#1 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

It's been four years since 2008, and yet, the Soekotjos and the Von Klingens even in unity, are still restlessly conflicted.
Up until recently in fact, the dark visage of the Von Klingen family Kuntilanak had been plaguing the very sanctity of Marcell's dreams.

Every night it would appear to Marcell, while he was deep in sleep, and attempt to kill him.
But, as soon as he woke up, the apparition would vanish and Marcell would be left breathing heavy and sweating for no apparent reason.
After these nocturnal activities had ran for about three weeks, Marcell was finally forced to seek help.

By this point, it began to look to him, as if the fine line between sanity and lunacy was growing thin.
In an attempt to gain show sort of closure, Marcell turned to the one person who he believed could provide the most useful advice, his mother Agnis.
Agnis though, simply gave Marcell a deep frown to him as they sat in the living room.

"Based on the legend, you should not be suffering from the curse at this point", she plainly replied. "Mom, please", Marcell begged.
"It has been appearing in my dreams every night."
Sweating deeply around the creases in his forehead Marcell looked desperately at his mother.
"Every night mom."
"It has appeared every night with those haunting eyes, that blood soaked dress, and those talon like claws that make a guillotine seem a more humane way to die."
Noticing his terror, Agnis put her hand on his shoulder.
"Perhaps I may know of a way to contact that spirit", she replied.
"But be fare warned, the spirit will not like being disturbed."
Straightening out his face, Marcell looked at her with an expression of acceptance.
"Do you really wish to exhume that energy, based on your mind's tricks?", she asked out of concern.
"I don't know any other way to make these nightmares stop", he condescended.
Letting out a hounded sigh, Agnis got up from where she was sitting and went to the occultist altar, which she had set up in the corner of the room.

After tossing and turning many of the contents on the table top paintings, religious statues, parts of a much larger scripture, she eventually came up with a ceremonial incense tray.
As she brought it from, there, to the living room coffee table, Marcell could see the clear, yet still visible vortexes of energy surrounding the ash tray like structure.
However Marcell did not voice his concerns, not when Agnis put the tray down, not when she was lighting the cherry and cinnamon oil with a match, and not even when she began chanting in ways that would disturb anyone else.
Despite all this, his mouth was as sealed as a bank vault, even as his mother's eyes rolled back into her head while she was deep in her chantings.
'It will become clear tonight', he said to himself.
'I will know why this accursed phantom has its sights set on me.'

After a while, as Agnis had started to pick up a quicker rhythmic pattern in her chants, the wind started to pick up rapidly, and the room felt as if it were being absorbed into one centralized figure. Realizing this, Marcell fell over and back tracked, as the room started to shrink and capitulate into the center.
Attempting to grasp at anything viable, Marcell found the room was both distorting, as the once solid baby blue wallpaper became skewered in its form.
With his mind racing in its delusions, Marcell eyed a family picture, in hopes of it providing a clear definition of where his mind was.
But as he looked at the picture this time though, it became stretched beyond the limitations of a fun house mirror, and Marcell's once happy smiling face, became a sinister looking persona.
It looked so hideously disfigured, that it seemed to be deeply mocking him, and his personal definition of who he really was.
In it, in fact, he could see his sins every single one he'd ever done, with that perverse doppleganger laughing and smiling in glee at Marcell's inner wickedness.
Stricken to the core, he stumbled back and ended up bumping into a shadowed materialized form

Catching it eye to eye, he saw its feet pale and bloody, its dress, ruffled and translucent white, and the gapping hole in its back, visible even from the front.
It gazed on Marcell with its yellow beady eyes, wispy black hair, blood tainted fangs, and as a whole resembled a girls porcelain doll mixed with the images in a grimdark authors head.
"No", he shouted from the ground.
"Not you."
"Not again".
"My what a way to greet someone", it remarked snarkally.
"No wonder you Soekotjos are so disgusting to interact with."
"There isn't even a trace of civility in you brutes."
"Speak, spirit, be damned if you don't, and tell us why you torment our family", Agnis confronted her.
"Can it with the stone age psycho babble cave woman", it replied.
"Besides my interests are not with you but rather your son."
"What do you want with me?", Marcell stuttered in his speech.
"Marcell, we're like family now", it began.
"At least that's what those cheesy marriage vows said", it snickered.
"Anyway, we are like family now", the spirit reasserted herself.
"And thus it is only natural that we bare the burdens indebted with family."

