Photo

The Perfect Team: the Battle 4

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Team Skirmisher vs. Team Nova (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Team Skirmisher (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Team Nova (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:22 AM

This is the official battle that started here - http://www.electricf...?showtopic=2781

Team Skirmisher vs. Team Nova
1. Vegito vs. Superman
2. The Emperor of Mankind (pre "Transcendence") vs. Goku
3. Peter Petrelli (pre encounter with his father) vs. Dr. Strange
4. Master Chief vs. Nova
5. Mace Windu vs. Gladiator
6. Zhuge Liang vs. Shazam
7. Dr. Strange vs. The Sentry
The characters have no prior knowledge of each other.

Simple question: Who wins? Discuss, debate and help pick the perfect team. Choose wisely, because the best hero team will have to fight the winning super villain team.

Poll ends: Nov 9th.

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

I pushed back the date of this one due to it being a little late. I'm not excepting anymore entries at this point.

#3 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

1. Vegito vs. Superman
I would say Vegito wins this hands down.

It may be tough to get through that thick skull, but if any psyker in all of fiction can do it then The EOM can.

Hmm... Peter probably wouldn't be able to mimic Strange's Magic, though he does already possess a good assortment of powers that should win it for him.

4. Master Chief vs. Nova
Nova... I don't think much would be left of the Chief after this...

Mothaf**ka, another loss, Windu dies here...

Does it have to be a fight, I think that Liang could probably convince Shazam to have a friendly game of Chess which would even it up...

I would think that Strange would be one of the very few in Marvel to actually be able to defeat Sentry.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

The Emperor of Mankind is the only character I don't know much about. Tell me more (something I can't learn from Wiki perhaps) and I can make a decision.

#5 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

The Emperor of Mankind is the only character I don't know much about. Tell me more (something I can't learn from Wiki perhaps) and I can make a decision.

Not much is actually told in great detail, but it is confirmed that he is an Alpha Plus Level psyker... below him would be Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta etc... For perspective, a Delta level could read the minds of an entire town at the same time, or crush a man to death against a wall in seconds. A Beta was able to flash fry an entire company of soldiers in a few seconds, and give prophetic visions to a regiment for months before he was stopped... Alpha's are said to be able to rip a Battle Titan in half with a thought, or send an entire world into madness... sometimes just by accident. But these are just regular Human Psykers, The EOM is beyond Humanity, and it is said that there is nothing that he cannot do with will alone.

There is a reason that the general population of humanity in 40K started to see the Emperor as a God, despite all his claims to the contrary.

And to put it in a Marvel point of view, I would think that Charles Xavier would class as a High Level Gamma, bump him a rank if he's using Cerebro.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

Okay and Goku is supposed to be immune to the mind games, right? However, that is pretty powerful. Soooo, can anybody prove to me that this guy can't fry Goku's brain.

#7 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

Okay and Goku is supposed to be immune to the mind games, right? However, that is pretty powerful. Soooo, can anybody prove to me that this guy can't fry Goku's brain.

I don't think so, I'm a big proponent of the Saiyan Mental Defense, but even I would balk at him being able to resist the EOM.

Also for fight #6 is that the Wizard Shazam or Captain Marvel?

#8 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

1. Vegito vs. Superman

Vegito sweeps the floor with Superman.
Skirm: 1
Nova: 0

I don't buy the Mental Denfense thing. The Emperor takes this. Easy.
Skirm: 2
Nova: 0

Peter's got nothing. This is basically Twilight vs Homer. Peter's got fans, but Strange talks to gods.
Nova: 1

4. Master Chief vs. Nova

When even Skirmisher admits that the Chief goes down there's not much to add.
Nova: 2

Windu's one tough Jedi, but he ain't got nothing on Gladiator. Gladiator rips him in half, then throws him on a plane full of snakes.
Nova: 3

Hmmm.... Judging by Skirmisher's response, I'm going with Shazzam.
Nova: 4

Tough call. If either had any knowledge of the other, I'd give this to Sentry (just barely). Without that small advantage, Strange figures out a quick spell and sends Robert into a black hole.
Skirm: 3
Nova: 4

It seems like Nova takes this. Good fight from Skirmisher though...

#9 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

Peter's got nothing. This is basically Twilight vs Homer. Peter's got fans, but Strange talks to gods.
Nova: 1

Don't forget, this is before he got Gimped with his cut down Mimic power. He would still have the ones he's used before like Flight from his brother, Space-time manipulation from Hiro, Rapid cellular regeneration from Clair, Telepathy from Matt, Invisibility from Claud, Telekinesis from Sylar, Enhanced strength from Nikki, Electric manipulation from Elle, Phasing from Hawkins, etc. etc. etc.

I see him as almost if not as strong as the first two fighters.

#10 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

Those are all pretty cool powers.

Sadly, Strange has one power which tops all those.

Magic/Deus Ex Machina!!!

Note: Seriously, Strange tops any of those powers. I'd like to see Peter fight in the astral plane...

