• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Edward Cullen, book version

vs

Broken Tusk Predator, comic book version

They are fighting in a clearing in the middle of a large forest. They are fighting to the death. They know nothing of each other prior to the fight. Cullen is as he is in the books, and Broken Tusk is armed with his Wrist Blades and his Combi-Staff, along with his bio-mask and body-armor.

Opinions?

#2 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Whoa, slow down a bit with the matchups, skadoosh. You just posted four of them yesterday, and you've now posted four of them today. Give people time to discuss your current matchups and don't crowd out the others.

As for this matchup, I gotta think about it for a bit.

#3 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Is there a limit on how many Rumbles i'm allowed to make?

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Technically, no, but there is such thing as topic spamming. Tone things down a bit. Just sayin'.

#5 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Spam? You know what's spam? Andrew's lists. That's spam.

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Heh, true.

And Andrew knows he'll be banned if he makes another massive list or spams the forums with topics again.

#7 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Technically, no, but there is such thing as topic spamming. Tone things down a bit. Just sayin'.

This is not spam. These are spam:

Andrew's lists.

People don't always comment on every Rumble, anyway, and i was done, i'm not making anymore now. But if you want me to have a cap on the amount i put up then just say so, and, as long as i'm not limited to something ridiculous like one Rumble a week, i'll stick to it. Is that cool?

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

This is not spam.

It's close, hence the warning. Nowhere near Andrew's habits (which were almost inhuman, lol), but too many at one time just take up too much space and don't give anyone enough opportunity to really discuss them.

People don't always comment on every Rumble, anyway, and i was done, i'm not making anymore now. But if you want me to have a cap on the amount i put up then just say so, and, as long as i'm not limited to something ridiculous like one Rumble a week, i'll stick to it. Is that cool?

The populace of EF as a whole may be putting up few too many Rumbles up regularly, contributing to the problem of not enough actual discussion overall. Still, I don't really want to put a set limit per se (we all just want to have fun here, after all). All I saying is, use your best judgement.

Anyways, back to discussing this matchup, folks.

#9 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

I think he's more saying that you are hurting your rumbles by posting so many.

#10 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

At least you actually gave Dachande armor and weapons... But for numerous reasons, I really do not like this match up, or many of your recent rumbles fights involving AvP characters. So, I'm going to leave it at that. As for Edward Cullen.. out of all opponents, really? I mean... REALLY? Couldn't you have picked someone more... respectable as a character? I mean.. even the Annoying Orange is more respectable than Edward.

I am thankful that this a rumbles, because I still want to continue my Broken Tusk Predator arc... and I will in due time.

Having that said.... While Dachande has more fighting experience than Edward Cullen, and definitely far more skilled as far as technique and martial knowledge goes... Not to mention likely armor which would be able to withstand against Edward's blows.... The only weapons being effective would be the combi-staff, considering that the weapon discharges electricity upon contact, but Dachande-- as fast as he is, which is very fast.. Edward is perhaps faster, so Dachande will have to make his blows count.. So Dachande won't be landing many blows, but he'll land some. He's just gotta make it count. But what are the chances of that? Also, I'm only going off the movies to how the Twilight Vampires can move, and I am going off on how fast the Novel and Comic version of Broken Tusk can move (the novel and the comic are essentially the same story and characters to where they are interchangeable)-- and the novels and comic suggest he's faster than your average Predator... I mean in the novel, he was fast enough to kill twelve Aliens faster than Machiko can aim and fire, and in the comics it's virtually the same.

Ummmm... How fast are the Twilight retard-pires in the books when compared to the films?

-Rakai'Thwei

#11 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

Dued, Edward Culen is a respectabable character. His luv for bella brings a tear to my eye.

#12 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

Dued, Edward Culen is a respectabable character. His luv for bella brings a tear to my eye.

Alright, hand in your manly man membership card and forfeit your rights to reproduce and call yourself a man. :angry: :lol:

-Rakai'Thwei

#13 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

He doesn't have his manly man card yet. You only get that when you come of age.

