37 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

It’s cold. It’s hard. Whatever Conner was lying against was cold and hard. There was a dim buzzing coming overhead. All his vision coalesced into a single greenish blur. These were the things Conner knew about his surroundings, and he felt grateful for what he had.

His memory was equally as blurry. The Sentinels had a mission for him. A high stakes underground gambling ring. Supposedly it wasn’t just a bunch of guys throwing dice in the basement of a Chinese restaurant. You needed ten thousand just to get in the door; that or you were a famous action star. Those guys could get in anywhere. Conner laughed at himself. He had been so cautious, scouting the place, preparing a cover story, he even considered of bringing some arm candy just to sell the asshole movie-star schtick.

He tested his legs and found that they slowly followed his commands. He began to rise to his feet when he heard her voice.

“Hey there, looks like our movie star has finally come around.”

“What?”

Conner’s vision began to make sense of objects. He was in a hallway. The cold hard thing he was lying against was the stone floor. The greenish blur sharpened until he could make out the green lights that dotted the hallway. Even then it was grimy and dark. Was he underground?

“Still trying to make sense of your new surroundings? Isn’t this the point where you look at the camera and make some witty one-liner?”

The voice was female and giggily. Was that a word? Conner wasn’t sure, but it seemed to fit. Maybe he could ask this chick what was going on.

“Look, I don’t know what’s happened, but I think this is just one big misunder—”

“ANNNNN! Nice try super-star. I’ve seen Our Town, Both National Endowments, and even Arachanopolis, which to be fair, wasn’t really as bad as everyone said. But the point is that I know who you are. And now, you’re in my show. A little reality program called Battle Rock.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Man you are clueless. I knew actors dumb, but jeeeeeeez, can you not follow along unless you have a script? Well how about this. Page one, interior, hallway, time unclear. Our hero wakes up in a heap on the floor. He spends a few minutes asking stupid questions before walking across the hallway and into the next room.”

The voice rattled across the walls. It had to be some kind of PA system, but Conner couldn’t place it.

“You still haven’t,”

“All will be explained once you enter the next room.”

She didn’t seem to want to talk much anymore. Conner sighed. He was stuck in a dead end corridor. Walking into the next room was his only option anyway. His body had regained its strength during the little conversation with his mysterious host. He touched the steel knob of the door and slowly peeled it open.

The next room was a small amphitheater and Conner had just stepped onto the stage. A dirty young man sat in the exact center of a bloodstain plastered on the arena floor. His hands were covered in that same blood, and he appeared to be kneeling, almost in meditation. Conner approached cautiously.

He attempted to remember what happened before he arrived here. At the gambling house, he had knocked on the door. Nothing. He entered. There was a green felt poker table in the middle of a tiny room. Then there was a buzzing, and he woke up on a hard cold floor in a green blur.

The man on the ground sees Conner and nods. He doesn’t smile or stand to greet the newest contestant.

“So… I thought I was done,” he says, “it seems I have one more opponent on my slate before I can move on.”

“What is this place?” Conner asks, “Why are we here?”

The man nods.

“We? WE? WE are here to kill the likes of you. We have come to kill. It is our nature…”

“Um, hmmmmm. You have fun with that.”

Conner began to back away. He hears a loud CLACK! Metal fell from the sky.

Conner pounced back as the solid steel cage crashes around them. He was trapped in the arena. The cage soon lets out a hearty electric buzz. The dirty man in the center seemed not to notice; his eyes went white, his arms drooped, and his head slipped forward in sleep.

A cane falls through a hole in the center of the cage and clatters on the canvas. Conner swipes it from the floor. The sleeping man began to shake; his body rippled and began to fade into a shady gray. The human form turned into something dark, lean, and intimidating. It’s eyes flash.

“WE are Nightmauler and YOU will die.

Conner smirks. He whips the sword from the cane, spins it in the air, then points it straight at the creature.

“Got a bit of a monster in you, huh? I know what that’s like. Honestly though, not impressed.”

Loud bells begin to ring around them from nowhere; then she speaks again.

“Ding ding ding. Round 1, Fight one: Electric Rage in a Cage, C. Jackson-Remington vs. Nightmauler. BEGIN!”

--------------------------------

The Rules:
1. No quoting please. This is a turn based RP, so no need to quote. One person attacks/defends, the next person attacks/defends until someone loses. Simple as that.

2. Limit the OOC. If you have a question post it to the main Battle Rock Thread or Pm me.

3. No Role playing your opponent. You can state your move, but not your opponent’s reaction.

4. As determined by Agility stats, C. Jackson-Remington gets the first move.

5. Special Arena: CAGE MATCH! You are surrounded by an electrified cage. All attacks have a chance of doing one extra point of damage if you knock your opponent into the fence (This is entirely random and not based on you stating that you hit him into the fence. Assume you have no control over whether or not they hit the fence.)

