• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Well, they're capable of mangling humans with their mere grip (iirc they have to exercise great care not to do so...), and the twinkling twit's stopped a truck from flattening Bella (Oh how I wish it did.) with relative ease - actually, effortlessly. I think a punch from one has shattered a boulder too - so the figure from your calculation might be ridiculous, but it's evident that the vamps are likely stronger than even Dachande.

Predators can do that too. I mean a Veteran like Scarface was able to easily crush a human skull almost effortlessly, and he was even showcased to twist a human's spine and pull them apart like a rag doll in Concrete Jungle. Also, Predators have been shown to smash through brick walls and other barriers with their bare hands as mentioned numerous times in the films and by extension, the EU. And concerning the strength of Elders and Veteran Yautja alike, we've established that they are in the range of 10 - 16 tons, depending on if certain conditions are met.

Thank you for agreeing with me that the calculation in the above posted is ridiculous. For once, something we mutually agree on. But if we really want to know how strong Edward is, we would need a rough calculation for his weight. And the Twilight books don't provide that..

Could Edward be stronger? Possibly, but how strong we need to figure out.

Dachande has dealt with stronger adversaries in the past, such as when he had beaten a Queen Alien to death with his bare hands and survived the ordeal. And Queen's depending on their age, are very strong.. Empresses, being stronger.

And from what I understand, the Twi-vamps are insanely fast, usually faster than humans can see? And Edward's even faster than that - so odds are with his mental reading capability which has enabled him to deftly evade other vamps attacks, Dachande is never going to lay a hand on him, considering Dachande is not anywhere close to the average Twivamp's speed, more so even with Ed's.

I haven't read the books, so I am going off from the movies here but if the book versions are faster.. Then I have to thank God that this fight is a rumbles and not an official match. I mean it's bad enough that Robocop has that glaring black mark of losing to someone as pathetic in terms of character like Edward Cullen. But really, if the Twilight Vampires are THAT insanely fast... then someone like Spider-Man wouldn't be able to keep up for too long. I am really starting to think that Stephanie Meyer just gave these characters God-Mode powers.

We've seen Yautja being fast enough to keep up with some extremely fast and agile opponents. For example, Smiley Predator taking on those modified combat synthetics. Dachande was faster, killing twelve Aliens faster than Machiko Noguchi could aim her gun and fire at the creatures.

Here's an excerpt from Prey, showing cashing Dachande's speed and skill. And this feat was performed while he was injured with broken ribs as Prey mentions earlier that he was still healing from an injury.

Dachande heard the Hard Meat and spun around. He sprinted past the two ooman strangers toward the threat, staff forward. He was dimly aware that the small warrior was right behind. It shouted something at the other two. They came in a single-file stream, flowed from around a structure, ten, maybe twelve. Dachande leapt to greet them. Two arrived first, angled in from the sides. Dachande spun, swung completely around, cut them both through their midsections in one strike. He didn’t watch them hit the ground; there was no need—they were dead and all he need do was avoid the throes. He extended his ki’cti-pa and slashed through the throat of the next drone nearest, to his right. The drone’s death cry was garbled through its own thwei. A split second later, he jabbed the staff point through the jaws of another, twisted the sharp blade and dug a hole through the top of the skull. The weapon’s metal was proof against the Hard Meat’s thwei, but there was no time to hesitate and enjoy the kill—when you fought the ten thousand, you did so one at a time, but you also had to do so quickly—He thrust the spear’s butt back, hard, and knocked one behind him down, then turned and slashed its gut. Digest this, foolish creature! The ki’cti-pa blurred again, jammed backhand into yet another Hard Meat chest. The drone howled, fell, did not die but did not rise again. Acid pumped into the dark air, pooled, smoking. Dachande jumped forward, stabbed the throat of yet another, and then spun to meet the next. Death fell all around his feet as he and the Hard Meat danced.

Noguchi hurled herself after the warrior. Several of the bugs streamed from behind the shed and toward Broken Tusk. He stepped in to battle without hesitation. Too many of them, ten, twelve. She aimed at one of the bugs—and it was dead before she fired. She took aim again—and again, her target had fallen already. She took a step back, transfixed by the swift movements of the giant warrior. Here was no inexperienced novice; every step was measured, every strike timed and sure. Within the space of a few seconds, most of the bugs were down, dead or dying. She had enough training to recognize a Master when she saw one. This one’s skill had been gained in battle, against deadly enemies. Broken Tusk whirled and jabbed, crouched and slashed with precision and confidence. Never a misstep, never a hesitation. He was no dojo tiger, covered in padding and fighting for points. Wherever he had come from, they had a martial arts more complex and dangerous than any she’d ever seen. It was like a choreographed dance.

