26 replies to this topic

#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

You've already been corrected(on some of it). Plenty of people have told you(after the fact) that you are not allowed to use copyrighted material in FPL.

Again, you are treated based on how you act.

There are plenty of people who were completely inept when they started, who were treated(more or less) politely. Because, just like you, they were treated based on how they were acting.

Try talking to Corvette. When he first started, I pretty much verbally ripped him a new one, several times in a row. Instead of whining, he learned from it, and now he's actually a productive member.

#22 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Heh, yeah. If you need an example on a few instances like that, look into some of my earlier matches (i.e. anything from November 2010 to April or so 2011 made by me, or possibly some of Rakai'Thwei's Predator matches around the time of my joining).

Examples being my first match, Van Helsing, Iron Man, and Batman vs three Predators who I don't remember offhand, and the beginning of the Scar Predator arc by Rakai'Thwei.

#23 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

And Mort's adventures in the TARDIS. :P

#24 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hoo boy, Silver Surfer and M.Bison (Hamboy back then) used to wear into ND7 when he first joined. It was awful, but he became a productive member and he loves them both for their tough love ways.

But as the local sheriff around here, I will say that Deojusto has the right of it. Really, (and this applies to anything) try to scope out your surroundings before you go into them. You've broken so many unspoken rules for forum decorum since your arrival. You just jumped into one of Kainboa's RP's without asking, you begin a weird random RP with absolutely no set up or rules, you create a Predator in the FPL. Without looking, I'm almost 100% certain the actual rule: no copyright characters, is written somewhere in there. If that's true you either chose not to read that rule or you completely disregarded reading the rules. Either way, perhaps you can understand why some of these people are being this way. It's not, "hey attack the new user." It's hey, perhaps you should learn to drive before you get in a car. As Deo said, lurk a little, read a little...

Learn your surroundings before you step into a new environment.

#25 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

You should check out the FAQs.

#26 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

So much constructive posting, without any kind of "bash the newbie". I feel like kicking a kitten. But that might just be me..?

#27 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Well, sometimes you gotta pick your battles. Do I feel like creating a future troll today?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users