6. Have fun. I will sometimes tell you what damage (if any) you did to your opponent and I will let you know when one of you drops. If you use a powered attack and want to know the results, it may serve you well to wait on me to tell you.

GO!

#2 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Round 1

Connor had the blade pointed at the monster, outward he only had a smirk to hide his real thoughts however he was counting on the liklihood that they expected it was masking fear. In fact COnnor's surprisingly brilliant mind was analyzing and overthinking his scenario in the minute time he's been concious; old habit. They had him here and wanted a fight, but given the corpses from before he figured they /might/ expect him to just be slaughter, the girl didn't seem to think of him as much more than an idiot. The thought of her doing this because of claims he did all his own stunts, which was true, sort of rubbed him the wrong way as motivation; some fans. he runs his free hand through his hair before he realizes the chick didn't even give him back his fedora. He scoffs aloud, wondering if she was really a fan.

Then again she didn't even mention the 'Strike' duology or 'The saga of Hieron's blade'. B films sure, but it put me on the map.... Connor thinks to himself, even as he tries to place the voice. It wasn't his strong suit, but he almost thought he had heard it somewhere before, if only in passing. He shakes his head before deciding his focus should be turned back on the monster at hand, he could worry about why he was here after staving off death for a bit. Seeing just how this thing acted towards him, Connor waved the blade defensively like he was Errol Flynn before nervously tucking the wooden cane section under his armpit. Seeing no sign of attack yet, he gave his suit top a patdown before he fixes his tie. What looked like a nervous tick was actually him checking to see if they confiscated any of his knives that he tended to keep on his person; the answer was no. Either they really sucked with searching or they wanted to see what he'd try with them. They'd find out pretty damn soon if things went like how he was hoping.

"Hey big guy..." Connor says, trying to get the creature to not focus in trying to rip him in two. "Look, there doesn't seem to be a way out this whole brawl and...*gulp* you clearly seem to enjoy the sensless murder. But can we just like...talk about this? Just for a second, I really have no reason to be here." Connor begs as he steps closer to the beast, miming the action of sheathing sword but the blade is kept out defensively. Of course, he would be as amazed as anyone if this worked, he was just counting down seconds until 'Nightmauler' made a move. He did his best to watch just how this guy moved, that tended to be an important detail on how to not get killed by something.

Connor attacks using Tactician with mind on Nightmauler

#3 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Nightmauler starts to mumble to himself in answer to the question,"I don't need to talk to a dead man, WE got all the conversation I need and so much more."
Nightmauler looks at the man in front of him with a crazed look.
"I MUST kill, it tells me to. Not that I don't enjoy it."
Nightmauler laughs and shoots a dark purple ball out of his hands at his opponent.

Nightmauler attacks using Mind Blast. (mind vs mind)

#4 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Round 2

Fireballs! Of course he has fireballs!, Connor thinks to himself as the creature opens fire with some mystic energy on him. In a scene out of one of his movies he dives right through the air before landing on his side. Though unlike the movies he is fairly certain that didn't help dodge the projectile in the nick of time. Not on fire though, that's a plus....Connor manages to say in his head before refocusing on his opponent.

In his current position, he figures the creature has him right where he wants him; which is both bad and something that needs rectifying. Recovering from the impact of landing on his side, Connor reaches into the breast of his tux. By the time the creature starts to react, Connor's procured a throwing knife with a farly thick blade. He was pretty close, but not enough for him to use his sword,w hich made this idea seem like a good idea. Connor figures if he has a ranged attack, making that his only optiion could be a plus. Big guys needed alot of leg to keep upright, he learned that from experience.

"Ok, good shot monster, now stay put!". As he shouts the cheesiest thing he could think of to 'keep character' he tosses the thick knife right for one of the monster's kneecaps with a pretty damn good underhand throw.

Connor attacks (Nightmauler's) agility using Piercing weapon w/ strength

#5 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

"You are strong, most mortals would be unconscious after the first blast. We are stronger though."

Nightmauler cries out as the knife sinks into his flesh and instinctively retaliates by shooting another Nightmare blast at his opponent.

"You are only one, We can beat anyONE. YOU CANNOT WIN!"

Nigtmauler attacks using Mind Blast. (mind vs mind)

#6 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Heeeeeeeey there folks, it's your lovely ringside caller sitting in your lap and whispering the play by play in your ear as always. We've got our dear friend Nightmauler in one corner, who's lust for blood makes even me blush. What a competitor. And in the other corner, our newcomer, who is that? Anyone recognize him?

