• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

This is completely optional but this thread is where you can post little stories about your characters.

I'll have one of Deardra up soon

#2 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

It was hazy. Loud. Chaotic. Violence. Gunfire. Explosions. Screams. It was brutal, it was harsh. It was music to his ears. That's how he had felt. Day in, day out, with his squad. His men. It was glorious. Until it wasn't. He recalled it so well.

They were facing an unknown enemy. No idea of how many of them there were nor what they brought to play with. That didn't phase them though. After all, that was almost routine. Men evolve to their surroundings after all.

Going down a street in standard formation, eyes narrowed to try and see through the hazy, smoky atmosphere around them, they heard a loud crash from the north. "Enemy is front." One called out. The rest found cover and aimed their weapons. The next few seconds seemed to take hours...adrenaline and hearts pumping. Out of the smoke came an animal. Everyone exhaled breaths they didn't realize they were holding. "Animal." Several of them reported. That...that was when it went to hell. A deafening boom. Before they even knew what was happening, half the squad was dead and gone in less time it takes to blink. Fire seemed to rain down from all directions. Men he had known, led and trusted and yes...even loved in his own way...were cut down one after another. He would have been too, had not he been knocked unconscious by another blast, assumed dead.

He had woken, he had gotten picked up later. He wished any of the rest had switched places with him. Their faces, all of them staring at him, forever seared into his brain. Their ranks, their names, never forgotten. He had led them into that massacre. He had lived on the glory of battle. Now he was disillusioned by the horrors of war. As time passed, he was never the same. Something had broke in him that day.

And yet...he continued his service. He didn't have anything else he knew how to do. At least, not as well. He kept fighting, kept training others what he knew, tried to keep what had happened from ever happening again to the best of his ability. It was said once that if a man thrives...no, lives for battle and likes it...then he never truly cares for anything else thereafter.

The worst part of it? He knew deep down that it was true. He had never cared for his men as much as the battle. Regardless of what happened, he could never deny it, as much as he wanted to. Despite that event and all the self-hate, despair and self reflection it had brought, as he couldn't help but recall a time when everything was so much brighter.

Day in, day out, he wondered whether the next mission would be his last. Ever curious about whether the disillusioned veteran would be able to see his men again, in whatever life awaited them after death. Day in, day out, he made sure it wasn't. He deserved to be punished for what had happened, his failure. To say he was a troubled man was understatement. And that's why he didn't talk about his past. He was a marine, not a walking pity party. He didn't want anyone's sympathy. He didn't deserve it.

-----------

Yeah...just felt like posting something to give this thread some love. I know it's cliche and such but still...something should be here.

#3 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

It's appreciated Nova.

Reminded me of the scene from Battle LA, I'll post a character story soon as soon as I finnish another project.

#4 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Here goes mine a bit sappy but it tells a lot about what it was like for Deardra growing up.

There are a few frequent questions I've always been asked as I've grown. Why did you decide to become a pilot? What's it like being a human/Pantheurian hybrid? How is it having famous figures for parents? I'll try to answer each of these questions in this narrative, and leave you to draw your own conclusions about things.

My parents have always been supportive of me and never once did either of them try to pressure me to follow in my father's footsteps I decided that myself. Both of them never ceased to amaze me more so the older and more mature I got when the deeper meanings of their stories they would tell me began to sink in. Shmirdra my mother was a proud Pantheurian woman, and famous for being the one who killed Captain Kosh.

She had once been a pirate under Kosh's command and she had no end of stories of raids, boarding actions and the boisterous celebrations that would follow them. She told me how far into the darkness she had allowed her to slip and told me of many who slipped in and never came out, and from her I got a strong moral compass taking the warnings of her tales to heart. Shmirdra still bore the scars of those dark days her ear had a notch cut into it acquired during a raid aboard a freighter; at times she would fiddle with it as if it still pained her.

My father had been a starfighter pilot during the Sh'ra were where he served with distinction was scarred too, though his were more on the inside, he'd lost a lot from the war family and friends among those things lost. From him I learned that war was a hellish thing but at times it was necessary to fight for the right to exist. He told me off fierce battles among the stars and over strange planets against a foe that was relentless.

From a young age I realized my parents were like a toy that had been damaged and put back together it’s still good but you could tell it had been broken once. That's the best way I can think of to describe them, and they would remind me that they were what put them back together. Love. A concept every species knows, theirs saved each other; mom from her criminal path and for dad it saved him from the hollow thing the war had made him.

Perhaps what makes my parents famous is the death of Captain Kosh, an interesting tale of itself, many times people we'd never met would wish to interview my parents about the experience both of them playing key roles. It's an interesting story for another time and one which is becoming well known.

I learned a lot about my human and Pantheurian heritage from them, I was taught to embrace both sides and I took pride in them. Though there are times even now I'm not sure if I should call myself a human or a Pantheurian. It was something I was told not to worry about yet I always do.

I was pleasantly surprised to find myself assigned to a ship named after my father's old squadron. I'm probably not going to be as famous as mom or dad but I know I'm going to make them proud and that at least I'll find satisfying. The ship and I have something common we've got big shoes to fill let's make them proud.

