#21 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

And as Nilan said, the challenger is worse. The guy is a leech. A venture capitalist that got filthy rich by taking huge loans to get overwhelming stock in companies then sinking those businesses with the debt of the loan (see Romney's peeps had the biggest shares, but the company would be saddled with the debt), while they raked in the cash. The guy is a successful businessman and smart. Too smart. My problem with Romney is he'd run America the same way he ran business, like a leech. He'd soak this nation dry and when he was done, we wouldn't know what hit us.

#22 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

What promise did he not fulfill on? Obama never said he would withdraw all troops within his presidential term, withdrawing all troops from a war that's been going on for 9 years isn't that simple, it would be impossible to withdraw all troops from both wars in 4 years. You really have no idea what he said, like seriously, are you retarded? And yes, it is guaranteed, even if he lost this election, no president would extend a war that has no public support behind it. What, do you think someone would really, halfway through the withdrawal, that they were going to stay in Afghanistan longer?

Pushing harder alienates countries, take a visit back through American History, even recent American History. You alienate allies, strengthen enemies. You really think if you push harder on Iran, they would stop a nuclear enrichment program? Cause if you do, then you're as stupid as Romney. And this is the guy who said that Russia is the biggest geopolitical threat to the US. Going and showing military action to every country who doesn't meet your goals is how you get into extended, complicated, conflicts. Situations in the Middle East aren't as simple as "let's take out with a jet, that'll solve everything", but Romney, and apparently, you, think they are. And that's why you're an idiot.

Really? You really think that'll fix the economy? Let me fill you in on something, illegal immigrants are employed over Americans because they're better workers. Otherwise they wouldn't be employed. You think Americans could do the jobs those people do? Let me clue you in on something, the permanent way to improve the economy isn't for Americans to get minimum wage jobs with extended hours, it's for Americans to go into higher paying, more specialized sectors. If they don't get those workers from illegal immigrants in America, then they'll just outsource to other cheap labor sources. The workers whose "jobs were taken" were not competitive. Simple as that.

Which specific promises did he not fulfill? And if Romney would do worse, then Obama is still the right choice, right? It's simple logic.

I'm like 100% sure I've already gone over promises he didn't fulfill. Either way, here you go. http://www.politifac...promise-broken/

Right, I forgot. All Americans can go into specialized sectors. What with cheap colleges all around the nation, it's super easy to get a degree in 4 years with absolutely no debt. Then they'll all go work for Apple! Economy fixed!

I'm again 100% sure that I didn't say we should bully other nations. I said we needed diplomacy, but we don't need to be a doormat. With Iran, yeah, we definitely need diplomacy or else the whole world explodes. Obviously, sending in a bunch of bombers won't work, it's why I didn't say we should. However, don't let that stop you from putting words in my mouth.

#23 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

I haven't debated this stuff anywhere and this has been swelling in me...

Last thing for now, Romney killed himself with the 47% comment. He proved he didn't care about half the country. The 47% didn't just refer to low income leeches, it referred to your grandparents, college students, military vets. It was a dumb comment and the 47% vote.

#24 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Isn't political stuff supposed to only be posted in Adult Topic these days? Part of me is tempted to move this there.

I'm not going to get into politcal debate right now (as I see it pretty regularly on cable news), but I will say this: as far as being a tight contest, this election didn't live up to the hype. The way the media built it up, I was half-expecting to be up until three and four in the morning waiting for the results to come in. Instead, the election's decided by around 10:30 PM central time. I was almost disappointed.

This had nothing on the 2000 election. That year, the election dragged on for days and weeks as Florida's results were challenged over and over and went from the state's courts to the Supreme Court and back, argued whether votes werent' counted, whether ballots with dimpled chads should be counted, etc. Good times. <_<

#25 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

If you move it to the Adult Topic board, then Force can't see it. I'm okay with you moving it.

#26 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Meh, I'll leave it up to the admins. If they looked in on it and didn't move it, I guess it can stay here for now.

Carry on.

#27 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Isn't political stuff supposed to only be posted in Adult Topic these days? Part of me is tempted to move this there.

Unless I'm mistaken/my memory is playing tricks on me, this was originally posted in the Adult section, and was moved here.

#28 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

*munches on popcorn*

#29 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'm like 100% sure I've already gone over promises he didn't fulfill. Either way, here you go. http://www.politifac...promise-broken/

Right, I forgot. All Americans can go into specialized sectors. What with cheap colleges all around the nation, it's super easy to get a degree in 4 years with absolutely no debt. Then they'll all go work for Apple! Economy fixed!

