#101 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

My final thoughts: I still stand that with enough force behind the attack, Superman can be punctured by a lightsaber. I believe they are hot enough as it has been showed that there are only four (perhaps five) objects they can’t cut (This may be based on the properties of the objects or their toughness). Superman’s durability is spotty at best as he has been shown to have been damaged by Plasma beams before (Force) and he has been shown to completely ignore a plasma beam. The real question is how hot are the sabers. I still believe that with significant force, they can pierce him. I still think Vader could hold it together during a Superman incoming, but up to the speed necessary to puncture Blue Steel, maybe not. Seems Supes would have to go pretty fast. Just can't figure that one out.

If Wolverine can pierce Hulk (which he’s done numerous times), I think a saber could pierce Superman. Then again, there is the question of what has greater cutting power, a saber or adamantium. And who has greater durability, Superman or Hulk?

We could do this all day. There should be an All-Purpose CBUB Comparison thread.

#102 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

4 or 5 materials in the Star Wars Universe, which has no relevancy on anything. Also, you're argument based on Wolverine piercing Hulk is extremely faulty. There's too many variables to compare the two.

#103 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

4 or 5 materials in the Star Wars Universe, which has no relevancy on anything.

The relevancy is that perhaps there could be some reference to those objects durability as opposed to Superman's durability. The point was to post those objects that could not be cut, then find out if they could not be cut due to some sort of innate property within them or simply because they were hard as hell. Then if they were really hard enough to not be cut, are there any feats that display their durability being on par or even greater than Superman. Hard to believe, but not outside the realm of possibility. Force, don't be daft. For someone who has such knowledge you didn't think that one through or chose not to.

Also, you're argument based on Wolverine piercing Hulk is extremely faulty. There's too many variables to compare the two.

There is no argument. It was a random thought that I already debunked due to the variables in the freakin same paragraph. Work with me big guy.

#104 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Here's a question! Can a lightsaber stop Darkseid's Omega Beams? They are simply some strange Bio Electric blasts right? If your answer is yes, doesn't that mean that a lightsaber can pierce Superman? Because Omega Beams seem to F up Supes pretty good on occasion. Or are there too many variables?

Posted Image

#105 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

technically the Omega Beams can pass through any material. Also they effect the very existence and matter of the object or being struck by it.

#106 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

LOL are you really comparing the omega beams to a lightsaber? Those beams come from a cosmic energy source called the omega effect. Yeah no lightsaber would block that. By the way Superman wasn't even really affected or hurt by those beams if you read the comic. Once again what proof do you have a lightsaber would even pierce Superman at all? First it would have to get past his kryptonian armor which has already showed it can withstand optic beams and high levels of power including the sun.

#107 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

The relevancy is that perhaps there could be some reference to those objects durability as opposed to Superman's durability. The point was to post those objects that could not be cut, then find out if they could not be cut due to some sort of innate property within them or simply because they were hard as hell. Then if they were really hard enough to not be cut, are there any feats that display their durability being on par or even greater than Superman. Hard to believe, but not outside the realm of possibility. Force, don't be daft. For someone who has such knowledge you didn't think that one through or chose not to.

There is no argument. It was a random thought that I already debunked due to the variables in the freakin same paragraph. Work with me big guy.

There are absolutely no instances which can relate fictional Star Wars metals to Superman's durability, especially since for the most part they're defined by their ability to take a lightsaber. It's easier to just compare the demonstrated cutting power of the lightsaber and the durability of Superman. In your own words- don't be daft.

Except you didn't. It depends on the sharpness of the adamantium, the specific instance of how adamantium cut through Hulk's skin, how mad Hulk was at the time (hard to believe, but Hulk's durability isn't constant, it increases the angrier he is), etc. etc. This on top with the fact that you have to come up with some way to express Superman's durability related to Hulk's.

