53 replies to this topic

#21 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Blade has his martial arts skills but less experience in battle overall, and i think Lucian is more ruthless, Blade controls his actions more, he doesn't let his animalistic side lose as much as Lucian does, but i know what you mean. It is a very close fight.

Overall, sure. But like I said, there are diminishing returns in regards to "experience". And Blade has more relevant recent experience. He basically spends all day everyday tracking/fighting vampires, often in hand-to-hand. When he's not doing that, he's training to do it.

Lucian, on the other hand, has spent much of the last hundred years as a leader in a guerrilla battle against vampires, rather than constantly fighting them head-to-head. And besides, if the first Underworld film is any indication werewolves transitioned to firearms as their staple weapon long ago.

And I don't know if letting the animalistic side go is necessarily a good thing in the context of a fight, as it can potentially make you predictable and sloppy. Blade is plenty ruthless -- remember him torturing vamps/familiars for information? Or occasionally leaving civilians to die? Of particular note is his speech to Dr. Jenson in the first film -- "You better learn to pull the trigger!" -- after she stopped him from beating/executing the cop familiar.

#22 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Oh, i know just how mean Blade can be, but i meant ruthless in the animalistic sense. I know that letting the animal take over isn't necessarily the best thing skill-wise, but it could be the only option Lucian has, as Blade is the more skilled hand to hand combatant. Lucian has more knowledge of battle, more tactical know-how and commanding experience, Blade has more one-on-one experience. If Lucian just goes berserker on Blade's arse then Blade might not be able to keep up with all the random super-strong, super-fast fists and claws flying at him.

#23 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Fair enough. The way I see it, Lucian has two ways of winning this:

1.) He stays in human form and leverages his greater overall experience to greatest possible extent to come up with some dastardly-ingenious tactic that lets him take the edge.

2.) He goes in the polar opposite direction, like you mentioned, and transforms. He would have to quickly hit Blade with everything he's got and hope the increase in strength and the like is enough.

Anything in between these two options, IMO, favors Blade.

#24 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, those are his only realistic options. He must use either end of his mental spectrum. If he tried one and it failed, he could always try the other, so if tactics don't work he could then attempt a berserk attack. However, in the moment of transition Blade could get in the necessary kill-hit...

#25 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

No.

Marcus would have been the most powerful Vampire Elder, considering he is the First Vampire and was the one who turned Viktor.

William and Marcus would be second to their father and Viktor to them.

And Alexander Corvinus didn't birth Vampires and Lycans - that fell to his two aforementioned sons.

And PIS is plot induced stupidity, i.e. explains what has happened that shouldn't have happened. All for the sake of the plot/movie/story.

Ah....so your saying I put in things that shouldn't have to be in the setup? Then what's the point of writing a setup. I can't just say....

"Blade meets Lucian and they fight, vote for who wins."

The reason why I went off the first Underworld and between Blade 1 and 2 is because Lucian dies in Underworld one and I felt that Blade killing Frost woudl give him a bit of experience to facing Lucian who is super powerful himself. Sure they can meet some other way like I could have made Lucian survive his death but I wanted to have be reasonable to why they met and fighting.

and I think the story if reasonable enough.

Blade is hunting vampires, they go in to the sewers. So since him being a vampire hunter he won't let them go. Sewers have werewolves in them then Blade is attack because they believe he a Deathdealer and yadda yadda yadda.

Point being is pretty boring when it's just "They fight. The End." Give me a reason to why they're fighting....that's what I'm more interested in, not in P.I.S....with all due respect.

As I meant in "birthing" both werewolves and vampires he's the father of the first vampire and werewolf. And on top of that when Selene bit him she became like Blade. She has none of the vampire weakenesses so in my opinion he is one of the strongest.

#26 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

I wasn't criticizing your set up or anything or calling it PIS - was just elaborating on it as you asked. I was actually referencing what others have stated - the fights between La Magra Frost and Drake for Blade.

