#41 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

The only one that seems to be making anything resembling solid arguments is Treacherous, and it's, with no offense to Treach, relatively obvious that he's not really putting any effort into it.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I have A.D.D. *Plays Angry Birds: Star Wars*

P.S. I proclaim Sirmethos' the winner here.

#42 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Yea I wasn't really putting any effort here to be honest and even less then Treacherous.

#43 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Don't you piggy back my cop out.

#44 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Bigballerju uses Follow the Leader. It's not effective. Treacherous is not amused.

#45 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

What proof do you have that force lightning has a spiritual component, and that it's not just electrical energy?

#46 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

What proof do you have that force lightning has a spiritual component, and that it's not just electrical energy?

I asked the same thing.

Edit: Not playing follow the leader. Didn't put effort because I was busy doing work.

#47 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

SIRMETHOS

"Also what proof do you have Storm would be effected by a force lightening?"

The same as I have for Shadowcat, even phased, being at least partially effected. The fact that Force Lightning, is not just an electric charge, it also contains a spiritual element. As shown when a disembodied Luke Skywalker, was actually affected by the Lightning of Kyp Durron(controlled/manipulated by Exar Kun).

Storm could obviously avoid taking damage from the purely electrical part of the Force Lightning. But she has nothing to protect her against that spiritual aspect of the Force Lightning.

This that was posted earlier

#48 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

How would the other strike her down? One, she can now fly, meaning she can try to escape by sending lightning bolts down on the one holding her and then fly away....and two, she is phased.

Telekinesis has been shown to work on Kitty's phased state.

#49 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

You know, I'll add Starkiller's handy dandy Force Precognition wasn't all that helpful in the alternate ending of Force Unleashed: 2. Also, I'm fairly certain Storm would have no trouble redirecting force-generated lightning. Sure, the force lightning might be a tad supernatural, but I'm 90% sure she could still deflect it, and in the process, avoid its unnatural properties. If it should touch her, that's a different story; and one I don't have the evidence to support anyway.

#50 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Note to Sirmethos: One of these days, I'm going to come fully loaded to debate you. One of these da.....zzzzzzzzz.

#51 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

I debate-smacked Methos, it was easy. You just need a really fancy dueling glove.

#52 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Note to Sirmethos: One of these days, I'm going to come fully loaded to debate you. One of these da.....zzzzzzzzz.

SIRMETHOS

"Also what proof do you have Storm would be effected by a force lightening?"

The same as I have for Shadowcat, even phased, being at least partially effected. The fact that Force Lightning, is not just an electric charge, it also contains a spiritual element. As shown when a disembodied Luke Skywalker, was actually affected by the Lightning of Kyp Durron(controlled/manipulated by Exar Kun).

Storm could obviously avoid taking damage from the purely electrical part of the Force Lightning. But she has nothing to protect her against that spiritual aspect of the Force Lightning.

#53 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I debate-smacked Methos, it was easy. You just need a really fancy dueling glove.

I used to debate people right off the CBUB. I used to research and post videos and pictures. But I can't keep my interest long enough anymore. I've got a few post in me, then...

There are a few old threads around here with me debating some of these others.

#54 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Pretty much the only things that I can have a solid debate about these days are things I specialize in. Early on, I'd research topics I wasn't knowledgable about just as you. But nowadays, apathy and lathargy are so much more... pleasant. I'm finally coasting down my high hill! In all seriousness, I still get flashes of hot blood moments, I just pick and choose my battles.

#55 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

I feel the same way on some things. Most of the time I only post on characters Im really familiar with. I remember when treach was really active on the CBUB side of the site. Back when he was a regular member.

#56 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

You know it can be argued that Darth Vader could kill Superman. Think about it. Superman shows up and is all, “Stop in the name of…blah blah blah.” Darth looking to make short work of the guy in the jetpack, simply force crushes him. It doesn’t work. Superman frowns and repeats himself. Darth realizes this guy is pretty hearty ups the Force and tries again. Again, nothing the big guy can’t shrug off. Finally Superman is like, “I warned you.” Thinking Vader is simply a telekinetic, he flies in with a force strong enough to counteract the Force he felt from Vader. It’s pretty fast. Problem being, he doesn’t anticipate the dozens of other skills the Sith have. Superman moves fast enough to incapacitate someone he thinks is weaker, but you know Supes, he’s not trying to kill the guy.

So Supes flies in head first like he normally does with intent to knock Vader out. Vader Force pushes him to slow him down - No effect. Uh oh, looks like Vader is about to get thumped. Psyche out! Vader releases the push at the last minute and ignites the lightsaber that impales Superman right through the head as he tumbles into Vader. With Superman’s speed and the sabers own abilities, Superman is effectively skewered. The end.

Vader pushes the dead Kryptonian off him and continues on to take over Metropolis.

#57 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

You know it can be argued that Darth Vader could kill Superman. Think about it. Superman shows up and is all, “Stop in the name of…blah blah blah.” Darth looking to make short work of the guy in the jetpack, simply force crushes him. It doesn’t work. Superman frowns and repeats himself. Darth realizes this guy is pretty hearty ups the Force and tries again. Again, nothing the big guy can’t shrug off. Finally Superman is like, “I warned you.” Thinking Vader is simply a telekinetic, he flies in with a force strong enough to counteract the Force he felt from Vader. It’s pretty fast. Problem being, he doesn’t anticipate the dozens of other skills the Sith have. Superman moves fast enough to incapacitate someone he thinks is weaker, but you know Supes, he’s not trying to kill the guy.

So Supes flies in head first like he normally does with intent to knock Vader out. Vader Force pushes him to slow him down - No effect. Uh oh, looks like Vader is about to get thumped. Psyche out! Vader releases the push at the last minute and ignites the lightsaber that impales Superman right through the head as he tumbles into Vader. With Superman’s speed and the sabers own abilities, Superman is effectively skewered. The end.

Vader pushes the dead Kryptonian off him and continues on to take over Metropolis.

Thats assuming the lightsaber would work like that on Superman. He can fly into the sun and the lightsaber isnt hotter than that. (as far as I know. Could be wrong)

#58 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Or, Vader could keep Superman from breathing for a few days. That might work.

#59 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Or, Vader could keep Superman from breathing for a few days. That might work.

That depends on whether when Vader force chokes, does he actually constrict the muscles or is it all mental?

If its mental I could see it working.

If its physical I could see supes overpowering it.

#60 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

I'm assuming he just logdes a telekinetic watermelon down Supes' gullet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users