27 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Vandal looked down one path, then the other. These tunnels crisscrossed like the strands of a spider web. He had been making a map in his mind, searching over every turn he had taken and attempting to plot a course out.

Vandal hadn’t spent much time trying to find out how he had gotten into this predicament. He went to sleep in his bed, and had awoken in the center of the spiraling network of tunnels.

Most likely drugged he supposed. Drugged and brought here. He knew there was a greater purpose to it of course, but he couldn’t be distracted by that. He first had to find out where he was, which would then lead to the why.

While he was thinking over all these things, his pursuer had only one thing on it’s mind. Kill.

The sentient cloud of smoke crept along the ground, always staying near Vandal's shadow. The Wraith did not question where it was, but kept its eyes on the old man.

Vandal kept searching. A door was in front of him. The smoke began to silently gain ground. He turned the handle and stepped inside. The door shut behind him.

His breath fogged in front of his eyes. He looked past it to the walls of the tiny room. It didn’t take a mind of his caliber to recognize his surroundings; a morgue needs little explanation. Vandal stepped forward; smoke began to creep under the door.

Shining metal cabinet doors ringed the walls, no doubt holding cold remains. There was a single skull lying on a slab at the other end. Vandal stepped towards it. The smoke began to take form behind him. Its teeth opened wide.

Vandal grasped the skull. Wraith loomed in.

“Oh Yorick,” Vandal said aloud, “I knew him well.”

He flings the skull behind him and it whizzes into Wraith. The beast quickly turns to hazy whisps; the skull punches through the beast to shatter against the wall. Vandal calmly undoes his cufflinks and rolls up his sleeves.

“Though killing me will be far less easy then it was with him I’d imagine. Did you really think I couldn’t see you back there?”

Wraith says nothing. The smoke reforms, the giant head forming a wide smile. They are both surprised by the high-pitched female voice that echoes overhead.

“What? Wraith! No! Bad! That is not why I sent you in there. He had another opponent, who I was going to… darn it, you already killed that one didn’t you? Ah shoot. I didn’t even get a chance to toy with these ones. I knew I shouldn’t have spent all that time picking on De Luca. Oh well, I’m here now, so let’s get the show on the road.”

Air hisses out of vents in the ceiling; Vandal can feel the temperature drop instantly. He can see the floor turning icy. Again, Wraith seems to mind far less and focuses only on staring down the old man. A guttural snarl escapes its jaws and shakes the room.

“Round One, Fight Three: MURDER IN THE MORGUE! Victor Vandal vs Wraith, Begin!”

The Rules:
1. No quoting please. This is a turn based RP, so no need to quote. One person attacks/defends, the next person attacks/defends until someone loses. Simple as that.
2. Limit the OOC. If you have a question post it to the main Battle Rock Thread.
3. No Role playing your opponent. You can state your move, but not your opponent’s reaction.
4. With a tie for agility stats, first move goes to whoever posts first.
5. Special Arena: The Morgue! The icy conditions make everything slippery and frost covered. Agility is lowered by one level for both combatants
4. Have fun. I will sometimes tell you what damage (if any) you did to your opponent and I will let you know when one of you drops. If you use a powered attack and want to know the results, it may serve you well to wait on me to tell you.

#2 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Round 1

The Wraith chuckles looking at its prey. His eye follow Victor's movements.

"How fitting that you should meet your death in the morgue."

The Wraith lunges, jaw open, sharp teeth that sever tendons primed to snap through Victor's ankles.

Wraith's Strength Attacks Agility with Piercing Weapon

#3 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

"Unfortunately, that sweet taste will always be lost to me." Victor said as he stepped back, rolling up his sleeves and loosening his collar. He glanced about the room and over his opponent.

"Ambros will never believe this."

Victors Mind activates Detective Mode

#4 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Round 2
The Wraith's throaty chuckle grew deeper. His prey wasn't even fighting back, he could make this kill quick, easy, bloodless. Classy as it should be, a kill befitting a demon of his calibre. The morgue staff would walk in the day after and find Victor omnisected so nicely in pieces. Maybe some pieces found inside other bodies. A finger in a lung, fragments of eye hidden in a femoral artery. The idea appealed to the Wraith but first, he had to hunt.

