151 replies to this topic

#1 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

I can't believe this. I don't know how he got elected again. He hasn't done shit in the 4 years he's been in office and now America is giving him a second shot? That's friggin ridiculous.

Discuss.

#2 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Considering the other candidates, it's not really that hard to understand.

#3 Nilan

Nilan

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

The challenger must have enough credibility for the incumbent to lose.

If the challenger lacks that credibility, both within the different factions in his own party and among independent voters, the incumbent's terrible track record doesn't matter.

If I was an American, I'd probably be a Republican. But they really need to get their sh*t together over the young and Latino vote-banks if they want to stay a relevant party in the years to come.

#4 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

I can't believe this. I don't know how he got elected again. He hasn't done shit in the 4 years he's been in office and now America is giving him a second shot? That's friggin ridiculous.

Discuss.

Well, this time it's possible, that he could very well get his act together. Try to see it this way though, Obama acts as a beacon of Hope for some people looking for something to keep them going.
The problem in all practicality however, is that everyone in the senate simply won't put aside their differences and either unanimously agree or disagree with what he has to say.

#5 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Well not to get too political, but let's look at it in the sense that Obama hasn't necessarily done shit, just he hasn't done the shit he said he was going to try and do. Now that's a hot topic for debate, but I say this because I do want to bring up a point that flows around my neck of the woods if nothing else;

The first practical thing Obama had to do was tackle some problems that was left by the last guy in office...regardless of how you feel about either president, I think we can at least partially agree there are a few issues(or surprise gifts if you will) Mr. Bush left for Mr. Obama that needed prioritizing, some that have/are proving more difficult to handle than others and clashed with what Obama promised (ex."Whaddya mean we can't close Guantanamo? Congress did what?! And the Senate? F*ck!!"). Is it a full pardon? No but it's something to take into account.

On a lighter note, kain brought up a good point.

#6 megarock58

megarock58

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:PC gaming
    comics
    Marvel Films
    Star Wars

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

i'm honestly not surprised that Obama won again, in fact i almost knew from the start that he was going to be reelected

#7 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hey, please get a more obnoxious sig. Please. I beg you.

#8 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hey, please get a more obnoxious sig. Please. I beg you.

So you want a us all to get much more obnoxious signatures? No skin off my back. Hey guys lets see who can find the most obnoxious signature pictures.

#9 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

surfer sounds jelly.

#10 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Yes, that's why Obama kept 272 distinct promises he made. Because he doesn't "do shit". Obama won because his overall economic plan is leagues more sensible than Romney's. Or, at least, that's why I'm an Obama supporter.

#11 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

surfer sounds jelly.

I thought it was funny. Just, you know, a little on the big side...

#12 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Oh, and to quote Fry: "Well, it's not my fault, either, 'cause I forgot to vote." And if Fox asks, I never posted here. :ph34r:

#13 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Oh yeah, he's done so much. Like remove all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq. Oh wait. Like defend America's international interests. Oh wait. Like do anything about illegal immigration. Oh wait. Like do anything regarding civil rights on any federal level. Oh wait. He hasn't done any of that. Yeah, we saw a lot of change in 2008-2012, didn't we?

#14 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Heh.

#15 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Oh yeah, he's done so much. Like remove all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq. Oh wait. Like defend America's international interests. Oh wait. Like do anything about illegal immigration. Oh wait. Like do anything regarding civil rights on any federal level. Oh wait. He hasn't done any of that. Yeah, we saw a lot of change in 2008-2012, didn't we?

What? He said he was going to remove all troops, and he is. Everyone's out by 2014. Romney wouldn't get them out sooner by then.

Defend America's international interests? Are you takling about the Syrian ambassador? You really think Romney is going to prevent American international interests by being aggressive towards every nation? Here, look up the definition of diplomacy and tell me what it says.

Good, illegal immigration isn't a problem.

What civil rights? Abortion and gay marriage? Who abolished Don't Ask, Don't Tell? Was that some other presidency? And if you think Mitt Romney's going to be progressive on these fronts, you need to get your head checked.

#16 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

What? He said he was going to remove all troops, and he is. Everyone's out by 2014. Romney wouldn't get them out sooner by then.

