Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

The world of Iothamani, The world of Dragons

D&D Dragons

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

The masked one of the group went over battle plans. If it was different monsters with a mastermind at the head finding and eliminating him seemed the best strategy to him. Thoughif it was truly a shapeshifter as his drunk friend suggested he would suggest quickly surrounding and killing it swiftly. Of course Talon made no attempt to share his plans with his allies, preferring to keep thoughts to himself, granted this was nothing new and he figured the situation would work itself out. He led the way, keeping Artemis perched on his arm if a scout was needed and his other arm on the blade handle if he needed defense.

#22 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

"We aren't particularly prepared are we? what if we run into some skeletons, or worse yet, an actual shapeshifter..." He mutters as he follows his team.

#23 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

Roderick chuckled for a bit before replying to the mutters of Claw.

"Skeletons wouldn't be a problem, the power of the gods would make easily remove the undead from our path, however a shape-shifter could be a problem, any suggestions for a plan of action?"

#24 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Krawl waved away some birds that decided to rest on her. At first she thought it was cute, until the flock decided to peck her stony skull. She grumbles, noticing one of the flying bastards relieved himself on her. She wipes it off, half-listing to the others, half-cursing to herself. She hears that they don't really have a battle plan, which really kinda ticked her off.

"We beat IT to death, just like the others." She says simply, flicking the bird poo towards Talon.

#25 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Talon didn't so much as break stride as Krawl began flicking excriments onto him. He sorta felt the impact of some of it, though since it didn't hit Artemis he didn't really comment on it; not so much as turning his head to face her afterwards. Instead he thinks on her words before replying.

"Good fallback plan." he proclaims as he draws one of his three blades. he twirls the thing to pass the time before giving a pitched whistle to Artemis. Now wide awake, she used her big eyes to keep a full radial eye out for anything that wanted to ambush them. "Though let's hope we can be smarter this time." he notes before finally glancing around to see if his allies were ready to do battle.

#26 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

"I suppose beating it will have to do." Claw muttered. "This seems like a poorly concieved plot however."

#27 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

"This bothers you?" Talon asks simply in the closest he could come to teasing Klaw. He would ignore any snark back as he continues to stroll through the forest, just ahead of Roderick. He would occasionally whisper something to Artemis to see if she picked up anything coming their way. That aside, he fiddled with his blade expecting something to break the tension.

#28 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

As the quartet made they way into the forest, Talon, Claw and Krawl noticed a shimmer of white in a nearby tree, just moments before the creature jumped down, and attacked Roderick, who hadn't noticed anything.

Luckily the creature merely struck a glancing blow, and flung him backwards without dealing any actual damage to him, this gave the remaining three, an opening to attack it.

#29 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

As the creature barreled at the group, Talon rolled away on reflex, Artemis taking to the sky mid-tuck. Upon recovering, he saw Roderick go flying from the strike. After some thinking, he figured a free shot into the beast's kidney might give the group enough time to do something more effective. Manuvering to face the creature's back, Talon drew his enchanted throwing knife before giving a powerful underhand toss aimed right for the creature's lower back. He readied himself to get moving towards Roderick if the knife failed to return or stick into the creature.

#30 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Krawl sees Talon trying to take the creature from the back. So she decides to take it from the front. She quickly moved in between Roderick and the beast. "We are gonna beat IT to Death," she growls, before charging in with her greatsword drawn attempting to body check the hairy creature.

#31 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Roderick rubbed his chest where he had been stricken by the creature, then started muttering under his breath as his allies attacked, calling upon the powers of his god to aid them.

The low murmur seemed to reverberate through the air, and the other members of his team could feel the energy of the god bolstering their spirits.

#32 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Claw attempts to sneak behind the creature and attempts to remember any weakpoints before attempting to knock the creature out.

#33 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Manuvering to face the creature's back, Talon drew his enchanted throwing knife before giving a powerful underhand toss aimed right for the creature's lower back. He readied himself to get moving towards Roderick if the knife failed to return or stick into the creature.


The knife thrown from Talon embedded itself in the lower back of the creature, causing it to rear up and shriek in pain.

Krawl sees Talon trying to take the creature from the back. So she decides to take it from the front. She quickly moved in between Roderick and the beast. "We are gonna beat IT to Death," she growls, before charging in with her greatsword drawn attempting to body check the hairy creature.


Just in time for Krawl to slam into it, sending both of them flying backwards, slamming into a nearby tree.

Claw attempts to sneak behind the creature and attempts to remember any weakpoints before attempting to knock the creature out.


The manoeuvre from Krawl sent the battling duo flying past Claw, leaving his sneak attack opportunity, missed for now.

#34 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

"Don't kill the beast, not it's fault it's attackin..." Claw mutters as he tries to get another chance to sneak attack and attempts to knock it out.

#35 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

She see's both the beast and Talon get thrown into the tree. She laughs inwardly, but, gives an audiable. "Sorry, Talon!" She tried to be as sincere as she could, but, Krawl wasn't very good at keeping her composure.


She was about ready to strike the beast again, when she hears Claw provocation. She raises a stony eyebrow. "Then who's is it? It kinda jumped out at Roderick first you know and without being provoked...Wait...you just want to keep it. Don't you."

#36 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Talon hit the wall cleanly in his back. He drops to the floor in pain from the impact though seeing that the creature was down as well, and near him, gave him some incentive to get up. Shaking his head to clear the cobwebs, he ignores the dispute between Krawl and Claw; not the least of reasons being that he is closest to the attacking monster. Talon tries to draw his second enchanted knife(w/ shocking burst) and plunge it into the creature's shoulder, hoping to give it a dehabilitating shock.

#37 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Roderick simply kept back, being almost worthless in a direct confrontation, and none of his magic particularly suited for fighting a beast like this, though he kept stayed alert in case the creature managed to cause serious harm to one of comrades.

After being launched backwards, the creature surged forward, slamming into Krawl, and forcing her several steps backwards, it's claws firmly grasped around her arms, and slashing at her stomach, whilst the blows of the creature were driving the air from her lungs, the claws weren't penetrating her stony exterior.

he tries to get another chance to sneak attack and attempts to knock it out.


Seeing as the creature surged forward, Claws attack just barely missed it, and he would have to reposition himself in order to make another sneak attack upon it.

She was about ready to strike the beast again, when she hears Claw provocation.


Seeing as the creature was directly in front of her, it was easy pickings to strike it, however it kept a firm grip on her, and didn't budge even while being battered by her blows.

Talon tries to draw his second enchanted knife(w/ shocking burst) and plunge it into the creature's shoulder, hoping to give it a dehabilitating shock.


Since the creature surged forward, the dagger just barely missed its shoulder, however since it kept its attention on Krawl, it was wide open for another attack.

#38 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Talon grunts to himself as his swipe misses, and seeing the rest of the group also fail in their attacks in the same manner gets him noticibly angry. In that second, Talon quickly draws /both/ knives and figures with it's focus on grappling with Krawl he could easily stab it in the back with a double strike while Krawl worried about staving off the creature's attacks.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users