#41 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Not to mention two of said posts are identical to each other.

#42 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Nightwing

#43 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Altair doesn't have indestructible armor. Also, a projectile launched from a spring loaded pistol would be pathetically easy for Nightwing to dodge. Especially since the pistol probably has an effective range of like 2 meters.

#44 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'm not one to post feats, but these feats should suffice to show that Altair's range weapons won't do much. There are more of these out there if anyone cares to see them.

#46 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm not one to post feats, but these feats should suffice to show that Altair's range weapons won't do much. There are more of these out there if anyone cares to see them.

and in all of those cases, Nightwing is aware that somebody is about to shoot at him, in the case of Altair, he wouldn't know about it, until he hears the bang, which makes it a completely different scenario.

#47 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

What about the second one where he is in the air and has literally 21 people shooting at him. I can find some scans where he wasn't aware he was going to be shot.

#48 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Dodges Superman's heat vision at close range with an injured leg
Posted Image
Dodges starbolt(much faster than a bullet) while not expecting it
Posted Image
Dodging lasers
Posted Image
Dodging sentry guns at close range
Posted Image
Fact is, there is nothing in Altair's arsenal he can't dodge, whether if his guard is up or down.

#49 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

When I see regular people dodging faster-than-arrow weaponry, I have a good explanation for it. It's usually due to anticipation of attacking. If you know the moments and signals something is about to shoot you, you can still get out of the way of the line of fire before he gets to fire. Spidey doesn't dodge bullets because he's that fast. He does it because Sipdey Sense gives him a warning in addition to his unnaturally fast reflexes. Same with Nightwing in all those instances (I'm pretty sure an angry shout from Starfire is a good giveaway of an incoming starbolt.). A normal or even a decent shot wouldn't expect someone to more out of the way and thus would be too slow to react in time.

Still, it would be enough for him to dodge Altair's weaponry. I think it would be enough for him to win, but he would still be in trouble if Altair manages to get a secret shot.

#50 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

When I see regular people dodging faster-than-arrow weaponry, I have a good explanation for it. It's usually due to anticipation of attacking. If you know the moments and signals something is about to shoot you, you can still get out of the way of the line of fire before he gets to fire. Spidey doesn't dodge bullets because he's that fast. He does it because Sipdey Sense gives him a warning in addition to his unnaturally fast reflexes. Same with Nightwing in all those instances (I'm pretty sure an angry shout from Starfire is a good giveaway of an incoming starbolt.). A normal or even a decent shot wouldn't expect someone to more out of the way and thus would be too slow to react in time.

Still, it would be enough for him to dodge Altair's weaponry. I think it would be enough for him to win, but he would still be in trouble if Altair manages to get a secret shot.

A very good point. But Spider-man doesn't need spier-sense to dodge bullets. This is him not using Spider-sense but still dodging close range gunfire.

Posted Image

As for someone like DareDevil his radar sene gives him the heads up because he can hear someone about to squeeze the trigger which gives him enough time to dodge.

But you are absolutely right. Nightwing would need to anticiplate Altair gunfire, mean really lets fae it. Altair isn't a slouch in Hand-to-Hand, gunfire, or stealth as other said. He was basically the Batman of his time(except he kills) I think it can go either way just depends on who uses their more leathal arsenal i.e like Altairs gun or Nightwings knockout gas. So, it can do either way.

Amazing set up by the way. :D

#51 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

snip

This, basically:

Altair doesn't have indestructible armor. Also, a projectile launched from a spring loaded pistol would be pathetically easy for Nightwing to dodge. Especially since the pistol probably has an effective range of like 2 meters.

They were perfect, thank you.

What you described there is aim dodging, which is something Nightwing is extremely adept at. Altair probably has the physical ability, the aim, the speed, the intelligence, to hit Nightwing with a thrown or fired weapon, but the weapons he has can't move fast enough and Nightwing knows that Altair is trying to kill him. It's close, but Nightwing does win.

#52 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

What you described there is aim dodging, which is something Nightwing is extremely adept at. Altair probably has the physical ability, the aim, the speed, the intelligence, to hit Nightwing with a thrown or fired weapon, but the weapons he has can't move fast enough and Nightwing knows that Altair is trying to kill him. It's close, but Nightwing does win.

Did you actually read the setup?

Nightwing has no idea that Altair is after him.

#53 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
A
A
B