• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Spike, from the Buffy The Vampire Slayer show

vs

Captain America, standard Marvel comics version

They are fighting in the Colosseum. To win one must kill or incapacitate the other. Neither knows anything about the other prior to the fight, and neither is armed. There is a roof, so sunlight is not a factor. They start ten feet apart, facing each other. Both are in character.

Opinions?

#2 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Which season Spike? His character differs from villain, anti-villain, anti-hero, to comic relief depending on which season he's in.

I may actually go with him, because I'm not sure if vampires can be knocked unconscious. Cap has the advantage in speed, strength, skill, and pretty much every measurement of power, but Spike can only be killed by decapitation or impalement. With nothing to impale him with and attempts to decapitate him with the shield unlikely to succeed, Spike may get bloody and beaten, but will just keep getting up.

Unless vampires can be knocked unconscious, in which case it ends pretty quick.

Edit: I think they can. I remember he put another vamp in a sleeper hold once, so it is possible (even though vampires don't breathe). Cap for the win due to logical inconsistency.

#3 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Which season Spike? His character differs from villain, anti-villain, anti-hero, to comic relief depending on which season he's in.

I may actually go with him, because I'm not sure if vampires can be knocked unconscious. Cap has the advantage in speed, strength, skill, and pretty much every measurement of power, but Spike can only be killed by decapitation or impalement. With nothing to impale him with and attempts to decapitate him with the shield unlikely to succeed, Spike may get bloody and beaten, but will just keep getting up.

Edit: I think they can. I remember he put another vamp in a sleeper hold once, so it is possible (even though vampires don't breathe). Cap for the win due to logical inconsistency.

Spike was incapacitated by a broken back as well. Cap would easily be capable of providing that.

#4 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

I was thinking of Spike from the seventh series, but it doesn't matter, he's always a capable killer, except when he had the chip in his brain, but that's not a factor here. Spike can only be killed with fire, decapitation and a stake through the heart, and Cap has none of those things here. Spike also has superhuman strength, speed, reflexes and durability, hundreds of years more combat experience than Cap, and he's more than willing to kill.

Spike was incapacitated by a broken back as well. Cap would easily be capable of providing that.

Spike would give him a hard time. See above.

#5 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Spike would give him a hard time. See above.

Not particularly.

Spike is a brawler. A skilled brawler, but just a brawler.

Cap deals with opponents that are stronger and faster, every day.

Spike has never dealt with an opponent as capable as Cap before.

#6 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Cap doesn't always beat those opponents. He is quite limited.

Spike is a very highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant with far, far more combat experience than Cap, and he's far more durable.

#7 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

He's really not that experienced. Despite fighting as a vamp for centuries his technique never really got beyond bare-knuckle boxing. Brawler is the best term for what he is.

Cap can't kill him, but disable, knock out, paralyze, sure.

#8 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

He's really not that experienced. Despite fighting as a vamp for centuries his technique never really got beyond bare-knuckle boxing. Brawler is the best term for what he is.

Cap can't kill him, but disable, knock out, paralyze, sure.

Spike fights with considerably more skill than a bare-knuckle boxer. He has fought and beaten highly experienced and even superhuman combatants with a mastery of martial arts and various weapons and whatnot. And he's been doing it for a lot longer than Cap. Plus, he's far more ruthless, more willing to kill and maim than Cap, by far.

That's fair, though. Cap almost definitely can't and wont kill Spike under these circumstances, but he could disable him, severely. Cap is still a superhuman martial artist himself, which is why i figured this was a relatively even fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users