#81 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Apparently there are RUMORS that Disney is now looking to acquire Hasbro.

http://geek-news.mtv...-buying-hasbro/

-Rakai'Thwei

That would mean that Equestria would be part of Kingdom Hearts and Sora+ the gang would have to team up and fight to stop Discord and Queen Chrysis to save...*mind explodes*

#82 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Since this has already been semi-necro'd...

Apparently there are RUMORS that Disney is now looking to acquire Hasbro.

http://geek-news.mtv...-buying-hasbro/

-Rakai'Thwei

Yep, I heard about these rumors as soon as they came out. There's a part of me that hopes it doesn't come to pass. Why? I've seen how Disney treats more "violent" action and/or drama-oriented series in recent years (the censoring of some scenes in Gargoyles, the fact that Darkwing Duck and Tale Spin haven't aired on a Disney-owned channel in years). Yes, A: EMH was great, but if Disney picks up the rights for Hasbro, I fear Transformers: Prime, a current favorite of mine that pushes the boundaries of violent and war-themed content a bit more than A: EMH, will be toned down in future seasons.

#83 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Since this has already been semi-necro'd...

Yep, I heard about these rumors as soon as they came out. There's a part of me that hopes it doesn't come to pass. Why? I've seen how Disney treats more "violent" action and/or drama-oriented series in recent years (the censoring of some scenes in Gargoyles, the fact that Darkwing Duck and Tale Spin haven't aired on a Disney-owned channel in years). Yes, A: EMH was great, but if Disney picks up the rights for Hasbro, I fear Transformers: Prime, a current favorite of mine that pushes the boundaries of violent and war-themed content a bit more than A: EMH, will be toned down in future seasons.

I feel the same with clone wars which doesen't hesitate to show what war is like and discussing mature themes like terrorism, slavery, civilains caught in the crossfire. etc.

#84 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

That was Disney in the past and they have changed since then. You guys have nothing to worry about I think. Disney has put out films like Pirates of the Carribean, Chronicles of Narnia, Tron Legacy, John Carter, Alice in Wonderland (Burton version), Rocketeer, and more which have things in those films that most definitely isn't PG. You ever saw the action scenes to Narnia? I was surprised at how the fights were PG-13 and had people dying in ways I didn't think they would leave in there because of the family target. Hell in Alice in Wonderland the Queen gets her head chopped off.

Disney would be perfect to put out a Gi Joe movie. As a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they do a GI Joe and Transformers movie where the two meet.

#85 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

You missed the point, baller. Everyone knows Disney-owned film companies have had virtually complete creative freedom with making films rated PG and up for decades now.

What I'm talking about is many action-oriented animated shows that they they've either created or gained the rights to showcase in recent years. There's the aformentioned near-hack job Disney's done with certain parts of Gargoyles. There are also toons such as Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck that haven't been seen on TV for years partially because of violent scenes, such as ones tha involve guns that fire -gasp- actual bullets! Heck, when Toon Disney/Disney XD acquired rights to air Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS, they either edited some scenes fairly heavily (the climatic fight between Superman and Darkseid in Legacy: Part 2 was almost butchered), or outright didn't air certain episodes (to my knowledge, the channel never aired Batman: TAS's Mad Love).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users