Photo

The Perfect Team: the Winners 1

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Team Fowl vs. Team treacherous (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Team Fowl (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Team treacherous (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

Okay the first round winners have been chosen, but a Perfect Team must be found. So the next round starts now. Remember this is not a one on one fight, these are team battles. The teams meet face to face like below, but from there anything goes. Let's begin.

This is the official battle that started here - http://www.electricf...?showtopic=2781

Team Fowl vs. Team treacherous
1. Gandalf the Whitevs. Zatanna
2. Spawn vs. Gladiator (Kallark)
3. Deadpool vs. Jotaro Kujo (Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure)
4. Master Chief vs. Jesse Custer (The Preacher)
5. The Incredible Hulk vs. Iron Man (Destroyer armor)
6. Artemis Fowl II vs. Firestorm (Ronnie/Stein version)
7. Kratos the God-Killer vs. Jean Grey (Non-Phoenix)
The characters have no prior knowledge of each other.

Simple question: Who wins? Discuss, debate and help pick the perfect team. Choose wisely, because the best hero team will have to fight the winning super villain team.

Poll ends: Friday the 13th.

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Again, I have two extremely underrated characters here, so...

Jo Jo versus bullets (or the equivalent).
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Notice the speed of the punches.

You fight Jo Jo, you fight two people (one of them is around the strength level of Colossus and can freeze time...sucks to be you)

A little more on Jesse...

When his soul becomes merged with the angel-demon entity Genesis, its powers, that of which is greater than God's, are focused into what Jesse Custer refers to as "The Word of God." When he uses the Word, his eyes turn red and his voice sounds like "nails scraping against [your] soul." Although, no one can resist his commands, his victims must be able to understand them, meaning that those who do not speak English cannot be commanded by him. Jesse prefers to keep his Word in reserve, using it only when necessary. He is an incredibly able hand-to-hand combatant due to years of brutal training forced upon him by Jody, the same man who murdered Jesse's father in front of him when he was only 6 years old (as he mentions in The Alamo: "Being taught how to fight by the man who killed your daddy in front of you sure does tend to focus your concentration"). As a result, Jesse is able to defend himself against multiple attackers at once and even against the superhuman strength of the Vampire Cassidy. He uses the Word for all sorts of situations, from ordering a Ku Klux Klan member to 'shit himself' to calling in on a radio phone-in show and ordering the guests to tell America what is it they really want. One of his most impressive displays was at the home of his grandmother when he caused her enforcers to spontaneously combust simply by telling them to "burn."

Zatanna's only weakness is her confidence and stronger magic. She should have no reasons to feel low in the confidence area, however is Gandalf's magic stronger than Zatanna who is a member of DC's "Sentinels of Magic" and who mind wiped half the villains in DC during Identity Crisis? You decide.

Spawn vs. Gladiator...even match up.
Hulk vs. Iron Man (In his Thor busting armor)...even unless Hulk goes postal
Artemis Fowl...no chance
Kratos vs. Jean...Hope he can figure out how to stop her from crushing his larynx with her mind.

#3 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

A team battle eh? Hmmmmnnnn.........

First off, Artemis Fowl II wouldn't even be NEAR the battle field. He's a hacker/mastermind genius type and would most likely be directing the battle from a far location. I wouldn't put it past him to have some kind of device that could hack into the Iron Man armour. Especially with the kind of technology he has at his disposal. The distraction would at least take out a few of the weaker members of the opposite team. While Zartanna is dueling Gandalf, a repulsor blast comes out of nowhere and takes her out.

As for Jean Grey, she COULD use her power like that, but with her "heroic" mindset she wouldn't. Kratos on the other hand will have no such scruples.

Also Gladiator vs Spawn? I have a better idea, mid-fight under the direction of Fowl, he switches with the Hulk and uses magic(an item that his technology can't block) and takes out Stark for the fight. Then he goes after Firestorm and takes him out. It doesn't matter if he tries to turn him to lead or whatever, he automatically morphs and teleport's to suit himself. So Firestorms out.

As for this Preacher vs Master Chief, all MC has to do is order Cortana to filter out his voice from his helmet. And if thats not enough, Fowl brings another resource to the field. His personal hitman, Butler. While MC is distracting the Preacher, he can just snipe him from a safe distance...and out of hearing range.

I have no clue who JoJo is or what he can do, but even if he's powerful he'll still fall under the combined efforts of the rest. Like they say, it's all a team battle.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

Nice Fowl, Nice. I'll rebuttal later.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

I almost feel like I don't have to argue. Does Artemis Fowl's intelligence rival that of Iron Man...? Doubt it? Does his tech....? Doubt it? Jean wouldn't choke out someone...She would do all of this though:
Jean's telepathy allows her to read, influence, control, and communicate with the minds of others, project her mind into the astral plane, and generate telepathic force blasts that can stun or kill others. She can also telepathically take away or control people's natural bodily functions and senses, such as sight, hearing, smell, taste, or even mutant powers. A side effect of her telepathy is that she is gifted with an eidetic memory.

Her telekinetic strength and skill are both of an extremely high level, capable of grasping objects in Earth orbit and manipulating hundreds of components in mid-air in complex patterns. She uses her telekinesis to often lift herself and others giving her the ability of levitation and flight. She also uses her telekinesis to construct various objects out of telekinetic energy as well as powerful shields and energy blasts.

