#1 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

Do you believe that children should be beaten?

Me myself I believe in discipline, i stand behind it. Nowadays kids have no fear of anything. Parents have become more like friends than actual parents. For example how many shows on the tellie show a father being "cool" and not teaching their kids lessons or disciplining them. I am a firm believer that children must be given something to fear r at least give them a reason to second guess certain decisions. I do not believe in severly beating them at all. but a simple strike is proficient. My father raised me to be a man of my word and I has disciplined and honestly at 18 I can tell you I thank him for it. Kids are getting worst, they are realizing that "oh i can basically get away with alot because I'm not 18" and because they know this they are very bold. That and add peer presure is a dangerous mix. But I think father should step up to the plates and do their jobs and mothers should know when enough is enough. But what do you think of the matter?

#2 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

Parents of today are too soft on their children, not really disciplining their offspring and because of this-- their pimp hand is weak. I am not kidding when I say this, because kids these days have absoloutely no respect for anyone these days. The greatest extent a parent now will do to their child will be to either take away their Iphones, IPads, Kindles, X-Box 360, PS3, Wii, or threaten to deactivate their Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or Tumblr. But really in the end does that warrent good results for disciplinary action? No, absoloutely not. But the line needs to be drawn somewhere, and the parent has to put their foot down.

I firmly believe in spanking. I firmly believe in slapping. As long as the two are done within good reason. If a child says something disrespectful, you warn him/her and tell them not to do it again. If a child repeatedly does not listen, you firmly re-assert your position by speaking firmly to them. And if they don't listen you have to either slap them upside the head, spank them, or smack them and then take away their priveledges until they learn their rightful place.

If a child screams and hollars and hits the parent, then that parent needs to keep their pimp hand strong by using it.

-Rakai'Thwei

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Do either of you have children?

Any training, degree, or professional experience dealing with children?

If not, it seems your perogative isn't to make children more likely to grow into well functioning adults, but to make them more tolerable to be around now.

You say that 'nowadays' children are ruder/worse/more annoying then they have been. When exactly were children not annoying, rude, horrible little people, ie anything but children? Were you alive during this time that supposedly exists when children were not child-like? Because otherwise you'd be assuming that this time must have existed at some point simply because children are child-like now, and that this is some devolution from an adult-child state.

Full disclosure, I do not have children. I have never worked with children for a long period of time. I have no child related degrees or training. I find them generally unpleasant and I am often tempted to hit them. But at no point do I ever do that, because A, their parent/a local authority figure would hit me, and B, hitting them would only provide a short-term solution to their behavior.

I'm not saying corporal punishment is evil, bad, or cruel. I've heard in some long lost intro to psych class that statistically, spanked children are more likely to use violence against others later on in life as a means of getting what they want. Which makes sense they saw first hand that hurting people can get them to stop a behavior.

But I've also had friends, colleagues, classmates who were spanked and were perfectly absolutely normal. They weren't beaten to the point of abuse so it was probably fine in small doses.

But what bothers me when I hear arguments like this, is the notion that somehow parents are to blame for children being worse. Worse at what? Xman you mention that kids think they can get away with anything? And since when has this not been true? Kids have always been impulsive and stupid. It's what makes them kids, their brains haven't formed yet. I watched Stand by Me, Rebel without a Cause, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off; minors will steal cars, drive them off cliffs, beat the crap out of each other, regardless of the decade. They are no worse now then they've ever been, you just happen to be interacting with them now.

And finally, "If a child hollars a parent should keep their pimp hand strong"? Really. You know why Pimps use a pimp hand right? They physically intimidate women into having sex for money and keeping them in a constant state of dependency and fear. That's the metaphor for raising kids, a parent would want to be more like a sexual-predator and racketeer? And for what? Hollaring? Making a loud noise, that's it? Sure maybe he wanted a toy or something, dad said no, he yelled, and he gets hit. Will he learn that sometimes we have to use restraint in making choices and remain polite in public, or, dad doesn't like loud noises? Which of those two lessons is probably more useful in the long run?

EDIT: The beating the crap out of each other in Stand by Me was only in the book, not the movie, but you get my point. Also Tom Sawyer, like a poster child for a brat going all the way back to before the civil war.

