• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

I don't see how not escaping a pissed off Sue Storm with her abilities is a bad thing. Once again Taskmaster has fought Spiderman, Two Captain America's at the same time, Daredevil, Deadpool, and more. They are all on Batman's level. Spiderman is smarter then Batman intellect wise, Deadpool plans ahead as well, and others.

Your only looking at his very few feats. Your not looking at his good feats like the ones I mentioned. A pissed off Sue Storm is very dangerous since she is a heavy hitter. Deadpool is one of the best.

Taskmaster has lost to A list heroes. That in no way says anything bad about his abilities.

#42 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
A
C
SCORE
Batman & Robin: 25
Taskmaster: 9
FPA: 3.0

#43 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

I don't see how not escaping a pissed off Sue Storm with her abilities is a bad thing. Once again Taskmaster has fought Spiderman, Two Captain America's at the same time, Daredevil, Deadpool, and more. They are all on Batman's level. Spiderman is smarter then Batman intellect wise, Deadpool plans ahead as well, and others.

Your only looking at his very few feats. Your not looking at his good feats like the ones I mentioned. A pissed off Sue Storm is very dangerous since she is a heavy hitter. Deadpool is one of the best.

Taskmaster has lost to A list heroes. That in no way says anything bad about his abilities.

Baller bro. I know it is only opinion at the end of the day, but in my mind, it counts. I know Taskmaster's feats. I have only stated the fallibility because they are severely undermining and conflicting with his history and his billing. He is an escape artist along with being a H2H fighter. In the many nooks and crannys of the broken city where the heavy sparring was going on, it should have been easy for him to elude the build up and vanish. But no, Marvel had to use him as fodder and show an out of character fear and complete loss of brain functions to be manhandled by Storm.

My questions are these bro:
1) He has repeatedly shown that any tiny piece of the plan deviating means a loss (Moonknight?)
2) He has indeed fought these heroes to a standstill, but when his chips were (mostly) heavier than theirs, not at random or even necessarily unprepared. On one or two instances, yes, he displayed impressive ability, which is why I came to respect the character.
3) DD, Spiderman, Cap are not higher in intellect than Batman. His string of 'intelligence driven' contingencies off or on the fly, or even his ability to innovate with various forms of tech, and even make it, trumps them all combined. This is a gray area where we are obviously disagreeing, and should leave it there. I am only doing the math, looking at character history more than anything. Bats is usually the one to fall in the end even if the chips are down; don;t know if I can say the same for Spiderman. Whether that comes from their difference in roles driven by power sets or not, it is a stat in favour of Bats, period.
4) Taskmaster's sparring results while 'hopeful' were severely conflicted by his losses, (Moonknight, Avengers, Deadpool) whereby each instant conflicted his established abilities.

My take would have been: I would have left the character's integrity intact, not broken it down by folks he is supposed to trump.

Sorry, Bats has no conflicting moments as these. Losses for him stem from being blindsided, or ganged up on, or extensively pre-planned setups. Can never say the same for Taskmaster, who inspite of extensive billing has been manipulated (Civil War), beaten by lesser (Moonknight), and has seen his planning fall apart completely with one chunk going loose.

Humbly, it is my opinion that way bro. Always good debating with you though it has been a long time.

#44 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Yeah Bats and Damian get steamrolled by Tasky.

Not in this time and universe bro, not in any for that matter. Respect n' regards.

#45 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Wrong.

#46 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Wrong.

Alright bro. Your opinion n' mine on two different ends. Respect.

#47 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Batman is not smarter then Spiderman. He is a superior Detective but not smarter then guys like Spiderman, Hank Pym, and more. I haven't seen one good reason why Taskmaster wins. You keep using Taskmaster's very few minor losts to says he would lose to Batman and ignoring all his other feats. Spiderman defeated two beings with the Phoenix Power by simply outsmarting and manipulating them.

You think Taskmaster losing to Storm is a bad feat that says why he would lose here? Are you kidding? Storm is would manhandle Batman too. Your downplaying Taskmaster and others in Marvel. That's all your doing. Taskmaster has out fought A list heroes and superior foes. Batman has not. Your have not listed any real reasons why Taskmaster loses.

Batman doesn't have low feats? Batman hasn't been outsmarted? Batman hasn't lost? Seriously now your gone have to give us better reasons why Taskmaster loses.

#48 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Batman is not smarter then Spiderman. He is a superior Detective but not smarter then guys like Spiderman, Hank Pym, and more. I haven't seen one good reason why Taskmaster wins. You keep using Taskmaster's very few minor losts to says he would lose to Batman and ignoring all his other feats. Spiderman defeated two beings with the Phoenix Power by simply outsmarting and manipulating them.

You think Taskmaster losing to Storm is a bad feat that says why he would lose here? Are you kidding? Storm is would manhandle Batman too. Your downplaying Taskmaster and others in Marvel. That's all your doing. Taskmaster has out fought A list heroes and superior foes. Batman has not. Your have not listed any real reasons why Taskmaster loses.

