#1 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

The battle raged on. Warkha swiped with a fury with his wrist blades at Panther’s chest. Narrowly dodging, the blade cut through the vibranium mesh to Panther’s surprise. Countering with an attack of his own, Panther lashed out. His anti-metal claws cut deep into Warkha’s chest plate. Another swipe put deep scratches across his biomask. Moving with the strike, Warkha recoiled and gripped his smart disc. In one fluid motion, he spun throwing the disc. It sailed through the air cutting slightly into Panther’s side as he dove. As it came back Warkha caught it and threw it again. This time it was flying for Panther’s head. Just managing to duck as it cut off one ear on his costume, Panther recovered through a roll. The disc became stuck inside a large rock behind where Panther had been. Coming up out of the roll, Panther launched vibranium spikes forcing Warkha to dive for cover behind a huge tree. Reactivating his cloak, Warkha flanked Panther. Black Panther moved with caution, looking for his attacker. Suddenly Panther was knocked across the jungle floor, landing hard with a thud. Wrenching and holding his ribs, Panther stood to his feet. His attacker could not be seen. Out of nowhere Warkha’s naginata came flying through the air. Jumping and twirling in the air, Panther narrowly avoided it while at the same time launching vibranium spikes in the direction the naginata came from. Panther laid prone, ready to pounce. He waited several minutes for another attack but none came. Climbing to his feet, he could see a faint glow on the ground in the distance. Walking closer he could see the creature lying with a piece of vibranium stuck through its biomask and head.

The entire battle and elder had been watching from his ship. Through a holo vid he had seen the entire fight unfold. Knowing how great a hunter Warkha was Cetanu (God of Death) knew this “Black Panther” must be an extraordinary warrior. Cetanu gave Panther some time to recover. During this time Cetanu watched vids of Panther in action and of his own previous hunts. Finally after what he felt like was an adequate time to heal, he decided to challenge the warrior in his home. He had to reclaim his fallen brothers tech and wanted to challenge himself against such an ooman.

Black Panther sat in solitude at the ritual combat arena. He sat in the throne there, nearly healed of his injuries. He contemplated on what to do next. He could tell that the creature that attacked him was some sort of hunter. Also if there was one, their would probably be more. As if on cue, a light flickered in the sky. It began to look like a comet. Then it suddenly changed course and crashed into the center of the arena.

Cetanu could feel the impact as he landed. The drop pod began to open up. Vapor could be seen leaking from the opening in the craft. A door began to rise until it was suddenly knocked off its hinges. Cetanu stepped out into the evening air. It felt warm on his skin. The hot humid climate reminded him of his world. Stepping out on the ground, the size of the creature could be heard in the thud of its feet on the ground. Panther looked on, as the creature rose to its full height. Weapons and armor adorned its body. With a quick throw of its hands, a laser grid was set up all around the arena between the columns. As if to show by example, Cetanu threw a large rock into the lasers. It was cut in two with ease, like a hot knife through butter. He reached back into the drop pod and grabbed hold of something. To Panther’s dismay the creature pulled out a host of humans skulls all connected by some sort of wire. He then threw the skulls in front of him for Panther to see. Fixing his gaze back on Panther, Cetanu extended his wrist blades from both arms. Bending his knees with his arms opened wide, he let loose a guttural roar. Rising to his feet, Panther knew he must win and then warn the Avengers.

Predator w/ plasma grade ceremonial armor, dual wrist blades, razor whip, naginata, shoulder canon, smart disc, ninja sword, and two shirunkens

VS

Black Panther 95% w/ anti metal claws and energy dagger

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Learn More About
Black Panther
Read more about Black Panther at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Black Panther's Wiki Page Digital Priests Black Panther Black Panther on Marvel.com

Elder Predator
Read more about Elder Predator at Wikipedia
Official Site: Dark Horse Links: Wikipedia spawn.com avpgalaxy.net

#3 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Considering that this is an Elder, he is marginally stronger than your average run of the mill Blooded Predator and he is definitely much more experienced as well, and depending on where he hunted and what he has hunted-- it's likely that he might have more than enough skill and even picked up some fighting styles from the unlikeliest of teachers-- human prey. Imagine a Yautja learning Kenjutsu, or even Shaolin Kung-Fu-- you'd have something extremely dangerous here. I am not entirely sure what skills Centanu here has picked up in the hunt, but chances are that Black Panther-- considering his condition, will not be coming out of this alive.