Defend America's international interests? Are you takling about the Syrian ambassador? You really think Romney is going to prevent American international interests by being aggressive towards every nation? Here, look up the definition of diplomacy and tell me what it says.

Good, illegal immigration isn't a problem.

What civil rights? Abortion and gay marriage? Who abolished Don't Ask, Don't Tell? Was that some other presidency? And if you think Mitt Romney's going to be progressive on these fronts, you need to get your head checked.

Hey, I have a really good idea. Instead of giving me your opinion on the problems that were brought up, give me your opinion on the actual argument at hand. Obama didn't fulfill his promises. I don't care what issues he didn't follow through on, just that he didn't follow through on. There's another really good idea. Let's re-elect a President we can't trust to do a single thing! I love it.

Obama promised to get troops out by 2014? He didn't even know if he'd be POTUS in 2014. So now he's making arrogant promises that he might not even be able to back up. That's okay though, because if he wasn't POTUS in 2014 and the troops weren't pulled out, he could just blame the current President. Good thinking on Obama's part.

I think Romney wouldn't bow down to the Middle East and be so easy going. We do need diplomacy, but we don't need a doormat for every other country to walk over. We're America, we have a powerful military, we should stand up for what our values.

Illegal immigration certainly is a problem. It'd be nice if jobs in America went to Americans. By Americans, I mean people that are legally within our country. That'd help the economy from a bottom-up standpoint. Give the middle class Americans more money to spend, they'll spend it. Simple.

I refer you to my first point. I don't care if Romney is more conservative on social issues than Obama, I care that Obama didn't fulfill any promises. The one that he did pull through on, he needed Lady Gaga's help. Good job Obama!

#17 Nilan

Nilan

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

What exactly is your point Surfer? You had a sh*t incumbent and an even sh*ttier challenger. There was no other way to go.

For the .001% of you who genuinely follow current affairs, here is The Economist endorsing Obama a couple of days ago, based on the logic above.

http://www.economist...-bill-which-one

This is why Obama was the better candidate to go for.

#18 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Here's a fine word: Filibuster.

Fact: Obama has had more proposals blocked than any other president.

When you have an opposition that specifically says our only goal is to stop this president from succeeding, what do you expect him to do? Shoot them in the head?

Then they say keep America, American. Yeah, because trying to stop your president from recovering this nation is so very American.

#19 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Also, one of the first things Obama said even before he got in office was the fix is going to take more than four years. He said that and he had a plan, but if everybody isn't on board. Surfer, where are you getting your information?

#20 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

What promise did he not fulfill on? Obama never said he would withdraw all troops within his presidential term, withdrawing all troops from a war that's been going on for 9 years isn't that simple, it would be impossible to withdraw all troops from both wars in 4 years. You really have no idea what he said, like seriously, are you retarded? And yes, it is guaranteed, even if he lost this election, no president would extend a war that has no public support behind it. What, do you think someone would really, halfway through the withdrawal, that they were going to stay in Afghanistan longer?

Pushing harder alienates countries, take a visit back through American History, even recent American History. You alienate allies, strengthen enemies. You really think if you push harder on Iran, they would stop a nuclear enrichment program? Cause if you do, then you're as stupid as Romney. And this is the guy who said that Russia is the biggest geopolitical threat to the US. Going and showing military action to every country who doesn't meet your goals is how you get into extended, complicated, conflicts. Situations in the Middle East aren't as simple as "let's take out with a jet, that'll solve everything", but Romney, and apparently, you, think they are. And that's why you're an idiot.

Really? You really think that'll fix the economy? Let me fill you in on something, illegal immigrants are employed over Americans because they're better workers. Otherwise they wouldn't be employed. You think Americans could do the jobs those people do? Let me clue you in on something, the permanent way to improve the economy isn't for Americans to get minimum wage jobs with extended hours, it's for Americans to go into higher paying, more specialized sectors. If they don't get those workers from illegal immigrants in America, then they'll just outsource to other cheap labor sources. The workers whose "jobs were taken" were not competitive. Simple as that.

Which specific promises did he not fulfill? And if Romney would do worse, then Obama is still the right choice, right? It's simple logic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users