As far as Jo Jo goes, we're talking lightning speed with machine-like precision coupled with superhuman strength, durability, telescopic vision and the epic ability to freeze time. Not to mention Jotaro is ridiculously cunning. But, I'm just listing powers. I'm telling you....stomp. I could list a million scenarios.

#6 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

First, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Artemis Fowl II, here's an entry from wiki.

http://en.wikipedia....Artemis_Fowl_II

And here also is the prologue from the first book to give you a taste of what he's like. And this was when he was TWELVE. Enjoy.

How does one describe Artemis Fowl? Various psychiatrists have tried and failed. The main problem is Artemis’s own intelligence. He bamboozles every test thrown at him. He has puzzled the greatest medical minds. And sent many of them gibbering to their own hospitals.

There is no doubt that Artemis is a child prodigy. But why does someone of such brilliance dedicate himself to criminal activities?

This is a question that can be answered by only one person. And he delights in not talking.

Perhaps the best way to create an accurate picture of Artemis is to tell the by-now famous account of his first villainous adventure. I have put together this report from firsthand interviews with the victims, and as the tale unfolds, you will realize that this was not easy.

The story began several years ago at the dawn of the twenty-first century. Artemis Fowl had devised a plan to restore his family’s fortune. A plan that could topple civilizations and plunge the planet into a cross-species war.

He was twelve years old at the time.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ho Chi Minh City in the summer. Sweltering by anyone’s standards. Needless to say, Artemis Fowl would not have been willing to put up with such discomfort if something extremely important had not been at stake. Important to the plan.

Sun did not suit Artemis. He did not look well in it. Long hours indoors in front of a computer screen had bleached the glow from his skin. He was white as a vampire and almost as testy in the light of day. “I hope this isn’t another wild-goose chase, Butler,” he said, his voice soft and clipped. “Especially after Cairo.”

It was a gentle rebuke. They had traveled to Egypt on the word of Butler’s informant.

“No, sir. I’m certain this time. Nguyen is a good man.”

“Hmm,” droned Artemis, unconvinced.

Passersby would have been amazed to hear the large Eurasian man refer to the boy as sir. This was, after all, the third millennium. But this was no ordinary relationship, and these were no ordinary tourists.

They were sitting outside a curbside cafe on Dong Khai Street, watching the local teenagers circle the square on mopeds.

Nguyen was late, and the pathetic patch of shade provided by the umbrella was doing little to improve Artemis’s mood. But this was just his daily pessimism. Beneath the sulk was a spark of hope. Could this trip actually yield results? Would they find the Book? It was too much to hope for.

A waiter scurried to their table.

“More tea, sirs?” he asked, head bobbing furiously.

Artemis sighed. “Spare me the theatrics, and sit down.”

The waiter turned instinctively to Butler, who was after all, the adult.

“But, sir, I am the waiter.”

Artemis tapped the table for attention.

“You are wearing handmade loafers, a silk shirt, and three gold signet rings. Your English has a tinge of Oxford about it, and your nails have the soft sheen of the recently manicured. You are not a waiter. You are our contact Nguyen Xuan, and you have adopted this pathetic disguise to discreetly check for weaponry.”

Nguyen’s shoulders sagged. “It is true. Amazing.”

“Hardly. A ragged apron does not a waiter make.”

Nguyen sat, pouring some mint tea into a tiny china cup.

“Let me fill you in on the weapons status,” continued Artemis. “I am unarmed. But Butler here, my . . . ah . . . butler, has a Sig Sauer in his shoulder holster, two shrike- throwing knives in his boots, a derringer two-shot up his sleeve, garrotte wire in his watch, and three stun grenades concealed in various pockets. Anything else, Butler?”

“The cosh, sir.”

“Oh, yes. A good old ball bearing cosh stuffed down his shirt.”

Nguyen brought the cup trembling to his lips.

“Don’t be alarmed, Mister Xuan.” Artemis smiled. “The weapons will not be used on you.”

Nguyen didn’t seem reassured.

“No,” continued Artemis. “Butler could kill you a hundred different ways without the use of his weapons. Though I’m sure one would be quite sufficient.”

Nguyen was by now thoroughly spooked. Artemis generally had that effect on people. A pale adolescent speaking with the authority and vocabulary of a powerful adult. Nguyen had heard the name Fowl before - who hadn’t in the international underworld? - but he’d assumed he’d be dealing with Artemis senior, not this boy. Though the word “boy” hardly seemed to do this gaunt individual justice. And the giant, Butler. It was obvious that he could snap a man’s backbone like a twig with those mammoth hands. Nguyen was starting to think that no amount of money was worth another minute in this strange company.

“And now to business,” said Artemis, placing a micro recorder on the table. “You answered our Web advertisement.”

Nguyen nodded, suddenly praying that his information was accurate.

“Yes, Mister . . . Master Fowl. What you’re looking for . . . I know where it is.”

“Really? And am I supposed to take your word for this? You could be walking me straight into an ambush. My family is not without enemies.”

Butler snatched a mosquito out of the air beside his employer’s ear.

“No, no,” said Nguyen, reaching for his wallet. “Here, look.”

Artemis studied the Polaroid. He willed his heart to maintain a calm beat. It seemed promising, but anything could be faked these days with a PC and flatbed scanner. The picture showed a hand reaching from layered shadows. A mottled green hand.

“Hmm,” he murmured. “Explain.”

“This woman. She is a healer, near Tu Do Street. She works in exchange for rice wine. All the time, drunk.”