Now.. as for the speed of the Yautja, I know it has come into dispute but SmileyPredator's Yautja Feats thread posted more speed feats than I have ever posted in the past. You can find SmileyPredator's Yautja thread here: http://www.electricf...opic=26180&st=0

I even missed several feats from Cold War, a book I have and he's posted some feats which are from books I don't even have. Here are some excerpts from Cold War, some which I am sure you're familiar with.

(Part 2 on this post will be added...)

#22 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

The spear was snatched from his back by a shadowy, indistinct figure and the second man let loose with his AK-100, spraying bullets at the barely glimpsed spear-wielding killer.The thing moved so fast it almost seemed to be dodging the bullets as it turned and ran back down the canyon. The Russian charged after it, bellowing.
. . .
The creature holding the spead seemed to side-step the bullets easily.Then it jabbed the spear forward, and Gunin no longer worried about spikes or bullets, or anything else as the thing cut his heart out with a single quick gesture.After that, the alien disappeared, blurring into invisibility
. . .
"Those things are fast enough to dodge bullets, if they see them coming," Schaefer explained, "and even if you hit them, they're damn near bulletproof.”

Here's a feat showing that they could move faster than the human eye could comprehend, if not for a short moment.

As he did, the ruined door slammed open, and there were those things. Buyanov moaned.

"Devil!" Anatoli said.

Then, without warning, moving faster than human eyes could follow, the foremost of the three creatures rammed a spear through Anatoli's chest. Anatoli crumpled. With his lung pierced, he couldn't even manage a dying scream.

. . .
One of the creatures ran after him, moving inhumanly fast, so fast Buyanov could not properly follow the motion. As Dmitri's hand reached for the alarm handle, the thing's hand slammed down on the top of the Russian's head.

The point is Yautja are fast. Very fast. Faster than what the films show them to be and what anyone gives them credit for. I am not saying that he's faster than Edward, and I am willing to concede (*vulgarity*, I might as well... ) that Edward is faster, and with the telepathy... Yeah... I don't like it considering that it's Edward but *vulgarity*.. I'll concede that.

And to be fair on Skadoosh part, most the time he makes matches like these, he's not wholly aware of the characters (from what I've seen, despite what he says)..

Oh I'll give you that.. but at the same time I can't help but feel he's almost pulling a VCM on AvP characters like how VCM did two years ago. Of course, this is just me making my own observation but yours sounds more reasonable and more in the right than mine.

-Rakai'Thwei

#23 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

And to be fair on Skadoosh part, most the time he makes matches like these, he's not wholly aware of the characters (from what I've seen, despite what he says).

And I know that totally sounds like a dig, but it's not - it's an astute observation - though take it as you will, doesn't matter to me.

Acknowledging that it sounds like a dig makes it's not a dig, in my eyes, so i appreciate that. And you're right, i sometimes makes fights on this site with characters that i wouldn't say i was wholly aware of, but i have never made a match with a character that i didn't know anything about. I'd have to know a decent amount about 'em, otherwise i wouldn't know who the characters were or think they would make a good fight myself. For me, this site is just as much an educational site as it is an entertaining site. I get far more entertainment from this site than i do new information, but i look for both equally when on here, concerning things i know less about, regarding education, obviously.

Also, good points all round, guys. I have nothing but meh feelings toward Edward but he seems like decent prey for the best Yautja i know of.

#24 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

And you're right, i sometimes makes fights on this site with characters that i wouldn't say i was wholly aware of, but i have never made a match with a character that i didn't know anything about. I'd have to know a decent amount about 'em, otherwise i wouldn't know who the characters were or think they would make a good fight myself. For me, this site is just as much an educational site as it is an entertaining site. I get far more entertainment from this site than i do new information, but i look for both equally when on here, concerning things i know less about, regarding education, obviously.

In the case of Alien vs Predator characters, and this is coming from someone who has looked at a bulk of the EU, I would say that your knowledge is perhaps fairly miniscule when compared to someone who knows more about the franchises like myself. You've mentioned that you read the comics but really, the novels provide so much more detail about exactly WHO these characters are and WHAT they can actually do. If you thought that the comic version of Dachande makes him look like the Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee of Predators... then the novel version makes him look like the Ryu of Predators, and this is coming from someone who has looked at the interpretation of the character.

As Ivan has said, hearing about the feats and capabilities of the character and even researching them on websites really doesn't give you a direct and hard feel for the character whatsoever. You need to really read their stories and adventures, and from my understanding-- not a lot of people here on the CBUB or ElectricFerret have even bothered to look at the expanded universe and rely on only the films.

I know I've come off as an asshole but let me say that I am very invested in these characters and I would like to see them treated better. I mean whether or not you mean to do it, you do underhand these characters and it actually makes me resentful. Playing fields aren't leveled, one character has overwhelming advantage over the other... It actually makes me believe you don't either respect these characters, or really know that much about them.

Also, good points all round, guys. I have nothing but meh feelings toward Edward but he seems like decent prey for the best Yautja i know of.

Dachande is as I recall you, Skadoosh, saying that he is the Achilles of the Yautja race. He is considered within the fandom as the pinnacle of what Yautja could be in terms of skill and physical capabilities, though Scarface Predator and Smiley Predator are arguably a contender for that claim. But even I know what Dachande's limits are, and I strongly feel as if you could've picked a more respectable opponent.

It is so hard to take Edward very seriously.. because he's a terribly written character. He's a vampire who sparkles with spousal abusive tendencies that watches young women in their sleep. So really, can he be taken seriously? Only by the fangirls. And yet he has these abilities which.. would've complimented a much cooler character, would've made an excellent terrifying character but instead they belong to a sparkling buffoon.

Saying that he's decent prey is like saying Barney the Dinosaur is an apex predator (no pun intended) that is able to take on the likes of Gojira and King Kong-- or Dan Hibiki (who is a much more respectable character than Edward) finally beat Ryu, Ken and Akuma and is a real fighter.

For anyone to lose to Edward should be considered an insult and a shame.

Really, I would've preferred Dachande to take someone else on who would've been respectable like Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America.. But Edward?

I have no issues with Dachande losing a fight to someone more powerful or more skilled.. but Edward? I'm sorry but.. as a fan.. I'm genuinely offended. If you really wanted to do a Predator vs Twilight fight.. you could've done it as a Hunt rather than a straight up fight and given more equipment to better level the playing field.

-Rakai'Thwei

#25 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

The vampires can run hundreds of miles per hour in the Twilight books it says on that wiki link you provided. I agree on the strength part because it seems the author didn't care about the abilities too much. It seems she just came up with shit regarding the strength, speed, and the way vampires get different abilities.

#26 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

I agree on the strength part because it seems the author didn't care about the abilities too much. It seems she just came up with shit regarding the strength, speed, and the way vampires get different abilities.

Seriously, there is no way a Twilight vampire is a Class 100+.

Like I said, it would be easier to take Edward's body weight and multiply that by one hundred for a more accurate number. Class 100+ is just ridiculous. The best way we could calculate Edward's strength is to weight his body according to the height of a man who is 6''2... However, we also need to figure out if the Twilight vampires are heavier than humans considering they are more akin to granite.

So should we weight Edward with human weight or granite weight?

Either way, I don't think it's going to matter because I have a feeling either weight would be ridiculous for a Twilight vampire.

-Rakai'Thwei

#27 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Even if he could lift 350 tons...

He can't beat Thor, Supes or Goku. They can all fly and use their superior speed to bomb the shit out of him. I know that's irrelevant in this fight but still.

Poor Yautja.

#28 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Eh, most of the things the vamps have done in the novels in terms of strength have been portrayed as without any effort or anything - so while it's outrageous, the figure Meyers gives is definitely the maximum while we can just figure out the minimum as to give ourselves a range of what they're capable of - namely using Marvel's standards perhaps.

Though it goes without saying, they're definitely more powerful than even an Elder Yautja from what we've seen let alone what's been stated.

Edit: We can just use Rob's weight to factor out the twinkling twit's weight, seeing as the granite aspect is only applied to the vamps in terms of durability, not all its characteristics. So 150 lbs to 160 lbs multiplied by a factor of a hundred would be 15,000 lbs to 16,000 lbs or respectively 7.5 tons to 8 tons. Keep in mind, this should be taken as the bare minimum, not the maximum of what the vamps can do, specifically since we have newborns and Emmett in Twilight that showcase the fact.