#14 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

It's close, hence the warning. Nowhere near Andrew's habits (which were almost inhuman, lol), but too many at one time just take up too much space and don't give anyone enough opportunity to really discuss them.

The populace of EF as a whole may be putting up few too many Rumbles up regularly, contributing to the problem of not enough actual discussion overall. Still, I don't really want to put a set limit per se (we all just want to have fun here, after all). All I saying is, use your best judgement.

Anyways, back to discussing this matchup, folks.

Absolutely fair enough. Spam, in my experience, implies that i'm trolling, and i'm definitely not doing that, i'd never do that, i like this site, but i will limit myself and make sure i don't post too many Rumbles. What can i say? I just got a hit of who'd-win-in-a-fight-ness and couldn't help myself. I have a problem...

Anyway, have you come to a conclusion about the fight?

I think he's more saying that you are hurting your rumbles by posting so many.

I know, i get what he's saying. Do you have an opinion on this fight?

snip

I don't care if you or anyone else likes the fights i make, i care about who they think wins them and why. I don't think Edward is a respectable character at all, but he has the ability to be a formidable combatant, and i wanted to test him his combat capability. That's what this part of the site is for, after all. I haven't read the books, but i know someone who has and i've looked 'em up on the 'net, and on this site, too, and considering how skilled and physically powerful Broken Tusk is i thought it was only fair to use the better version of Edward here.

#15 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

If I remember correctly people told me the vampires were stronger in the books. Between Edward's speed, his telepathy, and the strength to land some solid blows its not looking good for the Predator. Yeah the Predator has his experience and skills but Edward as his physical advantages that give him the edge.

#16 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

If I remember correctly people told me the vampires were stronger in the books. Between Edward's speed, his telepathy, and the strength to land some solid blows its not looking good for the Predator. Yeah the Predator has his experience and skills but Edward as his physical advantages that give him the edge.

'Preciate the analysis, dude. Edward is indeed physically superior in the books. Do you reckon he can break the Yautjas armor, though?

#17 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I don't care if you or anyone else likes the fights i make, i care about who they think wins them and why. I don't think Edward is a respectable character at all, but he has the ability to be a formidable combatant, and i wanted to test him his combat capability.

My problem with your rumbles is that you have a tendency to really underhand the AvP characters, and give the other guys overwhelming advantages. I mean don't get me wrong, the Dlex weapons which Dachande has more than likely can cut through the granite skin and Dachande is probably somewhere in the 10 to 16 ton range in strength based on what we've seen Veteran and Elder Predators perform on average, and while Dachande is far more skilled and has the better experience.. still, you could've leveled this better by at least giving him a plasma caster to better deal with Edward... I mean... even in the books mentioned that the only way to kill a Twitard vampire is to dismember and burn the body. Dachande's weapons can dismember Edward, if he can hit him, and seeing as fast as Dachande can move-- even for a Predator, which is very fast (the Alien vs Predator and Predator novels depict the Yautja moving faster than in the films).. he's got to deal with Edward's telepathy and moderately superior speed.

I haven't read the books, but i know someone who has and i've looked 'em up on the 'net, and on this site, too, and considering how skilled and physically powerful Broken Tusk is i thought it was only fair to use the better version of Edward here.

Rather than rely on here-say and third party sources, why don't you actually go and pick up Prey? It's a really good book, and considered the definitive bible for all things Yautja. You shouldn't really look up information on the Yautja anywhere else online, as the only reliable site Yautja Encyclopedia, died when Geocities shut down. However it is archived over at: http://www.oocities.com/gunsandgod/ but be forewarned.. You MIGHT want to have strong Anti-Virus protection before browsing that site..

Has anyone even calculated the strength of a Twi-tard vampire? Let's get that out of the way before we can say who is stronger here.

Edward is indeed physically superior in the books. Do you reckon he can break the Yautjas armor, though?

