Photo
- - - - -

Match 12977 Clonetroopers vs. Jiralhanae (Brutes)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Titanwolf

Titanwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

“Something about this doesn’t feel right,” Cody said, holding up the head of a Battle Droid. The platoon of Clone Troopers had been dispatched to a jungle planet deep in the Outer Rim, due to multiple battles spanning the galaxy the Jedi were unable to send a veteran Knight, instead allowing Cody to lead the mission. The platoon had been split down the middle into two large squads of 20 men each, Cody had given Rex command of the heavy artillery units. Standing up the Clone tossed the droid head to the ground to land among the piles of smashed and torn apart droids. “Rex we found the droids.”

The radio crackled as it came on. “How many?” Rex asked.

“The droids have already been scrapped. Something tore them apart,” Cody replied. “Do you have a visual on the Separatist factory?”

“Roger that,” the other Clone replied. “About 4 clicks south of your position, but it’s already been destroyed.”

A sense of suspicion grew in Cody’s mind, no one should be here besides the Clones and droids, scans showed the planet was uninhabited. “Rex, pull back and rendezvous back at the extraction point, we need-”

The echo of blaster fire came across the radio static. “We’re under attack!” Rex shouted, his voice was feint, like he was shouting away instead of talking. “Get the tanks going and barrage them! Now! Now!”

“Rex? What’s happening?” Cody asked, dreading what he already knew.

“We’re taking fire! They have air ships and cannons!” Rex exclaimed. “Our artillery is holding them back but they keep coming!”

“Droids?”

“Negative! They look like some kind of ape!”

“Hold your position!” Cody said, putting his helmet on. “I’m on my way!”

As he turned to give the order to move out a energy blast shot past him by inches. Immediately the Clone commander drew his pistol and opened fire. The other Clones readied themselves by forming up on Cody, as large ape creatures came out of the jungle.

Cody has clones carrying blaster rifles, blaster pistols, vibro blades, thermo detonators, and wrist mounted flame throwers.

Rex has Clones with tanks, air ships, and Walkers.

The Brutes have Banshees, Choppers, Spectres, Brute Shot, Plasma Rifles, Spikers, Gravity hammers, and plasma grenades

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Learn More About
Clonetroopers
Read more about Clonetroopers at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lucasfilm LTD Links: Clonetroopers Wikipedia page Clonetroopers StarWars.com StarWars.com

Jiralhanae (Brutes)
Read more about Jiralhanae (Brutes) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Bungie Links: Wikipedia Halopedia Alien Species Wiki

#3 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

This is pretty tough. I think the Brutes might win, due to their superior close-combat capability, but the Brutes and the Clones are quite even in terms of firepower.

#4 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

This is pretty tough. I think the Brutes might win, due to their superior close-combat capability, but the Brutes and the Clones are quite even in terms of firepower.

The Clones are probably smarter, though. I'd say they get trounced at first in close-quarters, but then they adapt and start going for well placed headshots at a safe distance. Brutes go down, and they don't have to be put on stretchers from having all their bones broken!

#5 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

That's true, the Clones would be smarter in some ways, but the Brutes are so adept at combat that it doesn't make much difference. They would get absolutely mauled in close combat, but as long as they stay out of the Brute's reach they should be able to take down a lot of them. However, like i said, their firepower is pretty equal, so both sides would kill roughly equal amounts of each other from long-range. It's pretty close, but i think the overall toughness of the Brutes will allow them to pull through.

#6 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

Match Final Results
No User Ratings on this match received!
SCORE
Clonetroopers: 8
Jiralhanae (Brutes): 9
FPA: 0

#7 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

It's going to come down to vehicles, infantry is irrelevant, in which case the Brutes get pwned big time. Seriously, the OP gave the Clones gunships, as in, more than one, when it would probably only take one to completely kill the opposing force.

If it was just infantry, then the clones would probably get killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users