corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Freddy huffed. "Why does he get to stay in Hell? The kid's a retar--"

He was launched across the room by Jason's powerful backhand, smacking into a wall.

"Oh, you son of a bitch..." he muttered, knowing he couldn't retaliate, otherwise his sentence could be worsened. Lucifer saw Jason as the victim of Freddy's malicious plans in 2003, so Jason was very nearly untouchable.

Lucifer stared him down, red, glowing, radiant eyes denoting extreme power. "Quiet yourself, Frederick. I simply have one task, as you've removed Mr. Voorhees here from his appointed hunting ground. There is another presence in the woods of Camp Crystal Lake, a powerful one at that, that I'm simply too busy to handle or send anyone else to take care of."

Freddy frowned. Hockey Puck's turf, eh? He supposed it was fitting.

"How powerful?" Freddy asked resignedly.

"Quite."

"When do I leave?"

"Now."

"Real--"

Poof. Hell was minus one Freddy Krueger, and Camp Crystal Lake had gained one.

Slenderman stood on a large rocky outcropping, his tall, slim form silhouetted against the full moon which hovered imposingly over the camp.

Six terns were below him, oblivious to his presence as they tried to fix their electrical recording devices. He knew they had come out here to find him, but he hadn't known they wouldn't do their research.

They moved like zombies, slowly shuffling through the woods away from him. His face remained expressionless as ever.

"Hey Jake?" A girl whispered close to his ear. "When do you think we'll see him? He's around here somewhere, isn't he?"

"Of course," Jake answered softly, his camera swirling about as he tried to get a glimpse through static that was beginning to fade.

When they had started their endeavor into the forest, they'd been afraid of seeing Jason (and if they caught him on film, it'd be great), but so far it's just been blank trees and shrubs, their small storebought flashlights providing a meager source of light so as to illuminate the dilapidated trail.

"Hey, uh, Jake? I'm starting to think we should go back..." A small teenage boy with glasses said quietly from the back of the group. "Look what I found."

He held up a piece of copy paper, which was drawn on in some kind of charcoal which read: "STAY AWAY" in messily scratched, scribbled letters. It had some sort of symbol on it, a circle drawn in the same style with a heavy X through the middle.

"What... the... fu--" A rather large girl by the name of Matilda started.

A loud hoot interrupted her swear, making them all jump. They looked for the source and found it, a massive owl staring menacingly down at them, as if to ask "Why are you here?!"

Jake's attention returned to the paper and the nerd. "I'm sure it's nothing," he said adamantly, looking around for objections in the group. There were none.

Freddy appeared behind a tree... in the physical world. "Shiiit,really?" He asked Lucifer, shaking his head. He muttered an obscenity and trundled off onto a cleared area, freezing as he was caught in the dim glow of a cheap flashlight. He raised a hand to block the incoming light from his eyes as it stung regardless of its intensity.

"Whoa shit!" A voice exclaimed, and he felt eyes on him.

"What the hell are you doing here, guy?" He was asked.

Freddy slowly lowered his hand and the kids gasped. "Too old," he muttered before running off into the woods.

"Follow him!" Came the cry, and suddenly there were six relatively active teens chasing him through the woods.

Slenderman watched in relative disinterest as they drew closer to him, to where he'd teleported after the teens had disappeared from his line of sight.

He waited completely silently as they were getting closer and closer, his powers inadvertently rendering the teens unconscious.

Freddy stopped running, very nearly out of breath, hardly noticing the dark aura around him.

When his oxygen had been regained, he turned and found himself standing face to face with none other than Slenderman,his tall, gaunt figure casting a massive shadow over Freddy.

He thought he could see a jagged smile on Slenderman's face as he was swallowed into the dimension Slenderman hid inside himself.

"What are you doing here, burnt one?" An intelligent, resonating voice asked him as he stood in some sort of void plane of existence.

"Lucifer sent me, he says pack your bags and be outta here in right freaking now. He says this ain't your turf, and it never will be," Freddy responded matter-of-factly.

"Lucifer? LUCIFER HAS NO POWER HERE!" The voice shook the dimension. "SOMETHING FAR GREATER IN TERMS OF POWER HAS ARISEN. THIS WORLD, THIS PLANET WILL SUFFER THROUGH 3000 EONS OF PAIN AND DESTRUCTION WHICH THEY HAVE BROUGHT UPON THEMSELVES!"

"Yeah yeah yeah, now lemme go or I'll remove ya, you overzealous f*ck."

