7 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Mm'kay.

And bear in mind, this is a low ranking Predator in this fight, so I tried to keep things relatively even without the more powerful weapons like the plasma caster. Think of the Yautja in this fight relatively close to or equal to Diablo Predator from the first Predator movie.

-Rakai'Thwei

Batman doesnt use guns and he refuses to kill. He doesnt really have anything that can put the Pred down. His martial arts wont help him in a straight up fight. Also a simple knife was able to pierce his armor so the dlex blades could cut straight through,

#8 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Batman doesnt use guns and he refuses to kill. He doesnt really have anything that can put the Pred down. His martial arts wont help him in a straight up fight. Also a simple knife was able to pierce his armor so the dlex blades could cut straight through,

It's been a while since I've seen the Nolanverse Batman movies, and I haven't seen Rises yet.

I would've thought that the Timed Explosive Launcher would've provided some leveling here and there. Was I wrong in assuming that would've perhaps helped out a bit?

-Rakai'Thwei

#9 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

It doesn't matter what the Government would do, this fight is just a Rumble, it doesn't need a story, and regardless, Batmans lack of knowledge on Yautja unbalances the fight. And there are several other reasons, stated above, that unbalance this.

#10 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

It's been a while since I've seen the Nolanverse Batman movies, and I haven't seen Rises yet.

I would've thought that the Timed Explosive Launcher would've provided some leveling here and there. Was I wrong in assuming that would've perhaps helped out a bit?

-Rakai'Thwei

It could possibly help but with him not wanting to kill, he may not use it until its too late. He also doesnt carry it around all the time due to its size. In the newest movie he has an EMP gun also but again its too big to always carry with him.

#11 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

It could possibly help but with him not wanting to kill, he may not use it until its too late. He also doesnt carry it around all the time due to its size. In the newest movie he has an EMP gun also but again its too big to always carry with him.

Keep in mind that the fight is happening in sewer. So logically, there would be perhaps some gas pipes which more or less could be used by either side to deal explosive damage-- though considering the closed in proximity of the sewer tunnels, it'd be a gambit for either side to wanting to make.

Concerning Batman's No-Kill policy, I would think that might just apply to only human beings.

-Rakai'Thwei

#12 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Keep in mind that the fight is happening in sewer. So logically, there would be perhaps some gas pipes which more or less could be used by either side to deal explosive damage-- though considering the closed in proximity of the sewer tunnels, it'd be a gambit for either side to wanting to make.

Concerning Batman's No-Kill policy, I would think that might just apply to only human beings.

-Rakai'Thwei

that may be so but I just dont feel this Batman has the physical aspects to win here. His training and skills become almost void here. His stikes wont do a whole lot and his knowledge of the human anatomy could get him in some trouble if he gets to close and tries a nerve strike and gets stunned when it doesnt work.

#13 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

that may be so but I just dont feel this Batman has the physical aspects to win here. His training and skills become almost void here. His stikes wont do a whole lot and his knowledge of the human anatomy could get him in some trouble if he gets to close and tries a nerve strike and gets stunned when it doesnt work.

Posted Image

Hmmm.. And here I was thinking that a low ranking Yautja would've at least been a bit more fair than putting Nolan's Batman up against a Veteran or an Elder. To me, putting Batman up against someone like say Wolf, Scarface or even Dachande would've been a stomp. So I just assumed that a lower ranking, lesser skilled and modestly experienced Hunter, perhaps roughly to Diablo's level of skill and experience would've perhaps been a bit more fairer. Seems I was wrong.

-Rakai'Thwei

#14 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Sod it. Go all-out and do a comic-book-Batman-with-prep-time vs Broken-Tusk-with-loadsa-weaps fight.

#15 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Sod it. Go all-out and do a comic-book-Batman-with-prep-time vs Broken-Tusk-with-loadsa-weaps fight.

I've actually considered that, but both would've had prep time.

-Rakai'Thwei

#16 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, course, give 'em both everything they got.

#17 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, course, give 'em both everything they got.

It's in consideration. However I can't promise I will do it, call it lack of motivation.

Besides... one fight a night.

-Rakai'Thwei

#18 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Well, it's not the most important fight in the world, so that's ok.

#19 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

The first rule of fight club, we don't talk about fight club.

#20 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think people are forgetting Batman's league of shadows training. Batman by the end of Batman Begins knows to be aware of his surroundings. Batman will know something is there and that his opponent could strike from anywhere. Predator will get the jump on Batman but he won't kill him in the first strike nor end this fight quickly. Nolan's Batman is fast and skilled enough to keep up with the Predator in battle. Batman let Ra's Al Ghul die, shot the driver of Talia's truck knowing full well it would get her killed, even though Catwoman killed he didn't say much to her about it, Hell he didn't say anything when she killed Bane, and more. Batman's suit by the time of Dark Knight Rises had multiple upgrades. The fight could go either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users