Photo
- - - - -

Battle Rock: Round 1, Match 3, Be'at-Dow'n: God of Disco vs Boiling Point Inc.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

“Tell me what you know before I fill your other lung with water.”

The informant’s head was dunked into the toilet another time. The bubbles racing out of it gurgled as they reached the top of the bowl. Merci leaned against the wall of the men’s-room, near the door in case anyone should try and interrupt. Tony had one hand on the back of the man’s head. His other held the sawed-off close to the man’s neck.

The bubbles were slowing down; Tony yanked the informant back into the air. The man gasps and spews water.

“Tell me about the Battle Rock.”

“I swear I don’t know,” the informant chokes out in between hacks. He begins to steady himself.

Tony shoves the head down again. The man scrambles and manages to place his arms against the bowl, barely managing to fight going back in.

“I told you, I don’t know.”

“Nine Angels of Mercy have disappeared in the last month. Somebody is targeting us, and it all points back to this Battle Rock deal. Now squeal little piggy before I plug ya.”

The man’s nose touches the water

“Wait! Yeah, ok. Battle Rock. What do you want to know?”

“What is it?”

“It’s some sort of underground fighting ring. And not some palooka’s beating each other bloody in an abandoned warehouse. Real powerful folks.”

Tony pulls the man back. The informant rolls to his side, his messy blonde hair dripping with toilet water. He looks up at the man with the shotgun.

“They pull talent from all around, and force them to fight to the death. Meta-humans, master assassins, monsters, you name it. I once saw Captain Gutpunch fight his weight in were-rats.”

“What do they have against the Angels?”

“Heck if I know man. The Battle Rock brings in vigilantes, heroes, hitmen, you name it. The Angels have a lot of great talent to chose from, that’s probably why they get targeted.”

“How are they targeted?”

“Heck if I know.”

Tony lowers the shotgun to the informant’s kneecap. The man whines.

“Seriously man I don’t f**kin’ know. Nobody does. I just take bets on the fights. You pay a web subscription. 200 bucks a month and you get a live feed to the Battle Rock.”

“Where does the money go to?”

“To an online account number. No name, no company, and the account changes every month or so. I don’t deal with anyone, I’ve never seen the fights in person. No one I’ve met has ever seen the Battle Rock and I’ve never even met the people who run it. The only name I know…”

He pauses. Tony pulls the trigger back. The man swallows.

“Who?”

“The announcer,” he says, “she’s always the same. Got a voice like a schoolgirl… she calls herself 'Playmate'. And I swear Mr. De Luca, that’s all the damn information I have.”

Tony nods. He pulls the gun back. He begins to walk out of the room.

“Thanks. You’ve been very helpful.”

Merci throws a towel at the man’s face, then she and Tony exit together. The informant wipes his dripping face with the towel. His hand then roams into his pocket and retrieves a small phone. He texts the words “He just left” to a recent number.

By this time Tony and Merci had crossed out of the bathroom, through the pet-shop that acted as the informant’s front operation, and onto the quiet Lowtown street it sat on. They walked quietly and calmly and were seemingly alone. Then he heard it, the buzzing.

Tony felt his legs begin to buckle. Merci grabbed his side.

“Tony are you feeling ok—”

Then everything went dark…..

His eyes began to peel open. The new room was dark and plain. With a grunt he began to slowly rise to his feet. Somebody had managed to get the drop on him. That was rare; if he had the strength he might have kicked himself for it.

“Wakey wakey, Tony. You have a big day, and I have so much planned for you…”

The voice was so squeaky and chipper it made him come close to vomiting. He looked across the room but saw no one near him to own the voice.

“Where are you? Where am I? What have you done to Merci?”

“In correct order, none of your business, a small dark room, and she’s behind you Mr. Detective.”

Tony swiveled back, Merci was slumped near his feet and her eyes were still shut tight. Tony reached down and grasped her. She began to wake as he brought her to her feet.

“What? Tony… I…I’m sorry I didn’t see it coming. I saw you go down, then, I just lost it and I was out like a light.”

“That’s okay doll. Neither of us saw it coming.”

“Oooooooooh, isn’t that sweet,” The disembodied voice coos.

Tony notices that the voice seems to come from the walls themselves. He begins to scan the room for the source.

“Let me guess,” he says, “I’m in the Battle Rock. And you’re this Playmate doll.”

“Oh my, fantastic job! Though I gotta say it’s far less impressive since I know that you’ve been investigating me for the last few weeks. Seriously Tony, a girl has a right to her privacy.”

There had to be speakers somewhere, but he couldn’t tell how she was doing it.

“What do you want?”

“A Porsche, the crown jewels, a nice summer home that overlooks the French Riviera. But right now I just want you to step towards the door in front of you. The games can’t begin until you step into the action. But I have to ask you Tony, do you feel up to it. Can you get down with the Battle Rock; are you funky enough to compete?”

The door swung itself open. Spastic lights shoot through and wild music beats into Tony’s tiny cell. With little hesitation Tony steps forward. He feels inside his suit, his gun remained right where he left it, so at least they left him with some means to defend himself. But defend himself from what?

From disco apparently. The next room was a tremendous dance hall. The floor tiles flashed with rhythmic motion and a shining mirror ball spun above his head. A man in a flame-red silk shirt stood in the center of the hall. He seemed to dance his way over to Tony. The detective palmed his gun a little tighter.

“Whoa, chill, be cool man” the dancing man said, “we’re all hip here. I’m guessing you both got caught up in this wild chick's tricks too.”

“Yeah, I think so,” Tony replies.

The dancing man extends his hand and Tony shakes it.

“I’m called Be’at-dow’n. Don’t worry about that though. I’m what you’d call some sort of sanctified spirit of the groove. I’m the dancing deity of disco, can you dig it?”

Tony thought this Jabroni was asking to have his face re-arranged. But he didn’t say it. Be’at-dow’n began to electric slide around Tony and shuffle towards Merci, who was having none of it.

“You see one night I found myself at the club,” he said, “and I was kicking it up. But then in between the grooves I thought I heard this unfunky buzzing in my ear. Next thing I know I’m on this dance floor all alone, till you showed up.”

Playmate comes back and her voice squeaks over the pounding disco.

“Sorry for the delay fellas, had a bit of trouble with another match. I've got this monster thing and it escaped it's cell, then killed the wrong opponent, now it's going after this old guy. Long story, but I fixed it. But anyways, I’m here now, so why don’t you two start destroying each other with extra gusto to make up for lost time.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, foxy lady,” the disco god exclaims, “I ain’t fightin somebody just because you set me off like that. That’s not how I get down.”

“Well I’m glad you brought that up,” she replies, “because I thought of that. You see that floor you’re both standing on?”

A single floor tile explodes behind them with a crushing boom.

“You see it’s just jam packed with landmines. You decide you don’t want to fight, and I blow both of you to smithereens.”

Tony pulls his gun out and holds it ready. The Disco God looks his way.

“Guess we’re both stuck in this crazy mess together. I’ll try to go easy on you.”

Tony breaks a tiny smirk.

“Sure you will,”

The discoball lights up like stage lighting. The music changes tracks to The Hustle. Merci begins to back away as her man stares off with his first opponent.

“Round 1, Match 3: Dance Dance Mutilation! Boiling Point Incorporated vs Be’at-dow’n, begin!”

The Rules:
1. No quoting please. This is a turn based RP, so no need to quote. One person attacks/defends, the next person attacks/defends until someone loses. Simple as that.
2. Limit the OOC. If you have a question post it to the main Battle Rock Thread.
3. No Role playing your opponent. You can state your move, but not your opponent’s reaction.
4. With a tie for agility stats, first move goes to whoever posts first.
5. Special Arena: The Dancehall! Be careful how you dance ladies and gents, there are landmines under that floor. I will dole out damage randomly to either combatant if you are unlucky enough to set off a mine.
4. Have fun. I will sometimes tell you what damage (if any) you did to your opponent and I will let you know when one of you drops. If you use a special attack and want to know the results before making your next move, it may serve you well to wait on me to tell you.

#2 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Round 1

Real good De Luca. F**king amateur night at the Apollo and I’m your host. De Luca’s mind raced as he watched the pretty boy dance around the floor. This was ridiculous. He was supposed to be investigating the disappearances, not participating. Doesn't matter. He thought. He was here now. Next step, win or lose.

Lose and I might get to stick around and investigate this place from the inside out. Then again, I might be killed right here in this room. Too risky.

Win and I might get to go to the top. Meet the boss. Of course, now that the jig is up, I’ve got all the cards stacked against me if I do get there. Not like he or she is just going to let me walk up to him or her with a shotgun and blow his or her brains out.

Oh well, he thought. Ma didn’t raise no losers. Plus, they let me keep Merci. Heh heh.

