204 replies to this topic

#61 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

They were basically puns. Our Town is gritty oscar bait with a plot that can be whatever you want, National Endowment sounds like National Treasure, and Arachnopolis is a mix of the words arachnid and metropolis so, like, Spider City I guess.

And yeah you went first because aside from treach you have the most experience in these types of battles, and Nrd doesn't have any experience so I thought you'd be a good cross-section. You and Nrd are my guinea pigs to see how to work out the kinks.

#62 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

Yeah, basically! I'd say Our town is some sort of pre 50's gangster flick. Those are always fun, Id see him going for that. At least to put in a sweet action scene or two .
For Arachnopolis, given the description of film quality the first thing that came to mind was 'Eight-Legged Freaks'. *shrugs* I don't know why.

EDIT: Ah, well happy to be of service then.

#63 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

Guinea pig numero dos posted.

#64 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

I looked at Remmington and he doesn't have ranged with his piercing weapon. Remmington can't throw accurately with the knife without ranged. What's that about Deo?

#65 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

That's a decent point. Ask Kevin. Damage wise I treated it as if he had just walked up and stabbed you

#66 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hmm...unless Kwolf edits I'll act like Remmington threw his knife. Next move I'll probably toss it out the cage.

#67 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

You could call it an extension of Tactician. Part of a general knowledge of how to use himself and his equipment to his best advantage.

#68 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yeah, sounds good :/. I figured Id get flagged for no range thing tho I said i got within a few feet of it to try and justify it. It was just story fluff, seemed like a cool bit, not trying to use it for a legit range advantage your definitely well within hitting distance of me. It's not really like he'd stab it any harder from a distance.

#69 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

No worries Kev, it's there to be decoration.

Oh and ps, could you guys do me a big favor. From here on out (don't worry about changing old posts); when stating your moves could you also keep track of the round.

Just something like,

ROUND 4: Mind attacks agility with Psybeam.

That will help me keep track of what round we're on and help the updates move quicker. Thanks!

#70 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Nice battle so far.

#71 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

I'm the only person who can truly respect what Deo is trying to do here. You guys go easy on him.

#72 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Pretty much, mind you I get da rules...a little ^

And I just got reminded. Quick question on berserker, is doing it twice in a row a legal move? Only asking cause Ima ssuming it works a bit like transformation. If Im wrong, Ill shut up and go on.

#73 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

It's legal, berserker and Tform have different restrictions

#74 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Kk, just checking

#75 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

You need to include round 3.

#76 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

I didn't forget it. For the updates, unless you attempted a special move in an earlier round that requires some comment from me, I will only give you the last move summary from both players. This is in case you guys fight for six or seven rounds without an update from me, and I couldn't summarize every round. The first time I covered two rounds was a special circumstance because of Kevin's tactician.

As for round three, Kevin did some average damage, and then you did some minor damage after Kevin blocked you.

#77 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Ok, i kinada figured as much. Wanted to say something, but hey why not ask the GM .

One other thing(that I still see) is that according to the chart, only I lost health, presumably from the round 4 attack(assuming this was Nrdman's thought). I figured both our round 3 moves failed, but now that you say C.J. did average damage there i'm a tad confused why Nightmauler's still Strong +. If there's a reason for that, that's quite alright.

#78 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

You're looking a little to far into it. So far none of the moves have failed. Round three moves all succeeded in doing what they were set out to do at some level or another with varying degrees of effectiveness.

You are at strong- while Nightmauler is at strong+ because as of now he has done more damage then you have. But you did do some damage to him with every attack you've made so far. You have to remember that Strong+ is a range not a specific point, as is Strong-. You two are still quite close in terms of actual points, but he pushed you just over the marker I use to determine a line between Strong+ and Strong-.

#79 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Fair enough, probably did overthink it. I won't worry bout it then.

New question, why does every other person spell Remington with two M's?

#80 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Disrespect. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users