Artemis nodded. It made sense. The drinking. One of the few consistent facts his research had unearthed. He stood, pulling the creases from his white polo shirt.

“Very well. Lead on, Mister Xuan.”

Nguyen wiped the sweat from his stringy mustache.

“Information only. That was the agreement. I don’t want any curses on my head.”

Butler expertly gripped the informant behind the neck.

“I’m sorry, Mister Xuan, but the time when you had a choice in matters is long past.”

Butler steered the protesting Vietnamese man to the rented four-wheel drive, that was hardly necessary on the flat streets of Ho Chi Minh City, or Saigon as the locals still called it, but Artemis preferred to be as insulated from civilians as possible.

The Jeep inched forward at a painfully slow rate, made all the more excruciating by the anticipation building in Artemis’s chest. He could suppress it no longer. Could they at last be at the end of their quest? After six false alarms across three continents, could this wine-sodden healer be the gold at the end of the rainbow? Artemis almost chuckled. Gold at the end of the rainbow. He’d made a joke. Now there’s something that didn’t happen every day.

The mopeds parted like fish in a giant shoal. There seemed to be no end to the crowds. Even the alleyways were full to bursting with vendors and hagglers. Cooks dropped fish heads into woks of hissing oil, and urchins threaded their way underfoot searching for unguarded valuables. Others sat in the shade, wearing out their thumbs on Game Boys.

Nguyen was sweating right through his khaki top. It wasn’t the humidity, he was used to that. It was this whole cursed situation. He should’ve known better than to mix magic and crime. He made a silent promise that if he got out of this, he would change his ways. No more answering shady Internet requests, and certainly no more consorting with the sons of European crime lords.

The Jeep could go only so far. Eventually the side streets grew too narrow for the four-wheel drive. Artemis turned to Nguyen. “It seems we must proceed on foot, Mister Xuan. Run if you like, but expect a sharp and fatal pain between your shoulder blades.”

Nguyen glanced into Butler’s eyes. They were a deep blue, almost black. There was no mercy in those eyes. “Don’t worry,” he said. “I won’t run.”

They climbed down from the vehicle. A thousand suspicious eyes followed their progress along the steaming alley. An unfortunate pickpocket attempted to steal Butler’s wallet. The manservant broke the man’s fingers without looking down. They were given a wide berth after that.

The alley narrowed to a rutted lane. Sewage and drainpipes fed directly on to the muddy surface. Cripples and beggars huddled on rice-mat islands. Most of the residents of this lane had nothing to spare, with the exception of three.

“Well?” demanded Artemis. “Where is she?”

Nguyen jabbed a finger toward a black triangle beneath a rusted fire escape.

“There. Under there. She never comes out. Even to buy rice spirits she sends a runner. Now, can I go?”

Artemis didn’t bother answering. Instead he picked his way across the puddled lane to the lee of the fire escape. He could discern furtive movements in the shadows.

“Butler, could you hand me the goggles?”

Butler plucked a set of night-vision glasses from his belt and placed them in Artemis’s outstretched hand. The focus motor buzzed to suit the light.

Artemis fixed the glasses to his face. Everything became radioactive green. Taking a deep breath he turned his gaze to the squirming shadows. Something squatted on a raffia mat, shifting uneasily in the almost nonexistent light. Artemis fine-tuned the focus. The figure was small, abnormally so, and wrapped in a filthy shawl. Empty spirit jugs were half-buried in the mud around her. One forearm poked from the material. It seemed green. But then, so did everything else.

“Madam,” he said. “I have a proposition for you.”

The figure’s head wobbled sleepily.

“Wine,” she rasped, her voice like nails on a school board. “Wine, English.”

Artemis smiled. The gift of tongues, check. Aversion to light, check.

“Irish, actually. Now, about my proposition?”

The healer shook a bony finger craftily. “Wine first. Then talk.”

“Butler?”

The bodyguard reached into a pocket, and drew out a half pint of the finest Irish whiskey. Artemis took the bottle and held it teasingly beyond the shadows. He barely had time to remove his goggles when the claw-like hand darted from the gloom to snatch the whiskey. A mottled green hand. There was no doubt.

Artemis swallowed a triumphant grin.

“Pay our friend, Butler. In full. Remember, Mister Xuan, this is between us. You don’t want Butler to come back, do you?”

“No, no, Master Fowl. My lips are sealed.”

“They had better be. Or Butler will seal them permanently.”

Nguyen skipped off down the alley, so relieved to be alive that he didn’t even bother counting the sheaf of U.S. currency. Most unlike him. In any event, it was all there. All twenty thousand dollars. Not bad for half an hour’s work.

Artemis turned back to the healer.

“Now, madam, you have something that I want.”

The healer’s tongue caught a drop of alcohol at the corner of her mouth.

“Yes, Irish. Sore head. Bad tooth. I heal.”

Artemis replaced the night-vision goggles and squatted to her level.

“I am perfectly healthy, madam, apart from a slight dust-mite allergy, and I don’t think even you can do anything about that. No. What I want from you is your Book.”

The hag froze. Bright eyes glinted from beneath the shawl.

“Book?” she said cautiously. “I don’t know about no book. I am healer. You want book, go to library.”

Artemis sighed with exaggerated patience. “You are no healer. You are a sprite, p’shóg, fairy, ka-dalun. Whichever language you prefer to use. And I want your Book.”