Freddy heard only a laugh, then a warping sound behind him.

"You truly think you can impose your will upon me?" Freddy turned to see the Slenderman stranding behind him, hands clasped behind his back and his jagged lips in the same cruel, condescending smile.

"Yeah, or Lucifer'll f*ck you up."

Slenderman frowned. "Did I not already tell you Lucifer had no power here? I was not lying."

Freddy's eyes widened as he realized the connotations. "I'm... stuck here?"

Slenderman's mouth returned to smile form. "Only if you are unsuccessful in my trials... and you must stand before the mighty Cthulhu and pledge your allegiance to Him and his cause, on unbreakable terms."

"I... but..." Freddy searched for a loophole, a way out of this, but none were made apparent. He suspected Slenderman was just clever enough to the point that his plan was devoid of loopholes or hidden exits. "Fine."

Trial One: Freddy must solve several puzzles cooked up by Slenderman (puzzles he's been perfecting for years).

Trial Two: Freddy must defeat six different Shoggoths in the following environments: Urban, Jungle, Forest, Desert, Arctic, and Underwater (Freddy will be sustained magically while in the water).

Trial Three: Freddy must be judged by the Dark Lord Cthulhu personally and be approved-- otherwise he is eaten or otherwise killed.

The first two trials take place in Slenderman's dimension, the third in the city of R'lyeh in front of Cthulhu and his most powerful allies (random Eldritches from the Cthulhu mythos).

Hope you had fun reading, if not, tell me how I can improve; by the way, I wrote this late at night on a Kindle in an hour and a half (due to technical problems with my computer), so don't rate too harshly.

Signed, Corvette1710.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Learn More About
Slender Man
Read more about Slender Man at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain Links: Wikipedia Mystical Creatures Guide Marble Hornets

Freddy Krueger
Read more about Freddy Krueger at Wikipedia
Official Site: New Line Cinema Links: Wikipedia House of Horrors Spiffy Entertainment

#3 Shoggoth breeder

Shoggoth breeder

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Calling Cthulhu

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Pretty good setup. I couldn't spot any obvious errors. For the match:

Trial 1- Freddy doesn't strike me as the kind to be good at puzzles, but with enough time he might be able to figure them out.

Trial 2- Freddy gets eaten unless he has his powers or some fire-based weaponry.

Trial 3- Cthulhu and a bunch of other Lovecraftian entities can already manipulate dreams, so I don't see why they'd need him.

#4 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

He has his powers for Trial Two.

Eh, probably dirty work?

#5 Shoggoth breeder

Shoggoth breeder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

Okay, he wins Trial 2 by torching the Shoggoths.

And they already have a bunch of creatures to do dirty work.

#6 Shoggoth breeder

Shoggoth breeder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

DP

#7 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

I need to read Call of Cthulhu again, and possibly extended mythos stuff, heh.

Well you have your reasoning and I won't argue with it (not allowed to be biased for the fight).

#8 Shoggoth breeder

Shoggoth breeder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Then my work here is done.

#9 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

the setup is decent, but there is a few obvious spelling errors, and the characterization seems a bit off, I've seen you do quite a bit better than this, so all in all I'm giving this a 'C'

As for the Trials, Freddy is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, so he fails Trial one, Trial two is fairly easy since he's got his powers, and finally Trial three, he gets eaten.

All in all, a win for the Slender man.

#10 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Well this is an interesting match up here!

However I do believe that everyone has already mentioned what the outcome of this battle is, so I am pretty much inclined to go with Slender Man here!

-Rakai'Thwei

#11 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

@Kain: What's the saying? F is for Fantastic? C is now for Coolio. :P

@Rakai: Awesome. :D

#12 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Good set-up, corvette. Interesting in that Freddy's actually the victim this time around.

As for the match, I think Freddy's screwed here. He almost definitely won't pass Trial 1, he appears to have a chance with Trial 2, and, since I don't see Freddy proving himself worthy of anything but bringing chaos and death, he probably fails Trial 3.

#13 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Slendy takes this. Freddy has shown to get cocky and let his guard down, and it could easily be taken advantage of. Slender Man has no shown weaknesses.

#14 iceeater24

iceeater24

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Movies,sports,and other stuff.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Slender Man wins. End of story.

#15 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
C
B
B
B Good, but seeems to be missing something to make it great.
F
B
SCORE
Slender Man: 21
Freddy Krueger: 13
FPA: 2.4

#16 Guest_Xgangster_*

Guest_Xgangster_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

slender man is the best :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic