• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Round 9

Connor moves to avoid the up-front fist Nightmauler hoped to connect with. Grabbing his jaw, he cracks his neck before getting back up.

"Nice fist, not a fan of it though." Connor mutters as he fixes his tie again. The monsterous features seemed tor eceed around his face, though that was replaced by a man enacting a plan; it was up to Mauler to see which he thought was scarier. Of course Connor's actual thoughts as he regulated the primal instincts wasn't too positive.

Man, is anything going to keep this guy down? Pretty soon, I'm gonna have to not act like Connor Jackson to get this guy. Connor thinks to himself. He glances around before back at the monster. Second thought, maybe not today, he thinks before signifying he has an idea with a large grin. He lets this grin widley known before he quickly rushes back for his swordstick which was still by the electric fence.

Connor attacks Tactician w/ mind

#22 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

"These two monsters are going at each other, fist to knife. They're about to charge, here..we... go... OH! A double Whammo bonus! The Wild man lands a knife to the shoulder while Nightmauler lands a fist to the face. Both get hit; they're stumbling and ZAP! Into the cage they go! Wow, simultaneous cage damage, what a shock. You know what that means boys and girls. That's right, it's time to UP THE VOLTAGE!"

Round 8

C. Jackson-Remington: Strength attacks agility with Piercing weapon
Result: attack successful, does heavy damage. Additional shock damage as Nightmauler is sent into the cage.

Nightmauler: Strength attacks body with Martial Artist
Result: Attack succeeds, does average damage. Additional shock damage as C Jackson-Remington is sent into the cage.

HP
C. Jackson Remington: Good+ (but barely)
Nightmauler: Good+ (but barely)

All Arena damage will now be double what it was before. Enjoy!

#23 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

"Running away now are we? GOODBYE!"

Round 9: Nightmauler attacks using Mind Blast. (mind vs. mind)

#24 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Round 10

Connor does a combat roll before picking up his sword. He feels the now familiar sap of the bastard's energy blast. He grips the sword hilt before rolling again to avoid a followup attack. Closing the distance, Connor quickly had a very good idea about how to get payback.

Those shots hurt. They come out of his arms, fix that then, Connor thinks to himself as he plots about immobilizing the arm.

"Hello!" Connor replies to Nightmauler's taunt, showing front and center that he was far from done fighting. Twirling the blade, Connor tries to pin the beast's arm to the rest of his body with a powerful tug.

Connor attacks agility with strength using piercing weapon

#25 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

"I bet you think you got me now, bu I'm afraid I use my arms for my fans. More dramatic flourishes you know. Anyway, prepare to have a migraine."

Nightmauler attacks using Mind Blast. (mind vs. mind)

#26 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Round 11

Oh joy, a theatrical monster. Now this /is/ one of my movies, Connor thinks to himself before the noise hits him again.

"Actually, I just want you right where you are, though a trick to encite the fans eh? Didn't take you for an entertainer...familiar with that idea, here's a fan favorite in fact." Connor says before his eyes glaze over into the previous feral look. However this one is more him working 'according to plan' than pure anger. "I just want youstay put while I work my magic. Care to resist with your working arm? Please say yes." Connor says, wondering if reverse psychology would work at this point.

Connor uses transformation

#27 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

"YES. YES. Right there. You got him. Kapow! What an attack by the knife-fighter. Only to be met by another mind blast, wait, he's heading towards it, he's stumbling, annnnnnnd, YES. Into the cage he goes! How's that increased voltage taste? You can almost smell the burning dog hair."

Round 9

C. Jackson-Remington: Mind attacks with tactician
Result: Tactician successful, your strategy is in motion

Nightmauler: Mind attacks Mind using Mind Blast
Result: Attack succeeds, does average damage.

Round 10

C. Jackson-Remington: Strength attacks agility with piercing
Result: Attack Succeeds, does heavy damage.

Nightmauler: Mind attacks Mind using Mind Blast
Result: Attack succeeds, rolls high, attack does heavy damage and goes on to earn extra arena damage as Conner is shoved into the cage again.