For a long moment, the creature said nothing, then she threw back the shawl from her forehead. In the green glow of the night-vision goggles, her features leaped at Artemis like a Halloween mask. The fairy’s nose was long and hooked under two slitted golden eyes. Her ears were pointed, and the alcohol addiction had melted her skin like putty.

“If you know about the Book, human,” she said slowly, fighting the numbing effects of the whiskey, “then you know about the magic I have in my fist. I can kill you with a snap of my fingers!”

Artemis shrugged. “I think not. Look at you. You are near dead. The rice wine has dulled your senses. Reduced to healing warts. Pathetic. I am here to save you, in return for the Book.”

“What could a human want with our Book?”

“That is no concern of yours. All you need to know are your options.”

The sprite’s pointed ears quivered. “Options?”

“One, you refuse to give us the Book and we go home, leaving you to rot in this sewer.”

“Yes,” said the fairy. “I choose this option.”

“Ah no. Don’t be so eager. If we leave without the Book, you will be dead in a day.”

“A day! A day!” the healer laughed. “I will outlive you by a century. Even fairies tethered to the human realm can survive the ages.”

“Not with half a pint of holy water inside them,” said Artemis, tapping the now empty whiskey bottle.

The fairy blanched, then screamed, a high keening horrible sound.

“Holy water! You have murdered me, human.”

“True,” admitted Artemis. “It should start to burn any minute now.”

The fairy poked her stomach tentatively. “The second option?”

“Listening now, are we? Very well then. Option two. You give me the Book for thirty minutes only. Then I return your magic to you.”

The sprite’s jaw dropped. “Return my magic? Not possible.”

“Oh, but it is. I have in my possession two ampoules. One, a vial of spring water from the fairy well sixty meters below the ring of Tara - possibly the most magical place on Earth. This will counteract the holy water.”

“And the other?”

“The other is a little shot of man-made magic. A virus that feeds on alcohol, mixed with a growth agent. It will flush every drop of rice wine from your body, remove the dependence, and even bolster your failing liver. It’ll be messy, but after a day you’ll be zipping around as though you were a thousand years old again.”

The sprite licked her lips. To be able to rejoin the People? Tempting.

“How do I know to trust you, human? You have tricked me once already.”

“Good point. Here’s the deal. I give you the water on faith. Then, after I’ve had a look at the Book, you get the booster. Take it or leave it.”

The fairy considered. The pain was already curling around her abdomen. She thrust out her wrist. “I’ll take it.”

“I thought you might. Butler?”

The giant manservant unwrapped a soft Velcroed case containing a syringe gun and two vials. He loaded the clear one, shooting it into the sprite’s clammy arm. The fairy stiffened momentarily, and then relaxed.

“Strong magic,” she breathed.

“Yes. But not as strong as your own will be when I give you the second injection. Now, the Book.”

The sprite reached into the folds of her filthy robe, rummaging for an age. Artemis held his breath. This was it. Soon the Fowls would be great again. A new empire would rise, with Artemis Fowl the Second at its head.

The fairy woman withdrew a closed fist. “No use to you anyway. Written in the old tongue.”

Artemis nodded, not trusting himself to speak.

She opened her knobbly fingers. Lying in her palm was a tiny golden volume the size of a matchbox.

“Here, human. Thirty of your minutes. No more.”

Butler took the tiny tome reverentially. The body-guard activated a compact digital camera and began photographing each wafer-thin page of the Book. The process took several minutes. When he was finished, the entire volume was stored on the camera’s chip. Artemis preferred not to take chances with information. Airport security equipment had been known to wipe many a vital disk. So he instructed his aide to transfer the file to his portable phone, and from there e-mail it to Fowl Manor in Dublin. Before the thirty minutes were up, the file containing every symbol in the Fairy Book was sitting safely in the Fowl server.

Artemis returned the tiny volume to its owner. “Nice doing business with you.”

The sprite lurched to her knees. “The other potion, human?”

Artemis smiled. “Oh yes, the restoring booster. I suppose I did promise.”

“Yes. Human promised.”

“Very well. But before we administer it, I must warn you that purging is not pleasant. You’re not going to enjoy this one bit.”

The fairy gestured around her at the squalid filth. “You think I enjoy this? I want to fly again.”

Butler loaded the second vial, shooting this one straight into the carotid artery.

The sprite immediately collapsed on the mat, her entire frame quivering violently.

“Time to leave,” commented Artemis. “A hundred years of alcohol leaving a body by any means possible is not a pretty sight.”

The Butlers had been serving the Fowls for centuries. It had always been that way. Indeed, there were several eminent linguists of the opinion that this was how the common noun had originated. The first record of this unusual arrangement was when Virgil Butler had been contracted as servant, bodyguard, and cook to Lord Hugo de F—le for one of the first great Norman crusades.

At the age of ten, Butler children were sent to a private training center in Israel, where they were taught the specialized skills necessary to guard the latest in the Fowl line. These skills included Cordon Bleu cooking, marksmanship, a customized blend of martial arts, emergency medicine, and information technology. If, at the end of their training, there was not a Fowl to guard, then the Butlers were eagerly snapped up as bodyguards for various royal personages, generally in Monaco or Saudi Arabia.

Once a Fowl and a Butler were put together, they were paired for life. It was a demanding job, and lonely, but the rewards were handsome if you survived to enjoy them. If not, then your family received a six-figure settlement plus a monthly pension.