#108 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

And the idea that a lightsaber can block Omega Beams is ridiculous. I can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to Bigballerju and Legacy. Also, even if a lightsaber can block an Omega Beam, and the Omega Beam can hurt Superman, it doesn't necessarily mean that the lightsaber can pierce Superman. Logic 101, the lightsaber might have the possibility of blocking the Omega Beams due to factors that are intrinsic in the Omega Beams and not to Superman.

#109 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

And the idea that a lightsaber can block Omega Beams is ridiculous. I can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to Bigballerju and Legacy.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

#110 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

See the reason you can't be the Great Debater, Force Echo is because you don't pay attention. I didn't make any comparisons nor did I make any assumptions. I merely posed a question to the audience. Both of you (Bigballerju) tried to use that question as a chance to look smarter. Instead you prove you have no reading comprehension. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with either of you, but pay attention.

#111 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

And note, I already stated where this conversation would go due to both your predispositions....mummer's farce. Last note, I don't lean either direction in any of these debates. I just pose questions. You guys are so itching to make me look dumb, you're jumping at shadows. You're so busy trying to prove your superiority over the inferior human race, you don't even see that I already stated that I really am forming my conlusions based on your arguments. I'm just posing questions. Settle down. You are being daft. If you knew me at all you'd know that I think arguing over comic book/fantasy feats is ridiculous because the writer is god. I'm a writer. ;)

But it's fun and something to do, but now I remember why I prefer to do FPL.

#112 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Here's a question! Can a lightsaber stop Darkseid's Omega Beams? They are simply some strange Bio Electric blasts right? If your answer is yes, doesn't that mean that a lightsaber can pierce Superman? Because Omega Beams seem to F up Supes pretty good on occasion. Or are there too many variables?

It's called reading the entire post. Not particularly difficult.

And the answer is yes, there are too many variables for that comparison, including at least a few unknown factors(such as the exact nature of the Omega Beams).

#113 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

If Wolverine can pierce Hulk (which he’s done numerous times), I think a saber could pierce Superman. Then again, there is the question of what has greater cutting power, a saber or adamantium. And who has greater durability, Superman or Hulk?.

Also here, where I clearly say, "then again". Questioning my previous statement with variables. The only true answer was, "Yes, there are too many variables.". Then perhaps even showing a few more examples. I believe Methos did this. Again, it's paying attention.

I only ask these questions because I'm honestly curious as to other's facts and thoughts. I form an opinion based on whatever knowledge I have, but when somebody turns it into a chance to prove themselves, it becomes droll. Again, I knew where this was going from the start. Bigballerju is a bit biased towards Superman mythos (IMO) and Force is just a tee bit pompous. No offense guys, but I like non-objective and less self-important answers. I just want a logical robot without all the "lol" and "ridiculous". So far, there has been many on this thread that have done this. I was joking at first on your natures, but the best jokes are true.

#114 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

See the reason you can't be the Great Debater, Force Echo is because you don't pay attention. I didn't make any comparisons nor did I make any assumptions. I merely posed a question to the audience. Both of you (Bigballerju) tried to use that question as a chance to look smarter. Instead you prove you have no reading comprehension. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with either of you, but pay attention.

Yeah, you merely posed a question, and the question is ridiculous and stupid in itself, which was my point. Also, the comment you made about reading comprehension not only proves that you're a giant hypocrite (in calling me pompous), but you have no reading comprehension yourself, because you obviously didn't understand the point of my post.

#115 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

I'm glad we get along so well.

#116 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

So, in the Star Wars Universe, there are actually closer to ten different saber-resistant materials.

#117 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Oh stfu Echo. You're 16. What am I doing? *leaves room to let Echo talk to himself*

#118 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I remember being 16.

#119 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

I'm glad we get along so well.

...and to think I closed a thread because I felt you and Surfer were unjustly trolling on him. I'm starting to understand the temptation.

#120 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Please don't close all other future threads that Evan and I derail as well? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users