batmanKing989

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:batman, videogames, tv, comics

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

STAR CITY 8:34 PM TODAY CLOCK TOWER

Green arrow climbs up the long flight of stairs as he thinks about the current time, he has fought Clock king once before in the past but now his enemy is opening a portal to the future. He stops when he hears the ticking of a bomb, underneath him, he quickly grabs the railing of a step above him flipping over it as the explosion burns his skin. He grunts when landing on the floor as a loud speaker booms through the room.

Clock king: Well well if it isn't Oliver Queen

STAR CITY 2:23 PM YESTERDAY FAT BURGER BAR

Oliver Queen walks in through the door as it chimes a bell. Oliver spots Digle in the back of the room and makes his way to him.

Oliver Queen: What've ya' got Digle?

Digle: Last night your old pal Clock king robbed a bank.

Oliver Queen: Same old I see.

Digle: But get this, it was already missing 4 days before the robbery.

Oliver Queen: Your saying he went into the future so I didn't know he was robbing the bank?

Digle: What else could it be? But here's the worst part, he can go in the future and learn your name.

STAR CITY 8:36 PM TODAY CLOCK TOWER

Green arrow kicks open the door and shoots an arrow into the control panel of a machine Clock king is typing on. Green arrow looks around the room taking in his surroundings, the room is cleaned out, just the machine and Clock king.

Clock king: That's ok, your too late.

A purple circle forms off the end of the machine.

Green arrow: Shut it down.

Green arrow shoots another arrow this time catching Clock king in the cape pinning him to the floor.

Green arrow: NOW!

Suddenly a black and red figure leaps from the portal onto the floor throwing bat shaped blades at Green arrow.

STAR CITY 4:00 PM YESTERDAY WAREHOUSE

Oliver does pullups on a bar as Digle types at a computer.

Oliver Queen: So how should I beat him this time.

Digle: This isn't a joke Oliver he could tell everyone your identity. Then you'd be put in jail and all your enemies will hurt your family.

Oliver Queen: Your wrong Digle that won't happen!

Oliver lets go of the bar and pulls the list his dad gave him from a box.

Oliver Queen: Besides were so close to marking everyone off the list.

Digle: Then what Oliver, you quit and leave every other problem to the city. Your the one who said this city has a disease so cure it.

Oliver pulls on his green hood.

Oliver Queen: I am.

STAR CITY 8:48 TODAY CLOCK TOWER

Green arrow ducks a punch also dodging the blades as they pass by.

Green arrow: Who are you?!

A jab catches Green arrow in the jaw as he rolls to his feet from the punch. Green arrow wipes the blood from his lip as the man responds.

Batman Beyond: I'm batman.

Another jab is thrown from batman but this time Green arrow moves aside pulling his bow up and shooting an arrow at batman who quickly throws a bat-a-rang at it slicing it in 2.

Green arrow: Ok, you wanna play hard ball.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Learn More About
Oliver Queen (Arrow)
Read more about Oliver Queen (Arrow) at Wikipedia
Official Site: The CW Links: Wikipedia Arrow Wikia Green Arrow Wikia

Batman Beyond
Read more about Batman Beyond at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Brothers Links: Wikipedia.org BatmanBeyond.com Batman Beyond The Tomorrow Knight

#3 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Im divided here. Terry isnt used to fighting enemies who can in fact hit the broad side of a barn but still the suit should give the physical advantage. Unless Olliver has some taser arrows. Seriously Terry must have been tasered twice an episode and still they never shock proofed the suit. I have only seen a few episodes of Arrow so I am hard pressed to compare h2h skills but I will say Terry for now until convinced otherwise. Oh and why are they fighting exactly is Terry just startled from being pulled through a time portal or what.

#4 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I think in a straight up fight, Oliver would take it but since Terry has his suit and toys he will most likely take this. Since this version of Oliver Queen is more grounded in reality, he doesn't really have all the trick arrows he does in the comics.

So I think the suit and tech will give Terry the better advantage.

#5 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Good to see you're still improving, batmanKing. This is interesting in that the point of view shifts from the battle with Clock King to a period shortly before and back. Still, watch a few grammar mistakes here and there.

As for the match, I haven't seen Arrow yet, but being a live action character, I get the feeling this version of Queen wouldn't have nearly as exotic an arsenal of arrows as his comics or cartoon counterparts would. For that reason, I see Terry winning this.

#6 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Great match and interesting concept, everyone felt in character.

As for the match I have to Say Terry uit and tech advantage

#7 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Terry McGinnis wins without much effort seeing as he has his suit, which will allow him to dodge, catch or even tank Oliver Queen's arrows, and if and when they get up close and personal, which is likely, considering Terry's speed, he could take down Oliver easily with his fists alone. Terry wouldn't really need his gadgets. If he didn't have the suit the fight would be much more even, and may go to Oliver, but only just.

