5 replies to this topic

#1 Doom

Doom

RP Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

Every story has its beginning....But where does it all begin? In the man that says it? In the mind that conceived it? Or perhaps in the ether that spins and weaves its tapestry of fate through time immemorial? There are many threads, numerous beginning and more endings then stars in the sky. We'll never know, but one in the end. But as for this beginning?

It started with a League. An idea, to bring together names of some of the most notorious villains, scoundrels and pirates the British Empire had ever produced. A useless, mindless group of buffoons and expendables that would either deliver to them victory or die without incurring major losses. But despite it all, they fought if for no other reason that they had no choice. This was but one world after all, and if that was to go, what then? But times change, and though the players and pieces move the rules remain the same and alone, the last survivor of the League would be in her home...Resting and quiet for all her thoughts as before her, the papers detailing the latest trouble in London alone caused her brow to furrow with worry before she shook her head.

What did she care?

Her time was ended, her League was gone. It was over when fate intervened and a knock on the door alerted her to visitors...Who could they be? And wondering she walked to the door and opening it, paled...Him.

"Mr. Campion Bond."

And nodding in return, he bowed over her hand and spoke.

"Miss Mina Harker. Might I come in?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Empire is in peril."

Handing him a sherry by the fire, Mina would raise an eyebrow and speak, parroting her old friend.

"Isn't the Empire hip-deep in some sort of peril all the time? What makes this one special? Is it the Yellow Threat? The Colonies? Another Moriarty, seeking to conquer?"

In return, he took a sip and handed her a case file.

"No...We think its something else entirely. Something not of this Earth."

Opening it, Mina's eyes widened in shock and confusion at the newspaper article clippings.

"These are the Ripper Case files. But why-"

"-The Ripper Case" as everyone calls it was a matter of delicate work. Names, that even now I cannot say were involved and a great deal of work done to obfuscate the issue. Up to and including fooling the private investigator brought in by Scotland Yard to aid them...Some rum fool from Baker Street or something of the sort." He shook his head and continued.

"Now however, we find ourselves opening it again as a killer stalks the street, copying Jacks murders. Only rather then just questionable women, he or she seems to be targeting everyone. We need you. We need the League once more."

Mina blinked, things moving a little more faster then she would have liked as she spoke.

"But even if I did go for it, several things...One, to mobilize the whole League for just one-"

Campion Bond drained his drink and leaned forward.

"Did you not hear? It is not of this world! Our expert has confirmed this well enough." And glancing behind her and up he nodded.

"You can come out now."

Mina, startled would leap to her feet and turn around as from the shadows, in a traveling cloak and top hat, a figure with a small flower in his buttonhole bowed over her hand.

"Mina Harker? Meet John Wellington Wells-"

"-Sorcerer, Salesman and Traveling Magician of some power." And kissing her knuckles lightly he rose up and spoke.

"I would of course, offer some of my potions for beauty and youth, but you are blessed readily with both, are you not?"

Mina shuddered in memory and spoke.

"Pray you never experience such "blessings" in your own time, Mr. Wells."

Nodding with approval, Campion Bond would speak.

"Am I to understand then, that we have your agreement to aid Miss Harker?"

Mina would consider and flipping through the rest of the files raised an eyebrow at who they were to recruit.

"....A Mad Hatter.....A Vigilante who-.....A Time Traveler? And a Sky Pirate? Do these people even exist?!"

Just skimming over the names and details made her somewhat shocked and Campion would merely smile.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth then dreamed in your philosophy. Even for you, Miss Harker."

Behind Harker, flipping out a pocketwatch, Mr. Wells smiled.

"Its time. Just take my hand now then, and think of the first person on the list....What is his name?"

And once more into the breach, Mina Harker took a deep breath as the teleportation spell took them to the first locale to hunt down their elusive member...

"His name, is Hatter Madigan."

The Setup: John Wellington Wells: Sorcerer Salesman and Mina Harker land in Paris, France in search of the elusive Hatter Madigan. Will they manage to find the Wonderous Warrior? Or will he slip away and leave the two in a pool of tears? Only one way to find out reader. Please leave a comment, and rate this match. Enjoy.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

Learn More About
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Read more about The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics - Wildstorm Imprint Links: Wikipedia Entry - The League Archive.org - Annotations The League Foundation

The Mad Hatter
Read more about The Mad Hatter at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domains Links: Wikipedia Once Upon A Time Alice In Wonderland Wikia

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Good setup and Hatter gives them the slip. Mina and John won't be ready for a chase like the one Hatter will give them. In the end after growing annoyed with the twists and turns they eventually will catch up to him only for him to disappear for good.

#4 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Very great set-up! Definitely an A from me! I love the tone of the story with the characters presented within the story and I would love to see follow-ups because I love these types of characters. I guess I will have to go with Mad Hatter as well for the same reasons. I think Mina and John will definitely give him a run for his money but he will find a way to get away. Great job once again.

#5 Doom

Doom

RP Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for the comments you two.

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Another very good set-up, Doom. It's looking like the start of a great arc. Sorry to say, though, I don't really know a thing about OUaT or nearly enough about TLoEG to say who'd win this particular chase, though.

#7 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
A
B
SCORE