#4 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Deo is hippie lol. Rakai a little more conservative. As a parent of 2 boys I must say that agree with spanking. Though I have only done it once and it made me feel like shit. I was blessed with an amazingly kind, sweet, and caring 5 year old boy. He honestly is so good that I don't know how I'm going to react to my hell on wheels 13 month old. Back on topic, if someone is going to spank, they have to do it correctly as not to damage the child physically or emotionally. The child needs to be told why he/she is getting spanked instead of just grabbing him/her in a rage and smacking the shit out of them. It actually needs to be done in a calm manner where you can talk it over with them before and after and make sure you let them know you still love them. Though, I have a feeling if when he turns 16 and has smartass remarks, I'm sure a backhand in rage will be in order. This is more for little kids I guess since that's all I have experience with.

Like I said though, I only did it once and it made me feel like shit. I don't know if I will be able to do it again. It's a lot to swallow. I don't have anything against people that spank their children as long as they do it the right way.

#5 Nilan

Nilan

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

There are plenty of kids who get hit, who are boisterous, obnoxious c*nts. And there are plenty of kids who don't get hit, who are chilled out and easy to handle.

The question isn't whether you hit them or not, it's how effectively you can instill a sense of discipline in them. The kid must have a sense of boundaries, i.e, an idea of what he/she can get away with and what he/she can't. That's all it comes down to when you strip away the details. How that discipline can be fostered depends on both the guardian and the child, not over-arching conclusions about one method being better than the other.

I'm not pro-spanking or anti-spanking, since kids react differently to varying forms of discipline. But the notions that people who hit their kids are cruel/uncivilized or that people who don't cannot discipline their kids properly, are all pretty shallow.

#6 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Dejusto, when I talk about spanking I'm not saying toi beat them any chance you get or to beat them for any wrong they have done I'm saying beating are honestly just for keeping all options open. Whenn I was growing up I MUCH rather have stuff taken away rather than get beat or humiliated by my parents(TRUST ME). Nowadays things are actually different than before. Cheating in class is ten times easier, bullying is even more rampant(due to facebook,phones and other social sites)where as before you had "he say she say" now its pictures, photoshop, viral videos,etc. To me beating are just another option. You tell a kid "oh your got using your Xbox/phones/Ipads" they simply go outside and get into stuff, OR they sit in the house bored!!!! Wow. You steal a car and your punishment is to be bored? You fight in school and you get to just sit home? These are the reason children have nothing to fear. Do you keep read the news? Murders by kids under the age of 18 is ON THE RISE!!!!, You brought up Ferris Bullers Day Off. Ferris isnt an adult so he wouldnt be charged as one and basically its a slap on the wrist. In the news you see kids who are 8 killing their younger sibling over a game A GAME!!!!!!, A 12 year old threw his younger brother out the window for crying so much!!!!!!! A 15 year old beat another 15 year old to death over a facebook status!!!!!

let me put it into perspective. Say you wanted to be popular at school and all you had to do is steal the principles car, and because your 15/16 the most that will happen to you is community service for 2 months and get detention. Hell if you REALLY wanted it it would be worth it for the "rep". ,to curse out your teacher what do you get? detention.HA thats nothing. Kids now again realize that the actual consequences are very small compared to the act. It used to be kids were scared of alot but since parents are more passive, an are becoming more afraid to even discipline their own children due to going to jail themselves or hated when they were spanked growing up,so its either parents start to become afraid of their own children which is sad,some kids know this and can actually use this to his advantage.

#7 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

I kind of agree. I'd discipline my child for being a pot head and not being able to spell absolutely, warrant, and privileges. So, xmen and Rakai, be glad I'm not your father.

#8 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

@Xman and Rakai- If you aren't a parent, how can you tell other parents what to do when you have no experience in being a parent?

Personally, I give my son time outs, the fear of time out is enough for him to stop being bad.

Relevant Cracked article, go to number one in particular, I'd like to beat the parents that think it is okay to hit month(s) old babies.

#9 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Murders by kids under the age of 18 is ON THE RISE!!!!,

No it's not, and turn off the caps.

http://www.fbi.gov/a...les/10tbl32.xls

Bullying has always existed. It isn't worse now then it was in the past. You just happen to be alive now so it seems worse. In the old days bullying used to be in person, now its digital.

