• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

You completely missed his point... Again...

#62 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

If you in real life killed Raiden, then yes I would give you the fight over Cap and Vader as well... I guess is what your asking... Are you under the assumption that Captain America, Vader, and Iron Man are on the same level as gods like Raiden, Zeus, and Thor??? Becuase if so, you sir have been misinformed.

I honestly don't know how else I can phrase this in a manner that will get through to you. I don't even know where you're pulling these crazy presumptions from now.

First of all, I didn't mention Raiden as far as me killing him. What I'm stating is that someone being able to defeat a god doesn't mean anything by itself because the power scale for gods varies so widely between settings to the point where the argument "But he defeated a god!" is utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I could defeat a god from certain fiction and technically be considered a "God Buster". But that doesn't automatically put me on the same power level as even a street-level character like Daredevil or some such.

AvP, do you (or does anyone else) understand what I'm getting at here? Or is it incomprehensible?

#63 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Vader bending metal is a feat, but Kahn beating a god is not. I see what youre saying, but I just dont see the logic in it.

#64 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Just to mention I named a whole bunch of Kahn's abilities and more as to why he surpasses a God like Raiden in his Universe. However yes I do see what your saying Jason. Kratos has defeated gods but is not on the level of someone like Thor. Is that what your saying? I understand what Square is saying but maybe he used the wrong term.

#65 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Your meaning is pretty clear to me. The title or rank of "god" doesn't necessarily mean the holder of said title is automatically more powerful than someone who's not considered a god. An example would be Marvel's Thor and the Silver Surfer; Thor might be the God of Thunder, but Surfer is still considerably more powerful than him.

#66 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Maybe youre right Baller, I may have just said it wrong... Im just saying Ive never seen Vader do anything as impressive as Kahn, and defeating an opponent like Raiden (with little effort) is one of those things. Thats why I challenged anyone who though "Vader wins" to show a feat such as defeating someone of Raidens caliber. Im not trying to say "Kahn beat Raiden, therefore he beats Vader". What Im trying to say is, "Vader's never faced anything with the power Kahn has shown in his battles with Raiden (a god) and therefore theres no reason to assume he COULD win a match like that". Kahn has shown greater power and strength throughout the years than Vader has shown ever, and handing Raiden his ass is something I could never see Vader doing. If Vader were to match up with anyone in Mortal Kombat, Id say Quan-Chi or Shang-Tsung is more his level, but a Shao Kahn he is not. (Not that you voted against him, Im just saying this was the entire point I was trying to get across).

#67 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Oh, I know what point you were getting across. I wasn't targeting you or even this match in particular. This was just my little public service announcement for CBUB. People have gotten into the habit of playing "But this person is a god" or "this person defeated a god" as a trump card or centerpiece in their arguments. Hell, I'm guilty of this.

But yes, bottom line is that being a god doesn't mean much unless quantified/qualified or otherwise supported with stats and feats. AvP and bigballerju both had good examples of this. That's all I was trying to get across.

#68 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

You aren't getting what he's saying, dude.

Also, if Mortal Kombat was more popular than Star Wars and Kahn had won this fight, that would have been a popularity win, too. In all honesty, the votes can't matter as much as they should, so, personally, i don't pay attention to them, i just want to know what people think and why they think it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users