“Stay still Merci, don’t move from that spot.” He called out to his girl. “We’ll be out of this in no time.” He lied. Tony had been in pit fights before. Hell, he grew up in them. The Bottom Boys used to routinely fight for rank in the old park back home. Likewise, the Syndicate used to mimic their old tradition by making them fight in an abandoned warehouse. This wasn’t much different, just flashier. Tony looked at the floor wearily. His eyes slid up to his opponent. He didn’t want to hurt the guy. He was alright. A freak, but alright nonetheless. Then again, maybe he didn’t mind dislocating something to make him stand still. But the guy was innocent and Tony wasn’t stupid. These kind of things usually ended in death. He scowled, it damn sure wasn’t going to be his. He thought. If I have to, I'll blow this guys disco ball clear off his shoulders. Ma De Luca’s boy was raised on a heaping helping of kill or be killed and looking at shiny pants over there, he knew the kid didn’t play at those stakes.

Regardless, he remembered what the perp said earlier. These palookas in these matches are usually super-powered. Tony didn’t mind supers as long as they were on his side. Twinkle toes here was obviously a super-dupe type. Hell, he didn’t even flinch at the sight of Tony’s big ass gun. The guy was way too comfortable in the presence of a loaded weapon. There were definitely other tricks up his sleeve and he was not powered at all. He would have to tread carefully and still this was going to be tricky. At any rate, Tony stood still, observed, looking for anything that could be used to his advantage.

Tony goes with Tactician using Mind stat

#3 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

"Come on man lets not get down on this funky broad's ungrooviness train. Join me and it'll all be smooth and funky, so just do yourself a favor and DO THE HUSTLE."

The God of Disco dances to the music, his hips swaying rhythmically, if not hypnotically.

Mind Attacks Mind with Mind Control

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Round 2

Tony's eyebrow perks as he watches the feet of his opponent. The swaggering moves of the dancer are indeed hypnotic. Only problem, Tony hates disco. He's more of a lounge music kinda guy. He raises his sawed-off slowly, protectively. His gaze slowly blurs. "Trust me kiddo, I wrote the book on hustlin. Hustler rule number 5: Never underestimate your opponent and his capabilities." Tony watches the swaying feet and follows their movement. The shaft of his weapon follows as well...

A booming shot goes off that echoes across the room.

Strength attacks Legs using Piercing Weapon

"No hard feelings kid."

#5 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Round 2

"Woah!" The Disco God exclaims, electric sliding out of the way without missing a beat. "A cool cat like you and you don't like DISCO? That's cool man, that is ice cold cool. But, you gotta know something about disco. It can be..." He takes a moment to strike a pose.

"Hypnotic!"

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Round 3

Tony shakes the cobwebs lose as the mesmerizing dance threatens to throw him for a loop. The dancer stops to strike a pose as he shuffles around on the tiled floor. “Perfect…”, Tony says leaning forward a bit clumsily with a smile. Keeping his eyes on the feet of the disco god (threatening to hypnotize himself), Tony aims again, “That’s right…just keep dancin Charlie Brown, just keep dancin”

Strength attacks Agility using Piercing

#7 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

"KABOOM--KABOOM! I love it when these claudes set off my wonderful landmines. We'll maybe they set them off, or maybe I just randomly doll out explosions for kicks.

Well it seems our lovely detective has managed to avoid the hypnotic powers of Be'at-Dow'n so far. It's hard not to dance; I'm doing a little boogie in my chair in the announcer's booth as we speak.

As for De Luca,that toughness of his is giving him an edge in these early rounds, but let's see how his stamina holds up against the undying disco as our match continues."

Round 2

Tony De Luca: Strength attacks using Piercing Weapon
Result: attack succeeds and with tactician bonus it does Heavy Damage.

Be'at-Dow'n: Mind attacks with Mind control
Result: attack succeeds, does average damage. Doesn't roll high enough to have a special effect.
--------
Tony De Luca: Very Strong (But barely)

Be'at-Dow'n: Strong + (But barely)

(So I saw in past matches it could be confusing to describe the HP levels for contenders with above average HP. I won't say how much, but Very strong is a measurement that Tony started with more HP then average. I will use this in matches to come for other characters as well, I just didn't think of it till now.

As for the match itself you're both doing ok. Treach is rolling a little higher, but it's still early. You both set off traps in different rounds which dinged you a bit. Keep it up guys!)