#8 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

I've seen a few episodes of Arrow and this version of Ollie is a highly skilled martial artist as well as an archer. There are a few gimmick arrows but they tend to be pretty basic and sparsely used. In other words, Ollie is in the peak human category rather than in the superhuman category. He could win, but that would call on him to be a lot smarter and/or better prepared than Terry. The problem is that Terry is pretty smart himself. The GA from the comics has a major experience edge on Terry, but the TV Arrow is still inexperienced (he's a green Arrow, :D ).

The suit's tech gives Terry a decisive physical advantage in strength, speed, stealth, and perception, puls he's got coaching from Wayne if he gets in trouble. IMO, this is an easy win for the Bat.

#9 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Pretty much what has been said before.

The suit has such a wide range of various capabilities, that combined with Terrys own abilities, he'll completely flatten Ollie.

#10 a guy

a guy

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:heavy metal nerdy stuff Warhammer 40k

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Leaning towards Terry but in defence of Oliver...he's dodged a room full of armed thugs before (no bullets hit him)

#11 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Terry's Batman wins. He actually passed Bruce as Batman in many ways and I think that included fighting skills. Terry showed to also be just as smart. Terry outside of the suit could still beat do to way more experience, superior skills, and more. Terry as Batman defeated his future JLA twice and in one of those times he beat Superman. Terry with or without his suit easily takes this fight to be fair.

If this Arrow was more experienced he could beat Terry if Terry have the suit if he came up with arrows similar to the comic or Smallville versions. However the chances would still be highly in favor of Terry. The Batman Beyond universe still goes on today in the comics continuing from the show.

#12 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

baller, you keep claiming that several members of the Batman family have surpassed Bruce in fighting skills, and I've never seen any real evidence of this. Where on earth are you getting all this from?

#13 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

In the main DC comics Batman and several JLA members said Nightwing surpassed Bruce. In the comics Tim Drake surpassed Bruce in detective skills. Bruce has even said Tim is a better detective then him. That's what I have been saying.

In the DC Animated Universe Terry in his first training in that world did better then Bruce did in taking down Batman's villains in the training session. Plus I think Bruce did mention Terry being a better Batman or being just as good as he was. One of the two I know is true.

That's it.

#14 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Some of that could have been the opinions of the characters and/or writers, and therefore not necessarily be true. Also, Terry and Bruce have pretty different villains.

#15 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

In the main DC comics Batman and several JLA members said Nightwing surpassed Bruce. In the comics Tim Drake surpassed Bruce in detective skills. Bruce has even said Tim is a better detective then him. That's what I have been saying.

In the DC Animated Universe Terry in his first training in that world did better then Bruce did in taking down Batman's villains in the training session. Plus I think Bruce did mention Terry being a better Batman or being just as good as he was. One of the two I know is true.

That's it.

While Tim maybe a better Detective, Grayson maybe a more talented acrobat or team player, and Terry may be a better brawler; none surpass Batman in all aspects. The may excel in one area. Batman excelled in them all. He fought better than Terry without the suit. Was a better detective and fighter than Grayson and also a better team player and fighter than Tim.

#16 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

While Tim maybe a better Detective, Grayson maybe a more talented acrobat or team player, and Terry may be a better brawler; none surpass Batman in all aspects. The may excel in one area. Batman excelled in them all. He fought better than Terry without the suit. Was a better detective and fighter than Grayson and also a better team player and fighter than Tim.

Yeah, also, all of this ^

#17 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, also, all of this ^

its not to say that the others in the Bat family are not better at somethings than Bruce. Its just encompassing all the skills and intellect, none of them match up completely.

As far as the match is concerned, Terry would win.

#18 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, i know, i agree. Bruce Wayne is surpassed in some ways by his students, but not all, and not entirely, in some cases.

#19 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Not the opinion of writers if it's been constantly said for years by both Batman and others up until Post Flashpoint before the main New Earth universe was rebooted. Also in the DCAU Terry has defeated Hush, Joker, the Justice League twice by himself, Superman by himself, and others. In that universe Terry defeating his JLA by himself twice and Superman puts him on par with that Bruce Wayne when he was Batman.

I agree with you guys Bruce's students didn't pass him in all areas. However they each by themselves have been said to have passed Bruce Wayne in some form or another. Dick Grayson in fighting skills and Tim as a Detective.

#20 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Not the opinion of writers if it's been constantly said for years by both Batman and others up until Post Flashpoint before the main New Earth universe was rebooted. Also in the DCAU Terry has defeated Hush, Joker, the Justice League twice by himself, Superman by himself, and others. In that universe Terry defeating his JLA by himself twice and Superman puts him on par with that Bruce Wayne when he was Batman.

I agree with you guys Bruce's students didn't pass him in all areas. However they each by themselves have been said to have passed Bruce Wayne in some form or another. Dick Grayson in fighting skills and Tim as a Detective.

The difference with Terry though is he had a super powered suit and Bruce's help with almost everything to present day comics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users