The current Butler had been guarding young Master Artemis for twelve years, since the moment of his birth. And, though they adhered to the age-old formalities, they were much more than master and servant. Artemis was the closest thing Butler had to a friend, and Butler was the closest Artemis had to a father, albeit one who obeyed orders.

Butler held his tongue until they were aboard the Heathrow connection from Bangkok, then he had to ask. “Artemis?”

Artemis looked up from the screen of his PowerBook. He was getting a head start on the translation.

“Yes?”

“The sprite. Why didn’t we simply keep the Book and leave her to die?”

“A corpse is evidence, Butler. My way, the People will have no reason to be suspicious.”

“But the sprite?”

“I hardly think she will confess to showing humans the Book. In any case, I mixed a slight amnesiac into her second injection. When she finally wakes up, the last week will be a blur.”

Butler nodded appreciatively. Always two steps ahead, that was Master Artemis. People said he was a chip off the old block. They were wrong. Master Artemis was a brand- new block, the likes of which had never been seen before.

Doubts assuaged, Butler returned to his copy of Guns and Ammo, leaving his employer to unravel the secrets of the universe.

------------------------------------------------------------

And for those who want to know how he'll compare against Tony Stark, here's a sample of the tech he has. This excerpt is from the third book.

------------------------------------------------------------

He flipped open the case’s lid, revealing a blue cube the size of a mini-disk player nestled in blue foam.

Spiro cleaned his spectacles with the tail end of his tie.

“What am I seeing here, kid?”

Artemis placed the shining box on the table.

“The future, Mr. Spiro. Ahead of schedule.”

Jon Spiro leaned in, taking a good look. “Looks like a paperweight to me.”

Arno Blunt snickered, his eyes taunting Butler.

“A demonstration, then,” said Artemis, picking up the metal box. He pressed a button and the gadget purred into life. Sections slid back to reveal speakers and a screen.

“Cute,” muttered Spiro. “I flew three thousand miles for a micro TV?”

Artemis nodded. “A micro TV. But also a verbally controlled computer, a mobile phone, a diagnostic aid. This little box can read any information on absolutely any platform, electronic or organic. It can play videos, laser disks, DVDs, go online, retrieve e-mail, hack any computer. It can even scan your chest to see how fast your heart’s beating. Its battery is good for two years, and of course it’s completely wireless.”

Artemis paused, to let it sink in.

Spiro’s eyes grew huge behind his spectacles.

“You mean, this box . . .”

“Will render all other technology obsolete. Your computer plants will be worthless.”

The American took several deep breaths.

“But how . . . how?”

Artemis flipped the box over. An infrared sensor pulsed gently on the back.

“This is the secret. An omni-sensor. It can read anything you ask it to. And if the source is programmed in, it can piggyback on any satellite you choose.”

Spiro wagged a finger. “But that’s illegal, isn’t it?”

“No, no.” Artemis smiled. “There are no laws against something like this. And there won’t be for at least two years after it comes out. Look how long it took to shut down Napster.”

The American rested his face in his hands. It was too much. “I don’t understand. This is years, no decades, ahead of anything we have now. You’re nothing but a thirteen-year-old-kid. How did you do it?”

Artemis thought for a second. What was he going to say? That sixteen months ago Butler had taken on a Lower Elements Police Retrieval Squad and confiscated their fairy technology? Then he had taken the components and built this wonderful box? Hardly.

“Let’s just say I’m a very smart boy, Mr. Spiro.”

Spiro’s eyes narrowed. “Maybe not as smart as you’d like us to think. I want a demonstration.”

“Fair enough.” Artemis nodded. “Do you have a mobile phone?”

“Naturally.” Spiro placed his cell phone on the table. It was the latest Fission Chips model.

“Secure, I take it?”

Spiro nodded arrogantly. “Five-hundred-bit encryption. Best in its class. You’re not getting into the Fission 400 without a code.”

“We shall see.”

Artemis pointed the sensor at the handset. The screen instantly displayed an image of the cell phone’s workings.

“Download?” inquired a metallic voice from the speaker.

“Confirm.”

In less than a second, the job was done.

“Download complete,” said the box, with a hint of smugness.

Spiro was aghast. “I don’t believe it. That system cost twenty million dollars.”

“Worthless,” said Artemis, showing him the screen. “Would you like to call home? Or maybe move some funds around? You really shouldn’t keep your bank account

numbers on a SIM card.”

The American thought for several moments. “It’s a trick,” he pronounced finally. “You must’ve known about my phone. Somehow, don’t ask me how, you got access to it earlier.”

“That is logical,” admitted Artemis. “It’s what I would suspect. Name your test.”

Spiro cast his eyes around the restaurant, fingers drumming the tabletop.

“Over there,” he said finally, pointing to a video shelf above the bar. “Play one of those tapes.”

“That’s it?”

“It’ll do, for a start.”

Arno Blunt made a huge show of flicking through the tapes, eventually selecting one without a label. He slapped it down on the table, bouncing the engraved silver cutlery half an inch into the air.

Artemis resisted the urge to roll his eyes, placing the blue box directly onto the tape’s surface.

An image of the cassette’s innards appeared on the tiny plasma screen.

“Download?” asked the box.

Artemis nodded. “Download, compensate, and play.”

Again the operation was completed in under a second. An old episode of an English soap crackled into life.

“DVD quality,” commented Artemis. “Regardless of the input. The C Cube will compensate.”

“The what?”

“C Cube,” repeated Artemis. “The name I have given my little box. A tad obvious, I admit. But appropriate. The cube that sees everything.”