Batman doesn't have low feats? Batman hasn't been outsmarted? Batman hasn't lost? Seriously now your gone have to give us better reasons why Taskmaster loses.

smarter the spiderman yes smarter then pym no and your saying batman hasn't beat superior foes that is funny thats almost all he did thorough out the 90's and weither you like it or not he has beat superman of course he needed prep and he doesn't have it here but he has defeated deathstroke and taskmaster is no better than him so with robin he wins this .

#49 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

In addition to what bro comicbookfan said:
1) Taskmaster losing to Storm is not bad, if he faced her head on. Where were his special 'escapist skills'? Why did he stare at her power build up, and then get crushed by it? What happened with the Avengers? What happened with Moonknight? What happened with Deadpool? All I see is one bottom line: Where he extensively planned and marginally succeeded, he failed miserably on these other counts. That is not something I can say for Deathstroke or even Bane.
2) Batman being outsmarted? Go ahead bro and list something for me, where he was outsmarted in the course of a plan, or battle. I know this: even if you do manage it, its gonna take you some serious digging. Kindly do not even bother to list the 'R.I.P' storyline, as per Morrison himself, it has a convoluted end, suggesting both his unpreparedness, and his non-preparedness, which by the way is attributed to his 'blind love'.
3) Smart is where smart counts bro. As comicbookfan said, 'smarter' than Pym, I agree. Bats is not smarter than Pym. A better battle strategist than Pym? Yes he is. That is what I have implied by smarts all along, just in case I didn't come across clearly.

Also bro, kindly do not mention me as being anti this or that. Even if you didn't imply it, it sounded like that to me.

#50 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

There are no brothers in Electric Ferret.

#51 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Batman had help defeating Slade and has not beaten him one on one by himself. Taskmaster can't escape some who can in seconds create hurricane force winds, floods, and more.

Do you know about Moon Knight? He is a ex U.S Marine, CIA operative, mercernary, and more. Moon Knight is a great strategist as well. Oh like Nightwing in DC he is a olympic-level athlete, skilled acrobat, and skilled gymnast. Moon Knight has carbonadium as armor, high tech weapons,high tech weapons, and more. Moon Knight is capable of battling Batman and others like Nightwing himself. Why are do you keep bringing him up as if losing to him is a bad thing. Oh by the way Taskmaster choose not to copy Moon Knight's style due to the way Moon Knight was battling him and countering him in the fight.

Batman has been outsmarted by Deathstroke, Hush, Joker, and Bane. Now once again you have provided no reason as to why Taskmaster would win.

Batman barely beat Bane and yes he defeated Jean Paul in the 90s after a good battle. Taskmaster has fought Daredevil, Bucky Barnes as Captain America, Captain America, Spiderman, Daredevil, and more.

#52 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

dont troll. He says it as a sign of respect between the two of them.

@bigballerju

While Batman has lost at times. He has won on larger scales more often. Saying he lost to Deathstroke 1 on 1 may be true but he also beat him with the help of Robin or Nightwing. Deathstroke has been shown to be superior to Taskmaster in several ways and in this fight it is not 1 on 1. Batman has the help of Robin that in the end proves to be too much for taskmaster just like it was too much for the superior to Deathstroke.

#53 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

sirmethos and kainboa want a word with you.

#54 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Umm Batman had help from Nightwing and Tim Drake in that fight. Are they in this fight? No. Damien is useless in this fight. Nightwing nor any of the other Bat family are in this fight. Batman only has Damien in this fight. This is part of his arc from the last match. Your also forgetting the fact even in that fight with Deathstroke Batman had prep time. Batman loses.

#55 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

What one advantage does Taskmaster have that Batman has not faced before? Its not prep, skills, speed, intellect, strength, numbers, or tech.

Taskmaster has nothing going for him that Batman can not win against especially with the help of Damian in this fight. Batman is on par in skills. He is a better tactician. He has more tech. He has the numbers advantage.

#56 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Superior skills, ability to counter every move with physical reflex.

#57 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Superior skills, ability to counter every move with physical reflex.

His skills arent superior. They would be even. The reflex part he has encountered before but how do you block 4 fists with two arms. He would not be able to fight off both Batman and Robin at the same time with the skill they both possess

#58 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

What damn numbers advantage? Damien is useless here. Taskmaster dispatches Damien in seconds. Batman is faster then Taskmaster speed wise? Once again he has fought Spiderman and two Captain Americas at the same time on separate occasions. Speed required too keep up in those two battles speaks for itself. Taskmaster has the fighting skills of Daredevil, Captain America, Elektra, Iron-Fist, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, and more.

Seriously people...

#59 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

He is superior. Ivan even admitted it, like you pointed out earlier.

Fight off multiple individuals? Like this.

Posted Image

#60 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

dont troll. He says it as a sign of respect between the two of them.

No. He says it to effin' everyone. Every. Two. Sentences.

And I forgot about Kain and Methos, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users