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

(random segue chatter)

“S__T!” Tony exclaimed. Drawing his weapon up, he tried to protect his eyes from the blast as his body took the worst. He could feel the shrapnel and conflagration tearing at his skin and through his clothes. His first thought was protect Merci. He tried to widen himself as he heard her scream behind him. “Lousy cafone, we’re going to take this to the mattresses when I get out of here!” He shouted aloud to the mysterious voice. Quickly glancing forward, he notices that the disco guy took the brunt of the blast, using the distraction to his advantage Tony turns towards his rear and checks on Merci, “You okay sweetheart.” Curled in a ball, she peers out from beneath her arms which are folded over her knees in a fetal position. “Sure Tony, no problem. Finish killing the dancer please, so we can get outta here.” Tony smiles and turns his attention back around. “Right… back to twinkle toes”, he says as he brushes the small flickering flames around his pants legs.

Observing the floor, Tony notices that the dancer had triggered a few tiles mines as he danced. Just as Tony had planned. The problem however, were the extra tiles a few feet away from the dancer that had also went off without any evident pressure. Tony glowered fiercely. His initial plan was to let twinkle toes take the brunt of the tile floor bombs while he stood firm, but it seems that the mysterious voice was indeed in control of the detonations. Guess, a change of plans is in order, he thought.

#9 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Round 3

The God of Disco groaned. A little more then miffed from the land minds stopping his groove rather then the pain. He quickly bounces back on his feet, and watches respectfully as the pair recovered from the blast.

"Yo, you ok? I gotta tell ya, this really isn't my thang, you dig? With all this, all of this. I just wanna get my groove on, but, this crazy cat up there blowing up the dance floor, just doesn't sit with me yo know?" He begins to say as he feels the beat inside him again, the Patron Saint of the Disco starts hustling hypnotically again.

"Does it sift with you, cool cat?"

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Round 4

"They'll be siftin' youse out the river in a minute ya lousy, no good..." Clear and obvious agitation grew on Tony’s face as he muttered obscenities under his breath. “Again with tha dancin!” he shouted. The more disturbing portion of the scenario was the fact that the music was starting to have an adverse effect on him. As the dancer's movements skittered across the tiles without a care in the world, Tony noticed his own foot.

…it was tapping

…to the beat.

Promptly, Tony had to restrain his arm from blowing his own foot off. He took a deep disconcerted breath; his face, a contorted scowl of contempt. Quickly he took one more look at Merci to his own horror.

…she was dancing

…to the beat.

That did it. “That’s the final straw fairy feet!” He roared loudly as his own will to hate disco kicked into overdrive. Frenzied, his eyes raced around the dance floor until he saw what he was looking for. As he bent to one knee to pick up a broken piece of tile, he had to hold his hip as it threatened to bump to the beat. Infuriated, he gritted his teeth and shoved the sharpened, shattered tile up his sleeve stealthily. Both Merci and the dancer seemed completely oblivious to the action as they whirled around the room. Tony stood and eyed the disco ball above “Charlie Brown’s” head.

“Hey hotshot.” He cried out over the music. “Never take your eyes off your opponent.”

Mind attacks using Tactician

(OOC - Come Hamster, let's keep this party moving *starts dancing)

#11 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Round 4

Be'at-Dow'n jived and he was smiling, pretty much forgetting he's actually suppose to fight the other dancer. His grin grew wider as he saw one of them finally started to dance. "Ya, there we go, just feel the music--

He turns to see a still Tony. "Hey, man, it's kinda rude to be on the dance floor and not dancin'" He changes the rhythm "Here, this one's easy, it's just 1-2-3!"

#12 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Round 5

"Yeah, that'll do just fine...

One..."

Tony shoots the ceiling where the disco ball hangs.

"Two..."

He runs forward stealthily holding the sharp tile in his sleeve.

"Three..."

The disco ball falls towards Be'at Dow'n's head. If the disco man dodges to avoid the ball, Tony goes in for the stab to the legs. If the disco man fends against Tony, disco ball to the head.

Strength attacks Agility using Piercing

#13 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Round 5

The God of Disco kicks his right foot straight up and back for a back catch...into the Disco Ball. Something snaps inside the Patron Saint of the Dance as the holy relic of his God-hood shatters into pieces. His presence changed from the vibrant pleasant dancer, to that of whom is about to dispense judgement. The rhythmic beats and high notes morphed into something ominous but, at the same time still recognizable as Disco.

"Cool cat...You just *vulgarity*ed up."

His tone of voice grim, his stare ice cold as he sees Tony coming at him. He waits for him to come into range to let off a powerful axe at the heretic.