Round 11

C. Jackson-Remington: Transformation successful.

HP
C. Jackson-Remington: Weak+ (but barely)
Nightmauler: Weak+

(Very exciting guys. Conner's focus on agility is adding up for him, but the dice just seemed to love Nightmauler this round. If not for that arena damage you'd be practically tied. You're both past the second half so don't let up now, this is still anybody's game.)

#28 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

A look of panic crosses Nightmauler's face, followed quickly by a mask of dark menace.
"GGOOODD!!! III GGEEETT TTOOO PPLLLAAYY!!! TTHHIIISS IISSS GGOOIINNGG TTOOO BBEE FFUUUNN!!!"

Round 11: Nightmauler attacks using Beserker. (strength vs. body)

#29 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Round 12

Connor felt a zap into the fence when the creature went from surprised at his resiliance before rolling back into 'batshit' mode. Luckily Connor was already channeling anger at the creature's ability to get back from being stabbed up. It was really inconvenient to him and the zaps were really peeved. He wanted the mosnter to feel it next.

Play time's about over now I think, Connor thinks to himself. Pain isn't gonna do much so how bout unconciousness.

"Do me a favor real quick." Connor says as he bounces off the high voltage fence. he does a quick slash wth his karambit towards the back of his knee to stop him from going anywhere. With that out of the way, Connor used his elongated nails to stab up from the bottom of the creature's maw to clasp his jaw to the top of his mouth. "SHUT UP!"

Connor attacks agility using strength with piercing weapon

#30 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Nightmauler rips Remington away from him, beating on him as he does so.

"FFEEEEELL TTHHHEE NNIIGGHHTTMMAARRREE WWOOLLFF---BBOOYY!!!"

Round 12: Nightmauler attacks using Beserker. (strength vs. body)

#31 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Round 13

Connor being beat on just sorta hurt his pride more than anything. Instead of dodging now or blocking, Connor brought out his blades and claws full force now. Every time he attacked, Connor stabbed the arm to redirect it from him. Every punch or strike was met with it. The man's arms were gonna be a pin cushon if the actor had anything to say about.

"Keep coming asshole." Connor howls before trying to take the upperhand and dodging a few strikes. He really wanted the beast to shut up so again he went for the knee and tried stabbing the karambit through his mouth to wire it shut. He didn't have anything witty to say at this moment; electricity can do funny things to people.

Connor attacks agility using strength with piercing weapon

#32 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

"Yes a titanic berserker nightmare clashing against a feral knife-wielding movie star! This is what you come to the BattleRock for! This is what no one else can bring you. The stabs, the jabs, the smashings and bashings and Crashing Korfaffles! Believe me, for I am the Lorax, I speak for the battles!"

Round 12

Result: Attack Succeeds, but hits a bad roll. Does average damage

Nightmauler: Strength attacks body with berserker
Result: Attack succeeds, hits the transformed Conner to do only minor damage.

HP
C. Jackson-Remington: Critical+
Nightmauler: Weak-

(My current theory is that Kevin wronged a small family of dice in a previous life. They haven't liked you at all this match, but really hurt you this round and really helped Nightmauler in round 11. Nrdman's berserker offense seems to have paid off, and helps him pull ahead. Also, don't forget to number the rounds correctly, Nrdman you numbered your round 11 as 12. )

#33 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Nightmauler seems to retreat into himself, not even feeling the blows as he wrestles the Nightmare in his mind. As the Nightmare and Nightmauler fight for dominance, the man before comes forth.

"Huh, where am I? AND WHY THE HELL ARE ARE YOU STABBING MY ARM?"

The man kicks his assaulter, backing away as he does so.

"WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON HERE?"

Nightmauler attacks using Martial Arts. (strength vs. body)

#34 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Round 14

Connor is knocked back further from the hits. As he hears him verbally confused over the whole matter, Connor backs off as well. he dusts himself off and fixes his tie, showing no weakness to the man; as far as he knew the creature acted like a shark, blood in the water. As the man questioned himself, Connor the brow of his forehead.

