#1 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Want to talk about how awesome the show is? Want to talk about the comic? Want to talk about anything related to the Walking Dead? Do it here.

#2 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Everyone dies at the end, and the undead take over the world.

#3 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Everyone dies at the end, and the undead take over the world.

I thought that was how My Little Pony Friendship is Magic ended? :blink:

#4 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

My bitching paid off! Carry on.

#5 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

In regards to the show...

First season was pretty good, got me interested. Second season really, really sucked in my opinion. It felt like it just kind of dragged along with no direction, nothing to keep me hooked. Season three seems to be a substantial improvement so far.

*SPOILERS*

Although the contemptuous ease with which the Governor dispatched those Soldiers made me rage. Not believable in the least, and I'm a stickler for things like that.

#6 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

*SPOILERS*

Although the contemptuous ease with which the Governor dispatched those Soldiers made me rage. Not believable in the least, and I'm a stickler for things like that.

Why not? He caught them off guard and had them surrounded. Besides they were only weekend warriors.

#7 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Why not? He caught them off guard and had them surrounded. Besides they were only weekend warriors.

Doesn't matter. They weren't completely encircled; the guys more or less fired at them from one section of the treeline. In addition, from what I remember, they were armed with two hunting rifles, an assault rifle, and one guy had a compact SMG. The latter would have been next to useless in that situation and at that range.

The Soldiers had solid cover and concealment in addition to vastly superior weapons. And they all were incapacitated in seconds by perfect shots, which would never happen in real life.

As for the weekend warriors thing, we don't know for sure if they were all National Guardsmen. I got the sense that they may have been a ragtag assortment of Soldiers from multiple units. Besides, even if they were NG, that doesn't mean as much as you may think. Guardsmen get the same job training as active duty guys, they just don't drill as often. Many are former active duty and pretty much every Guard unit in the military has been deployed to combat recently.

I realize the scene had to happen to advance the plot, but it still really annoys me that it took them this long to really introduce the military and they're unceremoniously killed off just as soon like they're a bunch of drunken morons armed with pop guns.

#8 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I thought that was how My Little Pony Friendship is Magic ended? :blink:

Heh. Don't worry. I haven't even read all of what's out there, and it's still going, so that's just a guess. ^_^

#9 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Doesn't matter. They weren't completely encircled; the guys more or less fired at them from one section of the treeline. In addition, from what I remember, they were armed with two hunting rifles, an assault rifle, and one guy had a compact SMG. The latter would have been next to useless in that situation and at that range.

The Soldiers had solid cover and concealment in addition to vastly superior weapons. And they all were incapacitated in seconds by perfect shots, which would never happen in real life.

As for the weekend warriors thing, we don't know for sure if they were all National Guardsmen. I got the sense that they may have been a ragtag assortment of Soldiers from multiple units. Besides, even if they were NG, that doesn't mean as much as you may think. Guardsmen get the same job training as active duty guys, they just don't drill as often. Many are former active duty and pretty much every Guard unit in the military has been deployed to combat recently.

I realize the scene had to happen to advance the plot, but it still really annoys me that it took them this long to really introduce the military and they're unceremoniously killed off just as soon like they're a bunch of drunken morons armed with pop guns.

Yeah I get what you are saying. At the same time though, the Governor's men practice(as do Rick's group), that is why they are so accurate.

The pilot said they were National Guard. If my memory isn't off.

#10 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Well Jason, just be glad you don't read the comics. The army isn't in there at all. Except for Abraham and he dies.

#11 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Agh! No! ...Oh, well. I started to like him less, when he began boning two chicks.

#12 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Well Jason, just be glad you don't read the comics. The army isn't in there at all. Except for Abraham and he dies.

I did read the comics. The first three, anyway.

Yeah I get what you are saying. At the same time though, the Governor's men practice(as do Rick's group), that is why they are so accurate.

The pilot said they were National Guard. If my memory isn't off.

Regardless of any amount of practice, there's almost no way, realistically, to achieve the level of accuracy they did and take out a military force with such impunity. Besides, they can't practice that much for fear of running low on ammunition.

Oh, he certainly did. I was just pointing out that it doesn't mean all of them were NG. The pilot was, no doubt some of the men with him were. But he talked about a camp full of military and civilians and basically the dozen or so of them were the ones that managed to escape. It's entirely possible regular Army guys were thrown into the mix.

Again, I understand why it had to happen and that suspension of disbelief is required... but it's just a pet peeve of mine. I also despise the use of Red Shirts.

#13 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Just throwing this out there... Do you think Carl actually killed Lori or did he chain her up?

#14 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

It's possible. Walking Dead has become so unpredictable it's predictable. If you don't see it happen, it didn't happen. Like with the prisoner coming back, he got tossed out into a giant horde of zombies. We didn't see him die, so he didn't die. We didn't see Lori die, so she didn't die.

#15 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Well, it is possible. Then again... Carl is a beast in the comic. That Carl, I don't think, would have any problem putting one in her brain. As for not showing certain things onscreen, I don't know if it's to keep the viewer guessing, or maybe to keep that TV14 rating. Usually, zombie flicks are rated R, so I'm surprised they didn't push this to a TV-MA series. I think it's part of the reason why certain elements have been removed, up to this point.

While the new season is very good, no high stakes fights, in a zombie ring? No undead family for the Governor? The verdict's still out on what he does to Michonne, but I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't there either.

It just seems to me like the show has been fairly mellow, when compared to the comic.

#16 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

They probably won't have the rapeness.

#17 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Heh. Exactly. I doubt she'll mutilate him, either. Which is gonna suck. What? He's just going to attack, because he wants the prison? No personal vendetta? And damn... the implications of Lori's death could be worse than I thought. Who the hell is he going to kill? Lori's gone. Tyreese isn't in the show. Who can he kill, that will make the audience hate him? ...OH NO!!! DARYL!!! Get the hell outta there!

Also, GLENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*ck you, Kirkman! F*CK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'(

#18 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

That was the last issue I read. God damn Kirkman indeed.

#19 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Heh. I plowed through the last 17 today. Finally caught up now.

#20 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I just got around to watching the latest Walking Dead. It was okay. T-Dog's death was simply terrible, it's clear to me that the writers haven't given a shit about him in a loooooooooong time. Even the rest of the group were just like "meh, whatever" when they found his corpse, lol. Lori's wasn't much better-- there was at least some emotion in it, but it was utterly predictable.

I like the two prisoners, though. I'm surprised they didn't just have Oscar be the TV show's Tyrese, they seem pretty similar personality-wise, plus I could see that actor playing him. Maybe they're planning on introducing Tyrese in a different way, though. I hope so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users