He never really 'birthed' them as Vampires and Werewolves. They were just Immortals like himself before one got bit by a bat and one by a wolf. He was just the Father of Two Immortals and now just so happens to be the Father of The First Vampire and Lycan.

That reasoning is faulty. She asked him for help, he seemed unwilling and if he was quite powerful, why didn't he defend himself against Marcus... I think his power had diminished quite a bit though his blood was still potent - and Selene is vastly superior to Blade.

Though perhaps in Alexander's Prime, he might have been but we don't really know what the stated capabilities are of an Immortal, other than what we've perceived. So it's basically highly conjecture in regard to that.

#27 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

I was under the impression that he couldn't bring himself to harm his son.

#28 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

If he was really powerful, he should have been able to survive that attack from Marcus as well - he said he was finished if I recall correctly - which is where I'm getting the impression that he wasn't as powerful as people are making him out to be.

Of course though, we have absolutely no idea what his capabilities were other than he was immortal.

#29 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Ohhhh, okay. Sorry about that.

Marcus is superior to him so he told Selene to drink his blood to stop Marcus, Your right though I think Alexander had to be amazingly strong if his blood can turn Selene in to a super vampire(basically) and survive the sunlight and what not. That is just my guess, Marcus easily beat him because Marcus was just stronger and a hybrid at that. If Marcus vs Alexander in a vampire vs vampire bite I think it would have been harder to Alexander.

#30 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Nah, I think it was just his blood removed the weaknesses of the Vampire Strain.

After all, before his lineage got infected by the two different strains, it was just the Immortal strain.

Selene seemed pretty much the same aside from her new 'abilities', i.e. the lack of weaknesses.

#31 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

I dunno, average vampires were never shown to be strong enough to smack cars around like Selene did, plus her blood apparently has healing properties now.

#32 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Yeah Selene in the last moved smacked a Van with ease and that damn thing flipped over a couple of times across the parking lot. Selene also moved a bit faster then what she did in the first two movies. Then again maybe we just never saw how powerful or fast the vampires were before until the last movie that came out and Jaeger could be right on one hand. However Selene still moved faster and was stronger then the regular vampires in Awakening so AVP is probably right.

#33 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I thought the Coven of Regular Vamps were relatively young in Awakening compared to someone like Selene - which might be why she was superior.

And yeah, forgot about the healing property - she revived the son of said Coven's leader iirc. He's like her now isn't he?

#34 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

He should be like Selene now, I believe. He's seen later entering an underground parking lot during the day, but it's not really shown after that.

#35 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

I was under the impression that he couldn't bring himself to harm his son.

That's exactly right, he states so, several times.

Of course though, we have absolutely no idea what his capabilities were other than he was immortal.

As far as the films show us he's just immortal, but his blood makes Selene better in every way. It enhances her existing abilities and gets rid of her weaknesses.

#36 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Defending himself doesn't mean he has to directly harm his son BTW.

I know, we already covered that.

#37 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

And i was confirming it. The second film happens to be on right now. I guess he could have defended himself, but he seemed ok with dying once he'd been injured, so maybe he wanted it, at least partly, and didn't want to defend himself.

#38 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yeah was thinking that too, skadoosh. Like if Alexander really wanted to put up a fight he would have. Jaeger, he was an elder and I'm guessing the older you get the more stronger the vampire blood comes? I don't know. Lol. But that is a possibility maybe? His blood was just stronger than hers and when she bit him it enhanced her? You seem to be the master of Underworld knowledge which I find really cool.

#39 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

I was thinking that the Vampire and Werewolf Strain, especially in his sons, might have made them stronger than their father if that makes any sense whereas Selene, being a far younger vampire, would definitely be boosted by Alexander's blood.

I don't think I understand your post Dark Spider - he wasn't a Vampire but he was an Elder, an Immortal.

#40 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

if Alexander really wanted to put up a fight he would have.

Yeah, exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users