204 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Do you like your entertainment to be brutal and ruthless? Do you find normal sports events to be too anti-climactic? Is your concern for athlete safety, minimal?

You’re in luck.

WELCOME TO THE BATTLE ROCK!

The Battle-Rock is an underground fighting league hidden far from prying eyes. Treacherous traps, perilous pits, and miles of other surprises, no expense is spared for the audience’s viewing pleasure. All you need is an internet connection and a credit card to enjoy watching Khazan’s superbeings beat each other to bloody pulp.

Unless of course you’re one of the ‘lucky’ contestants; in which case what you really need is the will to live, because the Battle-Rock leaves few survivors, and quitting isn’t an option. Like gladiators of old, you fight or you die, and your opinion on the matter isn’t highly regarded.

Do you have what it takes to become a Battle-Rock Champion?

For your sake, I hope so….

--------------------------------------------------

You have been dragged into a world of underground combat entertainment where super-beings from all over are forced to fight against their will. Your only hope is to succeed in battle, fight through the challenges, discover the Battle Rock’s astonishing secret, and escape with your life.

RULES

-You play as a single street-level resident of the Khazan Universe. Hero, Villain, whatever. The Battle Rock doesn’t care. However all characters must be submitted in the FPL database in order to gain the attention of whoever runs the fights.

-Once you make your choice of character, post it here. The first eight commitments I get are in.

- This is a turn base style fighting game more or less identical to Clash for Khazan. I will lead the story along and within certain parts of the story, you will encounter various other players that have entered the RP. You will then most likely fight for the Battle Rock’s amusement.

-Some fights will be one on one, some fights will be two on two, some fights will be battle-royales. Also, some battles may be against boss characters of my choosing.

- Battles will work like this,

-----------------------------
The Following is cut and paste from Treach

I will be in complete control of the point system. I have a simple mathmatic system that will determine who wins or loses a battle. The whole system will be based on your FPL characters powers and stats. If you cannot find a description for your power in the FPL Powers List or your power description is listed as Null go here. I will give each character 12 HP's. If you lose all your HP's during this RPG...goodnight gracie, you are unconscious until the end of the round/match. Your stats are the following:

Mind (head): This is your intelligence and will, it determines the effectiveness of your mental powers. When defending it represents your mental state: mind cannot be attacked by anything other than mental attacks.
Body (your body, duh): This is your toughness, it determines sort of abstract powers that you can reasonably say apply to body, or don't apply to anything else (i.e. a Golem's stony body). When defending it represents your center of mass.
Agility (legs): This is your speed and nimbleness, it also determines who attacks first. It is used to determine abilities related to speed or grace (broadly interpreted). When defending, this is your arms or legs.
Strength (Arms): This is how strong you are. It represents strength based powers (broadly interpreted). In battle mode, these are your arms or legs.

These stats are the basic physical parts of your body which you will use to form your attacks. In battle mode, you have two choices during play: Attack or Defense. I will explain both.

Attack Modes:

There will be ONE types of attacks and defenses in combat battles. Powered. meaning you should always use an FPL power when making your move.

This is what it looks,

Ex: .

Marvel Man: Strength (Arms) attacks (Insert Opponent's name here) Agility (legs)

Marvel Man will then explain his move to clarify how he is attacking his opponent.

Ex:

Marvel Man: (Insert character's name here) tackles (insert opponent's name here) legs.

After you've announced your attack, you will then describe it in any form you'd like. You have one attack per turn. You cannot link any power with any stat, (I'll be reeeeeeaaaallllly broad on interpreting, but not everything will fly. If you don't know if something will work, do it anyway, and I'll tell you if it can't).

Ex:

Marvel Man: Mind (head) attacks (Insert Opponent's name here) head/mind using Mind Control.

After explaining how he'll attack, Marvel Man will then explain his attack. As the RPer, you may describe your attack any way you choose. Be creative. You may simply yell out the name of an attack or you may go into detail, it's completely up to you.

Ex:

Marvel Man: As (insert character name here) walks quietly through the cavern, He sees (insert opponents name here) in the distance. Without hesitation he reaches out with his mind to control his foe.

The success of your attacks will be based on your power levels, add-ons, stat levels, and a lucky (or unlucky) roll of the dice.

Now, this is a turn based RP; meaning only one attack per post and per round. You attack and then your opponent attacks. You attack and then your opponent attacks. Until somebody is out (which I will inform you of). There are a LOT of powers in the FPL gallery and each have their own descriptions. These current descriptions will also decide if your attack will win or fail. I will inform players before their fights of the various functions there attacks will have and how they will be played. For instance if your character has healing, you may be allowed to bring a fellow fighter back from the dead. If your character has mind control, I may let you control an opponent for one round. If you use detective, maybe that will allow a teammate to hit an opponent with more force due to you finding a weak point. Also, some powers are linked: If you choose Weapon Master, I'll tell you before the fight that you don't attack with this power. You attack with whatever weapon your character has and that attack will be increased by the level of Weapon Master you have chosen. See fun.

