• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

http://i253.photobuc...apocvsnamor.jpg
http://i253.photobuc...pocvsnamor1.jpg
http://i253.photobuc...pocvsnamor2.jpg

Flee Apocalypse. FLEE.

Only if its purely physical. If Apoc uses his other abilities...well I don't think the whole of the Atlantean Empire would take well to that.

reed richards has traded blows with namor for a short bit without losing.
i guess thats because namor was throwing cars at reed and not coffee tables lol.
apocalypse stood up to people like loki and the full force of the inhumans and x-factor at the same time and laughed at them but namor takes him down with a damn coffee table lol.

#22 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

reed richards has traded blows with namor for a short bit without losing.
i guess thats because namor was throwing cars at reed and not coffee tables lol.
apocalypse stood up to people like loki and the full force of the inhumans and x-factor at the same time and laughed at them but namor takes him down with a damn coffee table lol.

That's a low-end feat. Namor has plenty of incredibly impressive feats, especially underwater. Plus, as shown by Nova Force Nova, Namor has fought and beaten off Apocalypse once before.

Apocalypse physically subdued an enraged Hulk -.- If that's not "physically significant", then I don't know what is.

The Hulk has vastly varying levels of strength, so that could be either a virtually or entirely moot point or a winning argument by itself, depending on how strong the Hulk was at the time, and what exactly subduing him consisted of.

What i said about Namor at first at first -

Namor is stronger than Apocalypse, but surely the myriad other abilities the latter has should give him the win here..?

- and what these two have said -

he'd win a strictly physical battle underwater. Unless Apocalypse smacked him out, of course.

http://i253.photobuc...apocvsnamor.jpg
http://i253.photobuc...pocvsnamor1.jpg
http://i253.photobuc...pocvsnamor2.jpg

Flee Apocalypse. FLEE.

Only if its purely physical. If Apoc uses his other abilities...well I don't think the whole of the Atlantean Empire would take well to that.

- all sum up my thoughts of this, both before and currently. Namor could win this fight if Apocalypse doesn't use his other powers to any great affect. If he does, then he wins.

#23 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

That's a low-end feat. Namor has plenty of incredibly impressive feats, especially underwater. Plus, as shown by Nova Force Nova, Namor has fought and beaten off Apocalypse once before.

The Hulk has vastly varying levels of strength, so that could be either a virtually or entirely moot point or a winning argument by itself, depending on how strong the Hulk was at the time, and what exactly subduing him consisted of.

What i said about Namor at first at first -

- and what these two have said -

- all sum up my thoughts of this, both before and currently. Namor could win this fight if Apocalypse doesn't use his other powers to any great affect. If he does, then he wins.

any version of green hulk is stronger then namor.

#24 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Except for the one Namor KO'd, I imagine?

#25 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Except for the one Namor KO'd, I imagine?

no that hulk was still stronger namor was just faster more skilled and had field advantage.
apocalypse completely overpowered hulk and choked him out.

#26 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

I am not convinced current Namor could defeat Apocalypse or even last a few minutes. Sorry but Marvel seems to have depowered him a bit in recent years. The fact Wolverine could battle him out of water and Luke Cage could do the same underwater proves that. Namor should have been capable of bitch-smacking both of them. Namor fought a earlier version of Hulk in the past that wasn't as powerful as he would come to be years later.

Poor Namor. However in his defense he isn't the only character to suffer such a fate.

#27 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

any version of green hulk is stronger then namor.

FUNNY JOKE.

#28 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

FUNNY JOKE.

it's the truth the thing is as strong as namor on land if not stronger and green hulk is stronger than them both.

#29 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Sadly I haven't seen anything recently for me to believe Namor could take any Hulk in a fight except for maybe the original Shehulk. Even that's a maybe because she was able to fight Red Hulk, give Sentry a few hits that knocked him to the ground in shock, rip Ultron to shreds, and face other heavy hitters. Namor keeps getting made a ass out of by people he should wipe the floor with.

Hopefully that all changes.

#30 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah...Namor has owned Red Hulk, held his own against Sentry and faced other heavy hitters as well. :|

#31 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

it's the truth the thing is as strong as namor on land if not stronger and green hulk is stronger than them both.

No. Namor is more than capable of taking out the Thing and the Hulk. The Hulk would only be a problem for him a decent amount further up the strength-and-anger scale, obviously.

Sadly I haven't seen anything recently for me to believe Namor could take any Hulk in a fight except for maybe the original Shehulk. Even that's a maybe because she was able to fight Red Hulk, give Sentry a few hits that knocked him to the ground in shock, rip Ultron to shreds, and face other heavy hitters.

Namor is more than capable of taking on, and taking down, the Hulk, She-Hulk and many other physical powerhouses.

Also, this:

Namor has owned Red Hulk, held his own against Sentry and faced other heavy hitters as well. :|

#32 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Yeah after what I saw with Thing and Luke Cage I am not convinced he could defeat current Hulk who is more powerful then before. When did Namor take on Sentry? Red Hulk I will give him credit I do remember him giving Red Hulk a good fight.

Honestly with Marvel now lets see how powerful Namor will be now. Are they keeping his history or is he getting a reboot? Marvel has been very bad with telling us this information for certain characters.

#33 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Namor never owned Red Hulk. He hit Rulk a few times then punched him out of the water when Ross didn't fight back.

#34 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

A lot of the difference in feats is the result of different writers rather than Namor or any other characters actually differing in power.

#35 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

Posted Image

To be fair, he's powered up by Phoenix here. But still, owned. With one arm.

As for Sentry...

http://media.comicvi..._copy_super.jpg
http://burnallzombie...ge-13.jpg?w=592
http://media.comicvi...4/1981055-2.jpg

Yeah, Namor can hold his own. Not beat, because Sentry has his power of a million exploding suns, but can hold his own. Yeah, that ram that pushes Namor back alot, doesn't faze him. Cue bus thrown at Sentry. Heh.

#36 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

That fight with Red Hulk doesn't count then since Namor has the phoenix power which greatly increased his power and gave him extra abilities. This is regular Namor we are talking about it here. Those scans don't show Namor beating Sentry or really show anything. Namor only throws one punch in one and the other Namor along with Sentry fly through the air. That's it. In that fight I don't remember seeing Namor do anything to Sentry to suggest he could take him or hold his own if Sentry went full out in the fight.

#37 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

If he was on Thing's level, his punch wouldn't have done anything to Sentry, just like Grimm's. But it did.

#38 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Thing tried hitting a stable minded Sentry if I remember correctly whose power level was much higher. That's the difference. Namor was fighting a Sentry less stable minded and whose power level wasn't as high. Namor is on Thing's level since Thing defeated him it seems. Luke Cage I guess according to Marvel isn't far off either if Namor couldn't put him down with once punch and Cage was able to fight back.

Marvel doesn't keep to their character's power levels all the time. That's always been a problem with them. Shehulk, Thor, Sentry, Namor, and others are proof of that. It's actually very annoying.

#39 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

It is.

However, I still maintain Namor at his strongest can hang with the most physically powerful superhumans on Marvel Earth.

#40 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Both Namor and Apocalypse has shown wildly varying power-levels, based on their stated capabilities and what we've seen them do in the comics however, Namor is completely outmatched.

Matter manipulation and high level telepathy, are two of the powers that Apocalypse has, which pretty much gives him an instant win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users