Photo
- - - - -

VS #1: Lightsaber vs. Adamantium

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Lightsaber vs. Adamantium (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Can a Lightsaber cut through adamantium?

1. Standard Lightsaber (12 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Secondary Adamantium (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

I would just like to state that Adamantium is a metal. All metal has a melting point. Lightsabers are very hot. Hotter than anything man made in the Marvel U. The Adamantium was melted when applied to Logan's bones.

Hmmmm..???

#42 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Human Torch is a man. He can be hotter than a lightsaber. So much for no man made heat being as hot.

#43 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Human Torch is a man. He can be hotter than a lightsaber. So much for no man made heat being as hot.

normal man. People over the weapon X program heated adamantium to turn it to liquid. A lightsaber is hotter than anything made by man. Torch is not man made. He is cosmically made.

#44 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

And what is your proof its hotter than anything made by man?

#45 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

*pokes a hole into Legacy's argument*

Once the metal hardens, it can never be melted again. A fact that's consistent throughout the comics.

#46 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

*pokes a hole into Legacy's argument*

Once the metal hardens, it can never be melted again. A fact that's consistent throughout the comics.

supposedly. Problem is, it was hardened before it was melted. Words say one thing and actions prove another. (ex. million exploding suns, Infinity Gems, Omega beams cant be dodged, etc.) Also Secondary Adamantium isnt pure Adamantium and has flaws such as melting points from the other iron ores in it.

#47 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Posted Image

#48 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

supposedly. Problem is, it was hardened before it was melted.

No, it wasn't.

Adamantium is not a naturally occurring metal. They create it in liquid form, and once it hardens, it can never be melted again. As Jaeger said, this is a consistent fact in Marvel.

#49 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

No, it wasn't.

Adamantium is not a naturally occurring metal. They create it in liquid form, and once it hardens, it can never be melted again. As Jaeger said, this is a consistent fact in Marvel.

The only problem with that is that everything has a melting/evaporating point. With enough constant heat, the saber would burn through it. Secondary adamantium is impure. Therefore its not complete adamantium. Therefore it has other minerals in it. Those minerals if nothing else would begin to melt, in essence; cutting through the adamantium object

#50 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm of the opinion that a Lightsaber wouldn't be able to cut through Primary Adamantium.

Secondary, I'm very unsure but I'm not going to deny the possibility.

#51 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm of the opinion that a Lightsaber wouldn't be able to cut through Primary Adamantium.

Secondary, I'm very unsure but I'm not going to deny the possibility.

I agree. With the marvel u science. Its supposedly impossible (although it has no properties to keep it from melting like vibranium does) to melt. Just Secondary isnt pure adamantium and has other metals mixed in. This gives it weak point that can melt and allow the blade to move through the object, even if the adamantium metals in it dont break apart. The object itself would be cut due to the inconsistency in the ores.

#52 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

"The only problem with that is that everything has a melting/evaporating point."

Not true. As consistently shown in Marvel, Adamantium(primary at least) doesn't.

"With the marvel u science. Its supposedly impossible (although it has no properties to keep it from melting like vibranium does) to melt."

Adamantium is created by mixing chemical resins(the composition is a government secret), and once the resins have been mixed, Adamantium can be molded for 8 minutes.

After 8 minutes, even if the temperature stays the same, Adamantium can no longer be molded due to the extremely stable molecular structure of Adamantium.

Bottom line: it doesn't melt, it just get hotter and hotter(yes, i know, that's physically impossible, but Marvel has never heard of Math, Chemistry or Physics). Adamantium's own properties(the "extremely stable molecular structure") keeps it from melting.

"Just Secondary isnt pure adamantium and has other metals mixed in."

I assume you have proof of this?

All we know about Secondary Adamantium, is that it is less durable than Primary Adamantium, and that it is more cost effective to create and work with.

Note how there is nothing, in the known information about it, that mentions other metals being mixed into it.

#53 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

"The only problem with that is that everything has a melting/evaporating point."

Not true. As consistently shown in Marvel, Adamantium(primary at least) doesn't.

"With the marvel u science. Its supposedly impossible (although it has no properties to keep it from melting like vibranium does) to melt."

Adamantium is created by mixing chemical resins(the composition is a government secret), and once the resins have been mixed, Adamantium can be molded for 8 minutes.

After 8 minutes, even if the temperature stays the same, Adamantium can no longer be molded due to the extremely stable molecular structure of Adamantium.

Bottom line: it doesn't melt, it just get hotter and hotter(yes, i know, that's physically impossible, but Marvel has never heard of Math, Chemistry or Physics). Adamantium's own properties(the "extremely stable molecular structure") keeps it from melting.

"Just Secondary isnt pure adamantium and has other metals mixed in."

I assume you have proof of this?

All we know about Secondary Adamantium, is that it is less durable than Primary Adamantium, and that it is more cost effective to create and work with.

Note how there is nothing, in the known information about it, that mentions other metals being mixed into it.

The fact that makes it secondary is it would be impure. Pure adamantium has a "stable molecular structure". If it is secondary and weaker, that means it would not be pure adamantium. Anything that is not pure, has to be mixed with other materials.

again while it may not be plainly stated, if its not pure adamantium it has to be mixed with some sort of metal or solid material. Whatever the other solid material is, (most likely another strong metal ore) it would still not be as strong as the adamantium. What would allow it to be cut is the other metals in it. The adamantium may stay intact but the other materials would be cut through due to the heat. The adamantium may simply move aside as the other materials melt.

I say may and if because this is all speculation because without proof or more clear answers than "secret gov. composition" there is no definite answer to be had.

#54 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

The other metals are mixed in at an atomic level. A steel atom could be surrounded by adamantium atoms, so how is a lightsaber going to cut through that? Also, all of the instances secondary adamantium has been broken, it's taken a lot more energy than a lightsaber has ever been shown to put out.

#55 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

The other metals are mixed in at an atomic level. A steel atom could be surrounded by adamantium atoms, so how is a lightsaber going to cut through that? Also, all of the instances secondary adamantium has been broken, it's taken a lot more energy than a lightsaber has ever been shown to put out.

hmm... if so, exactly how much energy does a lightsaber put out? This doesnt have to be one strike with it. This can be a continuous cut.

Also the bold is a clear indication that its a possibility but also possible not to be. Like you say, "If you would learn how to read" I said "I say may and if because this is all speculation because without proof or more clear answers than "secret gov. composition" there is no definite answer to be had."

#56 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Actually, I have fairly solid proof that it is like that, because if Secondary Adamantium was structured like you said it would be, then it wouldn't be able to take half of the shit it's taken as far as heat resistance and the like.

#57 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Actually, I have fairly solid proof that it is like that, because if Secondary Adamantium was structured like you said it would be, then it wouldn't be able to take half of the shit it's taken as far as heat resistance and the like.

thats not proof. Its a theory.

#58 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

thats not proof. Its a theory.

How is that not proof? If secondary adamantium was structured the way you said it would be, it would have broken in instances it did not break it. Since it did not break in those instances, then is MUST not be structured that way. That isn't theory, that's basic logical reasoning.

#59 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

I don't say this often, but Force is right.

#60 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Except trying to find logical reasoning in comics is kind of illogical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users