Standing back up, Marcell looked up at the figure in an inquisitive light.
"That is to say, I've kept you and Vonny off of my meal plan for quite some time," it stated.
"But I can't stay hungry forever, so I propose a simple exchange."
Reaching for his wallet, the spirit smacked it out of Marcell's hands.
"Not that you arrogant fool", it shouted.
"Another type of exchange."
"I can see the future Marcell, therefore I know you will have a young woman named Ria Midori in your tattoo shop tomorrow."
"You will bring her to me."
"And what will I get in return?", Marcell demanded.
"Immunity", it smiled grimly.
"From me eating yours truly and your beloved Vonny, in the days that follow."
"You have 24 hours, to bring her to me or else you and Vonny shall never enjoy another sunrise together."
Laughing as it started to fade, Marcell looked at the coffee table in the anxiety of fear.

As the rest of the night progressed, Marcell started to weigh the implications of the Kuntilanak's request very heavily in his mind.
By the time the day had started, he'd barely got any sleep, as a result of pondering how he'd address the situation.
Since he was restless and easily provoked to madness, Marcell's employees kept a cautionary perception of him all morning.
Then finally, as it was about noon, the little bell above the entrance rang to signal a customer.
Rapidly gaining interest, Marcell looked at the entranceway hoping for it to be.... not Vonny.
Although Marcell did truly love her and was pleased that she took the time to visit him, she wasn't Ria, and thus not the key to their survival.
Walking over to Marcell in excitement, Vonny wrapped her arms around his waist, as she gave him both a beautiful and romantic hug.
Marcell though, was not focused on Vonny's gesture of love, as much as he was on the appearance of whoever Ria was.
"How's work been?", Vonny asked smiling.
"Slow", he replied while looking at the door.
"Did the Kimoko twins come in yet?", she wondered.
"They typically get about five tattoos a week."
"No", he said while still looking at the door.
"You know it's mighty rude to be looking somewhere else, when someone is trying to talk to you", Vonny frowned as she blocked Marcell's view of the door.
"That's true honey, but I'm waiting for someone very important to arrive", he remarked in frustration.
"Who?", she asked in sincerity.
"Your secret lover perhaps?"
Continuing to look at the door, Marcell ignored Vonny's playfulness indicated by her smile.
"Wow, I can't believe you'd cheat on me even before our fifth anniversary", she smiles slyly.
Still ignoring her, Marcell kept his eyes on the door, intently waiting for the woman to arrive.

Within a few minutes though, as the bell rang this time, a tall, raven haired young woman in a red velvet jacket, and tomato colored stocking, came through the door.
Desperate to know if this person was it, Marcell raced to her in a hurry.
"Don't have too much fun you two", Vonny chuckled in response.
Upon reaching her, Marcell tried his best to put on a respectable showmanship despite growing fears.
"Pardon me", he began.
Turning her head to his extremely indented face, she looked at him with a slightly disturbed expression.
"Is your name, by any chance, Ria Midori?", Marcell asked out of breath.
Glimmering as a product of the sun's rays, she smiled at Marcell as a pure aura surrounded her countenance.
"And to which charity do you wish to talk to me about?", she gingerly inquired.
"Cha...charity?", Marcell stumbled over his words again.
"Why yes, have you not heard of me, I'm Ria Midori, part time pastor, part time nun, and all time sweetheart of all man kind", she replied almost rhythmically.
"Can you excuse me for a moment?", Marcell asked in a quiver.
"Certainly, and may good fortune find you wherever you are", she continued smiling.