Well let's see. Ok so new guy's doing some smack talk. Oh and we've got a few volleys of mind-blasts from Mauler. OH! were did he get that knife from, right in the leg and Mauler stumbles back into the cage for a little shock therapy.

Come on you two this is not a tea-party, get at it!

Round 1

C. Jackson-Remington: Tactician attacks with mind:
Result: Tactician successful, your plot has been set in motion

Nightmauler: Mind attacks Mind with Mind Blast
Result: Mind blast does minor damage

Round 2

C. Jackson Remington: Strength attacks agility with piercing weapon
Result: Piercing does minor damage but sends Nightmauler to tumble into the electric cage for extra damage.

Nightmauler: Mind attacks Mind with Mind Blast
Result: Mind blast does minor damage

HP
C. Jackson Remington: Strong +
Nightmauler: Strong +

(The dice didn't like you these rounds, not much damage done. Remember guys, you may want to attack your opponent's weakest stat if possible.)

#7 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Round 3

Connor felt the pulsing pain from Nightmauer's counter-attack. His grip weakens as the orb hits him and he drops the sword. The sound of the blade clattering on the floor does snap him to life but he drops to a knee from the pain of the attack. He lets the monster taunt him as he catches his breath. The monster's talk ellicts a slight grin, though not something any cameras could catch.

"Well, hell of a statement that is...thing is, I'm full of surprises as you might've guessed." Connor wheezes. Hoping the electricity was still doing it's damage, he gripped the wooden section of the cane tightly. He saw the sword had bounced a foot or two to his left, but the knife he tossed was firmly larged in the creature's flesh and muscle. Though a good portion of the blade still stuck out, that told him that it really needed to go deeper. "I also fight dirty!" Connor yells before Connor twirls the cane in his hand. In a, hopefully, unexpected move he quickly gets up and in one motion swings right at the hilt of the blade. With any luck he'd successfully imitate a railworker hammering in a railroad spike and so some real damage o the bozo's leg.

Best case scenario, i immobilized the guy. Worst case....he's really pissed and in range for point blank damage. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Connor attacks Nightmauler's agility using Piercing weapon w/ strength

#8 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Nightmauler laughs as the blade sinks deeper into his flesh.
"Fool, now it is going to take over. You can't handle the power of the Nightmare."
With those words Nightmauler's face darkens and twists into a horrifying image. The Nightmare takes the blade out of his ankle and starts to beat Remmington in the face with it.
"DDIIIEE FFOOOLL!!!"

Nightmauler attacks using Beserker. (Strength vs. Body)

#9 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Round 4

"Take over? What no-" Connor starts to say when Night takes him by surprise. The first shot connects with the hilt smacking him in the forehead. The second catches him on the bridge of the nose, so Connor starts covering up at this point. He feels strikes connect, but he starts trying to get away, or at the very least make the bastard trip up.

Ok Connor, your options are thinning. Or are they? Ok, so let him have his fun then stab the hell out of him....good enough.

Connor bobs, weaves, and blocks the best he can given the cirucmstances. What doesn't he toughs out. He's had worse. It's all in ones head when you think about it really.

"Ya done, ya piece of meat? Planning on giving up yet?!" Connor calls out through the flurry of attacks. He's sure that'll have positive results.

Connor defends with Iron Will, using mind.

#10 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Round 4

"GGOOODD!!! YYOOOUU WWAANNTT MMOORREE!!! HHEERREE YYOOOUU GGGOO!!!"

Nightmauler continues using Beserker. (strength vs body)

#11 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Round 5

Ok Connor, he clearly isn't tiring out soon. Take him the hell out!

Connor was ducking and weaving still the best he could. When the creature started ramping things up, COnnor grabbed something out of his sleeve. One of his favorites; the karambit. DSmall, curved, and looks a little like a claw. His signature blade on film, he wasn't half bad with it in real life either. He dodges a strike or two before twirling the blade.

"You're turn!" Connor howls before he aims the blade. he goes inside the creature's comfort zone before aiming down low. To the cameras it seemed like a crotch shot, but actually he was aiming for the hamstrngs. Very important piece of muscle, painful if nothing else. It should hurt the guy. COnnor went in and began stabbing away like he was a madman who had a things against groins.

Connor attacks agility using piercing with strength

#12 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

"And we got some good action going on now folks. Nightmauler has gone berserk, I LOVE it when he does that...Oh and the superstar seems to shrug off the first blow, though he does skim against the fence there...but OH! That one caught him right in the jaw. That's right fellas go for the kill!"