So now it's Panther's skills, going up agains the Elder's experience here.

In every physical way, Panther is outclassed to a point where it's not even funny. Do not get me started on physical strength to what an Elder can do (see Scarface Predator for examples) though Panther's skill makes up for it. But considering the condition which he is in (he's not at 100% according to the set up)... it's looking quite grim for him.

My only complaint is that you kept the Anti-Metal. We've established that Adamantium more or less is effected by it and by default-- namely on general consensus here that the Anti-Metal would be also effecting the Dlex, no matter the grade. It would be even more fair if the Anti-metal were dropped. I mean I know that an Elder's strength, speed, durability and skill and even experience far outweight Panther's but still, that Anti-metal is too much of an advantage.

-Rakai'Thwei

#4 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

I let him keep the anti metal due to his health. I also gave the predator more weapons and thicker armor.

#5 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

I also gave the predator more weapons and thicker armor.

I fail to see how that helps.

-Rakai'Thwei

#6 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

it will give him more versatility in his attacks and better armor against everything else. Predator has all physical stats and experince. Panther had to have a chance here for it to be fair.

#7 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Predator has all physical stats and experince.

Does this Elder have any perks or skills he picked up from the Hunt?

I recall a Yautja who had learned the art of Bushido and Kenjutsu from watching a Samurai by the name of Subotai, and he even had two custom swords which he used with that skill he picked up from a long time human adversary.

-Rakai'Thwei

#8 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Does this Elder have any perks or skills he picked up from the Hunt?

I recall a Yautja who had learned the art of Bushido and Kenjutsu from watching a Samurai by the name of Subotai, and he even had two custom swords which he used with that skill he picked up from a long time human adversary.

-Rakai'Thwei

Being and Elder with humans skulls means he has been to Earth multiple times and challenged people through out the ages and like most Elders, he has picked up a thing or two in his travels.

#9 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Being and Elder with humans skulls means he has been to Earth multiple times and challenged people through out the ages and like most Elders, he has picked up a thing or two in his travels.

Looking at the set up, it's hinted that he knows ninjutsu.

Can you confirm this?

-Rakai'Thwei

#10 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Looking at the set up, it's hinted that he knows ninjutsu.

Can you confirm this?

-Rakai'Thwei

Yes and depending on the outcome of each match in this hopefully long arc, he will gain new things

#11 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Yes and depending on the outcome of each match in this hopefully long arc, he will gain new things

So we have an Elder Predator, who is marginally stronger than your average run of the mill Blooded ranked Predator who physically outclasses Black Panther in almost everyway here at this point, and has a wider range of experience. Also considering that Yautja, are usually trained in the art of Jehdin, as mentioned in the novels such as Prey and War, but throw in ninjutsu training-- yeah, effectively speaking you have a monster on your hands here. Yautja that acquire skills from the hunt such as additional martial arts training by observing their prey, are nothing really to laugh at. Panther might be skilled, but here we have a Predator who knows more than just Jehdin, has a physical advantage over the ruler of Wakanda, and has experience and ninjutsu to boot.

I'm going with the Elder here.

-Rakai'Thwei

#12 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

I find it kinda amusing you'd claim it'd be more fair if the Anti-Metal was dropped despite the obvious, glaring advantages the Predator has over the Black Panther. It doesn't do anything so much to equalize the fight to be rather honest as it's mainly situated within his claws, i.e. he'll have to get in close to use them and that directly puts him at risk. Not only that but T'Challa only has an energy dagger aside from the claws and his vibranium mesh armor whereas the Yautja has armor arguably similar to Primary Adamantium, far more weaponry, is physically superior (except for maybe in speed - they're about equal there if that's the case.) and has his combat experience/knowledge surpassing T'Challas. And T'Challa is slightly injured, what being at 95%.

Overall: A Stomp Match in favor of the Yautja.

