226 replies to this topic

#21 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

There's always youtube for stuff you missed. Thats how I got all of Young Justice

#22 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

The series finale of A: EMH airs in the morning in the U.S. :(

There's always youtube for stuff you missed. Thats how I got all of Young Justice

Heh, would you believe I'm already YouTubing several cartoon shows to play catch-up as it is? More rerun availability on TV would've made things a good deal easier over the years.

#23 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

To answer one of the questions in the OP: Wreck-It Ralph was very, very good, imho. One of the best kid's movies I've ever seen (though since the word "guttersnipe" is used, I'm not sure how much of a "kid's movie" it actually is).

But ah, yeah. Good movie.

#24 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Yeah gone have to watch some episodes of Young Justice I missed to play a little catch up as well.

#25 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Young Justice is on Boomerang now.

#26 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

So... how about dem Turtles? As in the new TMNT series? I've only seen a couple of eps so far, but it looks like the producers are blending aspects of both the '80s and '00s cartoons here.

#27 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

So... how about dem Turtles? As in the new TMNT series? I've only seen a couple of eps so far, but it looks like the producers are blending aspects of both the '80s and '00s cartoons here.

Meh... I have never felt an inclination to watch TMNT, not my thing, but if it's decent I might consider it.

#28 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

It is horrible.

#29 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

It is horrible.

Really? The new TMNT doesn't seem all that bad to me so far. As far as charcter development goes, it just might be the best TMNT ever. The way the Turtles keep accidentally creating villains for themselves is a bit monotonous, though.

#30 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I know this film came out quite a while ago, but did anyone else see Planet 51? I thought it sucked to be honest. I appreciate how the story is kind of like E.T. in reverse, but it wasn't a very deep movie.

#31 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

It was alright.

#32 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

I'd say it was tolerable. Definately not the worst I've seen.

#33 megarock58

megarock58

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:PC gaming
    comics
    Marvel Films
    Star Wars

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'd say it was tolerable. Definately not the worst I've seen.

i thought it was okay, not really that great.

#34 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Wow, I thought more cartoon fans would be posting.

Anyways, I just finished up watching the first season of The Legend of Korra. Overall, it was very interesting and a worthy sequel to Avatar: the Last Airbender. The drawing and animation are improved from A:TLA, and LoK also has a slightly more mature feel to it. There were some good and great moments and episodes and one average ep.

The ending of the season finale was somewhat meh to me, though. It just seemed to tie up loose ends a bit too easily. It makes one wonder: where exactly does Korra go from here? This is both a good and a bad thing.

Overall, compared to A:TLA, I'd say this first season of KoH is better than A: TLA's seaon three, about equal to season 1, and not quite up to the level of season 2.

#35 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

I had a bit of a beef for the finale. It would be very hard to make future seasons of the TLoK in its current form. It had potential, but the ending seemed like a cop out. Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm disliking Mako as a character.

I've only watched a few episodes but I liked Adventure Time and Regular show. Both are interesting in their unique ways. Plus it's intriguing about how light-hearted the former is despite its dark origins. Young Justice eventually grew over me. It's like a great alternative to the new 52. Plus Billy Batson is awesome. Johnny Test can die in a fire for all I care. The first season was alright, but now only hyperactive five-year olds could possibly understand the plot.

I'm kinda shocked that Avengers got canceled. They could have pulled a JLU at that point, but didn't get far enough. The finale was a bit underwhelming though (the only Marvel finale I liked was the Spectacular Spiderman and X-Men Evolution). The action was fun, but the heralds were too much of pushovers for my liking (Terrax pwned by Captain America? WTH?). But still a bit pissed they cancelled it just to make yet another Avengers show just to promote the movie. Screw that, I'm not watching it.

#36 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yeah Marvel could have made some good money and had something to rival the DCAU in the future with that Avengers show. Canceling it was a big mistake. Not even interested in the new one. I don't want everything to be similar to the movieverse. That's just stupid now.

#37 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

The Marvel Multiverse is so confusing. Let me get this right...

The cartoon is based on the movie, and the movie is based on the Ultimate Comics, and the Ultimate Comics are based on the regular universe, and all these take place in separate universes? And then there's Marvel Now (which I assume is gonna take place in another universe), which only confuses thing much more! What's the bloody point?

#38 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Looks like Young Justice and the CGI Green Lantern series are apparently getting cancelled now.

http://screenrant.co...eries-canceled/

A real shame. I never really got the chance to watch either show. Can't say I'm completely surprised about Young Justice, though. It's almost like there's a curse on Greg Weisman-created shows which causes them to end (or at least Weisman's run on them to end) after two seasons. First Gargoyles, then Spectacular Spider-Man, and now Young Justice.

#39 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

In the end, Young Justice will be roughly 50 episodes long. That's a pretty damn good run, about as long as either of the Justice League series. If they wrap up the ongoing storyline decently by the time it's over, I don't think there'll be much to be disappointed about.

#40 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

How disappointed are you that The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is ending its run after only its second season?

Extremely disappointed. Apparantly Marvel is going straight into a new Avengers which they say should be seen as a continuation, which makes me guardedly hopeful... though they're replacing most of the voice cast, which makes me nervous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users