• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Also there is nobody on Team two to stop Rachel Summers and Psylocke from shutting them down with telepathy.

Edit: They also have something with the powers of Arthur Light as well in addition to Magneto. Easy win for Team one.

#22 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Didn't Magneto's shield withstand a blast from Galactus? A weak one, but still, I think he could stand up to something Iron Man could throw at him

If he has done so then i am unaware of it and have never heard of it happening. Iron Man can be extremely powerful, depending on the armor, and Magneto will be distracted by the myriad other combatants fighting him anyway.

Also, Dr Strange can straight up cancel anything the opposition throws at him, and blink them out of existence, blast them all to pieces, etc. He could solo this. And Rogue can use other peoples powers, which could be a significant help.

#23 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yeah unless this is Supreme Dr.Strange he won't be doing alot of the stuff you say. Strange won't be winning anything here by himself. Rogue needs to touch other people to use their powers. Magneto actually did block a blast from Galactus and that scan has been shown multiple times on CBUB in the past because it constantly gets brought up. Seriously Rogue can be knocked out before she even touches anybody by a telepathy blast, Cyclops,the mutant with Arthur light abilities, and others. Rogue unless she touches somebody won't be a factor. Magneto won't be distracted by the others. Rachel Summers and Psylocke can shut their minds down as soon as the battle begins. Phazar if that doesn't work with the others on the team are more then capable of keeping the rest busy. However like I said nothing to stop Rachel Summers and Psylocke from shutting down most of Team 2 with telepathy. The only two who telepathy won't work against is Ironman since we know he has defenses for that and Strange.

#24 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Strange could take out the entire opposing team in a similar manner, though. He is vastly superior to everyone here. And i only brought up Rogue then because i hadn't before.

#25 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Didn't Magneto's shield withstand a blast from Galactus? A weak one, but still, I think he could stand up to something Iron Man could throw at him

Yeah, but Iron Man broke through Galactus' shield and hurt him. In his classic armor. Starving Galactus is basically everyone's bitch.

#26 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Also, Dr. Strange can shield multiple people from telepathy.

#27 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, but Iron Man broke through Galactus' shield and hurt him. In his classic armor.

Huh. Didn't know that.

#28 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

#29 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

if you think about Phazar's powers he can take any energy that requires some sort of light and use it as his own will. He can also take dormant energy out of someone and use it, similar to Dr. Light taking Superboys heat vision out of his body.

#30 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, but Iron Man broke through Galactus' shield and hurt him. In his classic armor. Starving Galactus is basically everyone's bitch.

Also, Dr. Strange can shield multiple people from telepathy.

Thank you. Strange would give his team the win.

#31 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Magneto could give his team the win just as easily as Strange could. Easier, in fact.

#32 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Strange can do far more than Magneto, though. His powers surpass those of Magneto, at least in versatility.

#33 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Iron Man could vaporize Magneto with one of his many lasers, providing he's in one of his more advanced magnetism-proof armors, Dr Strange could do almost anything he wanted to Magneto with a thought, and Storm, Havok, Iron Fist and Mrs Marvel all also have the power to take Magneto down, from various ranges. There are plenty of powers being thrown at Magneto, and he can only defend himself from some of them, and he certainly can't tank any of them, in the doses they'll be thrown at him in.

Also, if any of them, and the rest of their teammates, distract Magneto for long enough then the others could attack him freely, and if Iron Man isn't in a magnetism-proof armor then distracting Magneto would be a high priority.

magneto's shield would stop all of them as for strange magneto could kill him even more easly with a thought .
ironfist is laughable magneto could stop the hearts of everyone on the team in the time one of them could attack

#34 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image

#35 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

magneto's shield would stop all of them as for strange magneto could kill him even more easly with a thought .
ironfist is laughable magneto could stop the hearts of everyone on the team in the time one of them could attack

Strange can affect the people behind the shields, and can stop hearts just as easily as Magneto can.

#36 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Strange can affect the people behind the shields, and can stop hearts just as easily as Magneto can.

strange has to think and concentrate to cast spells if something was to block his brain signals from telleng his body to speak the spell or do the proper jestures then strange is powerless magneto is more the capable of doing this.

#37 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

And while he's concentrating on Strange doing that, then he could easily be dealt with by an Iron Fist or a repulsor ray. Also, if Iron Man has his anti-mag shield (which he should) then Mags isn't gonna be able to stop his heart, blood flow, or anything else directly affecting him. I'm pretty sure he can put out enough firepower to overtake Magneto's shield, or at least prevent him from doing anything else while someone else finishes the job.

#38 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

strange has to think and concentrate to cast spells if something was to block his brain signals from telleng his body to speak the spell or do the proper jestures then strange is powerless magneto is more the capable of doing this.

No more than Magneto has to in order to use his powers. He could also block Magnetos brain signals, among many, many other things.

Also, this:

And while he's concentrating on Strange doing that, then he could easily be dealt with by an Iron Fist or a repulsor ray. Also, if Iron Man has his anti-mag shield (which he should) then Mags isn't gonna be able to stop his heart, blood flow, or anything else directly affecting him. I'm pretty sure he can put out enough firepower to overtake Magneto's shield, or at least prevent him fro doing anything else while someone else finishes the job.

#39 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Just to be clear you have other people on the X-Men side besides Mags. So dont forget to include the others in this debate

#40 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Oh, sure, but Magneto is their biggest gun. His power surpasses that of most of his teammates in sheer destructive ability and versatility, and his experience and ruthlessness surpasses them all. But Strange surpasses him in both power and intellect, which is why he wins it for his team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users