51 replies to this topic

#21 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Or, you know, Nightwing could just taser him.

Or Altair could just stab him.

#22 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Plus there's always walk up, prick, 'hey who was that guy', 'oh wow I feel poisoned', dead. Or was that only in revelations? I should have played all these games as preparation for a electric ferret match.

That was Ezio in both Brotherhood and Revelations, possibly also in AC2.

Altair made some schematics for a poison addition to the hidden blade, but as far as I can remember, he never actually used it.

#23 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

It could get to H-H very quick since Altair would be the initiator. Though he lacks technology, his weapons are designed to be lethal and NW's are specifically designed to not be lethal.

Plus there's always walk up, prick, 'hey who was that guy', 'oh wow I feel poisoned', dead. Or was that only in revelations? I should have played all these games as preparation for a electric ferret match.

Altair has the more lethal weapons, but Nightwing has the more versatile and high-tech gear. Nightwing can take Altair down before the assassin gets close enough to use all his lethality. Altair has to be close to do any real damage, but Nightwing wont let that happen, what with his tasers, and darts, and wing-dings, and whatnot.

If neither of them had any weapons or gear or anything, and it was a purely hand-to-hand fight, then Altair could win, but it wouldn't be easy. It wont be easy as it is, but Nightwing's gear gives him the win.

#24 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Or Altair could just stab him.

Altair has to get up close to Nightwing to stab him. At which point Nightwing could block, counter, etc. What can Altair do if Nightwing wants to taser him?

#25 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

He could attempt to dodge, but Nightwing has too much to throw at Altair to lose this. See my above post.

#26 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Altair has to get up close to Nightwing to stab him. At which point Nightwing could block, counter, etc. What can Altair do if Nightwing wants to taser him?

?

A taser and a knife work in the same distance. Nightwing would have to get up just as close to use it. And the assassin's creed guys can dodge like olympic orangatangs

#27 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Nightwing's weapons have more range than Altair's, and the assassins are great at dodging old school weapons, not high-tech projectiles.

#28 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

It's amusing that 1. People seem to assume that it's going to come down to an actual fight. and 2. People seem to be completely discarding Altair's combat skills, which are quite considerable.

#29 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

All the points made still stand, regardless of how skilled Altair is.

#30 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Except, you know, for the fact that the points you've made are wrong.

"Altair has the more lethal weapons, but Nightwing has the more versatile and high-tech gear. Nightwing can take Altair down before the assassin gets close enough to use all his lethality. Altair has to be close to do any real damage, but Nightwing wont let that happen, what with his tasers, and darts, and wing-dings, and whatnot."

Underlined the important part.

No, Altair doesn't necessarily have to get close.

Altair with(and I quote from Deojusto's post) "all his gear from the games. If he has better gear in one game then he does in another, go with that.", means that he has both the Crossbow, Poison Darts and the Pistol. All of which he can use comfortably from a distance.

As for Nightwing's equipment, he doesn't have anything that is so advanced, that Altair hasn't encountered, at least equivalents, before. i.e. Darts(similar to the poison darts the altair and ezio use), Wing-dings(not particularly harder to dodge than thrown knives or crossbow bolts). And his Tasers are close-range weapons, no harder to dodge than a knife would be.

"Nightwing's weapons have more range than Altair's, and the assassins are great at dodging old school weapons, not high-tech projectiles."

No, Nightwing's weapons don't have more range than Altair's. And the assassins have dodged weapons that are just as difficult as anything in Nightwing's standard arsenal.

#31 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Nightwing's projectiles would project things a lot further and faster than anything Altair has encountered or has on him, and Nightwing is definitely the more skilled hand-to-hand combatant, although not by much. They are both capable of dodging the long-ranged weapons that the other has, but Nightwing's long-ranged weapons are superior to those belonging to Altair. Plus, the effectiveness of Nightiwng's weapons is made all the more dangerous by his own training and combat prowess, which, along with his gear, make him superior to anyone Altair has fought. I think it would be close, probably a drawn out dodging-fest and then a close-up fist-fight, but Nightwing definitely wins in the end.

Also, i thought it was just Ezio who got a pistol.

#32 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

?

A taser and a knife work in the same distance. Nightwing would have to get up just as close to use it. And the assassin's creed guys can dodge like olympic orangatangs

... What are you talking about? Nightwing has a ranged taser. As in, it uses compressed gas to fire a set of prongs at a target and then delivers an electrical current through the wire.

Or he could use a sedative tipped dart launcher (I'm pretty sure Altair wouldn't be able to dodge a dart fired from Nightwing's gauntlet). Or a knockout gas pellet. Even if Altair dodges the pellet, he'll still be exposed to the gas.

Also, I doubt there's any evidence Altair used darts. Even if he did, Nightwing's a bullet dodger.

#33 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Thank you.

#34 ninjaman1848

ninjaman1848

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Hating all of humanity

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

altair wins because A. he has the superior skill B. he is more ruthless and C. He has the killing weapons.

#35 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

No, no, and see above for why the last one doesn't matter.

#36 Guest_Fabian Hall_*

Guest_Fabian Hall_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Altair would win with his stealth
Nightwing would win with a fight

#37 Guest_Fabian Hall_*

Guest_Fabian Hall_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Force Echo- Altair uses throwing knives and in Revelations used a spring-loaded pistol!!

#38 Guest_Fabian Hall_*

Guest_Fabian Hall_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Force Echo- Altair uses throwing knives and in Revelations used a spring-loaded pistol!!

#39 Guest_Fabian Hall_*

Guest_Fabian Hall_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Plus Altair has his indestructible invincible Armour! Not to mention the Apple of Eden!!

#40 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Heh, why the quadruple post?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users