I'm again 100% sure that I didn't say we should bully other nations. I said we needed diplomacy, but we don't need to be a doormat. With Iran, yeah, we definitely need diplomacy or else the whole world explodes. Obviously, sending in a bunch of bombers won't work, it's why I didn't say we should. However, don't let that stop you from putting words in my mouth.

I meant in regards to his withdrawing of troops.

You're completely missing the point. Deporting illegal immigrants wouldn't give jobs to Americans. These jobs would just get outsourced, because Americans could never be competitive in those jobs, otherwise they wouldn't have their jobs taken in the first place. A central tenant of economic trade in regards to the trade of labor is that the workforce is always reappropriated, some people will be worse off, but the overall workforce always gets reappropriated It's not like the entire workforce is now going to sit idle because they can't work in a manufacturing plant making below minimum wage and working 16+ hours. They take out loan and get a technical degree. Either way, if you're into making it easier for students to go to college, there are a multitude of reasons why Romney is a lot worse than Obama (mainly because he's flat out cutting all of these programs to fund tax cuts for the rich).

Well, that's basically what Romney is advocating. We're set to drop bombs on Iran, completely alienate China in terms of a trade partner, and completely f*ck up relations with Israel and Palestine because of his "hard line, not being a doormat" policy. Yeah.

#30 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well, that's basically what Romney is advocating. We're set to drop bombs on Iran, completely alienate China in terms of a trade partner, and completely f*ck up relations with Israel and Palestine because of his "hard line, not being a doormat" policy. Yeah.

No. Voting for "The Republican Dalek" would be a vote for bombing Iran.

"IN NOV. AMERICANS FACE AN IMPORTANT CHOICE: BOMB IRAN (ROMNEY), 'RELUCTANTLY' BOMB IRAN (OBAMA), ERASE IRAN FROM HISTORY ( @ASupremeDalek )"

#31 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

I have nothing else to say other than. WOW! Unemployment has gone further up, our country is in greater debt, and US citizens are killed over seas and nothing was done but an apology to the families.

Fun Fact: Obama spent more on personal vacations in 4 years than all other former presidents combined.

#32 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

This is horrible. More appeasement of tyrants.

#33 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'm not really that shocked. I will say there are way too many people who vote for stupid reasons. Makes me want to move to, I don't know, Greenland. Informed decision making is, apparently, too much of a chore for many Americans. And yeah, the 47% comment was pretty bad, but so was the fact that Romney had to pretty much own all the 'ignorant' comments made by all the other Replicans.

#34 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Honestly all politicians are bull-shitters.

To be fair, Obama came into a mess of a situation. For the predicament he came into, it will take 8 years to make good change. Unemployment did go down, albeit a little bit, but at least it didn't increase. Four years ago he was voted in because he was black, and Americans wanted to make history. This year he was voted in because people actually believe in him.

I can't really say I am a democrat or republican, because both sides appeal to me. Personally though, if you are middle class, you shouldn't vote republican.

#35 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Libertarian.

#36 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

David Palmer is the best president.

#37 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Well, if Americans voted for who made the most sense, the Ron Paul would have won.

EDIT: As for diplomacy. You can be diplomatic without sending all of our money to foreign countries. We gave billions of dollars to Georgia(a country most Americans think is only a state). We are in trillions of dollars of debt to China. They own 90% of the debt. They are going to want that money sooner or later. Best thing is for America to take control of the opium trade in Afghanistan so we can payback the Chinese.

#38 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Honestly all politicians are bull-shitters.

I can't really say I am a democrat or republican, because both sides appeal to me. Personally though, if you are middle class, you shouldn't vote republican.

They may or may not prefer the term professional liars.

That has truth in it. From what I've seen, Republicans never made the middle class a top priority. But when I hear my own family say all Republicans are racists, it makes me shake my head.

#39 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Meh, racists are everywhere. To say all republicans are racists, is just as bad racists themselves >.> I know a few people personally that feel the way your parents do. That's the problem with the two party system, it makes Americans hate each other.

One thing Obama needs to do, is publicly say "just because you don't agree with me, doesn't mean you are racist". So many Obama supporters pull that card. People forget he is half white.....

#40 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

This is horrible. More appeasement of tyrants.

Get the hell out of my thread. You're an idiot who is incapable of any intelligent thought beyond how to suck Tommy Vercetti's dick just a little bit better than you did last time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users