Walking back, Marcell caught sight of Vonny's mocking smile, "So you have a thing for a nun huh?"
"Wow Marcell, aren't you a dirty boy?"
"That's enough Vonny", he muttered as he continued walking towards the bathroom.
Splashing cold water onto his face, Marcell looked deeply at his visage in the mirror.
"I can't do something like that", he muttered.
"Bringing her to the Kuntilanak."
"She's not a beggar, a street girl, or even a klepto, this woman is the definition of a saint."
Peeking out the door, Marcell saw the woman offering a superfluously impossible amount of courtesy to an artist of all people.
"If I do that I'll be looking at a sentence in hell for the rest of my life", he remarked out of anguish.
Behind Marcell at that moment however, a chilling voice uttered, "Marcell", deeply but yet still in silence.
Spinning around, he found there to be no one behind me, much to his dismay.
Putting his hands to his head, he rubbed both cortexes of his brain simultaneously.
While looking at himself deep in the mirror, Marcell stretched his face wide enough to reveal the blood vessels in his eyes.
"I must be losing it", he told himself.
"I simply must be fishing for daisies in a river."
Nearly a second later, and the lights started to flicker on and off, as if the internal wiring were insufficient.
Gazing at the fluorescent light fixture's dying power, Marcell reached up to fix it, only to have an electric bolt burn his hand.
After running it under cold water, Marcell went to grab some toilet paper to use as a bandage, while an electric bolt bounced from the light fixture to every corner of the square room like a pinball.
Just as Marcell had finished wrapping up his hand, the electric bolt struck his face violently, leaving a black scar on Marcell's cheek.
Then it forced Marcell up and towards the bathroom mirror.
There, in his reflection, Marcell realized that the Pocong that had for so long kept a lease on his body, was again back to collect.
"You have grown wasteful my nephew", the voice spoke as Marcell's reflection.
"Why...", Marcell begged.
"Why now?', he stuttered.
"It's been four years, the conflict's... over."
"Not over", it replied.
"Never over, just delayed."
A tear rolled down Marcell's face, which the Pocong using his reflection flicked away.
"Vonny, I...love her", he pled.
"I'm not here for her", it decreed to Marcell's relief.
"The Kuntilanak", it continued.
"It is venturing into dangerous territory..."
"My territory", it growled softly.
"And it must be stopped."
"Ehh...", Marcell responded weakly.
"We shall do so together", it enforced.
"No way, I won't let you take my body again", he feebly declared.
"I have no interest in permanent lodging in your body", it answered.
"What I propose is simply a temporary merging of power, until the Kuntilanak is thwarted."
"And if I resist?", he inquired.
"Then you shall have to face an impossible battle on your own", it declared before fading away.

Turning away from his reflection, Marcell propped open the door with his thumb, to gaze at Vonny.
Once the sun set, Marcell found the Kuntilanak by it's ever shifting odors, which lead him to the edge of the docks in the industrial sector.
Catching it splurging upon the remains of a fish it killed, Marcell turned away with disgust.
"And you said I'm uncivilized", he remarked about the Kuntilanak.
Spinning around, it wiped away the fish scales from it's maw, before giving Marcell a toothy smile.
"Even nobility needs to be rewarded", it defended it's self in glee.
"Now where is Ria?"
"I'm afraid Ria won't be joining us", Marcell folded his arms.
"Oh?", it's tongue slithered around its lips.
"Is that so?"
"I know what you want her for, and I won't allow it", he shot back at it.
"I will not allow you to possess a new body, your reign of terror ends now."
"Such insight is beyond your potential recognition", it replied with a cruel smile.
"Which means "someone" must have tipped you off."
"Mister Raden perhaps?"
"That's right", Marcell grinned with pride.
"In fact, he and I are conjoined right now."
Raising his palm out in front of him, Marcell made an attempt to perform a lunging like movement several times, before realizing that the Pocong was not with him.
"Oh...", he remarked.
"You'll enjoy hell Marcell, you'll probably burn down there for lying too", it smiled sadistically.

