#1 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Scott Summer sat on his bunk in his cold dark cell. A guard stood at the door mocking Summers. “So much for the great mutant hope! You went and killed Xavier and now humans and mutants alike cant stand you.” the guard said with spit projecting from his lips. “You’re worthless mutant trash! You’re gonna rot in here til you die. Which judging by the beating you gave the other inmates won’t be long.” Summers just sat there taking the blunt of the man’s verbal abuse. He began to spell out something in the metallic dust on the floor. The guard yelled, “ What are you doing? What’s that say?” “Calmly Summer says, “It says now and I suggest you move.” In anger the guard began to speak but was cut off when the door broke off and hit him in the face. Summers stood up and walked out of his cell. Alarms were blaring throughout the prison. Guards stormed into the wing. All of them began yelling for Summers to get on the ground. Scott got on his knees with his hands behind his head. About that time the warden came into the room. Speaking with a hint of amusement in his voice, “My oh my. What do we have here? Where exactly did you plan on going from here? You couldn’t have thought you would actually be able to escape without your powers did you?” At that moment the light on his power inhibitor collar flickered from red to green and it broke in two, falling to the floor. The helmet he wore broke into pieces. The warden stood shocked and speechless. The other guards clambered over one another to escape the room. A glow could bee seen, forming behind Scott’s eyelids. Summers smiled and said, “Out of my way.” The warden lunged as Scott opened his eyes.

Magneto had been busy over the last month. He had been avoiding the Avengers with the help of Abigail Brand. He had been gathering mutants that believed in Summers and himself. Scott had a plan but he knew that he couldn’t accomplish it alone. Magneto had contacted Namor first but Namor quickly declined since Wakanda had declared war on Atlantis. Namor felt his attention was needed elsewhere. Since then, he had found more success with other individuals. Magneto believed strongly in the plan Summer’s had told him and only him so far. That plan was what had brought Magneto here today. He now hovered high in the air, watching over the prison Scott was being held in. Magik was to his left and Danger to his right. Both held in the air by Magneto. Eric had been manipulating events inside the prison. As the trio waited, and explosion ripped through the prison. A crimson blast erupted from the side of the mountain. Magneto spoke with certain confidence, “Well ladies, I do believe that is our queue.” With that Magik raised her soul sword in the air and the three of them teleported down to Summers.

Just as they were about to leave, a blast rocked the platform in front of them. Iron Man came flying towards them and landed on a platform. A Quinjet landed behind on the platform as well. As it opened, a host of Avengers stepped out. Tony said, “Stop now! You can’t win!” Havok spoke up, “Scott, please stop this. You have to see what your doing is wrong.” Angrily Scott interrupted, “This is wrong? Trying to preserve our own race is wrong? While I hate the way it came about, I am pleased with the results. I would rather be wrong than a traitor to my own species.” “Have it your way Summers. Avengers assemble!” Tony yelled. Magneto replied, “I’ve been planning for just such an occasion.” At that time Magik disappeared an reappeared a second later with a slew of mutants.

Cyclops, Magneto, Magik, Danger, Rachel Summers, Cable, Avalanche, Psylocke, Sebastian Shaw, Angel, Ice Man, Domino, Deadpool, Warpath, Phazar, Cyclone

Both below are new mutants I made up
(Phazar has the powers of Arthur Light from DC at full potential)

(Cyclone has the powers of Red Tornado from DC at full potential)

VS

Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, Havok, Rogue, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Spiderman, Beast, Hank Pym, Iron Fist, Thing, Storm, Spider Woman, Doctor Strange, Ms. Marvel

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Learn More About
X-Men
Read more about X-Men at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Uncanny X-Men.net IMDb

The Avengers
Read more about The Avengers at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Marvel.com IMDb

#3 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

This is just a way I could see Scott breaking out and some of the possible mutants that may join him.

#4 El Wookiee

El Wookiee

Cannon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Ummm, question.
Why is Rouge on the Avengers team?

#5 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Ummm, question.
Why is Rouge on the Avengers team?

she is now on the Uncanny Avengers team along with Wolverine, Havok, and just learned Sunfire is today but I had already planned the match

#6 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

This seems pretty close, in my eyes. I'll have to think about it and see what other people say, but i am leaning towards the second team.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Okay setup. Gone have to think this one through as well before voting. Either team could take it.

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Anybody else wonder why the comics very often place Havok on a team other than Scott's?

Anyways, good set-up, LEGACY. Looks like Marvel's gearing up for yet another major event. As for the match, based on sheer power alone, it looks like Cycylop's team takes this.

#9 Guest_billybobjoejohnsonthornton_*

Guest_billybobjoejohnsonthornton_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

there are really too many varibales to decide who would win. i mean, come on. 37 people fighting? But i guess i would give an edge to the avengers becasue you gave them all the good xmen :P

#10 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

It is pretty close, but i'm going with team two. They have more sheer power, but only just, i think, and the street levels are more skilled than their opponents, too. It would be a tough battle, but the second team wins in the end.

Also, i'll give you a C for the set up. It's pretty blocky, you should break it up more, and while you have dialogue and changes of scene they aren't spread out enough, hence the blockyness. Also, it's a bit short, but then again, that's the effect of blockyness. It is a pretty cool set up, but i think you can do better.

#11 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

magneto could almost solo

#12 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
C
A
C
SCORE
X-Men: 9
The Avengers: 16
FPA: 2.7

#13 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

magneto could almost solo

Not even at all.

#14 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Actually, Magneto could decimate the majority of the Avengers team himself.

#15 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Aye. Magneto is insanely powerful and knows how to utilize his capabilities to a devastating effect - he's definitely capable of turning the tide to his team's favor.

#16 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Not even at all.

and who on the avengers team is going to stop him.

#17 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Iron Man could vaporize Magneto with one of his many lasers, providing he's in one of his more advanced magnetism-proof armors, Dr Strange could do almost anything he wanted to Magneto with a thought, and Storm, Havok, Iron Fist and Mrs Marvel all also have the power to take Magneto down, from various ranges. There are plenty of powers being thrown at Magneto, and he can only defend himself from some of them, and he certainly can't tank any of them, in the doses they'll be thrown at him in.

Also, if any of them, and the rest of their teammates, distract Magneto for long enough then the others could attack him freely, and if Iron Man isn't in a magnetism-proof armor then distracting Magneto would be a high priority.

#18 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Iron Man could vaporize Magneto with one of his many lasers, providing he's in one of his more advanced magnetism-proof armors, Dr Strange could do almost anything he wanted to Magneto with a thought, and Storm, Havok, Iron Fist and Mrs Marvel all also have the power to take Magneto down, from various ranges. There are plenty of powers being thrown at Magneto, and he can only defend himself from some of them, and he certainly can't tank any of them, in the doses they'll be thrown at him in.

Also, if any of them, and the rest of their teammates, distract Magneto for long enough then the others could attack him freely, and if Iron Man isn't in a magnetism-proof armor then distracting Magneto would be a high priority.

people should take into account phazar and cyclone as well

#19 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

I can't speak as much for them as i'm more familiar with the other combatants.

#20 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Iron Man could vaporize Magneto with one of his many lasers, providing he's in one of his more advanced magnetism-proof armors,

Didn't Magneto's shield withstand a blast from Galactus? A weak one, but still, I think he could stand up to something Iron Man could throw at him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users