#5 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Dossier: Anders Steel-Fist

Sources: Recovered documents from Spears intel and journals/anecdotes

Pseudonym(s): Assassin\

Biography: Anders Steel-Fist was born in modest, but not in squalor, conditions under “clan” Steel-Fist. By the time he reached puberty, the then youngster thought about doing something about his community. He discovered, but not revealed, a small association of assassins called the Spears. Steel-Fist eventually became an elite member of the Spears as he climbed the ranks with his skills and proficiencies. He also took the opportunity to romantically invest in a fellow member, Helen “Hellhound” Valeria. Though her whereabouts are currently unknown, Anders doubts that she is still alive, despite her being skilled as well.

The Spears were established on Earth, though they had eyes in the colonies for surveillance purposes. The group of assassins had a flawless record until the armed forces discovered them. Though the guild attempted to evade the forces, they found out that they had no choice but to fight. The group had the advantage in the first half of the combat; they eventually tired out when they ran low on resources, giving the armed forces the upper hand in the second half of the conflict.

Combat and practical styles: Anders Steel-Fist is adept at street fighting and urban combat; this warrior also developed skill in freerunning and parkour, making him able to overcome obstacles in his path while either fleeing or chasing a target. Though he is normally averse to non-silent weaponry, Steel-Fist can and will use whatever weapons that will give the upper hand when it comes to full-fledged battle. He is also not above underhanded techniques when it comes to full combat.

Skills: During his time-off and breaks, Steel-Fist attempted to learn multiple languages that his human anatomy will allow to learn. His reasons for learning a multitude of languages are for secrecy and so that he can eavesdrop with skill when they are speaking in a different language. Steel-Fist has also a peak human physique due to the physically demanding abilities. Other than physical stealth, he learned “social stealth” to help blend in the crowd.

Personality: Before becoming a Spear, he was an optimist who hoped for the best. His time with the Spears shaped him into a calculating assassin who thinks nothing short of his duty. No fear, remorse, or guilt did stray him from doing his duty. His loyalty became his strongest personality trait, especially to the codes of conduct and honor the Spears have taught him. One outstanding tenet was to avoid attacking or killing innocents of any kind. Another is not to become an aggressor—the target must have done a great deal of malevolent acts before becoming a candidate of assassination. After the break-up of the Spears after their disastrous defeat, he became much more reserved and secretive, not wanting anyone to find out, lest he becomes discovered. He was able to get by undetected, as few, if any people, know who he is, other than family and fellow former members.

Preferred Kill Methods: His methods of assassination, other than using a silenced sniper rifle or hidden blade, involve the element of surprise and quick martial arts. His unarmed executions depend on the species of the opponent, observations, and circumstances.

Hypothetical methods:

Human and Rhysellens: Rear approach, check shoulder to prevent turning, hands to chin and base of skull, neck-snap. Alternate: Check and grab shoulder, arm around throat, grip jaw, single-arm neck-snap.

Pantheurian and Daedalian: Side approach, throat-punch to stun, arm control lock to neutralize claws, advanced hip throw, grip chin and scalp, neck-snap or smash jaws. Alternate: Rear approach, step past, kick to back of leg to collapse knee, step in with yank to tail, grip chin and scalp, neck-snap.

Xyl: Using side approach, low kick to knee, grab wings and pull into broken-leg lock as leg stiffens in pain response, finger-stab below the beak (if unarmored) or eye, grab head fringe, slam face into the ground to shatter the beak. Alternate: Rear approach, paired punches to vulnerable areas in the back, drop-elbow to nape, front-leg sweep while vaulting over target, head crunch.

Selurian: Using a rear approach, disable tail, and strike to the back multiple times, takedown with blow to base of neck. Alternate: Side approach, avoid tail, quick jab to eyes to blind, strike to chest to knock off feet, finish with a strong stomp to chest to compress lungs.

GE (Genetically Engineered soldier) : Top approach, double-strike to eye areas, slide down between blinded target's rising arms, precision nerve strike to throat, secondary nerve strike to counter retaliation and rage, groin-kick to bend target, grip each side of skull, running leaping spinning neck-snap, using the momentum against the enemy. Alternate: Bombs, preferably with radioactive material.

Sh’ra: Using a rear approach, yank tail to disorient, strike to clawed appendages, wrestle down and snap the jaws. Alternate: Top approach, pounce down with all weight, repeated jabs to nape.

(OOC NOTE: Dossier should bear familiarity to some)

#6 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

@Hewhofights: You're going to find performing an assassination on a Daedalian/Pantheurian very difficult, they'll know you're there before you're in range. Best just to snipe them.

#7 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hmm...I'm getting a Thane Krios vibe from a fair amount of that story. Am I the only one?

#8 Doom

Doom

RP Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

*Place Holder here*

#9 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

@Merc: The methods I listed are the last resort methods. He primarily uses silenced firearms and blade work for the assassination jobs. Unarmed is when push comes to shove.

#10 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

I have something, just not finished with it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users