Levitating from off the ground, it moved quickly towards Marcell, who wasted no time in fleeing in the other direction.
Chasing him for several minutes on the dock, the Kuntilanak moved indefinitely closer to Marcell with each and every step.
Opening it's mouth, it let out many splashes of blood, left over mostly from the fish, onto the wood of the dock.
As he had his head peeking behind him to see where the spirit was, Marcell observed it licking it's lips with a light green tentacle like tongue, as if to suggest its desires.
Somehow though, this combination of light green, pale white, and crimson red, managed to get to Marcell, as he didn't notice the knob in dock's wood and tripped.
Taking advantage of the situation, the Kuntilanak pounced after Marcell with it's claws extended, only to get tossed aside by Marcell's legs into a nearby shipping crate.
"Sorry I'm late", a cold voice uttered from Marcell's lips.
"Took you long enough", Marcell countered in his head.
"With that attitude, I shouldn't have decided to help you at all", the Pocong replied back.
Picking its' self up, the Kuntilanak looked at Marcell through a deep red lens.
"Always like a Soekotjo to cheat", it growled.
"Kuntilanak, you agreed to never possess another soul", the Pocong stated.
"You didn't read the fine print on our agreement then did you?", it smiled.
"I agreed never to possess another Von Klingen soul, Ria Midori is not a Von Klingen."
"Those words mean nothing to me," the Pocong replied.
"You swore an oath on your life, and now you've violated it."
"Therefore you must face penance."
Frowning the Kuntilanak replied with "Then do it."
"If you can, you bag of bones."
Charging at each other in the cargo section of the port, the two began a long grid locked fight to the finish as sparks flew from shattering lanterns.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Learn More About
Pocong (Marcell Soekotjo)
Read more about Pocong (Marcell Soekotjo) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Mitra Pictures Links: Wikipedia Taliesin Blogspot Pocong (Myth)

Kuntilanak
Read more about Kuntilanak at Wikipedia
Official Site: Mitra Pictures Links: Wikipedia Taliesin Blogspot Kuntilanak (Myth)

#3 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
    Superhumans.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

^ Youtube Video to give idea about the characters/powers etc.
Please forgive the language gap, it's Indonesian, no English dubs are available.

#4 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

To be honest, I still don't get it. The set up helped some but not enough. These characters are just too off for me to decide how this will turn out. I'll be a trooper and check the other links to see if there's something there for me to latch on too. It's not bad, I'm just having trouble understanding them.

#5 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Okay, I did a little more reasearch and it does make since now. :) The Kantilanak seems to be getting legalisitc therefore it's operating outside of its permitted sphere of influence. Since it's in the wrong, I think the Pocong can teach her a lesson.

#6 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
    Superhumans.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Okay, I did a little more reasearch and it does make since now. The Kantilanak seems to be getting legalisitc therefore it's operating outside of its permitted sphere of influence. Since it's in the wrong, I think the Pocong can teach her a lesson.

Yup that's about right. Sorry about any cross cultural misunderstandings you might have had, I'm still new to these Indonesian characters myself, but both seemed interesting enough to use thus I added them.
Essentially, the two are based on both the folk tales, of which are in their links, and the content presented in the movie, which is also in the links as well as found on youtube, albeit without English subtitles/dubs unfortunetly.

#7 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

They are kind of interesting. I said it in the rating comments though that they may get a better response and more attetion if they are put up against popular characters like the Ghostbusters or Mulder and Skully. That would make a good match if you use the same level of quality set up you used here. And the research was very easy. That's why my second comment came so quickly (like ten minutes later).

#8 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
B
A After doing some work, I was able to vote. Might get more attetion putting off characters like this against known people like The Ghostbusters or Mulder and Skully.
SCORE
Pocong (Marcell Soekotjo): 11
Kuntilanak: 4
FPA: 3.5

#9 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Oh, wow, missed commenting on this one! Sorry, Z. I started reading it, but couldn't finish due to circumstances.

#10 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
    Superhumans.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Oh, wow, missed commenting on this one! Sorry, Z. I started reading it, but couldn't finish due to circumstances.

It's all well and good. So what did you think anyway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users