• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

So my Emachines Desktop that I have had for three years suddenly had been experiencing some issues. Namely, within the past two or three weeks-- I am going to say for maybe a little over three weeks, I have been recieving the dreaded blue screen of death. Now, I like to think that whenever I have a computer I have some fairly good Anti-virus software and malware protection, and I also ensure that I am not downloading anything too big which will eat up my drive. So sometime around Halloween or maybe after that, I happen to just be surfing on the web. Browsing EF, DeviantArt, Comicvine, Figurerealm and Youtube. Now the first time I got the Blue Screen of Death was when I was browsing around Youtube and DeviantArt.. the music in the background skips, the screen turns black-- everything resets and the blue screen occurs telling me that there was an error with the hard drive and a memory dump was in order.

I assume it was just a one time thing and carry on doing what I was doing. However to make sure it wasn't a virus, I ran AVG and Malwarebytes. Both pick nothing up. No virus, no rootkit, no adware or malware. So I rule out that it's not a virus.

The second time, it happens again. Not even a half hour in use of the machine. It tells me to run a memory diagonostics check and I do it. The PC doesn't even pass the memory diagonostics tests and it tells me my memory is corrupt and low. But that couldn't be because I still had a whopping amount of space left on my hard drive. So wanting to play it safe, I take it to a compute repair center and they test the RAM sticks. When he tested each of the sticks one by one, no problems were found, but when all three were running in the slots they belonged in, over 98 problems were found. So he tells me that the Motherboard is corrupt, or that it could've just needed a receipt change and that the RAMs just needed to be popped out and back in, and I might not see another BsoD.

So I plug everything back in, everything seems to work fine for a few days and I don't see the BsoD... until it randomly had popped up and this time the system tells me what the OS stopped working. I don't know what it means when the OS stopped working but if it's a software issue that is affecting the performance, then I was pretty much screwed. It meant that I had to get a new computer...

So... cue to here and now. I manage to buy a good computer, a gaming computer too. It was a CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra Destop 8GB Memory 1TB Hard Drive. It came with some awesome product features and I'd have assumed my PC troubles were over now that I had a new computer. All that was left was to install my wireless adapter from Linksys, a WPM54G Linksys, and install the programs I use a lot. So the I take the Linksys out of the old computer, and plug it in but Linksys couldn't be read by Windows 8. So, I had to go out and get a new Wireless adapter... however I hadn't taken out the old adapter yet. So I get the adapter, install the software to activate it and read my Networking, I have internet. The thing runs like a dream. I install the Virus protection, malware protection, browser and ad-blocking add-ons, and install my AIM program... Everything runs fine.

Within four hours of use... Blue Screen of Death.

On a brand spanking new computer. And it seems to share the same issues as my Emachines Vista did. Random BsoD's happen and I ran a memory test too. No issues with the memory whatsoever. However I am being told that the OS simply had an unexpected shutdown and stopped working. I know that there are .DMP files which describe the problems but I didn't write the numbers of the files down, nor do I know how to locate them. So... I take the computer back to Best Buy, inform Geek Squad of what happen and they tell me that I got a lemon.

I just find it very weird... that my Emachines Vista and my CyberPower PC Windows 8 seemingly suffer the same issues with BsoD. Maybe not the same issue but I'm getting Blue Screens. So I research what could cause it... Bad Drivers, Corrupted Software, Viruses, etc, etc...

Has anyone here had similar issues or having them now? And what could cause a brand new computer to suddenly malfunction like the old one?

Anyone computer savvy know how to answer this?

-Rakai'Thwei

#2 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

It could be that the machine overheated to the point of frying your harddrive. That's happened to me way too many times.

#3 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

It could be that the machine overheated to the point of frying your harddrive. That's happened to me way too many times.

In the case of the Emachines Vista, yeah that could've been the issue. But I had the power box fan replaced two years ago, and it's a very good power box fan too. Not a cheap brand either, so it would last me a long time.

But the CyberPower PC which was brand new and came with a cooling unit? That's not likely to happen with just one day of use.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users