#11 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

Those are all pretty cool powers.

Sadly, Strange has one power which tops all those.

Magic/Deus Ex Machina!!!

Note: Seriously, Strange tops any of those powers. I'd like to see Peter fight in the astral plane...

Here's what probably would happen. Fight starts and Peter disappears [time stop, thank you Hiro] then he causally walks behind Strange and (Since IIRC he can only use one power at a time) Starts time again while he punches Strange in the back of the head with his Super Strength.

I know he's Mr. Deus Ex Machina, but he shouldn't have the Time to pull it off. He is after all just a regular Human.

#12 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

Or, more likely, Strange rips open a hole in space and time.

The hole then transports Peter to a dimension of tentacle *insensitivity*. (I have a scan if you need it)

Strange pops open a cold one and walks off into the sunset...

Note: Strange has also shown ability to control time as well. I'd like to think they'd cancel out.

#13 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Or, more likely, Strange rips open a hole in space and time.

The hole then transports Peter to a dimension of tentacle *insensitivity*. (I have a scan if you need it)

Strange pops open a cold one and walks off into the sunset...

Note: Strange has also shown ability to control time as well. I'd like to think they'd cancel out.

But Strange still requires spells and incantations, or at least a wave of an amulet or something. Peter just has to think about it and time stops, and the thing with stopping time is that even though Strange has spells that can do the same, he couldn't use them before Peter could.

The fight would start and Peter would immediately be behind Strange punching him in the back of the head with Super Strength.

As for the Tentacle *insensitivity* Dimension... I know, I've seen it, and what has been seen cannot be unseen!... But it was how I pictured him winning against Sentry, since he's kinda unkillable or something.

#14 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

Let's ask ourselves, would Peter do that if he...

The characters have no prior knowledge of each other.

... had no prior knowledge to Dr. Strange?

Peter's not that type of person. Strange though, he has several spells which will take Peter out, but not harm him (permanently).

So.... I'm still siding with Strange.

#15 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:53 PM

Let's ask ourselves, would Peter do that if he...

... had no prior knowledge to Dr. Strange?

Peter's not that type of person. Strange though, he has several spells which will take Peter out, but not harm him (permanently).

So.... I'm still siding with Strange.

Telepathy!

Strange to himself ~ "Yes, I think the Tentacle *insensitivity* Dimension would be a Great place to dump this one..."

Peter ~ "Tentacle *insensitivity*?!?!?! Not on your life!" He then does everything in his power to take Strange down.

He may start out with Electricity and try to tazer, or Telekinesis, or Super Speed, but the good old Stand By is Space-Time Manipulation.

#16 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

Can i see the scan of this so called Tentacle *insensitivity* Dimension.

#17 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:01 PM

Can i see the scan of this so called Tentacle *insensitivity* Dimension.

I would to... just to confirm that it wasn't some horrible nightmare... and to get the pics to make a motivational poster... Dr. Strange! Don't F with him or you'll be banished to eternal Tentacle *insensitivity*!

#18 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

Here it is... Peters Abilities from when I picked him as a character

"After Peter first discovered his powers, he generally used one power at any given time. As he gained greater control over his ability, Peter demonstrated that he was able to access multiple powers at once."

That's what I was Thinking about. So he can use multiple powers at a time.

I still say that he can Beat Dr. Strange, as he has a wide array of powers that he can call with a thought, whereas Dr. Strange needs to recite spells and incantations.

Then again I probably should have used Future Peter, the one that's ruthless and wouldn't hesitate to kill for the greater good.

Actually that's the difference... The Peter on my team would probably stop time and attempt to render Strange unconscious with a few punches... Future Peter would probably stop time and then Phase his fist into Dr. Stranges face then pull everything out...

#19 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

Hold up.

First of all, Peter's time manipulation isn't absolute. I remember seeing Hiro fight this superfast chick. The superfast gal moved at regular speed when Hiro tried to stop time. And she wasn't even moving fast to begin with. In fact, even when time was normal, she was far below the speed of sound. I'd put her at 50 miles, tops.

Second, Dr. Strange has shown that he has vast powers over time and space. What's to stop him from doing that and canceling out Peter.

Third, the man has so much more experience than Peter. Strange has battled cosmic beings, rulers of dimensions, and even talked to Infinity! The man has traveled through so many places, that I'd doubt if anything surprises him anymore. Heck, he even fought Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet!

Fourth, how will Peter get through Strange's shields. Even when not in battle, he keeps some in place, just in case. These things have taken massive amounts of damage, and I have yet to see someone teleport inside them.

Fifth, Strange has crazy powerful psychic shields. In Astral form, he rivals even the most powerful psychics on Marvel Earth. I'd like to see Peter try to read Strange's mind....

Seriously, I can't think of a single power which could help Peter...

#20 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

Hmm...i'm doing pretty good...its tied.(Though to be honest, I kinda just used all powerhouses)

My ideal team would be far different...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users