Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Sorry about neglecting this the gun is a 9mm if that helps any thing

#62 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

So I guess nobody has the Freddy vs Jason DVD right? The timeline is in the feature section. It shows you all the movies for Jason and Freddy leading up until Freddy vs Jason. Jason X is not canon. Neither is New Nightmare.

Its funny people are telling me I am wrong when its on the DVD. Hell the timeline was on the Freddy vs Jason website at the time I think as well that was up to promote the film.

#63 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

What part of "it takes place after FvJ" did you have trouble understanding?

Jason X's first scene, where he gets frozen, was set in 2008, five years after FvJ. So Jason faced Freddy, remained at Crystal Lake for the next five years, then got captured by the government, at which point the events of Jason X occurred and he died once and for all.

#64 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

What part of Jason X is not canon and not part of the timeline which it shows on the DVD could you not see? On the DVD it has on the timeline Jason X and New Nightmare are not canon and part of those movies.

Edit: Oh to further prove your wrong on this. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash takes place right after Freddy vs Jason. That series was officially announced as canon as well.

#65 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

The key word being TIMELINE. The extra on the DVD covered the events of each slasher up until their meeting, so of course Jason X wasn't mentioned. It took place five years later.

New Nightmare isn't canon for obvious reasons, but again, there's no evidence whatsoever that the same goes for Jason X.

Edit: All you're "proving" is that you're incapable of grasping simple concepts. I ask again: which takes precedence in terms of canon, an actual film from the series, or a comic book?

#66 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

No it didn't because Freddy vs Jason vs Ash and Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: Nightmare Warriors takes place after Freddy vs Jason. Once again those series were officially announced as canon and taking place right after Freddy vs Jason.

#67 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Tell you what, find a statement from someone who worked on the movie that confirms it takes place outside of continuity and I'll be happy to concede. Until then, all you're doing is speculating.

#68 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Let me make this very clear. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash takes place 5 years after the Freddy vs Jason movie. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was announced as officially cannon. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:Nightmare Warriors the sequel is also canon.

So no Jason X did not take place five years later like you claim.

#69 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Just because both took place 5 years later...does not mean Jason X could not have taken place.

#70 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Impossible if you look at the events of both the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comics and Jason X. The two are no way connected nor show any relation. You add in Jason vs Jason X and its impossible for Jason X to be canon. Storywise its impossible.

On the timeline it said New Nightmare and Jason X were not part of the timeline. It was actually on the Freddy vs Jason website at the time. It was also on the DVD.

#71 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

The movie doesnt exactly state it happens 5 years after does it? I dont remember it saying that. I'll watch it later tonight to find out for sure. Either way the movie occurs after Freddy vs Jason so it would not be in the timeline leading up to the movie. More than one event can occur 5 years after the movie. Same as in other comics where the Justice League faces down several major opponents in a single year. While all the characters also deal with things individually.

#72 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Anyone else find it hilarious when people throw around incorrect facts while ignoring the people who actually know what they're talking about? I certainly do.

#73 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yeah. Bigballerju is might as well be holding his hands over his ears at this point while yelling, "LALALA! Not listening!"

And like you pointed out AvP, this also runs counter to his previous argument that supposedly we always go with movies because that's what people are more familiar with. Except when it doesn't suit your argument, of course, then we go with the obscure comics.

#74 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Except for the fact this isn't a adaption based off a book. Stop trying to take that previous arguement and use it against me because it doesn't apply. Their was more to that. David Rice from the Jumper film is in the database and not the book that nobody knows about or has even read. Nice try using that previous movie arguement but that's different and this is dealing with a comic that's a actual sequel.

AVP is the one who stated Jason X takes place 5 years after Freddy vs Jason not me. He even stated Jason died once and for all which is false since we don't know where Jason X would take place if it were canon. I also like the fact you ignored what I said about Freddy vs Jason vs Ash which is part of the story and is canon. You also ignored the DVD part and the Freddy vs Jason website point. I have yet to see either of you explain where Jason X takes place and how it fits in.

But yea let's go with I don't know what I am talking about and I am ignoring people's posts...

#75 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

"LALALA! Not listening!"

Heh that reminds me of this:
Posted Image

#76 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

LOL pretty much describes some of the debates on CBUB.

#77 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Except for the fact this isn't a adaption based off a book. Stop trying to take that previous arguement and use it against me because it doesn't apply. Their was more to that. David Rice from the Jumper film is in the database and not the book that nobody knows about or has even read. Nice try using that previous movie arguement but that's different and this is dealing with a comic that's a actual sequel.

AVP is the one who stated Jason X takes place 5 years after Freddy vs Jason not me. He even stated Jason died once and for all which is false since we don't know where Jason X would take place if it were canon. I also like the fact you ignored what I said about Freddy vs Jason vs Ash which is part of the story and is canon. You also ignored the DVD part and the Freddy vs Jason website point. I have yet to see either of you explain where Jason X takes place and how it fits in.

But yea let's go with I don't know what I am talking about and I am ignoring people's posts...

Stop backpedaling. You explicitly stated that the reasoning for going by the movie rather than the book in regards to Twilight is because more people are familiar with the film. The fact that that's horrendous reasoning aside, you'd think that would be the case. How many people have read that comic? Now how many people have seen Jason X, by comparison? The latter has had a lot more viewers than the former has readers.

And no, the whole "well one is an actual sequel and the other isn't!" thing doesn't work, as AvP and others have proven that Jason X does not, by any means, conflict with the existing Friday the 13th plot-line. But that concept seems to be way over your head, because you're stuck in some kind of silly belief system where Voorhees can only be bothered to get off his butt once a year or something.

No, no one has ignored what you said about the timeline on the DVD. It's just that your logic is flawed there, too. You simply seem to be incapable of realizing that Jason X explicitly takes place after Freddy vs Jason. No shit Sherlock, of course it's not on the timeline leading up to the movie that takes place before it.

Also, using your example with Jumper, are you saying we should use only the feats from the movie because it's more popular? Because I would have no problem with someone using book feats in a Jumper discussion, unless the OP stated "movie version".

Also, how about some links proving your assertion about the canonocity (or lack thereof) regarding the comic, Jason X, etc.? Citations needed, my friend.

#78 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Where does it say Jason X even takes place at all in the same Universe? It was never said that movie was canon to the original Friday movies, Freddy vs Jason, and the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash storyline. It was officially announced that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash takes place after Freddy vs Jason 5 years later and is canon. After that we also have Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:Nightmare Warriors which is also canon. They have never said Jason X was canon either nor bother to try and connect it to the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash storyline which is canon. I have a feeling both of us could keep going to the end of time debating on this but I am just trying to say all signs point to Jason X not being canon. I already told you on the timeline it says Jason X and New Nightmare aren't a part of it. The timeline was on the Freddy vs Jason dvd I had of all the movies.

By the way no AVP didn't proof that Jason X doesn't conflict with the storyline. The Friday the 13th storyline goes from the first Friday movie to Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: Nightmare Warriors. The first Freddy vs Jason vs Ash before Nightmare Warriors takes place 5 years after Freddy vs Jason. Freddy vs Jason takes place after Jason goes to Hell.

At this point I getting tired.

#79 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Head/Desk.

#80 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

From what I read, all of the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash nonsense happens before Jason X. So, Jason X would be canon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users