http://www.cracked.c...-than-prequels/

Cracked is kind of conflicting itself.

#42 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

It's confirmed! Episode 7 is NOT following the Expanded Universe Material:

Well, we know that, whatever the plot of Episode 7, George Lucas won't have a heavy hand in the day-to-day creation of it. He's apparently written the treatments for the films, but he won't produce or direct—an excellent opportunity for another visionary to jettison Jar Jar Binks out of an airlock permanently. As for the plot, Star Wars superfans have a theory on what they'll be seeing next. But I have a surprise for them: They're wrong. If you're a fan, you're definitely gonna want to read on.

First of all, you should know that there is an official canon concerning the Star Wars universe. Those stories cover the years after rebel victory (i.e., after Return of the Jedi). It's written in a series of books called the Thrawn Trilogy, by author Timothy Zahn. Die-hard Star Wars fans know the trilogy well, and they say that a big-screen adaptation of the first book, Heir to the Empire, would make the most logical Episode 7.

"Of all the speculation out there about the content of this new trilogy, that's the single most concrete idea," says Eric Geller of the fan site TheForce.net. "It's almost inevitable that the story will take place in the same time frame as those books." So what happens in "those books?"

Well, Luke Skywalker meets a real would-be assassin lady named Mara Jade, who was trained to avenge the Emperor by crushing Luke's pretty blond head. Instead, Jade falls for Luke and, a subsequent graphic novel, the two marry. Skywalker also has to deal with the fact that he's the only Jedi left, at least, for now, and he goes about trying to fix that.

Princess Leia and Han Solo also play heavily into the Thrawn Trilogy, popping out a pair of twins (of course) among other things. As for the name Thrawn, well, that refers to a grand admiral with imperial sympathies who takes over as the leader of the vanquished enemy faction.

So is that the basis for Episode 7 or not? I've heard directly from LucasFilm and other sources close to the picture, and they say: Definitely not.
"It's an original story," a LucasFilm source tells me. In other words, forget the Star Wars novels. Forget the graphic novels. Forget everything you think you know about what happens to Luke Skywalker. According to my sources, Episode 7 will literally be nothing you've ever seen or read before from the Star Wars universe. I also hear from several sources that, no matter what you may hear to the contrary, no director has been officially attached to the project.

Meanwhile, there isn't much news regarding the other big Star Wars projects currently in development.

A spoofy cartoon TV series, Detours, was announced in August, spearheaded by Seth Green and the other creators of Robot Chicken. No release dates or networks were revealed, but Disney has said that it envisions some sort of Star Wars presence on its Disney XD channel. I wouldn't be surprised if Detours landed there.

Lastly, there's the live action series, which has been bubbling around since 2008 and which is supposed to take place between Episodes 3 and 4, when Luke Skywalker is growing up.

As I reported earlier, Lucasfilm was still talking in enthusiastic terms about Star Wars: Underworld less than a year ago. At that time, the show had a lot of scripts in the can but no financing. But if there's one thing that Disney has, it's money. Still, insiders tell me it's too soon to expect any announcements on either series. Guess we'll just have to pray that Jar Jar has nothing to do with any of 'em.

Source: http://www.eonline.c...ucasfilm-source

-Rakai'Thwei

#43 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

So doesn't that mean it's official that movie verse canon =/= EU canon?

#44 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

So doesn't that mean it's official that movie verse canon =/= EU canon?

You know, I would be interested in hearing Ruinus thoughts on this.

This sounds like that the new movies would be jettisoning the EU, or perhaps rather the Thrawn books out of canon.

-Rakai'Thwei

#45 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Kingdom Hearts 3.

/thread

#46 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

No.

SW has no place in Kingdom Hearts!

#47 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Wrong! It would be very easy to throw a Star Wars world stop into the game. If you can have Final Fantasy characters popping up, go to a world where you're a lion, join Captain Jack Sparrow, and visit Halloween Town, I really don't think Star Wars would be out of the question.

#48 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Wrong.

#49 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Bah! Y'all are haters. :P

#50 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Don't lick me.

#51 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

Posted Image

#52 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

#53 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Thank fuck they're ignoring the EU.

#54 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

I agree with Bison. Not that I hate the EU because their are comics I love from it but some of them I am not interested in seeing on screen. I was hoping they would do a original story because that's the best way to go. Also with an original story people can't bitch they did it wrong or hate on any changes they make. A original take is a nice and refreshing start for a new set of films.

So who would they get as a Director? That will be very interesting to see who they attach to the project. 2015 is gone be a hell of a year for summer movies.

#55 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Apparently there are RUMORS that Disney is now looking to acquire Hasbro.

http://geek-news.mtv...-buying-hasbro/

-Rakai'Thwei

#56 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'm not shocked about that rumor. I'm surprised they haven't bought Hasbro already. Hasbro would fit perfectly under Disney.

#57 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Wrong! It would be very easy to throw a Star Wars world stop into the game. If you can have Final Fantasy characters popping up, go to a world where you're a lion, join Captain Jack Sparrow, and visit Halloween Town, I really don't think Star Wars would be out of the question.

Except it works for Final Fantasy and Disney - both are entirely fantasy based (though except for the likes of Tron and whatnot - some sci fi thrown into it.)

Disney works magic, FF works magic... Star Wars works... midichlorians.

#58 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Really, it might as well be magic.

#59 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Except it works for Final Fantasy and Disney - both are entirely fantasy based (though except for the likes of Tron and whatnot - some sci fi thrown into it.)

Disney works magic, FF works magic... Star Wars works... midichlorians.

*Refers to above pic* The Force is strong in that one. :P

#60 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

So...is Disney going to buy the apocalypse too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users