#7 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

And regarding Jean Grey herself, that's the thing! She is capable of such, but she will NOT go that far! Much like how a good man is capable of murder, but will NOT associate himself(or herself) with the act. And as for penetrating those powers at any rate, Kratos power is magical based and his stamina is amazing. After a while, he'll wear her down and when he does....Well, I'm not sure they'll find enough pieces of her after the battle.

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:16 AM

You just cut and paste a page worth of book. I'll have to read that later. I don't know much about Artemis. I'm going to have to pull out one of my brilliant (overstatement) battle scenarios on you.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

Okay, let's do it:

Artemis is in the background controlling the team via electronics communication methods. Immediately, he tries to seize the Iron Man armor with some form of computer hacking. Immediately, he is fried by some form of anti-hacking device that Iron Man has spent the majority of his adult career perfecting (Let us not forget that IronMan is insanely protective of his tech. Artemis is NOT getting in.) Artemis is out and communications with his team is out.

Gandalf takes the lead and commands his team to surround the enemy. Zatanna immediately recognizes a magic user and becomes locked in a power struggle. "Ecnelis!" she pronounces to the elder wizard. Suddenly his mouth disappears. Unable to speak, he forcibly thrusts his staff at Zatanna. She flies backwards and hits the ground hard. Gandalf uses the distraction to conjure another spell with his staff. His mouth begins to form anew. Zatanna realizes she is dueling with no amatuer. The two tussle.

Kratos rages towards Jean with the wrath of a god. He leaps into the air: Blades of Chaos glowing with intensity. Jean unfazed by his bravado uses the momentum and telekinetically slings the warrior across the battlefield and into the mighty Hulk. His Blades of Chaos sink deep into the green goliath. Hulk becomes enraged. Fuming, he seemingly grows in height. He turns and begins to throttle Kratos with the blades still embedded deep in this back. Iron Man in his Thorbuster armor takes full advantage and charges his armor to full strength with the mystical asgardian jewel that powers it. Meanwhile Hulk crushes Kratos' body into the ground repeatedly. Bloodied and broken, Kratos struggle futilely to break the unbreakable grasp of the Hulk. Suddenly, he is fried by a godbusting blast, meant to destroy the mighty Thor. Hulk releases his hold as Kratos is flung across the ground. His body Skips like a rock across a pond. Hulk follows and steps on the god-killers head. His teammate broken, Hulk turns his enraged attention to Iron Man.

The Earth trembles meanwhile as Gladiator and Spawn hammer at each other in the clouds. Neither willing to give up an inch to the others might.

Across the battlefield, Master Chief covers Deadpool with a lethal spray of firepower as the assassin sneaks up on a pinned Jotaro and Jesse Custer. Hidden behind an adamantium barricade created by Firestorm, Jesse and Jotaro wait for the stream from Master Chief's assault rifle to end. Suddenly, a sword cleaves through Jotaro's coat. Unbeknownst to Deadpool, Jotaro's stand, Star Platinum: had long spotted the sneaking ninja with his telescopic vision and blocked the sword mid-thrust just barely missing a fatal stab. "The World!" Jotaro exclaims. Within seconds, he punches clean through Deadpool. The assassin's heart explodes out his back.

Next, Master Chief uses the distraction to flank the duo. In close, Master Chief tries to stab the duo with his energy sword in one deft move. His attack slices the chest of Jotaro, but suddenly..."Eat Sh!t." Jesse says. Master Chief leaves to find the best excrement to dine on. Laughing, Jesse picks up the soldier's assault weapon and brutally blows his head off.

Sensing a problem, Gandalf turns to notice his team is decimated. Jean and Gladiator have teamed up on Spawn. Firestorm and Iron man struggle to conquer the ever threatening Hulk. Before he can consider a battle plan. The world around him freezes. His last sight is Jotaro Kujo smiling as he turns his bleeding head to face his executioner (Finger Extension: Star Platinum is capable of lengthening his index and middle fingers to stab an opponent from a distance. This ability seems to be easy to do, as it functions as a surprise attack.). Gandalf's lifeless body collapses to the ground.

Meanwhile, Spawn is weakened as Jean pins his arms with telekinetics and Gladiator pounds away at his crumbled body.

Hulk thrashes wildly as his ripped jeans have formed into an impenetrable pair of vibranium/adamanitum hand/ankle cuffs courtesy of Firestorm's transmutations. Iron Man pummels him relentlessly with his godbusting Destroyer armor.

Nearby, Jesse Custer casually strolls towards Artemis Fowl who is waking from unconsiousness after his attack on Iron Man. "Howdy." Jesse says. Artemis swiftly pulls some form of technological gadget to down his opponent. "Stick it up your a$$." Jesse says. Artemis does. The entirety of the team then turn their attention to the struggling Hulk. The end.

Team treacherous = pwn.

#10 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

To quote the words of the merc with the mouth, "you do know this means war..."

As both groups rush towards each other, the Master Chief pulls up his rifle and goes straight for the Preacher. Confident in his power however, the preacher merely remarks "blow off your head". The Spartan pauses in the middle of battle and brings up his weapon before whipping it in his direction and using the distraction to blow off his head. He pauses and remarks to the open air "thanks Cortana." Cortana, who had merely filtered out all sound smiles within his helmet and restores the use of his audio receptors before anything could happen.