Cheating has also always existed. It may be easier, but it's not like children suddenly became more dishonest, they were just as dishonest before. If you gave kids in the 50's smartphones they'd cheat, and it has nothing to do with them being better or worse, but simply children being able to calculate whether they'd get away with something.

Yes you can cite a bunch of cases where children killed eachother over trivial things. That does not mean the overall level of child crime has increased, merely that the media coverage of tragedies has increased exponentially.

#10 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

@Hayes that must have offended you. I just said it should be kept as an option, your child is young, try time out when he/she is 16! I dont believe in beating a child out of nowhere Deojusto,and Hayes. It should be the back up plan for when all else fails. There are kids where time out taking away things just dont work, it is a fact and I have seen this,yet on the opposite side there are kids who dont benefit from spanking. One has no precedent over the other. I NEVER EVER said that bullying didnt exist until now. I'm saying that it is more rampant. For example before cell phones what was there? Getting picked on and beaten up. Now you can be posted on the web, framed, beaten up, and picked on in multiple ways. You cant be that naive to think it is the exact same. Growing up did you have to worry about being knocked out and it being posted on the web? Nope, did you worry about sexting pictures to the wrong number or, someone sending your picture around the school? Nope. Now bullying in digital AND in person. when it used to be just in person. and despite what you say crime in kids under 18 has risen each year, why? because it is easier to bully someone,all you need is there number, easier to blackmail, all you need it a picture from a cell phone. If you wanted to find someone to beat up you could just look them up online by their location or their check in on facebook. It saddens me that you dont see that. and think that two things are the same as one. If you say cheating is easier then hat also mean bullying is easier, and it is common knowledge that when things are easy alot of people start to do them. If it was easy to get women would you? if it was easy to get money would you get it? if it was easy to beat ANYONE up would you be humble or bold? The saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely" best fits with what I have been saying. If it was easy to get away with things more people will do them, its human nature. You give the the option and people will take them. Just one more example if every government failed, how many "civilized" people would be "civiliized"? To say that even lawyers and judges are above looting is ridiculous.

side note you say if you dont have kids that you shouldnt speak on how people should raise them huh? Could that SAME logic apply to things a person does in their own life? like..........smoking? You can give an opinion about whatever you want, I'm not a cop but I think some cops are crooked. I'm not a judge but I can say I think Kasey Anthony is guilty. I'm not the president but I think that some foriegn aid should be distributed in teh states. Like dude are you guys serious?

Giving an opinion and judging are too different things. I didnt say people who dont spank their kids are stupid, soft, or anything. I just said I personally believe in it.

Its an opinion I believe and 4 other people in this thread believe in it to, feel free to not beat your kids, they could turn out perfectly fine or not the chances are 50/50. I know kids who werent beaten and kids who were and honestly(just from what I have seen)The kids who were beaten would like like "heck no, my dad/mom would beat my ass" but I have also seen kids who werent beaten say "nah man I dont want to get into trouble".

#11 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Not offended at all, I just don't think someone like you has any merit on this subject.

#12 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

side note you say if you dont have kids that you shouldnt speak on how people should raise them huh? Could that SAME logic apply to things a person does in their own life? like..........smoking? You can give an opinion about whatever you want, I'm not a cop but I think some cops are crooked. I'm not a judge but I can say I think Kasey Anthony is guilty. I'm not the president but I think that some foriegn aid should be distributed in teh states. Like dude are you guys serious?

Its an opinion I believe and 4 other people in this thread believe in it to, feel free to not beat your kids, they could turn out perfectly fine or not the chances are 50/50. I know kids who werent beaten and kids who were and honestly(just from what I have seen)The kids who were beaten would like like "heck no, my dad/mom would beat my ass" but I have also seen kids who werent beaten say "nah man I dont want to get into trouble".

I deleted everything I didn't give a shit to read. The rest I skimmed. I say "My parents would kill me if I did that" all the time. Would my parents ever kill me? No. It's exaggeration. You should understand it.

Like dude, you can't even spell Casey Anthony right, why are we supposed to give you and your opinions any credibility when you present yourself as a dumbass? Like dude, are you serious?