#13 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

I find it kinda amusing you'd claim it'd be more fair if the Anti-Metal was dropped despite the obvious, glaring advantages the Predator has over the Black Panther. It doesn't do anything so much to equalize the fight to be rather honest as it's mainly situated within his claws, i.e. he'll have to get in close to use them and that directly puts him at risk.

I would have to disagree with that solely because of here-say from a lot of would be Marvel fans here.

I will say this, it is very intimidating to put an AvP character up against a Marvel character because you have so many people who are naturally going to vouch for the Marvel character primarily because-- said character is a Marvel. This is something which I have noticed in many CBUB matches going back all the way to 2006 (I am not sure if you were around at that time). Having that said, I feel as if sometimes that the Marvel supporters perhaps make these characters more than they are out to be-- I mean let's face it, Panther is a very popular character and in the years I have been on the CBUB, a lot of people have made claims to crazy and improbable, if not impossible things which he has done (which we later find out might've been PIS or comic mechanics).

A lot of people are going to say that here, T'challa might win because of the Anti-metal, and I am completely unfamiliar with the character hence my reasoning. I am going off by what a lot of Marvel supporters and fans out there are saying, rather than seeing this Elder going up against someone or something I have some fair amount of knowledge in.

In short, my reasoning is probably due to intimidation and here-say from a lot of Marvel fans would eventually say here.

I will say that I find it very surprising that you think that the Anti-metal won't even make much of a difference. I actually am genuinely surprised considering I know that you know more about Marvel than I do... And here I'd thought you'd go for Panther because well... he's a Marvel and that apparently he's done some crazy things which I can't even begin to think off the top of my head.

-Rakai'Thwei

#14 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

To be frank, those Marvel fans would need to improve their deductive/reasoning skills better then - what you speak of is either uneducated prattle or just sheer fanboyism.

And the Anti-Metal does help, I'm not denying that, but it's not going to do much considering two things: Panther has to get into extremely close proximity whereas the Predator has several weapons that give him reach over Panther, and that the claws doesn't necessarily automatically, in entirety, destroy the Dlex. It'll damage them, scratch them as seen in the set up.

What we see here is... the Yautja's clearly observed T'Challa, meaning he's aware of his capabilities and more, and T'Challa has been caught off guard by the Elder in his own turf, what with the laser fence - which only more and more convinces me its in the Predator's favor in conjunction with the prior elaboration.

And honestly - I've seen some Marvels lose matches here. There's no Status Quo - it's just a popularity contest and it's pretty much up to those in the known to make it otherwise, though may it be seemingly difficult or nigh impossible. >.>

#15 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

Black Panther totally wins because he made Silver Surfer tap out.

#16 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

now dont forget that Panther's suit is made of a vibranium mesh

#17 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

now dont forget that Panther's suit is made of a vibranium mesh

Wouldn't that mean the more damage the Yautja deals toward Black Panther, the tougher his suit becomes? At least, when it comes down to purely physical blows. That would actually mean that Black Panther would have more of a chance, since going for close range strikes would no longer spell certain demise for the Wakandan. Keeping in mind, of course, that the vibranium mesh would have limits to its absorbtion abilities; I just don't think that the Elder can deal out a level of damage the vibranium couldn't handle. At least, when it comes to physical strength.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

The High Grade Dlex in the Elder's Weapons would cut through it, most likely.

And it wouldn't be able to stop the Smart Disc or the Plasma Caster.

If the Yautja decides to start throwing punches and kicks, it's not going to amount to much but seeing as Panther is armed with claws and an energy dagger, the Yautja is most likely going to rely on his weaponry.

As was said, it's most likely in the Yautja's favor. :)

#19 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

Yeah, I figured as much. Like I said, trading punches would probably do very little for the Elder Predator, but the same can be said the other way around, if Rakai's claims regarding Yautja High Grade Dlex armor is accurate--and I'm pretty sure they are. It's kind of like putting two little kids in a death match and giving them both a suit of armor. Except one kid is four years older, has a bunch of grenades, and an uzi. Kind of.

#20 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Panther does have a ranged weapon in the vibranium spikes he can launch from his hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users