Jump to content


Photo

Battle in Manhattan

Avengers Initiative Prologue

  • Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

#41 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Bullseye heard the shot and the subsequent ricochets. Hearing one come by him, he turns his head to avoid getting the slug through his head. "Well that was exhilarating." Bullseye mutters to himself. On the other hand being near Wade Wilson was one things the crackshot could live without. Standing up and grabbing one of the parachutes, he quickly hooks it up before walking over towards Titanium man.

"Mind if I play wingmate big guy?" Bullseye asks. If things were that dangerous, who better to stand next to than the guy in full armor. He sees a guy run past and jump right off. "Someone's eager." he notes before putting a hand on the big guy's waist just in case he flew right off.

#42 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

    Deadpan Snarker

  • CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A couch near you.
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Nova winces as someone shouts(woohoo!), the sound hurting his eardrum. "Inside voices please, hotshot." he remarks, blasting a couple chitauri aside.

#43 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

    The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

A lone (to the best extent of the term) entity had situated himself far back in the cabin of the Quinjet, away from the others... more so specifically his loathed foe, the Spider. Surely, he was noticed... and he cared not if he was, as they'd have their rightful fight another time - he had been contracted by S.H.I.E.L.D. for a job - keeping the peace in the city and generally eliminating the invading forces if possible. And of course work with the others if necessary... he took it not because of the payment impending, not because of the obvious opportunity to do in his foe - he took it for the potential challenge and thrill of facing the Chitauri, a new hunt, a new experience. He was Kraven the Hunter, and he would hunt all he could. Rushing past the others, primal grin thereupon his expression as he leaped out into the fray below, dual daggers in each hand. As he lighted closer and closer to a landing point would Sergei pop open his parachute and immediately upon closing down, slash the rope attached, easing his landing... the hunt was on!

#44 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

    Way too drunk to care

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Logan puffed away at his stogie looking at this oddball crew. Seeing Wilson make an ass out of himself barely annoyed him anymore. He stayed focused on the task at hand. Kill the aliens and get the information Fury promised him. He was ready to go.

#45 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

    Deadpan Snarker

  • CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A couch near you.
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

"Alright the rest of you, this is the drop off, grab a..."

"Yo, pilots, might want to get the hell out of dodge. Loki's heading your way on one of them skiffs. Be wary of his glow stick of destiny...packs a hell of a punch." Nova stated.

They sit there, mouths gaping in shock before moving quickly and trying to get out of the way before...

Too late, a bolt from Loki blasted one of their wings apart, they started to lose altitude, the screaming and panicking of the inept shield pilots not helping any, they soon landed...if such a crash could be called that...into the lowest floor of Stark tower. Everyone was tossed around like ragdolls, except the pilots who were killed on impact.

#46 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

    Way too drunk to care

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Wolverine stands up and dusts himself off. He reaches for his stogie on the ground and as he picks it up and brings it to his mouth he notices its broken. He crushes the rest of it with his hand before he says

"Now I'm really pissed. That was my last stogie. I'm going to see who's responsible for this." Logan says as he takes off his jacket and extends his claws readying to exit the wreckage

#47 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

    Deadpan Snarker

  • CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A couch near you.
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Nova winces as he sees the craft take the hit full on, crashing into the tower. "Lucky Stark is so rich...hate to see the insurance on that." He remarks quietly. "The craft is down, moving to assist." Nova says to all team members. He blasts off away from the scattered bodies of Chitauri around him, heading to the wrecked jet. As he lands, he hears a sound from within the craft. Figuring that's better than nothing, he quickly points a fine, thin beam of energy to cut through the craft in the shape of a door. He knocks on it and it falls over. "Anyone still breathing up in here?"

#48 bigballerju

bigballerju

    The Last Son of Krypton

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hollywood, Florida
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Punisher got up annoyed and angry as he wiped himself off as he checked his gear. He took out his SMG and was ready for action.

" Its time to go kill some f**king aliens kids. Lets get this thing rolling already."