"You started it man!" Connor says quite baffled by the turn of events. However as he put up the surprise, he glanced around the man. As much as Connor preffered to not be an opportunist, he might be able to use this. Holding up his hands defensively he gives the man a look over before wondering how long he could keep him calm. "I don't know why we're here, but you just jumped at me man....look, I'm just trying to stay alove and am just as lost as you, maybe we can figure a way out of here if we stop and think this over...name's Jackson friend." Connor says, trying to put up a friendly vibe.

Connor attacks using Tactician

#35 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

"What a kick, right to the noggin'. Oh and wolfy's stumbling, aaaaaaaand into the cage he goes! Can you smell the extra crispy boys and gals? Do not want to be him right now.... Wait, crap. Did Nightmauler turn off again? Oh shoot, I thought I had more time...Wait no, why aren't you two fighting anymore? Stop trying to be friends! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! Nightmauler, the man with the knife is an assassin trying to kill you, stop him quick!"

Round 13

Result: Attack Succeeds, but hits a bad roll. Does average damage

Nightmauler: Strength attacks body with martial arts
Result: Attack succeeds, rolls big, hits the transformed Conner to do average damage, with extra arena damage.

HP
C. Jackson-Remington: Critical-
Nightmauler: Weak-

#36 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

"I don't remember attacking you. The last thing I remember is...me dying."
The man sits on the floor looking old and afraid.
"I...died. I don't remember anything else, not even my name. Only the pain is left."
The man looks up at Jackson with a gliny of rage in his eyes.
"How do I know you didn't kill me. You were just stabbing me. TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW!"
The man launches back up and uppercuts Jackson.

Nightmauler attacks using Martial Arts. (strength vs. body)

#37 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

"Hmm, that seems to be quite a pickle ." Connor notes as he grips the blade, though he tries to not look like a threat. Apparently this doesn't work as the man goes after him. The uppercut connects though compared to earlier it's not much. He's pretty fast but nowhere near mosnter-version. With his knife, he tries to knick the back of the man's knee and drop him to the floor. By his calculations pain might annoy him enough to get the guy to stop.

"Chillax man, I'm just an actor. Don't even know you!" Connor answers sternly, trying to get him to stop. "Like I said, you started it and I don't wanna finish it!"

Connor attacks agility using piercing weapon with strength

#38 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

"Like I said, you started it and I don't wanna fini--"

The uppercut catches Conner right in the sweet spot. He topples onto the cage floor. His eyes are shut; he's motionless, but breathing.

The man who was earlier Nightmauler stood over the Conner. He felt bloodied, bruised, and confused. He wasn't able to appreciate the value of his victory. But that doesn't mean someone else couldn't.

"YES. What a fight! These two put up a great bout! Knives, giant berserking behemoths, nasty gnarling nightmares, and furious fanged fur-covered freaks! But it seems that Nightmauler remains the arena-cage's standing Cham-pi-on!"

A grainy recording of an audience's applause echoes through the arena. The man looks about himself confused. He rubs his eyes. What had happened? Where was he?

"Hello?" he calls out, "who's there?"

"Oh, well it looks like somebody's just gotten their sanity back. Too bad. I liked the other guy more...oh well. I suppose I owe you something. I mean you did just kill, wait, oopsie. Silly me. Here I was about to crown you as the winner, and your opponent is still breathing. Ha ha, how foolish. Be a lamb and take care of him for me, would ya?"

The man looks at Conner's motionless body.

"You want me to kill him?"

"That's what I said."

"Why? Why was he here?"

"Does it matter?" Playmate asks. The very concept of asking why you should kill someone seemed to sail over her head, "I mean he spent the last half an hour stabbing you. What more of a excuse do you need?"

"But he said he didn't start this. That means I, I mean, that THING, started it. He's innocent."

"Innocent? Sweetie, trust me. There ain't such a thing. Now do yourself a favor, pick up one of those knives he littered across the cage and finish this."

"No." The man says, "I refuse. I demand you explain what's going on."

There is a pause.

"DEMAND?" Playmate asks, "You demand, you little worm? You want to see what demands get you in the Battle Rock? Let me show you......"

...To be Continued....

------------

Congratulations to Nightmauler and Nrdman! Victory is yours!

Kevin put up a heck of a fight. Don't worry, round one may be over, but your Battle Rock story is far from over. Both contestants will continue to round 2 once all other round 1 matches finish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users