#13 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Xman4life, what the f*ck are you talking about? Your last post was such a jumbled mess of bad logic and even worse spelling that I can't even figure out what your point in there was. Also, as Surfer pointed out, if your parents did their job, you'd probably turn out a lot better different. I think you have the least say in parenting techniques.

Anyway, when I was a kid, my mom hit me, and as far as I know, I turned out ok. But when I turned about 12 or so, instead of hitting me, they simply began starting to explain the consequences of my actions on my future. At the age of 13, they stopped any discipline whatsoever. The reason being, at that age my parents felt I was mature enough to realize the consequences of my actions on my own life, and prioritize for myself. For example, I don't smoke weed because I know that it could only end up harming or destroying the chances of where I want to be in life, not because my parents would send me to timeout if I did do it. That example was a little extreme, but the concept's there. I don't disrespect my parents because I'm cognizant of the fact that it hurts them emotionally if I do and the affect that has on my own life.

#14 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

[insert post about xman4life's nonsensical rambling here]

#15 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Xman4life, what the f*ck are you talking about? Your last post was such a jumbled mess of bad logic and even worse spelling that I can't even figure out what your point in there was. Also, as Surfer pointed out, if your parents did their job, you'd probably turn out a lot better different. I think you have the least say in parenting techniques.

Anyway, when I was a kid, my mom hit me, and as far as I know, I turned out ok. But when I turned about 12 or so, instead of hitting me, they simply began starting to explain the consequences of my actions on my future. At the age of 13, they stopped any discipline whatsoever. The reason being, at that age my parents felt I was mature enough to realize the consequences of my actions on my own life, and prioritize for myself. For example, I don't smoke weed because I know that it could only end up harming or destroying the chances of where I want to be in life, not because my parents would send me to timeout if I did do it. That example was a little extreme, but the concept's there. I don't disrespect my parents because I'm cognizant of the fact that it hurts them emotionally if I do and the affect that has on my own life.

Its funny how soo many people are getting offened when we are just having a discussion, grow up seriously. What does my spelling have anything to do with that I said? Nothing. Like this site sickens me because no matter what topic i talk about people just insult me for no reason.

Side note dont you or Silver surfer ever talk about my *vulgarity*ing parents do you hear me? No one disrespected anyone here not did anyone disrespect you but as anything here comes Nova, Here comes Hayes(its funny that you who believe in conspiricies and was recently mocked for that have the audacity to try to mock me....for what? who knows), The people who agreed with me agreed so whats the problem? I said share your thoughts on spanking, its either your for it or not. I would have turned out differently you say? I graduated on time with a 3.8 GPA and I attend college, Dude I'm 18, how much different could i turn out? What, I could have NOT went to college? like i dont get what you and silver surfer are trying to hint at? I grew up with both parents, I was spanked, I never been to jail, never even had a close call, graduated, have a job and attend collge and even through that I smoke marijuana. I'm pretty sure I dont think I could have turned out better unless you want to say that smoking weed stopped me from geting a 4.0.

I even said sated what Nilan said about how its pretty dumb to say people who do beat children are a certain way. God forbid if I was a democrat I would be made fun of, if i said I liked candy people would find a way to make it bad, I could say I like god and people would turn that bad as well. stop getting caught up into how a person spells and just accepts a persons views(i see alot of you have issues with that)but call me immature. wow I said it can go either way and you have the right to do whatever you like I(and 4 others)just think spanking should be an option. Sorry if I respect your opinion but you dont mine.

#16 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Here comes Hayes(its funny that you who believe in conspiricies and was recently mocked for that have the audacity to try to mock me....for what? who knows),

First off, no one is offended, why do you keep saying that?

So because people disagree with conspiracies I like to read into, means that I can't let you know that you are acting like an idiot? I have dumb moments, no doubt, everyone does. You on the other hand, are perpetually stupid. How did I mock you? I said an 18 year old pot head with no real responsibilities in life has no merit on how to raise kids, how is that mocking you? Are you not 18? Are you not a pot head? Do you care for another life?