Agility attacks Strength using Martial Arts

#14 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Round 6

Seeing Dance Fever’s anger at having to destroy the disco ball, Tony allows himself a second to chuckle inside. Pansy, He thinks. But he was quick. A little too quick. By the time Tony had moved, the dancer had fully recovered. With a quick pivot on the balls of his feet, Tony stops his forward rush and forgoes the knife-edge tile, not willing to invest in hand-to-hand with such an obviously skilled opponent. With a rapid whip, Tony pulls up his “little friend” and cocks it.

“Did I?” He returns with full intent to fill the dancer’s leg with lead. “In the Bottoms, we play for keeps princess.”

Strength attacks Agility with Piercing

#15 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

"Come on Tony, why won't you dance? Don't be such a Moody Mingus.... That was a Peanuts character, right? Anyway folks, it seems that, WHOA! Look at that, Tony just shot my Disco Ball and dropped it right on B'eatdow'n! You fool, that thing was vintage, do you know what it cost? DO YOU?

Luckily it looks like my favorite dancing deity is still 'Stayin' Alive' so this party is still hoppin'. Let's keep the good time rolling, with DOUBLE LANDMINE POWER!!!"

Round 5

Tony De Luca: Strength attacks agility using Piercing Weapon
Result: attack succeeds and with tactician bonus it does Heavy Damage.

Be'at-Dow'n: Agility attacks strength with martial arts
Result: attack succeeds, but rolls very low. Does minor damage.
--------
Tony De Luca: Strong -

Be'at-Dow'n: Good +

(The Brakedown: You both got hit with a little love bombing from your host in round 3 which only slightly dinged you. Treach is doing solid, but Ham can't seem to get the dice to behave for him, so his mind control attacks aren't doing their utmost. It's still close, and I thank both of you guys for picking this up so quickly after the changeover. :)

Also as an added bonus, the explosive traps will now do twice as much damage. It's still minor, but it can tip the scales, so lets see whose luck keeps up. )

#16 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Round 6

His foot smashes into the floor, making a mess of glass and tile; cracking where It could easily have been Tony's head if he kept on going. "Hmph," He scoffs, disappointed it wasn't the case. Be'at then slowly gazes up and stares down the gun-totting vigilante, undaunted by the sight of it.

"Where I come from, we pay are dues with..." He slowly begins to turn and lift his right foot. "Blood and Sweat!" He rockets spins around, digging his foot into the floor to send forth shards of tile and glass at Tony.

Agility attacks Strength using Martial Arts

#17 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Round 7

“Geez, Mary and Joseph.” Tony sighed, “Hey guy, quicker you go down, the quicker you can get out of here and make people dance in the street or whatever it is you types do at those rainbow-type parades.” The dancer answered with a heavy stomp to the ground, followed by an out of character glare. Oh, Angelina Ballerina is getting serious now, Tony thought sarcastically. Next thing Tony knew, shards of glass and tile were flying into his direction. His first instinct as usual: protect Merci. As he covered his eyes with his weapon, he glanced back and noticed that she was already on the far adjacent side of the makeshift arena, far from danger. Good, he thought. He turned back to the dancer and flipped the gun around so that he was holding the shaft like a bat. Tony quickly removed his tie and wriggled the tile hidden up his sleeve free. With a hasty knot, he secured the razor-sharp tile to the handle of the gun.

“Okay ya mook. Ya wanna play in the big leagues now? Wanna get crazy? We can get crazy!” Suddenly and without warning, Tony began to do a horrendous little jig in the direction of the singer, kicking his legs and swinging the makeshift scythe wildly. “Ya da da dada dada afro circus!”

Mind attacks Mind using Tactician

#18 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Round 7

"I wanted to do that, I really did." He then sharply points at Tony. "But you, you could have just dance a little. Relax. Chill. No, what do you do? You destroy one of the dearest thing I hold dear, it's only fair that I return the favor..." Be'at sprinklers his index finger over to Merci. He strikes another pose, sharp and powerful before he sways his hips in a hypnotic, chaotic kind of way.

Mind attacks Mind with Mind Control

#19 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Round 8

"Oh yeah! Ya da da da! I'm doing the hokey pokey for ya." Tony continues the strange gyrations towards the dancer, while swinging the makeshift scythe, "Oh yeah baby, do the hustle, do the jiv.... BATTER UP SUCKA!"

Within striking distance, Tony swings the weapon trying take the dancer out at the legs once and for all.

Strength attacks Agility using Piercing Weapon

#20 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

Round 8

The God of Disco was going through the motions swinging his hips from side to side. He saw Tony swinging, but, not the one he's used too. He jumps over to Tony's side from where he swung, going in for his caboose, attempting to grab him from behind to toss him across the floor.

Agility attacks Strength with MA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users