#29 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

ARGH FUCK THE EDIT FUNCTION. -.-

I edited the prior post taking into account calculations and it didn't show, which was a paragraph or so long. >.> Annoying.

Edit: Oh I see - a hint: Whenever you hit edit, if you see any HTML coding in there, i.e. <p> or <b> or whatever the case may be, do not bother editing in there as it will not save. Exit it and come back into it til you do not see the coding any longer then it will save the edit.

#30 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

He doesn't have his manly man card yet. You only get that when you come of age.

Nah, you gotta smash.

And this rumble is a stomp. It's actually an injustice making Edward so powerful...

#31 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Eh, most of the things the vamps have done in the novels in terms of strength have been portrayed as without any effort or anything - so while it's outrageous, the figure Meyers gives is definitely the maximum

WHAT?!!

Just... WHAT?!!

So you're saying that a Twilight Vampire.. a sparking retard is potentially capable of lifting 350 tons maximum?!

WHAT?!!!

Though it goes without saying, they're definitely more powerful than even an Elder Yautja from what we've seen let alone what's been stated.

The strength debate of the Yautja has been settled and Skirmisher and I have determined that the potential of the Yautja reaching 10 to 16 tons is definitely there, either way however you look at it that potential is there, and very few Yautja have reached that potential. Now when you say that the Twilight Vampires are more powerful, I assume you're speaking about their overall potential.

Edit: We can just use Rob's weight to factor out the twinkling twit's weight, seeing as the granite aspect is only applied to the vamps in terms of durability, not all its characteristics. So 150 lbs to 160 lbs multiplied by a factor of a hundred would be 15,000 lbs to 16,000 lbs or respectively 7.5 tons to 8 tons. Keep in mind, this should be taken as the bare minimum, not the maximum of what the vamps can do, specifically since we have newborns and Emmett in Twilight that showcase the fact.

As much as all of that sounds reasonable, I find it hard to accept Robert Pattinson's weight for the calculations because well.. Robert Pattinson isn't Edward Cullen, he just plays him in the movies and this is the book version we're dealing with. I mean I understand the calculations very well and see where you're going with this. So, for now let's take your calculations based on Pattinson's weight... If those are correct, then those numbers would match up to an experienced Warrior ranking Yautja. Already they would be a match for moderately high ranking Yautja but Elders would be more powerful than the minimum for Twilight Vampires... But really that's the minimum? That's... I don't even have words to describe the disbelief and frustration I have comprehending this.

More and more I am hating Stephanie Meyer...

Poor Yautja.

They get no respect around here... No respect...

Damn you Skadoosh for thinking this was a good idea... Damn you. [Fist shake]

And this rumble is a stomp. It's actually an injustice making Edward so powerful...

A member with common sense here who recognizes that this fight is a stomp and an injustice!

And yes, it is an injustice for making the sparking buffoon so ridiculously overpowered!

*vulgarity* you, Stephanie Meyer, *vulgarity* you.

-Rakai'Thwei

#32 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

:lol:

#33 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'm sorry but I actually laughed at your smashing Meyers. It's rare for people to do that around here, making me laugh. :lol:

And keep in mind, it's potentially there but it's also potentially not there, regarding the strength. I'm just being safe lol. And I don't mean overall potential, I mean primarily their strength. It's Stephanie Meyers, they're gonna be kinda stupid anyways - but it's not outrageous outrageous as 350 tons or whatever but it's definitely past the minimum I put down with Rob's weight calc.

#34 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

This thread made me realize how much more I hate those f**king twilight vampires. Until this debate I didn't realize in the books that's how powerful they were. Damn so yea I was wrong on that Michael Corvin match. He is not on there level strength wise.

#35 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Funny thing is: The strength aspect was actually covered in more detail on that thread with Mike Corvin lol

So perhaps you missed it.

#36 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

LOL we didn't mention the thousand times more powerful then a human and stuff like what's been mentioned here. Yea we discussed it alot about the stopping the car and smashing the boulder but not that aspect that was mentioned in the books. God I hate these diamond skinned idiots.

#37 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Actually it was.

http://www.electricf...=60#entry374758

#38 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

:D

#39 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Oh okay your right and I was horriblely wrong. Damn Meyers.

#40 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Rakai, can you shut the hell up about your Preds? Skadoosh already made it pretty clear he doesn't give a shit about your feelings for the Predators, or how you're "offended" that he put a Pred against a Twilight Vampire. It's downright pathetic, and the Predators aren't good characters, they're straight out horrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users