Defense: Defense will work the same way as attacks.

Now, just because you attack doesn't mean it will always prevail and not every turn has to be an attack. You may also use your turn to defend. All you have to do is say you choose defense and pick an attribute to defend with. In some cases if your defense overwhelms the attack, the recoil will damage your attacker.

EX.
-Marvel Man: Strength uses berserker after Darkender says SpiderMan was a punk

-Darkender: Mind uses Teleportation to dodge the raving fanboy.

: Marvel man rams a wall and hurts himself and takes 2 points of damage.

As well, not every defense will prevail. Hint: Defend and attack with your more powerful powers and stats. The trick is trying to find out the weak points of your opponent and beating that spot to a pulp. Hint: Read over the Power Listings!

Here's an example (a rather weak one) of what an entire match should look like (I'll use Marvel Man and Darkender as models):

Ex:

Marvel Man: Mind attacks Body using Mind Control
(insert characters name here) uses mind control to make (insert opponents name here) run into a wall.

Darkender: Defense: body defends with Armor
(insert characters name here's) body becomes rock hard.

Marvel Man: Agility (legs) attacks Strength (arms) using Martial Arts
(insert characters name here) flys forward and kicks (opponent) in the arms.

Darkender: Strength attacks Body using Martial Arts
Grabs (opponent) by the waist and slams him against the wall.

This will continue until I've tallied the points and determined the winner. At which point, I will close the fight and announce the winners of that round. The winner will advance to the next round.

In Team Mode, each team member will attack in turn based style like Final Fantasy. Just go in order, that's all. Not hard.

---------------------------------

There may in some cases be non-combat challenges. I have some surprises up my sleeve.....

#2 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

I'm new to the Dm'ing but I'm giving it a shot. Post any questions here too

#3 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

The Nightmare wants me to kill and what better place to do that than Battle Rock? Seems like the Nightmauler is going to the underground.
http://www.electricf...ts/show?cid=565

#4 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Dub THuMP.

If that's not allowed, then Lady Serpent.

If that's not allowed then Wraith

#5 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

This is more like it. Huzzah Deo. Street level Pseudonym! Read the rules. Also are you wanting us to pick a character in the database or are you wanting people to create their own?

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Also Deo if you have any questions on how I ran those battle style RP's feel free to ask. You are doing a tourney and an RP. Hard work. Good luck.

#7 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

I'm interested in this. Are we supposed to pick a character, or make one?

#8 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

It's either or; if you wish to create a character for this you are welcome, and new characters in the database are always a pleasant sight. However if you don't wish to, or you already have a character you want to build a story around, that is totally acceptable as well. You don't even have to use your own character. You can pick Sister Helenas if you really want to. But if you do want to use someone else's character, try to send them a pm just to let them know.

However there are some rules regarding characters
- Street level only
- no team groups like the evil league of evilness
- Certain characters won't work for story purposes, but chances are none of you will even think to pick them, but I'll let you know
- I'm not sure how I feel about characters at, below, or about to be at or below zero. I guess I'll allow it, though I'd highly advise against it since you're building background for a character who is more or less dead in the database. In this case it might be better to write a new one, or pick a pre-existing character even if it's written by someone else.

#9 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm writing a new character for the October Image Challenge so, if I'm done with him by the time this starts, I will switch to him.

#10 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

I know The Lion isn't quite in the database, but I plan on finishing him up when college work allows. Could I run him in the RP?

#11 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

I know The Lion isn't quite in the database, but I plan on finishing him up when college work allows. Could I run him in the RP?

Yeah, considering how close you are to finishing him, I think I can make an exception. I'll need to know his stats and powers to figure out his combat stats though, and I'm not sure if you had made a final decision on those. Once you have those decided you can run him in the RP.

Right now I have

Pseudonym: Wraith
Nrdman: Nightmauler
Red Dragon: The Lion

#12 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Victor Vandal

#13 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

That makes 4.

#14 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

So, even street levels past 500?

#15 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yup.

#16 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

*Combs greasy hair and pops collar*

Tony De Luca (even if guns aren't allowed)

#17 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Guns are totally allowed. Merci may be the sticky widget; a little harder to write into the story, but I think I can work around it. She can be in Tony's metaphorical corner or something.

That makes 5

#18 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

I've had a character in mind to create for an RP like this, so depending upon when I need to have it done by, I'm in.

#19 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I wanna do this. I'll write a character later, if the spot's still open

#20 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

You guys don't have to write a brand new character, there's a whole gallery out there full of great Battle Rock Brawlers. A talking dinosaur, a witch with a bazooka, too many cowboys/girls to count, and a killer short order cook with a frying pan of doom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users