Meanwhile, Zartanna is clashing with Gandalf and casts a spell to seal his mouth. As Gandalf restores it, he causes a flash of light that causes Zartanna to raise her shields for any magical attack. The next part therefore, comes as a complete surprise as the sword Glamdring removes her head from her shoulders. As her head rolls away, Gandalf says "youngsters nowadays. There is more then one way then twiddling your fingers."

Artemis Fowl on the other hand, considers the rest from his place of refuge. And is suddenly startled as Kratos fly's into the Hulk. He immediately calls Gandalf. "Do it now." Gandalf receives the message and instantly casts a spell that makes all of Hulks teammates look like Betty Ross and the enemies like his greatest foes. Enraged at the way they are pummeling his "girlfriend", Hulk becomes more enraged and begins to lay waste to Iron-man, eventually squeezing his head in the helmet before rushing off for others.

Meanwhile, Star Platinum is relaying the battle information before realizing something. Where the heck is Deadpool?

"BANZAI!!!" Luckily for Star, he dodges the blow and rolls to the side before standing warily. "Why aren't you down there now?" Deadpool beams with joy and says "maybe I'm meeting my old girlfriend. Or maybe I lost a contact and I'm searching everywhere for it. Or maybe, I'm just chattering to be the distraction." On the field, Jotaros head is then instantly blown off by Butler, who was waiting on the sidelines. Instantly, this cancels out the Stand and he disappears. Butler nods at Deadpool and with a jaunty wave, Deadpool teleports back down. Butler then consults Fowl. "You were right, he did bring in outside help." From his hiding space Fowl nods, it was no less then what he would do. He then goes back to his screen, to examine the rest of the battle. "Perhaps it was foolhardy to destroy Stark so early. His armour would have been an asset on our side. Still....." He examines the armour with interest before smirking. "Butler, contact our erstwhile friend Deadpool again. I have a special task for him."

Up in the sky, Gladiator and Spawn fight tooth and nail. Neither side was asking for quarter, neither side was giving it. Until finally, Spawn smiles and says "this is taking forever. Why don't we change partners?" And with that, he teleports backs down. Gladiator roars and cries "COWARD! COME AND FACE ME!" As he lands on the earth, chains from both Spawn and another suddenly lash onto him. Turning his head, Gladiator comes eye to eye with the God of War who nods at Spawn before both pull and rip Gladiator in half. Cracking his neck, Spawn pauses and remarks "I always did love pulling the wishbone."

Meanwhile, Firestorm and Jean Grey are both attempting to stop the Hulk, who sighted them immediately afterward he crushed Tony Stark. Firestorm places adimantium shackles on the Hulk which only serves to enrage him as he thrashs again and again. Meanwhile, Jean Grey is locked in battle with with Gandalf in a mental war over the Hulk and his illusion. Her concentration is so great, that she doesn't notice when Deadpool teleports behind her.

That leaves only Firestorm who instantly prepares himself for what would be a great battle. It is therefore, to his great surprise when the Armour of Tony Stark comes to life behind him and kills him. Deadpool snickers before looking up into the sky. "Good work mon capitan!" Viewing from the Stark industry satellite that he hacked to provide a safe entrance into his armour, Fowl affords himself a rare smile. That omni-sensor Deadpool planted on the armour allowed greater remote access hacking from the Satellite he was using. It was over.

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:16 AM

I like you, Hugo. Came prepared for a fight, didn't you? Okay, I like my opponents to thrash around before I kill them.

We will continue this later...:lol:

#12 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:41 AM

As both groups rush towards each other, the Master Chief pulls up his rifle and goes straight for the Preacher. Confident in his power however, the preacher merely remarks "blow off your head". The Spartan pauses in the middle of battle and brings up his weapon before whipping it in his direction and using the distraction to blow off his head. He pauses and remarks to the open air "thanks Cortana." Cortana, who had merely filtered out all sound smiles within his helmet and restores the use of his audio receptors before anything could happen.

Flaw in your logic: The characters don't know each other before the match. Cortana wouldn't know to filter out the sound.

Meanwhile, Zartanna is clashing with Gandalf and casts a spell to seal his mouth. As Gandalf restores it, he causes a flash of light that causes Zartanna to raise her shields for any magical attack. The next part therefore, comes as a complete surprise as the sword Glamdring removes her head from her shoulders. As her head rolls away, Gandalf says "youngsters nowadays. There is more then one way then twiddling your fingers."

Good one. I'll give you that. Zatanna is out. Experience over youth anyday.

Artemis Fowl on the other hand, considers the rest from his place of refuge. And is suddenly startled as Kratos fly's into the Hulk. He immediately calls Gandalf. "Do it now." Gandalf receives the message and instantly casts a spell that makes all of Hulks teammates look like Betty Ross and the enemies like his greatest foes. Enraged at the way they are pummeling his "girlfriend", Hulk becomes more enraged and begins to lay waste to Iron-man, eventually squeezing his head in the helmet before rushing off for others.

Rebuttal: Iron Man in his Thor Busting Armor isn't getting his head squeezed off that easily. Especially when he can simply fly. Anyway, Jean sees Hulk trying to throttle her teammate and begins to focus on Hulk, telepatchically reaching into his mind. A few seconds later, a Frail and puny Bruce Banner is sitting in the middle of the battlefield. Iron Man proceeds to squeeze his head off. :huh:

Meanwhile, Star Platinum is relaying the battle information before realizing something. Where the heck is Deadpool?