Round 4

C. Jackson-Remington: Mind defends with Iron will
Result: defense successful, berserker attack partially blocked. (though you also hit the fence as well)

Nightmauler: Strength Attacks body with berserker
Result: Attack successful, does heavy damage

HP
C. Jackson Remington: Strong -
Nightmauler: Strong +

#13 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Round 5
Nightmauler's face reverted to normal and immediately warped in pain.
"You have another little toy. Let's play knife fight then!"
Nightmauler backs away into a stance, ready to redirect Remmington into the electric cage.

Nightmauler defends using Martial Arts. Nightmauler hopes to redirect Remmington into the cage. (strength)

#14 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Round 6

Connor exchanged some slashes with the monster before being tossed into the cage wall. Connor visibly writhes in pain before dropping to the floor. He saw the creature take a defensive stance. He smirks before getting to his feet, twitching one or twice as he came back fromt he electric fence. There was something noticibly different in his eyes, though unless the camera had a clear face shot, this would be a hard thing to spot.

"Ok, you can fist fight pretty well. You wanna fight like a man now? Too bad for you." Connor says as he licks his teeth. The electric shock definitely seemed to knock some screws loose inside him, though he quickly reigned his emotions before he started sporting some fur.

Clear your head Connor, no need to show off here. Much. Keep it short and sweet. No spoiling the secret just cause your life's on the line. You're probably already gonna the front of a youtube page for this.

Reigning in most of his wild emotions, he stops around some elongated teeth and claws in addition to funky looking eyes. L:ess wolf-man and more feral man- if that. He cracks his neck before fixing his tie and giving the classic bring it gesture.

"C'mon all-star, let's see if you can hang in a close fight now that I'm ready."

Connor uses Transformation

#15 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Round 6
"Ooh, you finally got serious. Here, feel my Nightmare."
Nightmauler shoots another Mind Blast, laughing while he does.

Nightmauler attacks using Mind blast. (mind vs. mind)

#16 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Round 7

Connor takes the mind blast head on. He stumbles a bit before shaking his head and engaging Night, taking a quick roll to grab the swordstick before getting right in Mauler's face.

"Very cute! My turn!" Connor growls like a mad man before stepping in and trying to impale the man on his blade. Then, almost right out of one of his films, he spin kicks the hilt of the sword to try and get it in even deeper.

Ok, time to go bruce lee on his ass, Connor thinks to himself next, wondering if the camera's were of good enough quality to catch the next actions. Using his escrima and karate backround, he'd start to try and drive his foe up with a violent flurry of strikes from the karambit blade with the occasional karate chop thrown in to keep the guy guessing.

Connor attacks agility using enhanced strength with piercing weapon

#17 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

"Bravo little wolf man, bravo. Let's see how you do without your toys."
Nightmauler takes the sword and flings it out of the arena.

Nightmauler defends using Martial Arts. Nightmauler hopes to throw the sword out of the arena. (strength vs. strength)

#18 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

"Oh, what's this? Getting a little monstery on us, eh? Who would have thought it? Nightmauler doesn't seem to mind and sends another smashing Mind-blast the beast's way. That's got to hurt,... Oh and fluffy puppy's got a knife, Nightmauler tries to block, oh, but he still takes one to the leg, right in the meat."

Round 7

C. Jackson-Remington: Strength attacks with Piercing weapon
Result: attack successful, overcomes Nightmauler's defense to still do heavy damage

Nightmauler: Strength defends with martial arts
Result: Bad roll. Nightmauler puts up a meager defense and only partially blocks the attack.

HP
C. Jackson Remington: Strong-
Nightmauler: Strong-

(Doin' really good guys. Round five took a little off NightMauler. The Mind blast in round six hit C. Jackson-Remington pretty hard, but he hit back even harder in round seven. You're both on the cusp of dropping down from strong. And just remember you can only attack or defend, you can't throw an opponents weapon away or throw them into a fence. Only I get to do that ."

#19 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Round 8

"Wolfy? Hmph, you're good with subtle pick-ups I'll give you that." Connor mutters, backing off as he sees the man take the swordstick and toss it agaisnt the electric cage.

What a lack of respect. Gonna have to brutalize more than his legs now...granted the sword through the chest didn't seem to kill him. Injure at best. Connor thinks to himself as he takes a more formal stance now, still working on getting the controlled chaos thing down.

A low snarl escape's Connor's lips. "Though, this is nothing. Just getting started really, and that blade is a prized possession. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to hurt you for that." he says before speeding in and trying to take out the man's leg. He'd followup with a karambit stab to the hip before digging his nails into the man's shoulder. Using that for leverage he hoped to use his newfound strength to send the guy off his feet and somewhere else. Where Connor wanted him to land would be anybody's guess.

Connor attacks agility using piercing weapon with strength

#20 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

"Ooh, you scratched me. Here have a fist."

Nightmauler attacks using Martial Attacks. (strength vs body.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users