#49 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Bullseye awaited an answer when the ship took a direct hit.

Well this is bad, he thinks before dropping to the floor to brace for impact. The last thing he needed to do was get sucked out of the ship. He holds on for dear life when the ship crashes. He is out for a few seconds, but he recovered around the time that Nova made a second opening. As Nova asks if everones alright he hears Castle's spiel. Not one to be outdone he quickly dusts himself off before sitting up.

"In what might be a rarity, we agree there." Bullseye grunts as he grabs up his carbine rifle. glances outside to see if there's anything that needs killing. A glance back shows the pilos didn't survive. Shame. "They're definitely not." he says, motioning to the dead pilots before dusting himself off. "Anyone get the license plate on the guy who sideswiped us?" Bullseye mutters aloud as he exits the ship.

#50 Jeremi

Jeremi

    SPOOOON!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Up North

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Spiral would have grabbed onto everything she had time to as the plain crashed. "Dammit." She grumbled as she got up from her seat. Some slight bruises but nothing too bad. She'd draw her weapons and moved towards the exit.

"I suddenly feel the urge to beat on something."

#51 ND7

ND7

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stealing a car from a fake Jamacian

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Gambit brushed himself off and fixed his coat as the plane crashed. Pulling out his staff, he headed towards the exit as well.
"Well, den we better find sum enemies, no? I gotta Admit it, it'll show dat we actu'ly might make a pretty good team...when we ain't tryin' down e'other's throats."

#52 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Carlos stood up after the crash and simply started moving out of the wreckage, seemingly unaffected.

"Okay, my day just went from slightly annoying, to downright sh*tty, luckily there's a whole bunch of punching bags out there for me to vent on."

His voice strongly controlled, though hints of anger could be noticed as he spoke.

#53 Jeremi

Jeremi

    SPOOOON!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Up North

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

"Until someone's survival instincts get the better of them." Spiral replied to Gambit while checking out the immediate area.

#54 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

    King of Kings

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Guarding Arkham Asylum
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

"That was fun!" Speaking to Wolverine, "Daddy! Can we get a ticket and ride it again."

Deadpool then left the back ramp and headed outside. A Chitauri approched to investigate and Wade threw a knife connecting with the creatures face. "I got one!" Pulling the blade from the creature he cleaned it and put it back in its holster. He then began to check and inspect the arsenal he had brought along with him. "Logan! I bet I can kill more than you!"

#55 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Before, or After?
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

Spider-Man walked out of the plane along with the others, arms outstretched as if yawning in boredom. He appeared without any injury on his person, costume as pristine as ever, and his expression would be impossible to discern through the Symbiote's flesh. "Some welcoming committee," he grumbled. Whilst in the ship, he'd covered himself in a cocoon of webbing thick enough to absorb the impact relatively unharmed, though he was no less annoyed for it. He'd seen the bodies of the pilots as well; he'd been the only one to check their vitals. In the cockpit, a pretty dent in the wall might be seen, the size of a spider's fist, near the bodies. Some might have seen it as a declaration of sorrow. Others, a sign of vengeance to come. To Parker, it was not so sentimental... He was exited, oddly so. "I hope they can bleed. I'm not in a punch-pulling mood this afternoon."

A tingle at the base of his skull would go off sporadically, signaling the ever present dangers that now surrounded them. A somewhat more powerful one had alerted him earlier to the Hunter's presence, but he knew the man would hold steady for the time being. Kraven was the least of his worries.

#56 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

    Deadpan Snarker

  • CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A couch near you.
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

Nova smirks at the relatively large number of relatively fine individuals. That was quite a crash.

He responds to each of them in turn as they exit the craft.

"Yeah, well get in line, Castle."
"He's a little out of your league Lester."
"Well, there's plenty of targets out here for ya, Spiral."
"Heh, too bad it only takes a bigger threat to unite us. Can't wait to see some of that ragin Cajun action at work though."
"You haven't seen anything yet, Carlos."
"How about a three way race Wade? Up for the big leagues?"
"Spidey! Yeah, glad to see someone familiar, beats studying shield personnel files to know your backup. And yeah, it's time to go berserker on these aliens. I pity the fool who messes with us!"