"BANZAI!!!" Luckily for Star, he dodges the blow and rolls to the side before standing warily. "Why aren't you down there now?" Deadpool beams with joy and says "maybe I'm meeting my old girlfriend. Or maybe I lost a contact and I'm searching everywhere for it. Or maybe, I'm just chattering to be the distraction." On the field, Jotaros head is then instantly blown off by Butler, who was waiting on the sidelines. Instantly, this cancels out the Stand and he disappears. Butler nods at Deadpool and with a jaunty wave, Deadpool teleports back down. Butler then consults Fowl. "You were right, he did bring in outside help." From his hiding space Fowl nods, it was no less then what he would do. He then goes back to his screen, to examine the rest of the battle. "Perhaps it was foolhardy to destroy Stark so early. His armour would have been an asset on our side. Still....." He examines the armour with interest before smirking. "Butler, contact our erstwhile friend Deadpool again. I have a special task for him."

Rebuttal: Star Platinum focuses strongly on self preservation. I've rarely seen anyone get the drop on Jo Jo. Even if Jo Jo is incapacitated, Star will protect him. In other words, He's already spotted Butler and he's blocking simple guns (Did I mention that Jo Jo tried to kill himself in jail and Star caught the bullet before it hit his head....yeah. Uh oh, Jo Jo is surrounded by zombies. He's dead meat....yeah right.
Here's a comment posted on Youtube regarding Jo Jo completely ignoring the zombies, yet Star beating the crap out of them...
LelouchCommandsYou (1 week ago): He's to epic to look straight. or rather his epic pwnge looks for him.

Up in the sky, Gladiator and Spawn fight tooth and nail. Neither side was asking for quarter, neither side was giving it. Until finally, Spawn smiles and says "this is taking forever. Why don't we change partners?" And with that, he teleports backs down. Gladiator roars and cries "COWARD! COME AND FACE ME!" As he lands on the earth, chains from both Spawn and another suddenly lash onto him. Turning his head, Gladiator comes eye to eye with the God of War who nods at Spawn..."and stop!"

Whoops. Looks like Jesse Custer saved the day. Oh look, Iron Man has now flown up to help his partner. A god-killer vs a brilliant genius in god busting armor that Thor had to eventually destroy because he was afraid of it and Spawn vs Gladiator once again. Oh, did I mention that Spawn and Kratos can't move until Jesse tells them too. Sucks to be them.

Meanwhile, Firestorm and Jean Grey are both attempting to stop the Hulk (already dead...leaving Firestorm and Jean open), who sighted them immediately afterward he crushed Tony Stark (Still alive and currently beating the daylights out of Kratos). Meanwhile, Jean Grey is locked in battle with with Gandalf in a mental war. Her concentration is so great, that she doesn't notice when Deadpool teleports behind her (Too bad Deadpool was long ago defeated when time froze around him and he and his butler's heads were smashed together...repeatedly). Gandalf soon notices he's surrounded.

Moving on...

This leaves Fowl who is somewhere crying because he keeps trying to mess with Stark enterprise technology and he keeps getting zapped by anti-hacking technology far superior to anything he's ever encountered. Uh oh, here comes Jesse again. "Howdy."

#13 Culwych

Culwych

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

My vote has gone to team Treacherous for one reason, this man:

Posted Image

I can just hear the voice saying: All you motherf***ers are dead!

Game over.

#14 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Awesome debating going on. I'd like to thank Treach for starting this thing. Anyways, I spotted two flaws with both your scenarios.

1. Artemis is not hacking Iron Man.

Yes, he's a genius. Yes, he's been able to hack fairy technology (which relies on magic, so I'm not sure how good that feat is). And yes, he's dealt with high tech security before.

But this is in his world. A world where organized crime and magical beings are the biggest things around.

But in Marvel?

Trolls? Iron Man has met Ice Giants.
Organized Crime? I'd like to see Artemis take on HYDRA.

My point is that Iron Man lives in a world where Artemis type geniuses are a dime a dozen. He has dealt with hackers before, and it's always the same. They go down.

There's a reason why he's the second smartest man in the world (1st is Richards).

2. This:

Iron Man in his Thor Busting Armor isn't getting his head squeezed off that easily. Especially when he can simply fly. Anyway, Jean sees Hulk trying to throttle her teammate and begins to focus on Hulk, telepatchically reaching into his mind. A few seconds later, a Frail and puny Bruce Banner is sitting in the middle of the battlefield. Iron Man proceeds to squeeze his head off.

C'mon. I'm pretty sure this is a Marvel law.

Telepaths + Hulk = Hulk not feeling a thing.

I've seen people from all accross Marvel come to try their hand at reaching Hulk's mind. From Jean, to Professor X, it always ends the same. Hulk takes them down.

Just wanted to clear that up...

Note: Altough, I still see Treach's team taking it.

#15 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

Yes, I am really enjoying myself. I like this site a lot, but it appears I'm being overwhelmed. Ah well. Even if I lose, I still have my villains to redeem myself.

#16 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

treacherous, I salute you.

#17 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

I can just hear the voice saying: All you motherf***ers are dead!
Game over.

I could start every fight with this, but where is the fun in that.

@Marvel - you are probably right about the Hulk. I could come up with a dozen other ways to defeat him if you'd like. :huh:

@Fowl...you made me think. Good job. I try not to use that part of my body unless necessary. Stop that.

#18 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:27 AM

Go me!

Match over!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users