204 replies to this topic

#41 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Kevin has been contacted but he hasn't committed.

@RedDragon- I've got it worked out, but it would be safe to say that not all the matches will be one on one. Team matches and Slayer matches will be thrown in to mix it up.

#42 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

@Treach- You weren't supposed to say that out loud dude!

@Deo- Yeah, Im in this. Im just being that dick that keeps hitting random on the character select screen then doesnt like what the choice comes up as. Promise Ill have something by tomorrow.

#43 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

This guy.

#44 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

There, see. Ham picked a pre-existing character and danced his way into the #6 spot. I'd still prefer a roster of eight, but I've now reached my bare minimum. Therefore I'm now putting a deadline of Friday for up to two new members.

#45 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I think I will be using Jennifer Blood. You want us to post a link to the character we are using here?

#46 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

You can if you like, but I know how to find Jen in the database. Welcome; the nudist vampire marauder takes spot #7.

#47 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Ok, didn't pan out as I had hoped, I think I'll be sticking with Connor Remington/Jackson/get over it, the secret identity thing isnt that complicated then unless something else happens within a few hours; I can probably have some fun with that. Like Treach, I was hoping to ask if I can switch out Iron Will standard, as that hasnt really done much for me in the past in Superior.

#48 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

And C. Jackson-Remington makes eight. The roster is now closed. Next I will be pm'ing you all power definitions and writing some set-ups for the first round of matches which will be coming soonish. Not all the matches will start at once, but when a match starts I will alert the combatants involved.

As for the talk of power switching I'm hesitant to agree because then it leads to everyone wanting to do it. Kevin I don't think I'm going to allow you to switch out Iron Will. I'm still working on the powers but my definitions will be different from Treach's, and it may actually do you some good. Switching out Merci is a somewhat special condition because it isn't clear what exactly she does in a combat sense other than healing so creating an ally power for her wouldn't translate. I am still thinking over how to come up with a solution to that one which is fair to treach and the rest of the roster.

#49 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Fair enough, was worth a shot cause yeah i didn't find it so useful on treach's definition. I had to try tho.

#50 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

If Merci is not in the picture, De Luca's will is going to grow two-fold. Just sayin.

#51 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

When should we expect the fights to start?

#52 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Deo, you ever done an RP before?

#53 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

When should we expect the fights to start?

Soonish. It depends how long it takes me to do a lot of stuff, and I may have jury duty starting thursday. My best guess is that I can start around Sunday

#54 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ballin.

#55 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Deo, you ever done an RP before?

Yes.

#56 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Question: How does this random factor play out on the FPL? What is Treach's method?

#57 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Well basically you have your stats, powers, and then a little bit of luck. I have a formula when calculating the powers of attacks and defenses. As an example, let's take attacks

Stronger stat levels combined with strong powers will create a higher base attack number. For example, superior agility attacking with superior piercing weapon, will have a higher base attack than standard agility attacking with standard piercing weapon.

Whatever the base number determined by your set-up is, it will be then multiplied by a random variable I come to by rolling the dice. The variable can in extreme cases double your base attack, or make it utterly backfire. But most of the time it is more likely to increase or decrease it a bit. The single most statistically likely outcome is that it multiplies by 1, doing nothing to the base attack at all.

That's the random factor. If the dice hate you, then you could be in for the ass end of an ass whoopin'. However if your power set-up is clever enough, you could still win even if the dice don't go your way, so strategy is still a heavy part of the game.

Here's an example of how it works. Below is Treach's method which will be pretty close to my method.
http://www.electricf...&fromsearch=1

#58 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Also as a helpful hint, straightforward attacks like crushing weapon or martial artist may be more reliable than certain special attacks.

#59 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Power definitions are sent out. Get your questions to me via pm before matches begin. I'll start the matches one at a time and start the next one at around the halfway point that the last one ended.

The first match will begin sometime over the weekend.

#60 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Posted! First one in, you guys enjoy making examples out of me dont'cha.

And since Deo brought it up, I now have to try and make up synopsis' for the film titles mentioned in the write up. Unless he had anything in mind? Or maybe he just wrote whatever the hell in hopes Id make the above statement.....hurm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users