Seriously, this is like the 5th time you have mentioned me being mocked for posting conspiracies, what does it have to do with anything we are talking about? Next time I post a conspiracy, you can tell me I'm dumb if it'll make you feel better about yourself. You really sound like you are whining. Being a conspiracy theorist has nothing to do with anything other then when we are specifically talking about conspiracies. Why mention it?

This thread went from questioning if spanking is okay or not, to you trying to make yourself seem smarter by mentioning that I like conspiracy theories and your "academic credentials", pathetic.

#17 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Would it make you happier if I said there was a conspiracy against you, even though there isn't? Act stupid and you will get jumped by several people. Believe me, I've done it before.

#18 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Its funny how soo many people are getting offened when we are just having a discussion, grow up seriously. What does my spelling have anything to do with that I said? Nothing. Like this site sickens me because no matter what topic i talk about people just insult me for no reason.

Side note dont you or Silver surfer ever talk about my *vulgarity*ing parents do you hear me? No one disrespected anyone here not did anyone disrespect you but as anything here comes Nova, Here comes Hayes(its funny that you who believe in conspiricies and was recently mocked for that have the audacity to try to mock me....for what? who knows), The people who agreed with me agreed so whats the problem? I said share your thoughts on spanking, its either your for it or not. I would have turned out differently you say? I graduated on time with a 3.8 GPA and I attend college, Dude I'm 18, how much different could i turn out? What, I could have NOT went to college? like i dont get what you and silver surfer are trying to hint at? I grew up with both parents, I was spanked, I never been to jail, never even had a close call, graduated, have a job and attend collge and even through that I smoke marijuana. I'm pretty sure I dont think I could have turned out better unless you want to say that smoking weed stopped me from geting a 4.0.

I even said sated what Nilan said about how its pretty dumb to say people who do beat children are a certain way. God forbid if I was a democrat I would be made fun of, if i said I liked candy people would find a way to make it bad, I could say I like god and people would turn that bad as well. stop getting caught up into how a person spells and just accepts a persons views(i see alot of you have issues with that)but call me immature. wow I said it can go either way and you have the right to do whatever you like I(and 4 others)just think spanking should be an option. Sorry if I respect your opinion but you dont mine.

Lets all look at the first bold statement then take a look at the second. Ironic huh?

Also with your grammar and spelling there is no way you got a 3.8 or 4.0. Your after school hobbies must be getting in the way of your brain functions.

#19 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm just saying, maybe if your parents had been better parents, you wouldn't be involved in illegal activities.

#20 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

@Force_Echo I said dont speak on my parents!!! Im in school making myself better with good grades I just smoke like WTF, the smoking part makes me a bad person? I would think the part of me being in school would at least count for something.and I smoke throughout high school but it didnt stop my scholarship.

@Nova no one disrespected you or even discussed you, yet you hopped in this convo and went straight for me. even the staments I posted said that its ok to do both but somehow that was dumb. Which one of my opinions were dumb? Spanking kids? Kids bullying kids? Like you guys are just talking and not actually reading what I wrote, which you blatantly say you dont read my messages then you respond to them? That doesn't sound stupid to you?

For example I can say "I hate Nazis they were the worst people on earth, I have friends that are Jewish and that saddens me what they went through" and you read "I hate Jews" Like if you actually READ what I wrote it wasn't foolish, or dumb, or random, it was thought out and it gave my reasons why I think spankings work and why its a 50/50 thing. Like Nova don't you find it odd that no matter where I go you go there to mock me? and then call me immature thought you follow me just to start stuff? You literally came in this convo trolling you added nothing to this convo.

Or Hayes why is it that you can understand how dumb it is for people to mock you on what you believe to turn around and do the SAME thing? People mocked you about saying you believe in conspiricies(who cares) and then you turn right around and tell me "oh you dont have kids so you shouldnt speak on how to raise kids when I(XMAN4LIFE)have them" like do you hear how crazy that sounds?

"Oh you dont have an iphone so dont speak on the case you would use, until you get one"?????? That sounds beyond foolish. While I get slack for saying even a watered down version of spanking compared to Rakai'Thwei? But of course no one would say anything to him or anyone else.

Rakai'Thwei says to pimp smack kids
I say spank them when all else fails and THAT is bad?

Please please please please READ READ READ READ what I wrote and not be biased asshole who are still salty about what I do in my past time(weed)like wow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users