Nova looks back inside, taking in the whole sight, before resting his gaze on the dead shield pilots. "Damn." is all that came from his lips at that.

"Well, time to go to work guys. I know I'm supposed to be team lead and give you orders...but honestly I'm no Captain America. I leave it to you to decide who to hit and how to hit and where to hit. The bastards are everywhere. I only ask that you keep everyone updated on your actions through our earpieces." He said, his voice emanating not only from himself but also in every team member's respective earpiece.

He smirks once again before blasting off in pursuit of some Chitauri. "Playing hot pursuit with some of the bastards..." he states before blasting them down. Blam! "Another one bites the dust!" Blam! "And another one gone!" Blam! "And another one bites the dust!" Blam! "Bonus points! Yippee ki-yay motherfucker!"

#57 nrdman

nrdman

    42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Android Coulson flies out behind Wonder Man.

"I'm almost surprised your brother isn't here, Simon," Coulson says, referring to the large amount of villains.

#58 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

    The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Kraven, having 'escaped' the fate of the Quinjet that proceeded his departure, was on the prowl - he stalked from above, leaping across rooftops, moved around fire escapes, keeping out of the gaze of any mobile Chitauri as best as he could, eliminating a few in the process quite lethally... he was studying his prey first... and what he had noticed, aside from attacking the Heroes and, well, everything, the Chitauri were rounding up bystanders caught in the crossfire and herding them into buildings... Given he was to protect them, Kraven the Hunter could not resist the urge of utilizing this knowledge, of those weaker than him as prey to draw in his intended targets... Though he heard Nova's call, and with a slight scowl - "Kravinoff here - they herd the sheep into any remaining, standing buildings and pen them - do well to free them. I will do as a Hunter does. Kravinoff out.", he then gazed across the way as he further observed... and stalked off towards that particular building - that large number of civilians called for a quite a detachment to monitor them - and that meant the Hunter would come across a bountiful hunt momentarily...

#59 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

    King of Kings

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Guarding Arkham Asylum
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

"Taxi!" Wade raised his sword and teleported on to one of the small ships with 3 Chitauri on board. As he appeared he stabbed on in the back. The second turned and shot Wade in the chest. The surprise on the Chitauri's face could be seen when he saw that Wade stood there and laughed. "That tickled buddy! My turn." He sliced the one that shot him threw the neck and its head fell through the sky. Wade then somersaulted over the third that was driving. "Bye bye!" then shot him in the head as he fell to the ground.

As he neared the ground he pulled out his sword. Adjusting his angle his sword pierced two Chitauri standing back to back. "Logan! Hey Logan! Look, its shish cabobs!"

#60 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

    Deadpan Snarker

  • CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A couch near you.
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

"Herding the sheep eh? Well time to knock the shepards down a peg. I'm on it." Nova replies. Doesn't mean he can't do without assistance though, he thinks to himself. Hacking into the police frequency, he gives them the location of trapped civilians all around and for them to assist. He nods in satisfaction as they acknowledge while he flies straight into the building where a lot of bystanders are being held. Crashing through with ease, he skids to a halt, blasting one Chitauri right out the window, upper cutting another one through the roof, before kicking the last one to the ground. "Everyone, clear out!" he barks before turning his attention to the one Chitauri under his heel. From its hand an explosive rolls forward... "Oh shi--"

A blast consumes the area, smoke covering the blast zone, with no sign of the bucket head...until he flies out of the radius, a light chuckle at the weak attack. "Rider here, just saved a bunch of civilians." He glances to his side, seeing something he doesn't like. "Now I'm about to give one of their lizard ships a bad case of indigestion." He says, rocketing straight into its mouth before releasing a wave of pure energy, frying the bastard. Punching through once again, he rockets toward a nearby skyscraper, blasting the Chitauri off it before landing atop it to see where the most assistance was needed.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users