Considering that high grade Dlex is roughly comparable to secondary Adamantium and extremely resiliant.. Not likely. And considering that Elders, which is the rank Dachande is, usually wear that kind of armor as their primary set of protection.. Edward would have to be as strong as the Hulk to damage something like that.

-Rakai'Thwei

#18 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

I didn't ask why you don't like my Rumbles. See above. When i said books i meant the Twilight books. A lot of my information on the Twilight books comes from the 'net, mostly here on this very site, and a friend of mine who's read them. I've read the AVP comics with Broken Tusk, and a whole load more, too. I never get information on AVP from the 'net or anything i haven't read myself.

#19 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I didn't ask why you don't like my Rumbles. See above.

All I am saying is that you could be treating the AvP characters, be they Human, Xenomorph or Predator with more respect than you're giving them.

When i said books i meant the Twilight books. A lot of my information on the Twilight books comes from the 'net, mostly here on this very site, and a friend of mine who's read them. I've read the AVP comics with Broken Tusk, and a whole load more, too. I never get information on AVP from the 'net or anything i haven't read myself.

Alright then, you should have clarified that then. Good job in avoiding the Twilight books, I don't get how anyone can read that drivel and actually call it literature. I do feel sorry for your friend who has read them, and I have to ponder if they have any resemblance of rational thought and sanity left. As for the Twilight information on the net... I have found a Twilight Wiki.. however having never read the books.. I actually have to question the information on the Wikia..

Regarding a Twilight Vampire's strength.. and just looking this up angers me.. Uuuuh.. I've actually been able to calculate how strong they are based on comparisons to Real Life Human Athletes... So I am going to be handing out two links for everyone to compare..

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4255 - Strength Explanation for Human Athletes

http://twilightsaga....om/wiki/Vampire - Physical Stats Information on Twi-tard Vampires..

According to the Wiki, this is what it says:

A vampire is said to be thousands of times stronger than any human, able to lift objects hundreds of times their own weight.

Now, I am unsure if these calculations of mine are correct.. Because it would be more accurate to figure out Edward's weight and then calculate that strength by times one hundred at the very least. And already... these calculations for a Twi-tard vampire are... either downright wrong, miscalculated, inaccurate based on the numbers I have worked with.. and because of that... I am in disbelief.. So... here we go.

Let's take power lifter Tom Boyle's lifting feat of 700 Pounds. Now, we're going to multiply that with the former number based on the statement of the vampires being a thousand times stronger than your average Human being.

So that's... 700 x 1,000 = 700,000 Lbs...

....That's 350 tons.... And I find those numbers to be bullshit.

Already there are some serious, serious problems with this calculation and even I find it to be either... inaccurate based on the estimations I worked with, or Stephanie Meyer really went out of her *vulgarity*ing way to make sure someone like Edward would be able to beat the Hulk, Thor, Superman and Goku.

As mentioned, it would be far more accurate to do the calculations based on Edward's weight and multiply that... I am no mathematician or even good at math at all but even I know Edward Cullen is not that *vulgarity*ing strong.

-Rakai'Thwei

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Well, they're capable of mangling humans with their mere grip (iirc they have to exercise great care not to do so...), and the twinkling twit's stopped a truck from flattening Bella (Oh how I wish it did.) with relative ease - actually, effortlessly. I think a punch from one has shattered a boulder too - so the figure from your calculation might be ridiculous, but it's evident that the vamps are likely stronger than even Dachande.

And from what I understand, the Twi-vamps are insanely fast, usually faster than humans can see? And Edward's even faster than that - so odds are with his mental reading capability which has enabled him to deftly evade other vamps attacks, Dachande is never going to lay a hand on him, considering Dachande is not anywhere close to the average Twivamp's speed, more so even with Ed's.

Even then with all this: No, Edward will not be able to defeat Superman, Goku, or even Hulk and Thor:P

And to be fair on Skadoosh part, most the time he makes matches like these, he's not wholly aware of the characters (from what I've seen, despite what he says).

And I know that totally sounds like a dig, but it's not - it's an astute observation - though take it as you will, doesn't matter to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users