He exploded into a cloud of black dust and lunged for the eyes of his prey. First the prey is disabled, then the prey is yours.

The Wraith attacks with Inhibit Senses

#5 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

The black dust was overwhelming, clouding his eyes and filling his lungs. This monster was dangerous, and Victor knew this would be no cakewalk. He needed a plan.

Mind attacks with Tactician

#6 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Round 3

The Wraith attacks Agility with Strength, Piercing Weapon

#7 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Things were falling into motion, and the beast was unrelenting. It was clear now he could waste no more time with this beast. Wraith's sharp claws and teeth lunged at Victor once more, but this time Victor was ready.

Victor attacks Agility with strength using martial arts.

#8 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

"I can't see, what the heck is going on? Why is this room so tiny and unventilated? I knew this was a bad idea. Come on somebody walk out of the smoke, my audience doesn't pay to see black screens!"

Round 3

Wraith: Strength attacks agility with piercing weapon.
Result: Attack succeeds and does heavy damage.

Victor Vandal (blind): Strength attacks agility with martial arts
Result: Attack succeeds, and does very heavy damage.

HP

Wraith: Strong+
Victor Vandal: Strong- (but barely)

(Here's the skinny. Wraith's attacks are hitting big so far. Vandal's regen is helping him stay afloat, but he didn't start out with as much toughess as Wraith, and he isn't attacking as often. Luckily he's managed to roll high enough to overcome his blindness, but isn't quite lucky enough to get rid of it entirely.)

#9 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Round 4

Violent blows rained down on the head of the demon. He fought to retain his composure and redoubled his vicious bite on Victor's legs.

The Wraith attacks Agility with Piercing Weapon

#10 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Victor created space from the monster, the plan was working but not fast enough. He didn't want to dance with this beast all night.

Victor attacks Agility with Martial Arts

#11 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Round 5

The Wraith was starting to feel the pain of repeated blows on his hide. His temper was starting to boil. This impertinence would not stand. The Wraith exploded into a cloud of angry miasma eating at Vandal's legs.

Body attacks Agility with Energy Body

#12 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

"Oh dear."

The creature bursted into a cloud of fury, and continued to chomp at Victor's heels. No matter. The plan was still solid, and he had the means to accomplish it.

Victor attacks agility with Martial Arts

#13 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Round 6

As flying fists pushed through the swarm of darkness, the miasma dispersed and reformed back into the corner. The Wraith growled and bared its teeth. Its sense of decorum was coming away in tatters. That part of it that thought of mercy was gone now. Anger alone reigned.

Wraith defends with Energy Body

#14 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Victor beat the creature back into form. The beast immediately withdrew into itself and went on defense, a change from it's former beastial attack plan. Vandal slicked his hair back as he fell into a daze. His brain took over, thinking of every possible move and outcome. Like pawns across a squared board.

Victor attacks using Mind with Tactician

#15 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Round 7

The Wraith attacks with Inhibit Senses

#16 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Victor was once again blinded. The black soot tried to sink into every pore of his body, but he fought through it. He was focused, knew what he wanted. He wanted to win.

Victor attacks agility with Martial Arts

#17 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Round 8

As Victor stumbled forward, the Wraith let himself melt again into the shadows.

Wraith attacks Agility with Energy Body

#18 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

He refused to let up. Every fist thrown with a purpose, to dismember the fiend.

"I will not fall at your hands beast!"

Victor attacks agility using Martial arts

#19 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Round 9

The Wraith clamps its weighty jaws on Victor's ankles.

The Wraith attacks Agility with Piercing Weapon

#20 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

"Ok, it looks like the cameras are working again folks. I was able to switch them to heat vision, lets see... well well, looks like we missed a lot. The old man is really struggling, and my favorite monster is enjoying it's fun. Come on grandpa, go out with a bang!"

Round 8

Wraith: Body attacks agility with energy body.
Result: Attack succeeds and does heavy damage.

Victor Vandal (blind): Strength attacks agility with martial arts
Result: Attack fails due to blindness

HP

Wraith: Strong- (but barely)
Victor Vandal: Weak - (but barely)

(Wraith's offense is still running hot. And Vandal hasn't landed a hit since round four due to defenses and blindness.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users