168 replies to this topic

#21 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

NIghtwing has nothing to do with Batman & Robin (Keep in mind, I presume this is Damien Wayne for Robin).

And Taskmaster is capable of handling the two of them despite their teamwork - he's been threatened by large scale groups of decently trained people and come out top. He also uses gadgets - iirc he's got a Shield energy weapon projector that forms into whatever weapon he wants (not sure if he still has that.)

Plus he uses Guns (Standard equip).

#22 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

The point of Nightwing is that Batman is just as skilled and could do that too.

I'm just not convinced.

#23 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

In this battle I think Taskmaster would focus most his attention on Batman and that would be his real downfall. Damian is a very skilled and ruthless fighter. Despite his size Damian is more willing to mame and kill if need be.

#24 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

No.

#25 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

In this battle I think Taskmaster would focus most his attention on Batman and that would be his real downfall. Damian is a very skilled and ruthless fighter. Despite his size Damian is more willing to mame and kill if need be.

Except you are downplaying Taskmaster:

With his knowledge and capability of seeing moves - he'd realize that Damien is just as dangerous and will not only focus on Batman...

#26 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

No.

Hey Stepehn Dorff f*ck you and your electronic cigarettes!

#27 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

Look out guys, badass in the house.

#28 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Sigh... Frost is now the definition of "Getting Old".

#29 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hehe.

#30 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

The guy that fought two Captain Americas at the same time, Spiderman, Daredevil & Punisher at the same time, and more is gone lose to Batman with his spoiled brat of a son? I don't think so...

Taskmaster could dispatch Robin easily and defeat Batman after a good battle.

#31 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Batman has fought the likes of Deathstroke and one solo. Stroke cant exactly copy moves but is stronger, has a healing factor, tactically smarter, and has instantaneous reflexes. Batman has taken him out one on one which equates to almost similar to Task in skill with a little difference here and there. Batman and Nightwing took out an Amazo that had Supes strength, Flashs speed, and Supes Heat vision as well. While granted Nightwing is more experienced, Damian is a more skilled fighter straight up.

I just feel that with the caliber of people Batman has taken out that he is on par with Taskmaster at every turn (minus the enhanced speed) except he is a smarter tactician than Tasky. Adding in Robin gives Batman the edge he needs for distractions and numbers of Tasky.

#32 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Batman beat Slade once and he had help. Taskmaster regularly faces superior opponents and sometimes even wins. Batman has not regularly fought foes on the levels like two Captain Americas at once, Spiderman, Venom, and more.

#33 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Sigh... Frost is now the definition of "Getting Old".

Now? Been old for a while.

I think Taskmaster could definitely beat Robin, any version, probably, and perhaps Batman, as well, in one-on-one fights, but with both of them attacking him at the same time, with his attention divided, his focus split between both of them, and all the gadgets they have to throw at him, and Batman's own considerable skill and combat prowess, i think he loses this. Not easily, he just does.

#34 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

That energy device is sooo overrated. Tasky with sword n' guns is enough. In terms of pure skill you've got to go with Taskmaster, but guys like Cap and Panther are able to consistently outwit Tasky, and outwitting people is kinda Batman's specialty. The scenario is empty, so we don't know why they're fighting, but odds are Taskmaster fails his direct objective but escapes being taken into custody.

This from Ivan a while back kinda sums it up

#35 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, that seems correct, in my eyes.

#36 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Taskmaster though outwits guys like Spiderman, Captain America, and Venom himself. The fact they can never catch him says so itself.

#37 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Sometimes, there are moments in comic history that just dispel myths or long standing perceptions in a few panels. Tasky fell victim to just a scenario. This is my honest take: Taskmaster (like many B-level but billed as over the top villains) is overrated. I regarded him as a big deal. Until I saw him lose (rather embarrassingly too) to Deadpool who 'outshone' his 'copying' skills handily before putting him in an embarrassing setup and embarrassing trap. Everything about it was embarrassing. While I personally found it 'distasteful' for Tasky to go down like that, it was documented, and on record, that a fighter like Deadpool who had a long hard fight with Bullseye (who is rated easily and perhaps rather wrongly too, below Taskmaster in H2H and close range fighting) out did Taskmaster rather embarrassingly, rather easily. Lets not even go into schemantics here.

Here in this setup (which is OK by the way), we are here talking about a duo who are absolute in H2H, close range/long range combat, and while Damian is still young, there is Bats. I actually do not believe that there are folks here who are dispatching the duo like it was bread n' butter. That said; Taskmaster will not win. He will lose. The only compensation or benefit of doubt I can give is this:
1) If Damian acts out of line (which he has tendency to do, to be fair), and gets taken hostage or on knife point, Tasky wins.
2) There is no other scenario here for Taskmaster to bring to the table what can take Bats out.

My two cents, Bats wins, except only for the rather huge consideration of an erring Damian, in which case it would be a cheap win for Tasky. Since that is only a 'supposition', the technical win belongs to Bats and Co.

#38 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Taskmaster is underrated actually and always has been regardless of his abilities. Also losing to Deadpool is not an embarrassment. Deadpool despite his insanity and crazy ways is a damn good merc. Deadpool has made a ass out of Wolverine and others too.

#39 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Taskmaster is underrated actually and always has been regardless of his abilities. Also losing to Deadpool is not an embarrassment. Deadpool despite his insanity and crazy ways is a damn good merc. Deadpool has made a ass out of Wolverine and others too.

Hey Baller bro. I would like to agree with you, but a merc. that has the insane knowledge and ability to adapt to a fighting style instantly could only go down in the most casual manner due to 2 things:
1) PIS
2) He is 'susceptible

Susceptibility is what Bats thrives on. Take Deathstroke for instance; he is susceptible, but his list of losses (mostly) come out of team-ups or blindsides. There is no 'embarrassing' loss that was not explained or covered up. It just puts a strong noticeable dent in a character's billing when you show him go down to even an equal, the way Taskmaster did to Pool. Not only that, in the Civil War storyline, it was quite nonsensical, that where he could have easily 'escaped' Sue Richards, he was just dumbstruck to move, letting her roll all over him. I am not saying Taskmaster is a casual everyday butt wipe, but I am saying he has shown a strong susceptibility, and that is the window Bats thrives on. Bats is not Deadpool, he calculates, schemes 10 steps ahead at all times. Even the new Bats (Grayson) has somewhat adapted to this method. You just can't say that Bats will go down to Tasky because Tasky has those capabilities. You have to match up to outings, and experiences and then decide where the fight is likely headed.

I am with Bats in this fight, even if I count out Damian. Sorry, call me frustrated with the way characters are treated, but I lost my faith in Taskmaster during his last whimsical loss. I know its not fair to him, but it will sure as hell not be fair period for us to use that 'over-billing' and make him steamroll someone like Bats who is probably the smartest opponent Taskmaster will ever face.

#40 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Yeah Bats and Damian get steamrolled by Tasky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users